Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51376 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2007
MILITIA or what, see i 've been reading so much bullshit you keep saying about this country and i want to question your nationality. I dont know how long you ran away from this country but she doesnt deserve your bullshit. In the first place crime is a world wide thing and all that rubish coming from some one whos background smells of filth and sin as you can throughly read from many of these posts is unacceptible. You keep jumping to conclusions any time there is a post concerning Nigeria. My question is simple, TELL ME WHICH PART OF THIS WORLD WHERE THERE IS NO CRIME LET ME GO THERE AND HIDE, EVEN THE SMALLEST CRIME. One hundred and fifty Nigerians can, will never be criminals.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by sirp2007: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2007
PST KUMUYI,PST ADEBOYE,BISHOP OYEDEPO,BISHOP OKONKWO,CARDINAL ARINZE AND MANY MORE NOT TO TALK OF THE NUMEROUS IMAMS IN THE ISLAMIC FAITH.IS SHE SAYING THAT THESE NOBLE MEN ARE CORRUPT.
ANYWAY TO ME SHE IS  INFINITESIMALLY INSIGNIFICANT TO ALLOW HER OPINION ABT MY COUNTRY BOTHER ME.SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY MORAL,SPIRITUAL OR LEGAL RIGHT TO MAKE SUCH COMMENT ABOUT A WHOLE COUNTRY.MAY GOD FORGIVE HER AND ALL OF YOU IN SUPPORT OF HER COMMENT ESP MILITIA.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MILITIA(f): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2007
ozoneflake:

MILITIA or what, see i 've been reading so much bullshit you keep saying about this country and i want to question your nationality. I don't know how long you ran away from this country but she doesnt deserve your bullshit.

In the first place crime is a world wide thing and all that rubish coming from some one whos background smells of filth and sin as you can throughly read from many of these posts is unacceptible.

You keep jumping to conclusions any time there is a post concerning Nigeria. My question is simple, TELL ME WHICH PART OF THIS WORLD WHERE THERE IS NO CRIME LET ME GO THERE AND HIDE, EVEN THE SMALLEST CRIME. One hundred and fifty Nigerians can, will never be criminals.

E DON HAPPEN!!!!  ARE YOU JEALOUS BECAUSE I AM MILITIA WINFREY-BUSH-CLINTON!!!!!!  Please go lie down somewhere and take a chill pill!!!!  Do I have to agree with you  YES WE ARE CORRUPT REGARDLESS OF EDUCATIONAL LEVEL!!!!

Jump into the nearest lake and drown!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue  With all your ye ye PH.D Oprah says you are "stinkingly" corrupt!!!!

BHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! grin grin grin grin grin Is it not true You are additionally, subtractionally, multiplicationally and divisionally---------- not to talk of linguistically and scientifically corrupt!!!!!! BHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  I beg make I run before Seun begin flash me!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue PISS OUT!!!!!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Axiomlogic(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2007
@militia,na wa 4 you oooo,we know say na Oprah give u hope when u 1st enter yanks,dat no mean say make u dey use ur left hand describe ya papa door mot.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2007
mili mili.
These men want to castrate you even though you no get am for balls. grin
no mind them.

when Auntie opy give you money abeg dash me some O
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Topic
I don't know which show this guy is talking about but i'm a CNN, C-span and oprah show junky. I saw a show on oprah with Brian Ross of ABC news. The show was based on investigation that Mr. Ross conducted in Nigeria about 419. Eventhough the show and the investigation hit Nigeria hard but at the end of the show Oprah said that she was sure that Nigerians would not like the show but she was sure that not every Nigerian is bad ! There was another show on CNN called " HOW TO ROB A BANK ". This one was even harder on Nigeria than Oprah's. They showed so many Nigerians, especially the ones in Houston. They showed how mostly ibo boys are doing all kind of frauds. There was a guy that they found about $500,000 in his house. Money he got through identity card and credit card fraud ! Another one was intercepting checks of big corporations. his name is Osamor. I got the show recorded on my Tivo ! And to be honest, working in law enforcement i really hate what i see among Nigerians in the USA ! I've seen arrest report and criminal record of many Nigerians that am ashamed sometimes. Just yesterday, there was a Ngerian in Kansa city, Mo. that threatened to start shooting people unless they deposit $50,000 into his account ! Can you imagine that. His stupid butt is in jail now cooling off. To Nigerians abroad, especially the ones in USA and Europe, if you don't like Nigeria's image abroad start turning this crooks to the authorities !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2007
I dont care about what the slut says but what you a quetionable Nigerian say. To hell with all the rubish who cares if you live in hell or heaven thats your cup of tea. For all i know am well off here and like it too. You refused to answer my question, TELL ME WHICH PART OF THE WORLD THAT IS WITHOUT CRIME, I WILL GO THERE AND HIDE. One hundred and fifty Nigerians can, will never be criminals. Get that stright into that thick skull you call head.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Jakumo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sho y'right,  MILITIA.    Now there is someone who flat REFUSES to tolerate crap from anyone.    

