Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,539 members, 7,850,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) (59736 Views)

I Am Happy To Be A Bus Driver In London-rachael Ayegba, Ex-super Falcons Goalie / Wike Buys A Bus For Rivers Angels (Photo) / Josef Sural Dies In A Bus Accident While Returning From A Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2021
Is the job legal?

Is the Job hurting anyone?

Is it pensionable?

Does the job give time off for one's self and family?

Please go for a UK Bus driving job by all means.

It's not like Nigeria 's bus drivers job experience.

Kudos to her and other fellow legal workers.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2021
morinto:

Yeah in the UK people respect drivers and never look down on people profession and secondly car is not a big deal in the UK unlike Nigeria. She as bus driver can afford car that a bank manager can't afford in Nigeria.

So which movie did you watch this from??

So a bus driver in the uk can afford a toyota camry 2019 model??

Fyi, most bank managers in Nigeria can afford that car in a year.

If bus drivers are respected in the Uk, then there won't be instances of kids shouting, been abusive or spitting on bus drivers.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
By the time a bus driver finishes paying her bills in London, she will be praying to God to be able to relocate to Nigeria on half of a professor's salary in Nigeria.

/

Ignorant people everywhere writing what they know nothing about. The UK system is so organized that except you go beyond your means, you will always have enough to save after expenses.

An average salary in UK is £1500 and with about £1k you will live a life many Nigerians dream of.

£400 for accommodation which includes Electricity bill 24/7 supply...high speed 5G uninterrupted access to the internet with full video streaming 24/7....Gas bill...water and council tax even if you have to share some amenities

£300 for feeding and i mean feeding like a prince.

£180 for transportation if you go out often.

£120 for miscellaneous.

You will still be left with £500 savings which is about 400k in naira.

If you now have a spouse and you want to live in a bigger apartment you can do that and because they usually share bills in UK you will still be left with good savings each month except you do pass yourself and of course many people earn more than £1500 after tax.

You lot should stop writing nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Golan007: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

Do you know how much Bus drivers make in U.K? They make about £33,000 (About N25M) per annum.

She is living a great life.

33k isn't great in UK.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by niggadee(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2021
Curious345:
Medical consultants earn 300k-400k monthly in 9ja.

Professors earn 400k-500k monthly in 9ja.

Bus driver earn £3,000 (2.8m) monthly in London..

If you don't chose driving a bus above this mess we call a country then you must be high on Mkpurummiri
out of that £3,000 she’s going to pay Ni&tax contribution,water and electric bills, council tax, car insurance and road tax,tv licence, phone bill, mortgage fees or rent fees, household food, fuel expenses guess much will be remaining ?
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If bus drivers are respected in the Uk, then there won't be instances of kids shouting, been abusive or spitting on bus drivers.

Toyota Camry 2019 is too low. They can easily afford 2022 model and guess what, they don't have to pay at once which is a very good thing unlike the suffer head we do in naija which is why corruption is on the rise.

With as little as £100 a month you can get a brand new tear rubber(Not fairly used) car of any brand you want.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by GreatrAnalyst: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So a bus driver means you have better money management.

Is that most of you are under achievers that you spend all your life time dreaming to become a bus driver in the Uk

Is bus driving a career path, don't you know that it is a job which people in the lowest level of society do.

If anything, what the 'career path' you mentioned has is the prestige it has being a white collar job and then pensioned-plan advantage, beside that, tell me more. Those jobs you are classifying as for being low level, pays more in the day-to-day accumulation.
I am not talking about the UK-driver situation of this narrative. But those jobs you feel belong to the unfortunate and of course with no career path are more than what you think it is, especially if you go from a third world country. I am not justifying it because I am not interested in it, at all. A friend in California was telling me that his barber makes far better than him in the long run...(imagine cutting of hair in the range of 10s of dollars and that's apart shaving, shaving is charged apart from hair cutting - Basket Mouth was quoted to be saying he cut his hair around $75-$85 the other day in the States),
do you even know what it takes to become a licensed barber? And some of these low-level, no career-path endeavours according to you? Florist? Security guard? Stylist? And so on?
Ask them.

