Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51385 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Roscodaddy(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2007
Babyosisi,you be small devil,how you want make thunder fire my keyboard,okpara na ashewo ten ten koko before now,this gal gall Militia I wonder if she nor manage go this America how she for be for village she just dey diss our beloved country,all those wey dey curse this our country una try oh well well.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

if you steal money in nigeria, invest in the development of nigeria !!!
then u support stealling money which make all your holy crusade sucks. Grow up dude and beleive it or not all nigerians are not corrupt. Oprah can say anything she likes its a free world. She is using us(you, me Militia and others) to enrich herself. South africa is not better than us as par crime levels. As somebody rightly said tell oprah you are a nigerian and she will treat you like all those fraudstars irrespective of where you works or the badge or rank you have on your shoulder.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ozoneflake(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2007
YA boy i think you will make a good economist but lets debunk the thrash by Oprah. Am happy that you also know that the country Militia claim to be her fathers land is also currpt. Elections, how did BUSH came into power.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2007
I am gradually beginning to realise that most of the fraud perpetuated by Nigerians are carried out by Nigerian abroad. The same Nigerians that come here to say that Nigeria is bad.

Sweet T has even been privy to security records and testifies that these criminals boku for US.

I believe a step that should be taken by Nigerians to stem this is to send a picture and information about any know family member or friend living in the US to the authorities for proper investigation.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@9ja4ever
Americans are very corrupt but very smart at it. they put the money back into their system for development. They don't take it to a bank in Nigeria for a coon to sit on it !
if americans or european allow those corrupt officails to deposit that money they have stollen in thier banks then they support the stealling cos no British or American govt official can take such amount to the bank without a clear evidence on how he made the dough. They are accomplice short and simple.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Presido
I'm not advocating stealing but you can't tell these monkies in Agbada ruling Africa not to steal. That's the least we can ask for ! Read between the lines or if you can't, shut up !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
luka my brother,they say laughter is good medicine.
rosco,oprah didn't say any such thing about all Nigerians,how can?
she's a smart woman.

e be like say mili mili don go breast feed im babies grin
me i don go too
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2007
Diaspora people, make una take am easy. You know say these nice Americans accept una with open arms. Make una no wreck their economy.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Denex
I have seen a lot of Nigerian criminal records and i can tell for a fact that when an average Nigerian comes to the US they have the mentality of quick wealth only to be disapointed. Next thing you know, they start looking for an overnight success ! You can achieve any goal you set in this country but it takes time and a real hard work ! It's not only Nigerians that are here that do these things, it is the mentality and brainwashing that we get from the TV back home that makes some of these crooks do these things ! Also the trenmendous pressure from the family back home drive some Nigerians to financial criminal activities !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@Presido
I'm not advocating stealing but you can't tell these monkies in Agbada ruling Africa not to steal. That's the least we can ask for ! Read between the lines or if you can't, shut up !
I read clearly btw lines my brother, for making that coment directly or indirectly you have advocated stealling, accept it and try and be polite, otherwise people in this forum will know that you are not what you are claiming to be. People with badge or rank in US or other western countries don't tell other people to shut up like you are saying. All nigerian are not corrupt dude don't be brain washed.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Sweet T

please continue to fervently pursue those Nigerians over their condemning us to this level.

In fact, if there are two equally dangerous criminals, leave the other one and pursue the Nigerian. If that will be your own contribution to helping Nigeria's image, it is enough.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2007
@presido
Stealing is inevitable in any organization where there is a lot of money involved. Even the fraud is very common in the so-called western administrations but they do it with sense and do for their own kind !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by PTBNaija(f): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@Denex
I have seen a lot of Nigerian criminal records and i can tell for a fact that when an average Nigerian comes to the US they have the mentality of quick wealth only to be disapointed. Next thing you know, they start looking for an overnight success ! You can achieve any goal you set in this country but it takes time and a real hard work ! It's not only Nigerians that are here that do these things, it is the mentality and brainwashing that we get from the TV back home that makes some of these crooks do these things ! Also the trenmendous pressure from the family back home drive some Nigerians to financial criminal activities !