The crap in this instance being of course that predictable knee-jerk defensive posture taken by those hard-core patriotic Nigerian respondents to this thread who choose to play ostrich and bury their heads in the sand about Nigeria's sordid international image, whilst shrieking amusing insults and impotent protestations at Oprah Winfrey for using her hidden cameras to remind the world of just how low Nigerian officials will stoop to make a dishonest buck.

Take no prisoners, Militia.    Whack 'em over the head with reality until they retreat whimpering in disarray to lick their wounds and wonder what in the world hit them.  

The Giant of Africa has no clothes on, y'all.  He is butt naked and running amok in the marketplace, propositioning fleeing goats while being secretly video-taped for yet another upcoming expose by the woman we so love to hate, but who doesn't happen to give a rat's ass what the phuck we think, OPRAH KOINENGE WINFREY.   Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.    They got married, so we can now make a national pastime of insulting Oprah and Jeff as the couple that holds the dubious honor of being blamed as the primary cause of all that is wrong with Nigeria.  Oh patriots arise ! !   There is much work to do, even in our inconsequential obscurity.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Topic
Sometimes some Nigerians in the USA makes me so mad about some illegal things that they do, especially financial crimes that i just feel like going to court and testify for prosecutors to keep his behind in prison for a looooong time !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Ozoneflake
What do you do for a living ??
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MILITIA(f): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2007
@babyosisi
Don't mind them!!!!  I will give you some money jo!!!! As Oprah's only surviving child!!!! You are a very good girl!!!! Did you read that other thread? HOW TO BE A NIGERIAN  These noise makers do not want to see the real shame!!!!!  They are hiding here and talking rubbish!!!!!

@Sweet T
You see!  That is why I love you too much!!!!  Tell them oh!!!  tongue tongue tongue  Nigerians change oh!!!  I beg make una change oh---for the better!!!!  We are tired of your corrupt butts allover the world!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@Topic
I don't know which show this guy is talking about but i'm a CNN, C-span and oprah show junky. I saw a show on oprah with Brian Ross of ABC news. The show was based on investigation that Mr. Ross conducted in Nigeria about 419. Eventhough the show and the investigation hit Nigeria hard but at the end of the show Oprah said that she was sure that Nigerians would not like the show but she was sure that not every Nigerian is bad ! There was another show on CNN called " HOW TO ROB A BANK ". This one was even harder on Nigeria than Oprah's. They showed so many Nigerians, especially the ones in Houston. They showed how mostly ibo boys are doing all kind of frauds. There was a guy that they found about $500,000 in his house. Money he got through identity card and credit card fraud ! Another one was intercepting checks of big corporations. his name is Osamor. I got the show recorded on my Tivo ! And to be honest, working in law enforcement i really hate what i see among Nigerians in the USA ! I've seen arrest report and criminal record of many Nigerians that am ashamed sometimes. Just yesterday, there was a Ngerian in Kansa city, Mo. that threatened to start shooting people unless they deposit $50,000 into his account ! Can you imagine that. His stupid butt is in jail now cooling off. To Nigerians abroad, especially the ones in USA and Europe, if you don't like Nigeria's image abroad start turning this crooks to the authorities !

Don't start this stupidity again.
Most of the offenders on that show were Yorubas.
I proved it on another thread when a Yoruba girl started the same nonsense
I'll prove it again with the transcripts,ewu like you.
Maybe Tokunbo sounds like Emeka in your waxy ears
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2007
I had a Nigerian Neighbor one time, we became casual friend untill one day when he accidentally saw my official badge and clip-on. Ever since then, this guy has been seriously avoiding me. Lucky bastard, i had been wondering on what he does for a living anyway. Only God knows, he never talked about a job or business !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MILITIA(f): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2007
Jakumo:

Sho y'right,  MILITIA.    Now there is someone who flat REFUSES to tolerate crap from anyone.    