Don't rubbish them because you don't know what it takes to be 'them'.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2021
Baawaa:
She is better than some bank managers here
I swear to God.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:31am On Dec 10, 2021
Golan007:

33k isn't great in UK.

Nonsense talk. Mind you they can still do another job cos bus drivers don't work round he clock and they have a very flexible working duration.

But with 33k, you will leave a good life and even save good money if you don't go beyond your means.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 10, 2021
GreatrAnalyst:

If anything, what the 'career path' you mentioned has is the prestige it has being a white collar job and then pensioned-plan advantage, beside that, tell me more. Those jobs you are classifying as for being low level, pays more in the day-to-day accumulation.
I am not talking about the UK-driver situation of this narrative. But those jobs you feel belong to the unfortunate and of course with no career path are more than what you think it is, especially if you go from a third world country. I am not justifying it because I am not interested in it, at all. A friend in California was telling me that his barber makes far better than him in the long run...(imagine cutting of hair in the range of 10s of dollars and that's apart shaving, shaving is charged apart from hair cutting - Basket Mouth was quoted to be saying he cut his hair around $75-$85 the other day in the States),
do you even know what it takes to become a licensed barber? And some of these low-level, no career-path endeavours according to you? Florist? Security guard? Stylist? And so on?
Ask them.

Don't rubbish them because you don't know what it takes to be 'them'.

We are talking about the Uk, you are talking about California
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

Toyota Camry 2019 is too low. They can easily afford 2022 model and guess what, they don't have to pay at once which is a very good thing unlike the suffer head we do in naija which is why corruption is on the rise.

With as little as £100 a month you can get a brand new tear rubber(Not fairly used) car of any brand you want.

Keep typing what you don't know

If a bus driver can afford 2022 model, then why are most of these people living in council flats, depending on government for support?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by foreshore(m): 11:41am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2021
Golan007:

33k isn't great in UK.

33k is great in the Uk

But a bus driver doesn't collect 33k per annum

1 Like

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:44am On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Keep typing what you don't know

If a bus driver can afford 2022 model, then why are most of these people living in council flats, depending on government for support

See your life! See your reasoning. What do you even understand by council flat. Guy stop showcasing your ignorance biko.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

33k is great in the Uk

They do.

It ranges from 27k to 33k depending on the city, the type of bus and so on.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

See your life! See your reasoning. What do you even understand by council flat. Guy stop showcasing your ignorance biko.

You know what i meant clearly.

Council flat = public housing.

Answer my question, if a bus driver in the uk can afford a 2022 model toyota Camry car by just putting in 100 pounds,then why are most of these people living in public housing?

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

They do.

It ranges from 27k to 33k depending on the city, the type of bus and so on.

They don't.

It is a shift job not a full time job, some bus company pay as low as 11 pounds per hour while some pay 15 pounds per hour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Golan007: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

33k is great in the Uk

It is not great in UK.

Bear in mind this is before tax.

Take home is actually 26k annually or 2,175 a month.

Rent 650.
Council tax 100
Phone 25
Transport 80
Feeding 250
Electricity 70
Water 25
Gas 25

We haven't added owning a car, broadband, Netflix etc.

By the time she's through she'll hardly save 500 pounds and this is being extremely Conservative.

Where would you even find a place of 650?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Payus: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by huttonbanti(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by wonder233: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
You don't get it: the lady in this story is working and living in the UK. She didn't go there to hustle for a specific period to come back to Nigeria. Even the guy you're saying has properties here and works like a pauper there, the question then becomes at what point will he stop living like a pauper there and finally come home to live like a human being? Or is it just people here that will enjoy his toil? Cos most times Nigerians don't ever want to return. So how do they now enjoy the toil?
smallsmall:

What if she is investing majority of her income, in Assets like Properties in Nigeria?
Do you know how many properties her Annual income can buy in Nigeria, @#700+ in the black market?
Some people, apart from Accommodation, spend virtually less than 10% of their income overseas.
Everything na Western Union and Straight on properties.

I know a young man of about 35yrs who does Security Details in the UK and already has three Medium sized Hotels in Lagos.
But he lives like a pauper in the UK, bare bones life style. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Golan007:

It is not great in UK.

