Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time (2724 Views)

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. / If You Truly Love Her, Beat a crap out her if Mess up, Divorce Her if U hate her / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by MufasaLion: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2021
I hate parties like shit. So noisy, waste of money and time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by MufasaLion: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2021
OmejeGuy:

It's so sad really. 3 grown women lapping inside public transport on their way to party. They bought asoebi ooo

You wonder why the three of them can't sit separately, comfortably. The money to buy and sow that asoebi would have taken care of important needs, but no!

Blockheads everywhere, pathetic �

Swears! Very irresponsible people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 10:11am On Nov 27, 2021
arthurwillia:

I thought we said we don’t want to be slaves to the white and not copy their way of life? Hypocrite

You're A Fool. An empty minded African. An slowpoke. I'm not abusing you. I'm just telling you what's up. I should include a slowpoke, A Dunce. These are not abuses I'm just trying to say you lack the ability to think and reason. You're the kind of person that cannot read for themselves but want people to explain over and over and over and still you would not understand. Can you see why I called you a Fool ?
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2021
Nairaland changed what I wanted to say, I did not say slowpoke. Youre not a slowpoke, you're an imbeciile. I'm not angry at all, I'm just shocked that a retarded used " we " where do we know each other from ? You go around thinking youre smart and clever but deep down your a Chauvenist and a Sexist. Please Spare me the ," Intelligent " reply. There is nothing intelligent in you. I can see through you. Youre using a SAMSUNG Phone . That's how easily I see u.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Jesterinjay: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Finally Africans are awakening...
i tell you bro.

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Biglittlelois(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Hhmm... You may have a point but your comments are very condescending. You won't be able to communicate your thoughts by insulting the audience, you'd only end up ranting. I don't even know why you seem so upset when you can just do your wedding the way you want and let others do thiers how they want.

That said, I think most people do the whole traditional wedding stuff just to uphold thier tradition. That's why white wedding is considered optional by many but not the traditional wedding. It's not even an African thing, Asians take thier traditional weddings seriously too. I understand if you don't see the value, but it doesn't make you any superior to those that do. We all have things we consider a big deal that others don't. If one has the resources and wants to do it, I don't see any problem with that. Harmless traditions are beautiful, they give us a sense of identity.

Well said,

Your moniker though, what inspired it?

2 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2021
It's like how Fraud and 419 is now Nigerias Culture. I buy old newspapers from my Hausa old paper seller because I love reading things from the past. In the 1970, 1980, 1990 up till when Mr. Fred and his associate made 419 a means of livelihood. Nigeria always had " cunnimen" that is local tricksters. Now we are known globally for internet Fraud. Kidnapping rarely happened in the 1970, 1980 or 1990, we had Gbo Mo Gbo Mo, that is people who steal children but do not ask for ransome. kidnapping is now part of Nigerias Culture. Culture is a way a group of people in society behave it is not what people say is ," good " or " bad ". Culture is behavior. Like Lagos had the culture of throwing parties and blocking roads until Fashola Changed the culture. Imagine blocking roads meant for everyone so that a tiny group of people can party. Sadly Pentecostalism is now Part of our Culture. We have gone from being moderate Christians to noise making Christians. Society is like music it changes. When it refuse to change is when it is either right or wrong and a slave to it's own wrong and then it will collapse or decay

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by OmejeGuy: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
It's like how Fraud and 419 is now Nigerias Culture. I buy old newspapers from my Hausa old paper seller because I love reading things from the past. In the 1970, 1980, 1990 up till when Mr. Fred and his associate made 419 a means of livelihood. Nigeria always had " cunnimen" that is local tricksters. Now we are known globally for internet Fraud. Kidnapping rarely happened in the 1970, 1980 or 1990, we had Gbo Mo Gbo Mo, that is people who steal children but do not ask for ransome. kidnapping is now part of Nigerias Culture. Culture is a way a group of people in society behave it is not what people say is ," good " or " bad ". Culture is behavior. Like Lagos had the culture of throwing parties and blocking roads until Fashola Changed the culture. Imagine blocking roads meant for everyone so that a tiny group of people can party. Sadly Pentecostalism is now Part of our Culture. We have gone from being moderate Christians to noise making Christians. Society is like music it changes. When it refuse to change is when it is either right or wrong and a slave to it's own wrong and then it will collapse or decay

