Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) (36762 Views)

Wike: Vote my Candidate as President, save my Political career / Mr Ibu, Harry B Anyanwu Endorse Tinubu For 2023 Presidency (Photos, Video) / Zainab, Buba Galadima Daughter Works For The Presidency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by benjackugo: 6:15am On Nov 28, 2021
Popular Nigerian comic actor, Mr Ibu has reacted to backlashes from Nigerians over the video he made with his colleagues endorsing Bola Ahmed Tinubu for 2023 presidency, IgbereTV reports.

Recently, a number of Nigerian movie stars set tongues rolling in the online community after attending a meeting believed to be in line with supporting Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2023 general elections.

As seen in videos shared on Instagram, the movie stars in attendance include comic actor John Okafor aka Mr Ibu, rap sensation Harry Anyanwu and actress Foluke Daramola-Salako.

One video captured the moment Mr Ibu addressed his colleagues with Anyanwu also entertaining them with his rap skills. Before he took his seat, Anyanwu noted that one day Asiwaju will rule Nigeria to which his colleagues echoed a loud amen.

Reacting to the online criticisms he has been receiving after the video went viral, Mr. Ibu stated that Tinubu's campaign team only invited him as an actor and he had to play a neutral role because he is an entertainer. He stated that the visit with his fellow entertainers has nothing to do with his personal beliefs or conviction. He stated that the candidate of his choice is Atiku Abubakar who had really assisted him in the past.

Hear him speak in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4LZPKY2RQ

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWylPx1vNrb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Below is the earlier video of the visit to Tinubu's Campaign Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pURQvt8CvAo

https://igberetvnews.com/1407208/actor-mr-ibu-tinubu-candidate-2023-presidency-photos-video/

See earlier thread here https://www.nairaland.com/6868916/mr-ibu-harry-b-anyanwu#107983011

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2021
He was bullied by ipob I guess. UGM might even have him on their hit list now. Guy man had to safe his own neck.

But why is it that people blackmail, threaten and harm others just because they have different views to life? It is funny really.

I read a news here where a buhari supporting lawyer was killed like a fowl in broad daylight and nothing happened. They all moved on as if nothing happened as if the guy deserves extra judicial killing.

The comments I read here that day from these Igbos made my stomach sick. They supported the murder of their own cos he had a different view in politics.

137 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Drakkernoir: 6:30am On Nov 28, 2021
Medicine after death......

Mumu Man....

Own your shit

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by vanbonattel: 6:32am On Nov 28, 2021
Igbo people can never support evil. grin

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bcomputer101: 6:32am On Nov 28, 2021
IPOB terrorist must have threatened him.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by contigiency(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2021
I have always said it that those who claim to be civilized, exposed and educated are actually the opposite of what they claim they are. Otherwise, what is wrong in Mr Ibu having a personal view or choice? Why going after him? When has it become a crime for one to freely associate? And tommorow these same people who are after him will still come up with noise how the Fulanis are backward in their thinking.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 6:45am On Nov 28, 2021
Drakkernoir:
Medicine after death......

Mumu Man....

Own your shit
Are you part of those who threatened him and his family? You are uncivilised.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 6:47am On Nov 28, 2021
contigiency:
I have always said it that those who claim to be civilized, exposed and educated are actually the opposite of what they claim they are. Otherwise, what is wrong in Mr Ibu having a personal view or choice? Why going after him? When has it become a crime for one to freely associate? And tommorow these same people who are after him will still come up with noise how the Fulanis are backward in their thinking.
You are 100% correct. Anyone of them that can't see with hate is a saboteur and
deserves to be maim or killed. Bunch of backward people.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 6:50am On Nov 28, 2021
vanbonattel:
What is your definition of evil? So no one have rights to support whatever views they have. You must threaten everyone for PDP.

Wack mentality.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 28, 2021
H

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Drakkernoir: 6:54am On Nov 28, 2021
bobowaja:

Are you part of those who threatened him and his family? You are uncivilised.