Bear in mind this is before tax.

Take home is actually 26k annually or 2,175 a month.

Rent 650.
Council tax 100
Phone 25
Transport 80
Feeding 250
Electricity 70
Water 25
Gas 25

We haven't added owning a car, broadband, Netflix etc.

By the time she's through she'll hardly save 500 pounds and this is being extremely Conservative.

Where would you even find a place of 650?

You didn't add income tax of 20% for the bus driver salary range
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Golan007: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You didn't add income tax of 20% for the bus driver salary range

No, this already addresses tax.

Taxable income on 33k is 20k of which 4k would be the actual income tax.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by seguno2: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Skyfornia:
Who should we blame? Her country or herself??

By the way, why is our female footballers not making money like our female celebrities?? No endorsements etc, meanwhile the big brother housemates and Nollywood actresses are buying properties like undies.

Something is wrong

Yes, something is wrong with us sex-starved Nigerian men, led by our president who is engrossed with other room activities, for sowing in the bottomless pits of women.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by somehow: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Curious345:
we have already sorted that..

Rent gulps 60% of the bills.. Now she pays only 200k a month converted to Nigerian currency

60% excluding tax.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by jibsy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
There is life after work, invest heavy while you are young and working.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
I wondered why ighalo left big money deal in china for man u
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by morinto: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Point of correction I lived in the UK and I don't know where una dey hear all this lies from?
First of all u can't spit on a bus driver because most of the bus has a cctv camera inside and u would be prescuted for that.
Secondly the part where the driver sit is been cover by bullet proof glass to avoid the driver from been attack so I don't know how can a spit pass through a bullet proof glass and also all the time I spend in UK the moment people are leaving the bus we tell the bus driver thank you for the ride. I was surprised initially but later knew it was there part of gestures always thanking the driver.
Actually I don't really blame you because most people think and see perception according to their environment in which there are been born and it seem you grew up in a place that people don't respect driver and driver are always been broke that why u drew your final conclusion and think that is also the same with uk

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by wonder233: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
Your guy stays abroad, probably does menial jobs like this lady in this story. He is excited cos of the differencein exchange rates. Okay. But will he come to Nigeria to spend the money? No. Will he work for a little while, then come back here? No. Cos most times,
when people japa it's for life. Coming back is deemed village people. So who then is the beneficiary of the difference in exchange rate? Family?, friends? Etc. Cos He LIVES ABROAD! So he will live all his days toiling and calculating exchange rates. So when does he actually 'live'?
Curious345:
don't be saying this..

I know a guy abroad. He said anytime he wakes up he prays that our currency keeps depreciating..
. He works with the UN, and he said if he did 'A' with his salary in Nigeria in 2019, but NOW HE Can DO '5A's' with that same salary in Nigeria anytime he comes back..

See pounds na pounds and Usd na usd
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Elliotwaveforec: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Toks2008:

Ignorant people everywhere writing what they know nothing about. The UK system is so organized that except you go beyond your means, you will always have enough to save after expenses.

An average salary in UK is £1500 and with about £1k you will live a life many Nigerians dream of.

£400 for accommodation which includes Electricity bill 24/7 supply...high speed 5G uninterrupted access to the internet with full video streaming 24/7....Gas bill...water and council tax even if you have to share some amenities

£300 for feeding and i mean feeding like a prince.

£180 for transportation if you go out often.

£120 for miscellaneous.

You will still be left with £500 savings which is about 400k in naira.

If you now have a spouse and you want to live in a bigger apartment you can do that and because they usually share bills in UK you will still be left with good savings each month except you do pass yourself and of course many people earn more than £1500 after tax.

You lot should stop writing nonsense.
Wow! What an organised country.
Re: Rachael Aladi Ayegba Is A Bus Driver In UK (Photo) by Blackman101: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
she has a job, is not crime.

best of luck Dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fikayo Idowu Is Dead. Drowns While Swimming With Friends / Usain Bolt's Feet Causes Commotion On Social Media / Allan Mbote Killed By Lightning During Goal Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.