You're on point. You wonder the impact of graduates being shun out by our institutions annually

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
OmejeGuy:

You're on point. You wonder the impact of graduates being shun out by our institutions annually

Nigeria is a mental Joke of a country. The sooner Everyone in Nigeria sees that the Better. We love pointing fingers at the Government. Is the Government telling us To kidnap or do fraud ? The problem with Black Africans is they think change will come without individual effort. NIGERIA can become a Super Power in just 6 months. If we all vow to get rid of BAD BELLE, Player Hating, Religious Intolerance, Ethic Bias. If people start look at Wrong and Right, if we start patronizing each other's goods. If you tell Bolaji to stop printing Versace on his shoes and me l proudly wears shoes with " Bolaji " " Chuka" " Chimeze" printe on them. For NIGERIA to get out of it's mess everyone must hold hands. Not because we like or love each other but because we understand that a house divided against itself will fall. We are too emotional in black Africa. Logic and sound economic calculation can only save us. We need youth that are far different from the elders sadly today's youth are worse and the worst part is they don't know it.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

I'm Female not male. I do not go to Church and I hadly pray but I read a Bible. Someone called Jesus Christ said " Do not be like the Pharisees who make an Open show " " When you pray go into your Closet and pray " What Jesus was saying is place emphasis on the unseen and do not do things to be praised by others or noticed by others. When I talk it is not based on my own views but on research spanning close to 10,000 years. I do research on the Egyptian Empire. Greece, Rome, my knowledge spans the entire History of the Human race. Believe me I am far from opinionated. I'm a scientist of the highest order. psychologist, psychoanalist. I have said my own o. There is nothing to say again. Ask your self why Africa makes zero contribution to the world technologically. Because we do not read. We read from Social Media and do not do enough research on Google.
It was nice talking to you. I have work to do. Social Media is fun but work has to be done.
Are you Atheist or Agnostic?

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Are you Atheist or Agnostic?

Hardcore Christian. So hard core that I see no reason for prayer when God's Eyes are Upon me. I tried Aethism once it cannot work in Africa because there is no structure, like police, Courts and stuff like that.in Nigeria you need a higher power because so much wants to pull you down. I'm A Jesus Freak because what he says is Brilliant Science.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Upholding Traditions that enslave you Financially is not smart. Traditions are Created by Mere Mortals and Can be Changed by Mere Mortals. Because you do something wrong for a billion years does not make it a good thing. Thank God the Yoruba listened to Mary Sclessor and stopped their tradition of Killing Twins. If you do not questions Tradition or religion then one is a Slave. Who will do whatever he/ she is told. When w question practices it's the beginning of doing what will suit you well in the now and in the long run. And what do Asians contribute to the World ? Do they not Clone White Technology. All their so called " inventions " are Mere alterations of what Westerners have done. I am not praising the West or putting anyone down I am just saying in life people who watch how they spend money and time last longer than those who think money will always be there. The latter always go broke. You can do research on " Rappers who went broke" - they did not save and they over spent. Culture without individual thought is extremely dangerous
I'm shocked people try to hold claim to a culture that is extremely flawed.
A culture where we have now have Abrahamic morals and laws guiding them. A white Messiah. They've have been brainwashed to the fullest.
As for the technology thing, every culture has contributed it's quota, technology is not just European and American. It's even more evident in America where they have the largest allegiance of races from across the world. Technology is a serious sign of change from those willing to accept and further it. Gunpowder and paper was discovered by the chinese long before Europeans picked it up. Iron smelting, pottery, sculpture and the arts of all kind existed in Africa even before they dominated us. Who do you think built the pyramids of Giza? Europeans? Hell no.
Technology is subjective to times and era. Africa is past it's glory days, we're slowly picking ourselves up from the shambles. Greatness is in our veins. We just need to wait a lil bit longer for these seeds of brainwashed nitwits to slowly reconnect with their history.

