Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,989 members, 7,859,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (135209 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2011
I am hoping to update all costs on this building till the decking level by the end of today.

Forming of blocks for the upper part is slated to start by next week. I will be using only 2 bricklayers for the work till they finish the upper floor. We shall be using hollow blocks for this stage.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2011
COST UPDATES

These are the remaining materials which we bought to complete the materials used during the decking of this house.

120 bags of cement @ 1820 = N218,400.00
2 trips of gravel @12000 = N24,000.00
reloading of gravel (labor charge) N800.00
5 trips of sand @8000 = N40,000.00
Water used for the whole decking N10,000.00
Transporting the cement N9,000.00
Loading/Offloading N2800.00
Labor for casting of the decking (all labors) N76,900.00
Workers entertainment N7,400.00
Initial conduit materials used before we bought pipes N8950
Conduit electrician labor N40,000.00
Parapet carpenter labor N25,000.00
Iron benders labor N60,000.00

This will come to a total of N525,250.00, which when added to the previous total of N2,252,025.00, will raise the sum total of building this house to this decking level to N2,775,275.00

We still have the following materials left on the ground, which we are going to use in the upper stages.

10 bags of cement
5 lengths of 12mm rods
8 lengths of 10mm rods
1 1/2 trips of sand
1/2 trip of gravel.

We might start work again on this site by next week.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Nice work, keep up the good work . . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
I have positive confirmation that we shall be starting to form blocks on this decking from tomorrow morning. I will be shipping my workers into this site and they shall start laying blocks to form the upper ooms of this pretty house. The target is for very clean, well laid blocks that will meet the aim of the Spyder's team's 'continuous improvement' drive. I shall hand pick the brick layers whom will travel with me to this site.

We have over 500 blocks on site and I am still expecting at least 1000 more as we work. See you at the site, plenty pictures fom the site.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
spyder880:

I have positive confirmation that we shall be starting to form blocks on this decking from tomorrow morning. I will be shipping my workers into this site and they shall start laying blocks to form the upper ooms of this pretty house. The target is for very clean, well laid blocks that will meet the aim of the Spyder's team's 'continuous improvement' drive. I shall hand pick the brick layers whom will travel with me to this site.

We have over 500 blocks on site and I am still expecting at least 1000 more as we work. See you at the site, plenty pictures fom the site.

Using DHL to ship them or na water cargo . . . Lol
Glad to hear that work is about to commence again
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:02am On Nov 09, 2011
^^^ I will ship them like those your neat cars, my workers are that precious, lolz. Make man catch 4 hours of sweet sleep joo.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:10am On Nov 09, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ I will ship them like those your neat cars, my workers are that precious, lolz. Make man catch 4 hours of sweet sleep joo.

Just like you have said it, God will make it come to past . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
We have started setting blocks on this decking, I have 2 bricklayers, 2 labour boys and my engineer on the site, about 200 blocks have been set as at the time I left the site and we need more materials, blocks, cement and we should be getting the rods ready.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
Keep the fun
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Oletunow(m): 3:20am On Nov 10, 2011
spyder880:

COST UPDATES

These are the remaining materials which we bought to complete the materials used during the decking of this house.

120 bags of cement @ 1820 = N218,400.00
2 trips of gravel @12000 = N24,000.00
reloading of gravel (labor charge) N800.00
5 trips of sand @8000 = N40,000.00
Water used for the whole decking N10,000.00
Transporting the cement N9,000.00
Loading/Offloading N2800.00
Labor for casting of the decking (all labors) N76,900.00
Workers entertainment N7,400.00
Initial conduit materials used before we bought pipes N8950
Conduit electrician labor N40,000.00
Parapet carpenter labor N25,000.00
Iron benders labor N60,000.00

This will come to a total of N525,250.00, which when added to the previous total of N2,252,025.00, will raise the sum total of building this house to this decking level to N2,775,275.00

We still have the following materials left on the ground, which we are going to use in the upper stages.

10 bags of cement
5 lengths of 12mm rods
8 lengths of 10mm rods
1 1/2 trips of sand
1/2 trip of gravel.

We might start work again on this site by next week.

