Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time (2726 Views)

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. / If You Truly Love Her, Beat a crap out her if Mess up, Divorce Her if U hate her / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by BigBashiru: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
bepositive11:

African culture is beautiful. Nigerian culture is beautiful. What's wrong with having a big and wonderful wedding celebration if you can afford it? And still have investments on the side?

It's the colonial brainwashing caused by western media.

African culture is much much better than European culture.

The only area where African culture is lacking is African establishments are too unserious and too lax.

2 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Negroid001:
Culture wey we don throway
Who are the we? undecided

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Favfables1:

Who are the we? undecided
Them na. Our abrahamic people
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Ugh... I thought I was having a decent discussion.

Ok. Bye.

My dear...
That his last response just off me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Negroid001(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Favfables1:

My dear...
That his last response just off me...
Facts hurt, innit?
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Musrataman(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Not because they enjoy it but they grow up with little intelligence in a traditional backward environment. It's like walking to ibadan from Lagos and thinking you enjoy it. Look at how much Time you will waste if you walk to ibadan and back.when you can enter public transport and get to ibadan with N5,000 to and fro. Have you noticed no billionaire wears designer clothes in America ? Who is Giorgio Armani to Bill Gates ? Billionaires only care about business abroad but in Nigeria our Billionaires still have African Slave Mentality and will aquire and aquire because they cannot create they buy. When you create like Americans you stop buying. You will not understand you are a Nigerian. These mental gymnastics are beyond most African minds. Please kindly forgive me, I am not insulting you I'm just trying to tell you cannot understand now because you have not spent enough time thinking about it.

You're a wise person can I have your contact
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by bepositive11: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

It's the colonial brainwashing caused by western media.

African culture is much much better than European culture.

The only area where African culture is lacking is African establishments are too unserious and too lax.

Still, Africans do weddings the African way. Western weddings are nothing compared to African weddings. There's a huge difference
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by WoundedLamb: 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

I'm Female not male. I do not go to Church and I hadly pray but I read a Bible. Someone called Jesus Christ said " Do not be like the Pharisees who make an Open show " " When you pray go into your Closet and pray " What Jesus was saying is place emphasis on the unseen and do not do things to be praised by others or noticed by others. When I talk it is not based on my own views but on research spanning close to 10,000 years. I do research on the Egyptian Empire. Greece, Rome, my knowledge spans the entire History of the Human race. Believe me I am far from opinionated. I'm a scientist of the highest order. psychologist, psychoanalist. I have said my own o. There is nothing to say again. Ask your self why Africa makes zero contribution to the world technologically. Because we do not read. We read from Social Media and do not do enough research on Google.
It was nice talking to you. I have work to do. Social Media is fun but work has to be done.

You now think it's unbiblical? Well, that's another dead end. The Bible you quoted promoted traditional marriage ceremonies. Jesus attended one and even supplied them with fresh wine. Your quote was against showing off/hypocrisy and has nothing to do with celebration. The Bible has nothing against wedding celebration. And even if that wasn't the case, everybody can't be a Christian. I'd like to believe that it's only the Boko-haram guys that would force thier views on others. There are many reasons Africa is lagging behind, this isn't one of them. China that produces almost all the finished goods around us still takes wedding ceremonies seriously. You are a psychologist, a psychoanalyst, etc, one would think you'd be an advocate of respecting people's choices.

You know what, I actually think you just threw in this last argument cause you're grasping at straws. It's already hard telling if you are against marriage ceremony cause of the finance or the fact that marriages don't last these days or because it's unbiblical. But whichever be the case, it still doesn't hold water. Like I mentioned earlier, if one doesn't have the money for ceremonies, they shouldn't rob the bank for it. If you don't consider it necessary, that's also valid. But you're not in any way superior or smarter than those who do as suggested by your argument. There is nothing wrong with marriage ceremonies, individual preferences just differ. The problem is one thinking that his own preferences make him superior.

I'm sorry for assuming you were a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You now think it's unbiblical? Well, that's another dead end. The Bible you quoted promoted traditional marriage ceremonies. Jesus attended one and even supplied them with fresh wine. Your quote was against showing off/hypocrisy and has nothing to do with celebration. The Bible has nothing against wedding celebration. And even if that wasn't the case, everybody can't be a Christian. I'd like to believe that it's only the Boko-haram guys that would force thier views on others. There are many reasons Africa is lagging behind, this isn't one of them. China that produces almost all the finished goods around us still takes wedding ceremonies seriously. You are a psychologist, a psychoanalyst, etc, one would think you'd be an advocate of respecting people's choices.