P.s: I think it's calabar Mary slessor stopped killing of twins. Yorubas embrace twins, they even have oracles for them.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Hardcore Christian. So hard core that I see no reason for prayer when God's Eyes are Upon me. I tried Aethism once it cannot work in Africa because there is no structure, like police, Courts and stuff like that.in Nigeria you need a higher power because so much wants to pull you down. I'm A Jesus Freak because what he says is Brilliant Science.
Hehe. I can relate as well, having been born to a Christian dad and Muslim mom. I did not take sides. Did my research, became disillusioned and was an Athiest for most of my childhood, from age 7-19. I'm Agnostic now. Not in any way religious.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by racheltkh: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
weddings are not crap!

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
racheltkh:
weddings are not crap!
Elaborate gatherings with so many ill wishers around is not necessary.
Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by markdamon90: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
Not really. mp3juices cc
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Hehe. I can relate as well, having been born to a Christian dad and Muslim mom. I did not take sides. Did my research, became disillusioned and was an Athiest for most of my childhood, from age 7-19. I'm Agnostic now. Not in any way religious.

I'm not Religious at All my Love for Jesus is born out of His intelligence." The Jesus is Son of God " thing never moved me at all. I used to say to myself " maybe he was just a Guy Man , like one eyed man being King of the blind. I found truth through being in love with a man who was a sickler. Because I was so madly in love with him my mind cleared. It was like something from another dimension was communicating with me. I grew a brain and all the questions I had asked through life were being answered in my head. At that point it was either I went to become the smartest person in human history or I just embrace a person smarter than me. I decided that I had found God and I had done so through love, I knew I was just lucky and being smart u know luck runs out . What I found out was extremely close to Judaism so it made sense to get a Jewish Figure to be a mentor. Alot of people like Jim Jones and other religious lunatics truly encounter the other side but they try to play God. Man is Man we did not create or evolve the world so we are wise to be humble since we did nothing to bring ourselves to being. Oh the guy I loved was Playboy and he used and dumped me. I was grateful that I found myself and so much more thanks to my love for him. We are in touch like once in 4 years and I thank him for saving my life. Love Truly Saves. My Love for Him, Saved me.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:

That's the Truth Right there. Marriage is a SACRED THING. I feel the reason why African men traditionally had so many wives is because they never took any wife seriously. I promise you if one does registry marriage and Tiny Church or Tiny Traditional wedding it's a Sign that the two know it's them against the world. Which is the real reality of marriage. It Fosters loyalty. A large wedding says one cares too much about friends and relatives which is a sign that they have not bid the World Good bye. Show me a marriage that lasts and I will show you two people who have very little external influence.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

I'm not Religious at All my Love for Jesus is born out of His intelligence." The Jesus is Son of God " thing never moved me at all. I used to say to myself " maybe he was just a Guy Man , like one eyed man being King of the blind. I found truth through being in love with a man who was a sickler. Because I was so madly in love with him my mind cleared. It was like something from another dimension was communicating with me. I grew a brain and all the questions I had asked through life were being answered in my head. At that point it was either I went to become the smartest person in human history or I just embrace a person smarter than me. I decided that I had found God and I had done so through love, I knew I was just lucky and being smart u know luck runs out . What I found out was extremely close to Judaism so it made sense to get a Jewish Figure to be a mentor. Alot of people like Jim Jones and other religious lunatics truly encounter the other side but they try to play God. Man is Man we did not create or evolve the world so we are wise to be humble since we did nothing to bring ourselves to being. Oh the guy I loved was Playboy and he used and dumped me. I was grateful that I found myself and so much more thanks to my love for him. We are in touch like once in 4 years and I thank him for saving my life. Love Truly Saves. My Love for Him, Saved me.
Dang! I'm sorry you got dumped.
The love shi is seasonal with me. It's just illusion i guess.
The Jesus thing has never worked with me. Reading the bible more than twice hasn't helped either, rather it confirmed all my doubts about its flaws. I'm an avid reader, i love history and do a lot of research. I ain't taking that risk, it's like my generation is moving backwards me believing in abrahamic beliefs that has been twisted and only served as a brainwashing tool for early conquerors.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