I don't know what "average Nigerians" that you know. But the ones that I know don't take part in criminal activities. They might work minimal paying jobs. . .and maybe more than one job. I think a very small percentage of Nigerians here turn to crime.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Mamajama(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2007
WHo the hell is Oprah to say all Nigerians are corrupt? when she ws messing with an IGBO Nigerian cab driver before she blew up did she say we were corrupt then? please, we know who we are and the corrupt ones know who they are
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Mamajama
When did Oprah mess with a cab driver ?? grin grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@presido
Stealing is inevitable in any organization where there is a lot of money involved. Even the fraud is very common in the so-called western administrations but they do it with sense and do for their own kind !
irrespective of the sense applied in difrauding somebody its still a fraud, stop contradicting your very self, ok fraud is everywhere even in the western administration, how many shows has oprah done to show case their sense applied fraud as u called it. I do not know your age but do not let me guess.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ayinba1(f): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2007
I guess it is way easier for people to say negative things than to write positive things. Some people seem to revel ( actually rejoice) in the state of our country. If we cannot fix it, we should not make it worse. You should know that your negativity iss not making things better.

Please, watch your language (s) undecided
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Presido
You sound very funny. i wonder if you are in the presidential villa in Abuja, the sit of corruption ! Human beings are like that no matter the race or color. There would always be somebody who steal or cheats in any organizations. I guess you haven't had enough experience in human relations, i'll let you find that out in your future experiences ! bye !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Ayinba
Nobody that i know is happy with the conditions of things in Nigeria. In fact some of us are terribly sad about it. The last elections in Nigeria was realy makes me angry because i was hoping that would be a new beginning untill these idiots started staeling the election in front of the whole world ! Imagine that !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by PTBNaija(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
ayinba1:

I guess it is way easier for people to say negative things than to write positive things. Some people seem to revel ( actually rejoice) in the state of our country. If we cannot fix it, we should not make it worse. You should know that your negativity iss not making things better.

Please, watch your language (s) undecided

I completely agree with you. People are always talking about the negatives, "Nigeria this. . ." and "Nigerians that. . ." And some stupid people choose to believe it. Can you imagine making such a blanketing statement as "all Nigerians are corrupt" and people agreeing with it. Sometimes I wonder how ignorant and stupid one can be to believe such a thing. And Oprah of all people should know better. She who should be so enlightened and teaching people on her show about acceptance and learned to get behind stereotypes. And as a black woman growing up in Mississippi. . .she should know the effects of being categorized.

I can't believe she would say such a thing. . .and in fact I'm not sure she did. But to anyone who would believe such a ridiculous thing is stupid. Yes I said stupid. . .and you can get mad at me if you want, but I really don't care. This completely forgets all of the honest and hard working people in Nigeria. The mother who walks miles daily between roads to make just enough money to feed her family. Those that work in other people's houses to send money back to their families. Those that come to the US or other countries and suffer countless ordeals to try to find a better life. Working menial jobs for low pay or working several jobs at a time. . .just to send money back to family. Why don't you look at those people and tell them that they are corrupt! angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Presido
Talking about things only expose these corrupt bastards that makes us look bad . Hiding things or self-righteousness only makes things worse !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Mamajama(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T come to CHYTOWN and we will show you, and the cab Driver is still alive and have pics to proof it as well. No be me talk am
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@Presido
You sound very funny. i wonder if you are in the presidential villa in Abuja, the sit of corruption ! Human beings are like that no matter the race or color. There would always be somebody who steal or cheats in any organizations. I guess you haven't had enough experience in human relations, i'll let you find that out in your future experiences ! bye !
Do not quit cos quitters never win and he who fights and run away will leave to fight again, if human beings are like that no matter the race or colour and somebody must steal or cheat in any oganization why then is nigeria singled out by your oprah.Am not in Aso Rock yet but very close watch out. may be you are in white house seat of HOLLINESS because its white. What ever happened to your life will never change your genotype.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by mubaraqqq(f): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2007
nawa oh !   i was just getting over the airing of "how to catch an ID thief on NBC" last sunday. Where a Nigerian was involved with a ID theft from Switerland, to cotonou, to Germany . God this  our image is getting worse
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by naijaway(m): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2007
Oprah is someone I like but crossing that line of saying whoever should sever ties with Nigeria is a big joke because even the American diplomat to naija was one time quoted on NTA saying that Nigeria is one country dat is very difficult to sanction except they do a naval blockade.
 Oprah is just pissed off because we did not worship her to build watever in Nigeria and she can't seem to understand why and how we survive but yet we keep climbing.  I bet you she wishes she can be accepted and idolized in Nigeria and she just noticed how difficult that idol part will be and as for her money, hopefully she doesn't want to compete with a couple of Nigerian dons that is legally rich not to talk of illegal.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2007
It is the Nigerians abroad that perpetuate these crimes. Yet na them complain about the corrupt state of Nigeria pass. Na them like wetin Oprah dey talk pass.