Ode

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2021
Drakkernoir:

Ode
To those who raised you to be useless.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by BlackfireX: 6:58am On Nov 28, 2021
He gets the memo

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2021
Na wa so some people still want a Muslim to rule us for another 8years.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Anago55: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2021
bobowaja:

What is your definition of evil? So no one have rights to support whatever views they have. You must threaten everyone for PDP.

Wack mentality.
. Have you ever supported an Igbo man in any elective position?

Are you not part of the Yoruba group here who go about telling people that there is no electable candidate from the east

You rip what you sow

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:02am On Nov 28, 2021
He stated that the candidate of his choice is Atiku Abubakar who had really assisted him in the past.

Oshey !

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 7:06am On Nov 28, 2021
Anago55:
. Have you ever supported an Igbo man in any elective position?

Are you not part of the Yoruba group here who go about telling people that there is no electable candidate from the east

You rip what you sow
Lol, so all Igbo men should support Igbo grin
You see why you guys can't play national politics? This clannish mentality is useless in the national arena. Igbo votes alone is not enough to elect Nigerian president.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2021
vanbonattel:

One thing is for sure. You Igbos have absolutely nothing to contribute to the peace, progress and development of Nigeria.

Everything from you these days is about hate, intolerance, ethnic bigotry, bullying, enmity, toxicity, terrorising of dissenting opinion etal.

The truth is that in todays Nigeria of tribalism, insecurity, terrorism, unproductive corruption, infrastructural stagnation (especially in SE Nigeria) and administrative public incompetence (also SE Nigeria), Tinubu stands head and shoulder above others as a force for what is good and positive about Nigerian politics.

The fact only Igbos like you will say otherwise just shows what you people are, why you are beyond redemption and why sensible Nigerians should forget any attempt to include you in the effort to build a better nation.

You lot are simply incapable of adding anything positive to Nigeria when you cannot even let your kinsmen have their own free mind, choices and opinions.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Myer(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2021
contigiency:

I feel you bro.
I stopped supporting a lot of online movement when I realized most of them are hypocrites.

You want people to hear your opinion but you don't want to hear the opinion of others

What's wrong in Mr Ibu celebrating Tinubu?
Do you know how he might have supported him and his career?

While I'm not necessarily a fan of Tinubu cos I believe Lagos should be far more developed than it is under him. Lagos by now should have good roads everywhere, good housing, electricity and ease of business considering the fact that it's the commerce hub of Africa and supposed to be the centre of excellence, I don't see reason to attack anyone who associates with him.

They did not create a jingle or advert or trend campaigning for Tinubu's presidency. They simply honoured his invitation to celebrate him.
So vilifying and attacking a person simply for visiting an occasion organised by Tinubu makes you no less than a terrorist.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by walefresh3(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2021
Shetemi12:
I just see why the East is the most useless part of Nigeria. 5% people. I can't stop laughing
and we hold thier destiny for Lagos here... 2023 go determine alot of thing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Anago55: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2021
bobowaja:

Lol, so all Igbo men should support Igbo grin
You see why you guys can't play national politics? This clannish mentality is useless in the national arena. Igbo votes alone is not enough to elect Nigerian president.
. Likewise Yoruba votes alone cannot make a president in the Nigerian space

You vote for others and others vote for you. The igbos have voted for yorubas on many occasions,2023 is the best time to settle scores with that

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by vanbonattel: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2021
Dsalvo:

One thing is for sure. You Igbos have absolutely nothing to contribute to the peace, progress and development of Nigeria.

Everything from you these days is about hate, intolerance, ethnic bigotry, bullying, enmity, toxicity, terrorising of dissenting opinion etal.

The truth is that in todays Nigeria of tribalism, insecurity, terrorism, unproductive corruption, infrastructural stagnation (especially in SE Nigeria) and administrative public incompetence (also SE Nigeria), Tinubu stands head and shoulder above others as a force for what is good and positive about Nigerian politics.