That's the Truth Right there. Marriage is a SACRED THING. I feel the reason why African men traditionally had so many wives is because they never took any wife seriously. I promise you if one does registry marriage and Tiny Church or Tiny Traditional wedding it's a Sign that the two know it's them against the world. Which is the real reality of marriage. It Fosters loyalty. A large wedding says one cares too much about friends and relatives which is a sign that they have not bid the World Good bye. Show me a marriage that lasts and I will show you two people who have very little external influence.
Exactly. Look at people around us and celebs for example.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
The Truth is We All Have Very Few Friends in Life. We should not use Weddings To pretend we are Popular. Let Everyone find the courage to Stand up without a Fake Crowd. Fake life always leaves a whole in the Pocket and the Soul.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Exactly. Look at people around us and celebs for example.
Celebs one is the worse and we are joining them. Marriage is extremely easy. Get a job, save money, Find someone you love and who loves you in return. Love is a Powerful Thing. Sadly Nigerians do not believe in Love. Americans believe in Love more than anyone on Earth. Look what their Love has done for them. It's either Love or Hate. A middle ground is limbo.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
The Truth is We All Have Very Few Friends in Life. We should not use Weddings To pretend we are Popular. Let Everyone find the courage to Stand up without a Fake Crowd. Fake life always leaves a whole in the Pocket and the Soul.
Swears! How many of them can we reach out to in times of trouble. How many of them really understand us.
I'll tell my kids to bury me quietly. If i sense any Elaborate party, I'll wake from my coffin and haunt everyone lol.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Celebs one is the worse and we are joining them. Marriage is extremely easy. Get a job, save money, Find someone you love and who loves you in return. Love is a Powerful Thing. Sadly Nigerians do not believe in Love. Americans believe in Love more than anyone on Earth. Look what their Love has done for them. It's either Love or Hate. A middle ground is limbo.
Omo. The marriage thing here sef na scam. Women marry who is ready, Men marry when they have money. Chances of marrying the person you love is a very thin one.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by BigBashiru: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Upholding Traditions that enslave you Financially is not smart. Traditions are Created by Mere Mortals and Can be Changed by Mere Mortals. Because you do something wrong for a billion years does not make it a good thing. Thank God the Yoruba listened to Mary Sclessor and stopped their tradition of Killing Twins. If you do not questions Tradition or religion then one is a Slave. Who will do whatever he/ she is told. When w question practices it's the beginning of doing what will suit you well in the now and in the long run. And what do Asians contribute to the World ? Do they not Clone White Technology. All their so called " inventions " are Mere alterations of what Westerners have done. I am not praising the West or putting anyone down I am just saying in life people who watch how they spend money and time last longer than those who think money will always be there. The latter always go broke. You can do research on " Rappers who went broke" - they did not save and they over spent. Culture without individual thought is extremely dangerous

Another colonially brainwashed african. It will take generations to clear this inferiority complex. You have "white savior syndrome". The British invented Indian Residential Schools under the catholic church responsible for genocide of indeginous children in north america. in short my point is mary sclessor did not stop the killing of twins thats what you were told... its the conqueror that writes the history books. The colonial administration of Nigeria at the time said this is what must be taught and thats why it was taught to you.

Nigeria is better than all these western countries - our social culture is what keeps us happy. And there are a lot more inventors in africa and nigeria than in many western countries.

However i understand your point about excessive celebrations and i think its a valid point.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

Another colonially brainwashed african. It will take generations to clear this inferiority complex. You have "white savior syndrome". The British invented Indian Residential Schools under the catholic church responsible for genocide of indeginous children in north america. in short my point is mary sclessor did not stop the killing of twins thats what you were told... its the conqueror that writes the history books. The colonial administration of Nigeria at the time said this is what must be taught and thats why it was taught to you.

Nigeria is better than all these western countries - our social culture is what keeps us happy. And there are a lot more inventors in africa and nigeria than in many western countries.