@Spyder880,

Have you thought of writing a book with all these details starting from this specific building plan, drawings, pictures and guild the novice through each stage of the building project and what to do and expect on each stage? Even if it is an ebook, it will benefit alot of people and I will be the first person to buy that book.

Alot of things you are dishing out here are valuable and I would have love to see it as a book on my book shelf. Agreed, with time alot of things like cost would change, but the basic building stages will remain the same.

Abeg make you seriously think about am, I go even fit pay for my copy in advance.

The title could be some like, "Building 5 Storey Duplex from the ground up in Nigeria for dummies" or "Do it yourself guild to Building 5 Storey Duplex from ground up in Nigeria", or anything,

The book definitely will not be a replacement to get a building plan or to hire professional, it would be a guide on how and when to do all these things and the pitfalls to avoid and believe me, between the two building trends of yours that I have subscribed to here, you have 90% of the contents of the book already.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2011
@ Oletunow, thanks for the idea, I have thought about this and I know that it is very possible, I have written two books before but have not published any of them, I will look into this idea because there are just too many things I will add to make this work successful, Thank you once again.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by atasteve: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2011
spyder880:

@ Oletunow, thanks for the idea, I have thought about this and I know that it is very possible, I have written two books before but have not published any of them, I will look into this idea because there are just too many things I will add to make this work successful, Thank you once again.
I agree with Oletunow, maybe yo can come up with something like "Building Essentials for professionals" including all the step by step approach that you have followed in your threads. smiley
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by kez007: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nice job man!!
spyder880:

I thought you only worked in Enugu, Do you have a limit on how far you travel for work?, cool
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
kez007:

Nice job man!!
I thought you only worked in Enugu, Do you have a limit on how far you travel for work?, cool

The right price and right condition, the man will do wonders
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
@ Kez007 and Baba Fhemmmy, true I can travel around to work but I will limit myself to the east of Nigeria for the time being.

On this site, my workers have set close to 800 blocks and counting. We have formed all rooms till the window level, by tomorrow some rooms will get to the lintel stage and we shall be getting the rods ready. There were minor adjustments we are making in the formation of the rooms and it will change the fontal view of the house. Still in talks with the landlord of this house.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
spyder880:

@ Kez007 and Baba Fhemmmy, true I can travel around to work but I will limit myself to the east of Nigeria for the time being.

On this site, my workers have set close to 800 blocks and counting. We have formed all rooms till the window level, by tomorrow some rooms will get to the lintel stage and we shall be getting the rods ready. There were minor adjustments we are making in the formation of the rooms and it will change the fontal view of the house. Still in talks with the landlord of this house.

When i am ready, I am sure you would not leave your brother hanging, i am sure you would travel for my sake oh to my own site, cos you are my brother from the other mother
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by kez007: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
Fhemmmy:

When i am ready, I am sure you would not leave your brother hanging, i am sure you would travel for my sake oh to my own site, cos you are my brother from the other mother

At least my own is in Nnewi, so i'm covered grin wink
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
kez007:

At least my own is in Nnewi, so i'm covered grin wink

Lucky you . . . But me and Oga Spyder are brothers from different mothers and the last time i checked . . . .Blood is thicker than water . . . tongue
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2011
^^^ WHAAAAAT!?!? Cant believe that, you mean you are from the east, wonderful, keep doing good bro, nothing do you.

@ Baba Fhemmmy, why wont I breeze in now and then when you start up something, just knowing you here, seeing the wonders you do with autos and knowing how wonderful you plan things makes me wanna know you the more. Keep doing good bro, Nigeria must change in our generation. And we shall be the better for it.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
^^^ Chief . . . i so much agree with you . . . . Thanks for all the great comment, coming from a Gem like you . . . I am honored
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
Some picture updates

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
the first block formed

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
and we moved off grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
creating a passageway between two rooms to access the front sit out on top of the parapet design

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
left side sit out that will be left open, I love the space, it will be hedged on the sides with a baluster stands

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
we had wanted to create a passage to get into this sit out from this side but due to this pillar at the corner, we cannot leave the house without a pillar on this key corner. We also have plans to cover this sit out with a roof, if the owner permits. This will mean more pillars and beams, labour cost, plus additional roofing sheets, but its worth every penny, nothing beats a good rest under the outer sit out on a hot afternoon.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
coming up from the staircase

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.