The crap in this instance being of course that predictable knee-jerk defensive posture taken by those hard-core patriotic Nigerian respondents to this thread who choose to play ostrich and bury their heads in the sand about Nigeria's sordid international image, whilst shrieking amusing insults and impotent protestations at Oprah Winfrey for using her hidden cameras to remind the world of just how low Nigerian officials will stoop to make a dishonest buck.

Take no prisoners, Militia.    Whack 'em over the head with reality until they retreat whimpering in disarray to lick their wounds and wonder what in the world hit them.  

The Giant of Africa has no clothes on, y'all.  He is butt naked and running amok in the marketplace, propositioning fleeing goats while being secretly video-taped for yet another upcoming expose by the woman we so love to hate, but who doesn't happen to give a rat's ass what the phuck we think, OPRAH KOINENGE WINFREY.   Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.    They got married, so we can now make a national pastime of insulting Oprah and Jeff as the couple that holds the dubious honor of being blamed as the primary cause of all that is wrong with Nigeria.  Oh patriots arise ! !   There is much work to do, even in our inconsequential obscurity.

Thank you oh!!!  laff oh laff!!!!!  Don't mind all this follow-follows------siddon for Nigeria "chopping roasted kpomo" for under bridge---selling pure water!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin SUFFERHEADS!!!!!!

Please go and read that thread " HOW TO BE A NIGERIAN" You will laff your tail off!!!!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
SWEET T Am a liaison officer with a reputable world-wide coy in the oil/gas sector- WHAT
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Smile
You are a clown, These idiots are messing us up !! There are many good Nigerians doing positive things and stacking doughs legally but the actions of the few stains us all ! Nigeria is losing a whole lot of business opportunity and brighter future because of the bad image !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Akiika: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2007
Guys, i still disagree with the assumption that Nigeria is the most corrupt nation in the world, we are just the dumbest nation that can take the vilification. Anyway, to those of you in the state here and UK, when was the last time you heard any good NEWS on the TV, American NEWS is always horrific; bank robbery, murder, child molestation, rape e.t.c. the last two US presidential election was rigged for the incumbent, Scooter Libby, former chief of staff to U.S VP Dick Cheney, recently was indicted of perjury but Mr Bush commuted the prison sentence. Does all these make the US the most heinous world nation? Oprah just chose to be ignorant, she even just fell Mungun for a dubious writer. If all Nigerians are corrupt, then it follows that all Americans are Murderers, Rapists, Gangsters e.t.c 'How to Rob a Bank' on CNN is not a balanced reporting, Asians are worst in ID theft, why were they left out.
I agree that we need to put our house in order, we need to have a responsible govt. and you and i need to be patriotic. I'm sure some Nairalanders are even yahooboys.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by egoldman(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2007
Militia you seem to be enjoying urself, you seem to have some response to everything and everyone,but i don't know if u understand that u are actually irritating people in here ,yeah we have many bad ones among us , but surely not all of us, and by the way u are a Nigerian , the fact that u live in the us and have us citizenship doesn't not change what u are , if you want to know the value of ur American citizenship , then when u see ophra , tell her ur from Nigeria and see if she treats u differently.So if you don't have anything positive to help ur country just keep ur peace .
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by luka: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2007
Militia,shey na evil spirit bring you back. I think you talk sey it's time to leave.

Babyosisi, walahi I never knew you were this funny, na your post wan kill me pass.

Yes they say we are corrupt, I no argue. Philip Emegwali is corrupt (he is a force to reckon with in I.T because he invented spurious products and he acknowledges he is a Nigerian not like some opportunist who got to America and disowned their father and mother)

Hakeem Olajuwon is also corrupt (he broke all the basket ball rules and became one of the greatest basket ball players in US).

I won't get annoyed but I will want Oprah to rephrase her statement to this "Nigerians are the smartest people on earth"
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Ozoneflake
What's the name of the oil company ! I'm familiar with most of these oil and pharmaceutical company. one oil executives ones told me that Nigeria does not appreciate what she has. He said the level of Mis-management has driven good business from Nigeria. If you work in the oil sector, you should know how the expatriates are so scared of doing business in Nigeria !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MILITIA(f): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2007
babyosisi:

Don't start this stupidity again.
Most of the offenders on that show were Yorubas.
I proved it on another thread when a Yoruba girl started the same nonsense
I'll prove it again with the transcripts,ewu like you.
Maybe Tokunbo sounds like Emeka in your waxy ears

Does it matter if it is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa It is the same old disgraceful Nigerians all over the world!!!!