However i understand your point about excessive celebrations and i think its a valid point.
Okay. Continue doing white and traditional weddings altogether.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by BigBashiru: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Nigeria is a mental Joke of a country. The sooner Everyone in Nigeria sees that the Better. We love pointing fingers at the Government. Is the Government telling us To kidnap or do fraud ? The problem with Black Africans is they think change will come without individual effort. NIGERIA can become a Super Power in just 6 months. If we all vow to get rid of BAD BELLE, Player Hating, Religious Intolerance, Ethic Bias. If people start look at Wrong and Right, if we start patronizing each other's goods. If you tell Bolaji to stop printing Versace on his shoes and me l proudly wears shoes with " Bolaji " " Chuka" " Chimeze" printe on them. For NIGERIA to get out of it's mess everyone must hold hands. Not because we like or love each other but because we understand that a house divided against itself will fall. We are too emotional in black Africa. Logic and sound economic calculation can only save us. We need youth that are far different from the elders sadly today's youth are worse and the worst part is they don't know it.

I like the point about wearing Chuka designer vs Versace - na inferiority complex dey do africans....
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Biglittlelois(f): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:

It is necessary to those that do it and love it, they know this and they have peace,

Why you think people's choice of wedding is you and Op's problem is what I don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by BigBashiru: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Okay. Continue doing white and traditional weddings altogether.

I will only do traditional no white wedding; if the girl wants white wedding she pays for it. grin

I also like the point about keeping things simple and not attracting crowds....
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by bepositive11: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
It's 2021 and alot of people are still doing large Weddings in a day and age where Divorce has reached Epidemic Proportions. All this Brides Maids Crap and Dancing Crap. You can get married at the Registry or do a small church Wedding on Tuesday when everyone is at work. But the African is a Coward " What will people say ! " is more important than doing the sensible thing. All africans can do is Party while their mates in America are inventing things, their mates in China are manufacturing things. These days a woman looks forward to her Wedding in Africa because Marriage to most women is their Biggest Achievement in life. So Sad. Something so basic. Anyway people still throw Birthday parties as if they have just invented Fuelless Cars and are celebrating the achievement. A Birthday is a Time to reflect on your life and not a time to celebrate. What are you celebrating ? Did you plan your Birth ? Did you dig a tunnel and come out on that day ?. I am not Jehovah's Witness but the best and most meaningful Birthday parties are with just immediate family alone. It's a bit of a Circus to invite people. Anyway Africans are a highly unserious lot of people all they do is party while their peers abroad are working hard. The black man dances and parties then wonders why he is poor and his economy is in pieces.

African culture is beautiful. Nigerian culture is beautiful. What's wrong with having a big and wonderful wedding celebration if you can afford it? And still have investments on the side?

3 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

I will only do traditional no white wedding; if the girl wants white wedding she pays for it. grin

I also like the point about keeping things simple and not attracting crowds....
Omo, Bro, traditional sef don do me.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by BigBashiru: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

I'm Female not male. I do not go to Church and I hadly pray but I read a Bible. Someone called Jesus Christ said " Do not be like the Pharisees who make an Open show " " When you pray go into your Closet and pray " What Jesus was saying is place emphasis on the unseen and do not do things to be praised by others or noticed by others. When I talk it is not based on my own views but on research spanning close to 10,000 years. I do research on the Egyptian Empire. Greece, Rome, my knowledge spans the entire History of the Human race. Believe me I am far from opinionated. I'm a scientist of the highest order. psychologist, psychoanalist. I have said my own o. There is nothing to say again. Ask your self why Africa makes zero contribution to the world technologically. Because we do not read. We read from Social Media and do not do enough research on Google.
It was nice talking to you. I have work to do. Social Media is fun but work has to be done.

Africa makes contributions to the world technologically. I was once colonially brainwashed white worshipper like you until I came to understand that Africans hv plenty inventions contributions etc

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Love Or Foolishness (pics) / My Girlfriend Has Never Asked Me For Money / When I Thought I Can Finally Settle Down, Another One Shows Up !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.