You know what, I actually think you just threw in this last argument cause you're grasping at straws. It's already hard telling if you are against marriage ceremony cause of the finance or the fact that marriages don't last these days or because it's unbiblical. But whichever be the case, it still doesn't hold water. Like I mentioned earlier, if one doesn't have the money for ceremonies, they shouldn't rob the bank for it. If you don't consider it necessary, that's also valid. But you're not in any way superior or smarter than those who do as suggested by your argument. There is nothing wrong with marriage ceremonies, individual preferences just differ. The problem is one thinking that his own preferences make him superior.

I'm sorry for assuming you were a man.
Jesus Mr. Savior if The World said " if your Right hand causes you to Sin Cut it off ". Jesus said " preach to every Creature" when last did you try to convert a Mosquito ? Jesus died on a Cross why don't you travel to Jerusalem and be Crucified. Jesus walked in water, when next you are on IBB Bridge there is a part that is so close to the water near Unilag, you can hop into the water and trek to Unilag untop of the water. Jesus fasted for 40 days without food do the same thing. Jesus Touched people who had leprosy look for people who have leprosy. Jesus had 12 disciples, go and have disciples.

If you claim you respect people's choices you would have left me alone. I have a right to talk about Weddings. You have No right to come close to me and tell me what to say. I said what I said in my zone , you have come to my zone. Off course u dont expect you to understand. Youre trying to change me. Im not trying to change you I'm just talking aloud. You come for my and you say you respect people's views. Have you respected my view ? That's the problem of Christians always poking their noses
into other modes of thinking. . I would not have wasted time talk in to you but since there are many like you this us for them. If I had said everyone should by a TECNO Phone no one would take me seriously but since the love to party they hurry to silence those who have Zero use for parties. If you were wise as you claim you would just read the whole thing, laugh and move on
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
[quote author=LiberatedGirl post=108010843]
Jesus Mr. Savior if The World said " if your Right hand causes you to Sin Cut it off ". Jesus said " preach to every Creature" when last did you try to convert a Mosquito ? Jesus died on a Cross why don't you travel to Jerusalem and be Crucified. Jesus walked in water, when next you are on IBB Bridge there is a part that is so close to the water near Unilag, you can hop into the water and trek to Unilag untop of the water. Jesus fasted for 40 days without food do the same thing. Jesus Touched people who had leprosy look for people who have leprosy. Jesus had 12 disciples, go and have disciples.

If you claim you respect people's choices you would have left me alone. I have a right to talk about Weddings. You have No right to come close to me and tell me what to say. I said what I said in my zone , you have come to my zone. Off course u dont expect you to understand. Youre trying to change me. Im not trying to change you I'm just talking aloud. You come for my and you say you respect people's views. Have you respected my view ? That's the problem of Christians always poking their noses
into other modes of thinking. . I would not have wasted time talk in to you but since there are many like you this us for them. If I had said everyone should by a TECNO Phone no one would take me seriously but since the love to party they hurry to silence those who have Zero use for parties. If you were wise as you claim you would just read the whole thing, laugh and move on
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
[quote author=LiberatedGirl post=108010884][/quote]

Finding intelligent people is so hard.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
All this Little Children who Quote Bible without understanding , it's typical Nigerian behavior " CRAM " never understand.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nairaland should do IQ test so the Smart and the Dumb never interact. A dumb person sees a smart argument and learns. As Solomon will say " Fools cannot learn"
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
That's why I don't go to Church, I'm trying to avoid Religious Neanderthals.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Churches are like Weddings, a group of people too weak to stand individually. We that can stand because we know Jesus for who he is avoid those who claim to know Him , they just read about him without ever really knowing Him
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
If This Youth are the Future of Nigeria Nigeria Has No Future. Egg heads. More like Headless Chickens.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by Crystalom3(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
AoifeNightfall:
People will live life the way they want and how it pleases them. After all no one is forcing them to throw those parties. They are doing it because they enjoy it.
please keep telling the truth brother.

People will do what makes them happy. Why lump everybody together and call their once in a lifetime experience a crap.

Too much gays on nairaland trying to destroy the family system in Nigeria.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Why is Nigeria in Debt ? Ans : Spending Without Saving. Why do People Go in Debt ? To much Spending and Little Saving. One would have thought people would be happy because I'm trying to say Change Your Spending Ways and be Debt Free. ? Nigerians always miss the point, They Could not see FELA , they could not See GANI FAWEHINMI. Off course they cannot see me. They only see Jesus because He is Popular if they know Jesus they would have listened to FELA and Gani, but these are Nigerians who cannot reason beyond their religious Books. How truelly sad. Did Solomon not screw all the women in sight ? And yet he wrote a portion of the Bible. Did David not kill a man to take his wife ! And yet he wrote a part of the Bible. Nigeria had FELA and they would not listen to him because he was not a Christian. He was a Nigerian Prophet, Gani FAWEHINMI also, Ojukwu was a Prophet also. Ojukwu had seen Nigeria for what it was long before everyone else. A Genius. Sanusi is the Best Thing to ever happen to the North of Nigeria but a prophet is without honour in his hometown.
Nigeria is a sad place to live in. As FELA will say BIG BLIND COUNTRY.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by arthurwillia(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

