Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time (2729 Views)

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. / If You Truly Love Her, Beat a crap out her if Mess up, Divorce Her if U hate her / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by WoundedLamb: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
Thank God Mary Slessor did not Jam Woundedlamb he would have told her " Killing of twins is a private matter among Yoruba let them do what they want to do ". It's people like Woundedlamb and his cohorts that make Black Africa Backwards. People like Woundedlamb are stuck in " Traditions" and cannot move to the next level of the Evolutionary Curve. If you tell Woundedlamb that people should wash their hands after using public toilets he will say " Washing Hands after using Public toilets is a Matter of Choice, don't bother telling people, let them do what they want." People like Woundedlamb are the type of peeps who don't really care about people all they care about is themselves. Thank God such people have not yet gotten into power. They will hoard everything for themselves and family and say " look it doesn't really matter if people do not have electricity, are they complaining ? ". People like Woundedlamb are the sort of people if they were Minister of Health will say " it doesn't Matter that people smoke cigarettes there is no reason to enlighten them on smoking it is a choice". And you thought Nigeria had bad leaders. Thanks to people like Woundedlamb the future is going to be worse.

smiley You need a hug.

I didn't mean to upset you so much. I just don't agree that there's anything wrong with traditional marriage or marriage ceremonies in general. It's mind blowing someone would even suggest it. It would have been different if you were decrying the act of borrowing-to-impress. But suggesting that marriage ceremonies should be scrapped is overreaching.

I don't live in Africa. I wasn't born in Africa and I've only visited the continent a countable number of times. While I've seen a lot on TV, I've actually only been to one traditional marriage ceremony in my adult life and it was great! These things are beautiful, joyous and memorable for the couple. I don't think you're in any position to tell people not to do what makes them happy. It's fine if you don't want it for yourself, you don't need social media validation.

Meanwhile, you know you can always call my attention without all the mentions, right?

2 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by sageb: 5:34am On Nov 28, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

It's the Closet Sexists like Wounded Kitten that cannot grab anything. No matter how many times it is said they simply cannot grasp issues. Wounded Kitten and his type love to be the only intelligent people around and will go to great lengths to prove it. Even if They are wrong. Wounded Kitten will rather be wrong and champion wrongness they hate people being smarter than they are. Did the Jews not Kill Christ ?They hated the fact a no body had beaten them at their game. What I said from the start was so simple. Why is Wounded Kitten jumping up and down in MY THREAD . I will not disturb myself and go to his Thread he has nothing sensible or interesting to say so why read his Posts ?But the fact that he has posted here so Many times means " he is attracted and drawn to my thread ". Then he says I have no communication skills in MY THREAD . IN MY HOUSE. The Mannerless are calling The Mannered Mannerless. I dey in my Thread in my lane and am collecting insult ? Why is Wounded Kitten SO DRAWN TO MY THREAD ? I'm like a Magnet He cannot keep away. It's so sad people cannot see their behavior points them out more than their words.

He is obsessed about you
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by mrgbenga1: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Show me a marriage that lasts and I will show you two people who have very little external influence.

Too much external influences at times is bad. It can affect one negatively.
Re: Weddings Are Crap. A Waste Of Time by bepositive11: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Just like how you cannot compare their economy to ours.
One American is the Equivalent of 500 Nigerians. That's the Hidden Message behind the Exchange Rate. One American man equals 500 hundred Nigerian men. Are you not ashamed ?

How did you even come to that conclusion? Please stop with that toxic mentality

Some Nigerians are even better than some Americans

What makes an American special? Their skin colour? Their attitude?

You can't compare people like that. Some Nigerians are even wealthier than some Americans

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Go Ahead And Date Her Despite Wide Age-range? / Pls what is the best style On Bed? I wanna f..k / Heidi Klum & Seal On Oprah - An Amazing Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.