I don proffer solution say we in Nigeria have to send pictures and information of Nigerians we know living the US and UK to their homeland security so that they can be easily investigated.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by WesleyanA(f): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2007
angry angry angry angry angry
thunder fire her mouth for that comment (if she really did make it).
i guess she found some amusement in hoping on the Nigeria-bashing bandwagon.

denex:

It is the Nigerians abroad that perpetuate these crimes. Yet na them complain about the corrupt state of Nigeria pass. Na them like wetin Oprah dey talk pass.

I don proffer solution say we in Nigeria have to send pictures and information of Nigerians we know living the US and UK to their homeland security so that they can be easily investigated.

since when did yahoo boys reside abroad?
i guess you're just mad that the cousin of yours didn't send enough money home to you last month.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2007
mubaraqqq:

nawa oh !   i was just getting over the airing of "how to catch an ID thief on NBC" last sunday. Where a Nigerian was involved with a ID theft from Switerland, to cotonou, to Germany . God this  our image is getting worse
how many people were involved in this their ID theft.
naijaway:

Oprah is someone I like but crossing that line of saying whoever should sever ties with Nigeria is a big joke because even the American diplomat to naija was one time quoted on NTA saying that Nigeria is one country that is very difficult to sanction except they do a naval blockade.
 Oprah is just pissed off because we did not worship her to build watever in Nigeria and she can't seem to understand why and how we survive but yet we keep climbing.  I bet you she wishes she can be accepted and idolized in Nigeria and she just noticed how difficult that idol part will be and as for her money, hopefully she doesn't want to compete with a couple of Nigerian dons that is legally rich not to talk of illegal.
brother forget its not easy to be a nigerian, she should come out and tell us(NIGERIANS) what she want, its never late. she is just jealous about us simple. everyday nigerian show.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Wesleyan
Sorry about that, i did not mean an average Nigerian. I mean most of our leaders and the 419ers !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by presido1: 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2007
Sweet T:

@Wesleyan
Sorry about that, i did not mean an average Nigerian. I mean most of our leaders and the 419ers !
Why can't you stood your ground check out the topic of this thread and all along you were in support of this lady called oprah now you meant leaders and 419ers. maybe am missing sometin.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by SweetT1: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2007
@presido
whatever ! The message was for someone else !
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by mubaraqqq(f): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2007
presido1:

how many people were involved in this their ID theft.brother forget its not easy to be a nigerian, she should come out and tell us(NIGERIANS) what she want, its never late. she is just jealous about us simple. everyday nigerian show.

Well it turned out this Nigerian man  was buying merchandise with the stolen credit card and since most stores will not ship to Nigeria. He met american women he said he would marry. He then shipped the products to their houses. They in turn shipped it to Nigeria. The investigators went all the way to cotnou. Where the president said we have hijacked his country with 419 fraud.

to answer your question it was one Nigerian involved in the scam

Look this is just sensationalizm. Americans are more corrupt than America. they just hide behind the laws. Somebody tell me what is LOBBYING
a legalized form of corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Photos Of A DPO Who Was Injured In Rivers During Today's Election / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Buhari: Attack On NDA Can’t Dampen Morale Of Our Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.