You're A Fool. An empty minded African. An slowpoke. I'm not abusing you. I'm just telling you what's up. I should include a slowpoke, A Dunce. These are not abuses I'm just trying to say you lack the ability to think and reason. You're the kind of person that cannot read for themselves but want people to explain over and over and over and still you would not understand. Can you see why I called you a Fool ?

Yes I see lol and by the way chop small blocking from the mod, you will know how to talk next time..
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2021
arthurwillia:

Yes I see lol and by the way chop small blocking from the mod, you will know how to talk next time..

Na wa O.... This country is Finished. You called me a Hypocrite and I called you a Dunce in return. But of course you have forgotten you called me a Hypocrite. That's the problem of not being real you quickly forget things.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
If you think I'm a Hypocrite then I think your a Dunce. You think yours first I think mine after. Do you understand ? Are we clear ?
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
arthurwillia:

I thought we said we don’t want to be slaves to the white and not copy their way of life? Hypocrite

Is this not you ? I dey my lane Jeje you come call me Hypocrite I come call you Dunce. I'm not angry you called me a Hypocrite ,that's what you think of me, I also told you what I thought of you.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by arthurwillia(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Is this not you ? I dey my lane Jeje you come call me Hypocrite I come call you Dunce. I'm not angry you called me a Hypocrite ,that's what you think of me, I also told you what I thought of you.

No get wetin to tell you
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
Femi Kutu is like his Father a Genius. Femi has warned Nigeria we are heading for financial slavery. We owe so much because the people and the Government Spend and Spend on Frivolities. People Can Never understand. Ignorance is Bliss
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
bepositive11:

Still, Africans do weddings the African way. Western weddings are nothing compared to African weddings. There's a huge difference

Just like how you cannot compare their economy to ours.
One American is the Equivalent of 500 Nigerians. That's the Hidden Message behind the Exchange Rate. One American man equals 500 hundred Nigerian men. Are you not ashamed ?
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
People Wake Up. The Nigerian Economy is in Shreds, there are no White Collar Jobs anywhere. The Price of Gas has Gone up. Is this the Time to Party ? Is this not the time to role sleeves up and hustle harder, save money invest in your own business. Think of business morning, noon and night. The Naira is slipping. Cut your expenses so that you can go the full length of your journey in Life. Do not go into Debt do not encourage any one to go into Debt. Save that Wedding Money by doing very small wedding like I said from the very beginning. for your future Life. Learn to live below your means. Save And Save and Save.
Do what you like , Na you get your life When you fail please remember " I told you so ".
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by ProfAmaben(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
It's 2021 and alot of people are still doing large Weddings in a day and age where Divorce has reached Epidemic Proportions. All this Brides Maids Crap and Dancing Crap. You can get married at the Registry or do a small church Wedding on Tuesday when everyone is at work. But the African is a Coward " What will people say ! " is more important than doing the sensible thing. All africans can do is Party while their mates in America are inventing things, their mates in China are manufacturing things. These days a woman looks forward to her Wedding in Africa because Marriage to most women is their Biggest Achievement in life. So Sad. Something so basic. Anyway people still throw Birthday parties as if they have just invented Fuelless Cars and are celebrating the achievement. A Birthday is a Time to reflect on your life and not a time to celebrate. What are you celebrating ? Did you plan your Birth ? Did you dig a tunnel and come out on that day ?. I am not Jehovah's Witness but the best and most meaningful Birthday parties are with just immediate family alone. It's a bit of a Circus to invite people. Anyway Africans are a highly unserious lot of people all they do is party while their peers abroad are working hard. The black man dances and parties then wonders why he is poor and his economy is in pieces.

You are one of the few sensible people on this forum. Well done.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by WoundedLamb: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Nothing you just typed makes wedding ceremonies bad. You are just eager to go off into a miscellaneous chit-chat with neither tail nor head. It would seem you've exhausted your points.

Live and let live.

Ciao !