@Sweet T
You missed the "gangster" wannabee debate on that "yahoo" boy Oluwatosin boy who was dealing in guns and was arrested for "attempting to make terrorristic threats" by threatening a shoot out at his school!!!  We dealt with that  one last night to early this morning!  

Seun removed the thread and put it in the "Crime" section!!!!  Boy did we have fun with that one!!!!  The thread almost reached 4-5 pages just from last night for serious arguement!!!!!  I beg go and check it out!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2007
sweet T how come you are blind not to see the expliotation! OMG even if we kill all of them they will not leave this country because exploitation is in their blood.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T Gatchya but one thing is clear that the same country yall agree to represent {USA} has graduated through all sought of crime to this level. Since the days of slavery till this day. What do Nigeria know when it comes to committing hideous crimes against humanity. All those oyibo country are worst. While they used their guns to enslave us they were busy compelling us to use our strenght. When poeple use guns and bombs against defenceless men what do you think of them. o crime is greater than that. Sorry 'OYIBO NIGERIANS' we are happy to miss all you.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2007
What do you expect from a country where elections are stolen outright in the daylight. Where leaders act like super-humans. Look at the Governors that were just arrested. How could one individual steal that much money?? What? is he looking out for his generations to come?? Nigerians at home and abroad are a whole bunch of disgrace !!! The few rich ones act like they are God. There are corrupt politicians worldwide, but the ones in Nigeria behaves like corrupt monkeys in Agbadas ! How many western leaders steal money from his country and take it to a bank in Africa ??
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by omoge(f): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2007
not to talk of immigration fraud that nigerian are good at. some even marry their relative just to bring them here. let Madam O talk abeg. our folks own too much.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by initiator(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2007
Until MILITIA understands that she's disgusting readers with her brainless posts, we wont have a decent debate.

Well the statement by oprah is unconfirmed. No intelligent celebrity would talk like that.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MILITIA(f): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2007
egoldman:

Militia you seem to be enjoying yourself, you seem to have some response to everything and everyone,but i don't know if u understand that u are actually irritating people in here ,yeah we have many bad ones among us , but surely not all of us, and by the way u are a Nigerian , the fact that u live in the us and have us citizenship doesn't not change what u are , if you want to know the value of your American citizenship , then when u see ophra , tell her your from Nigeria and see if she treats u differently.So if you don't have anything positive to help your country just keep your peace .

I am enjoying myself too much!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue  Nigerians make una change!!!!

luka:

Militia,shey na evil spirit bring you back. I think you talk sey it's time to leave.

Babyosisi, walahi I never knew you were this funny, na your post wan kill me pass.

Yes they say we are corrupt, I no argue. Philip Emegwali is corrupt (he is a force to reckon with in I.T because he invented spurious products and he acknowledges he is a Nigerian not like some opportunist who got to America and disowned their father and mother)

Hakeem Olajuwon is also corrupt (he broke all the basket ball rules and became one of the greatest basket ball players in US).

I won't get annoyed but I will want Oprah to rephrase her statement to this "Nigerians are the smartest people on earth"

Sorry oh!!!  I am leaving!!!  If you call Militia one more time[b]---Seun's beeper will go off![/b] ---- SOME KIND OF MILITIA ALERT DEVICE OR SOMETHING!!!   I don't want to see of any of those traumatizing red --- flashes at this time of the day please!!!!  Come set me on fire this hot afternoon!!!!   I am going oh!!!  I am going oh!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2007
Boy sweet T read the history of these countries its all about crime. You are there because they need you to contribute your energy.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Ozonflake
America is very corrupt but atleast they do for their own !!! How many times have you seen a corrupt US congressman or Senator recieve illegal campaigne donations and put it in a bank in Africa ?? I was watching the story of Mobutu sese seko last night for 21/2 hours and i almost came to the conclusion that we are no better than a monkey ! This fool robbed that country blind. Just like Abacha, IBB, OBJ e.t.c did.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2007
americans are corrupt
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2007
if you steal money in nigeria, invest in the development of nigeria !!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2007
@9ja4ever
Americans are very corrupt but very smart at it. they put the money back into their system for development. They don't take it to a bank in Nigeria for a coon to sit on it !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Obidients Hold Wheelbarrow Rally In The North / Osogbo To Determine Osun Governor As PDP Leads After 29 Local Govts / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.