The fact only Igbos like you will say otherwise just shows what you people are, why you are beyond redemption and why sensible Nigerians should forget any attemot to include you in the effort to build a better nation.

You lot are simply incapable of adding anything positive to Nigeria when you cannot even let your kinsmen have their own free mind, choices and opinions.

Can you please write in English? I can't read fulfulde .

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by BigSarah(f): 7:19am On Nov 28, 2021
If Tinubu or the SW can pull this off, All other regions in the South should Forget about Presidency or Vice presidency for at least 30years...
Because the SW is erecting it's own Oligarchy will they succeed and become the King in The south?
I'd like to find out

Ibu has given his reasons as an individual it doesn't concern his tribe, Ibu was contacted not his tribe, All these are silly statements..
Is Ibu the only one from SE that is linked to Tinubu?
Why assume that He was threatened because he clarified things

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Anago55:
. Likewise Yoruba votes alone cannot make a president in the Nigerian space

You vote for others and others vote for you. The igbos have voted for yorubas on many occasions,2023 is the best time to settle scores with that
I am sure you know Tinubu banks on northern votes just as much he does western votes. He is setting his own stage while you keep pulling down your kinsmen that might benefit from the new train. Later Una go shout marginalisation.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by BigSarah(f): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Dsalvo:

The fact only Igbos like you will say otherwise just shows what you people are, why you are beyond redemption and why sensible Nigerians should forget any attemot to include you in the effort to build a better nation.

Calm down, everyone is licensed to their preferences...
Everything you accused the SE of right now all regions are guilty of it..
Infact I can say all other regions are more guilty, the inability to add anything positive to Nigeria.
All Other regions have enjoyed longer time and Opportunity to influence positivity in Nigeria..
IF blames and accusations will be passed the SE deserves the least

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by YorubaNiBaba(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2021
You support or you don't, just know that you get just only one vote and even the region where this ap looking man come from is an inconsequential 5% that is politically useless according to President Buhari
Beerfraud pigs also are feeling funky as if they are important and they can determine anything here in this country, we all shall see come 2023

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by bobowaja(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2021
Dsalvo:

Exactly. That is how simplistically tribalistic, clannish and viscerally hateful Igbos are. They have nothing positive to add to the development of the political administration of Nigeria.

Their simple and hateful mindset, per political elections, is that Igbo must vote Igbo or the choice of Igbo. Every other choice is outlawed, haram or "evil".
I am a Yoruba guy. I have several guys supporting atiku on my WhatsApp group. Some are even talking of eastern presidency. I just imagine such group to be an Igbo one. Everyone with divergent views would have been threatened to submission.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by Alusiizizi(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Reacting to the online criticisms he has been receiving after the video went viral, Mr. Ibu stated that Tinubu's campaign team only invited him as an actor and he had to play a neutral role because he is an entertainer.

Reasonable enough explanation.
Re: Mr. Ibu: 'Tinubu Is Not My Candidate For 2023 Presidency' (Photos, Video) by BigSarah(f): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2021
YorubaNiBaba:
You support or you don't, just know that you get just only one vote and even the region where this ap looking man come from is an inconsequential 5% that is politically useless according to President Buhari
Beerfraud pigs also are feeling funky as if they are important and they can determine anything here in this country, we all shall see come 2023

The only consequential region politically is the entire north.
The SE,SW are inconsequential politically
OBJ became president without the SW votes
Buhari became President without the SE votes.

Only one of those two regions In strong alliance with the north can produce the president ...
Without the north, southerners are inconsequential politically
That's a fact everyone must note and accept

24 Likes 3 Shares

Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? / Speakership: Dogara Backs Down From Race / Abubakar Rabiu Hosts Ram Party To Celebrate Buhari’s Return From UK

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51