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by sageb: 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
It's 2021 and alot of people are still doing large Weddings in a day and age where Divorce has reached Epidemic Proportions. All this Brides Maids Crap and Dancing Crap. You can get married at the Registry or do a small church Wedding on Tuesday when everyone is at work. But the African is a Coward " What will people say ! " is more important than doing the sensible thing. All africans can do is Party while their mates in America are inventing things, their mates in China are manufacturing things. These days a woman looks forward to her Wedding in Africa because Marriage to most women is their Biggest Achievement in life. So Sad. Something so basic. Anyway people still throw Birthday parties as if they have just invented Fuelless Cars and are celebrating the achievement. A Birthday is a Time to reflect on your life and not a time to celebrate. What are you celebrating ? Did you plan your Birth ? Did you dig a tunnel and come out on that day ?. I am not Jehovah's Witness but the best and most meaningful Birthday parties are with just immediate family alone. It's a bit of a Circus to invite people. Anyway Africans are a highly unserious lot of people all they do is party while their peers abroad are working hard. The black man dances and parties then wonders why he is poor and his economy is in pieces.

Lucidly said

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by WoundedLamb: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
Crystalom3:
please keep telling the truth brother.

People will do what makes them happy. Why lump everybody together and call their once in a lifetime experience a crap.

Too much gays on nairaland trying to destroy the family system in Nigeria.

Hhmmm... I agree the OP has zero point and none existent communication skills, but I failed to see how that's the fault of gay people. It's almost as if you're stealing the opportunity to drag others who aren't like you (the same thing the OP is doing). OP hasn't identified as gay and even if she has, she's just an individual with her opinion. You just advocated for people to do what makes them happy, and yet you couldn't wait to call out gay people. How many of your gay friends have told you they don't like wedding ceremonies? I guess none cause you don't have a gay friend seeing as they're beneath your standard. But somehow, you know all about their agenda to destroy the family system.

You think the nature of wedding (traditional, court, white, etc.) has any real impact on the family system that someone who really wants to destroy the family system would be bothered by the kind of wedding people do? In your own words, people will do what makes them happy, even more so when they don't really have other choices. Live and let live.

Dropping this here: smiley

etrange:

The sad thing is that when you preach true equality/justice to Nigerians, each group would start giving reasons why the other group doesn't deserve it. The herd mentality in the country is our greatest undoing. Men don't want to be equal with women, officers don't want to be equal with civilians, politicians don't want to be equal with other citizens, straight people don't want to be equal with gay people, religion A doesn't want to be equal with B, tribe C thinks they're better than D, the rich don't want the same justice system as the poor, etc. Nobody really wants to work towards a fair society. We only cry out when our own herd is antagonized.

3 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
sageb:

Lucidly said

It's the Closet Sexists like Wounded Kitten that cannot grab anything. No matter how many times it is said they simply cannot grasp issues. Wounded Kitten and his type love to be the only intelligent people around and will go to great lengths to prove it. Even if They are wrong. Wounded Kitten will rather be wrong and champion wrongness they hate people being smarter than they are. Did the Jews not Kill Christ ?They hated the fact a no body had beaten them at their game. What I said from the start was so simple. Why is Wounded Kitten jumping up and down in MY THREAD . I will not disturb myself and go to his Thread he has nothing sensible or interesting to say so why read his Posts ?But the fact that he has posted here so Many times means " he is attracted and drawn to my thread ". Then he says I have no communication skills in MY THREAD . IN MY HOUSE. The Mannerless are calling The Mannered Mannerless. I dey in my Thread in my lane and am collecting insult ? Why is Wounded Kitten SO DRAWN TO MY THREAD ? I'm like a Magnet He cannot keep away. It's so sad people cannot see their behavior points them out more than their words.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by LiberatedGirl: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Thank God Mary Slessor did not Jam Woundedlamb he would have told her " Killing of twins is a private matter among Yoruba let them do what they want to do ". It's people like Woundedlamb and his cohorts that make Black Africa Backwards. People like Woundedlamb are stuck in " Traditions" and cannot move to the next level of the Evolutionary Curve. If you tell Woundedlamb that people should wash their hands after using public toilets he will say " Washing Hands after using Public toilets is a Matter of Choice, don't bother telling people, let them do what they want." People like Woundedlamb are the type of peeps who don't really care about people all they care about is themselves. Thank God such people have not yet gotten into power. They will hoard everything for themselves and family and say " look it doesn't really matter if people do not have electricity, are they complaining ? ". People like Woundedlamb are the sort of people if they were Minister of Health will say " it doesn't Matter that people smoke cigarettes there is no reason to enlighten them on smoking it is a choice". And you thought Nigeria had bad leaders. Thanks to people like Woundedlamb the future is going to be worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When A Girl Is Always Telling You About Her Boyfriend What Does She Want? / Regretting I Left The Love Of My Life Because I Thought I Could Do Better... / Reno Omokri's Advice To All Single Men (funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.