Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes (14521 Views)

Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DWJOBScom(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Well and clearly elaborated

fkj950ax:
If you give a beggar, it's not tithe any longer

The Bible never asked for a tenth of your income to be given to a beggar.

You just gave a benevolence offering to someone in need. Your tithe will still be outstanding

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Reality3080: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2021
chigoziri2403:
It's your money
Do what you want to do with it

Anybody asking you to bring money as tithes to church is a scam
The true definition of giving as taught by Christ Was giving to the less privileged
God bless u for that last line
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by fkj950ax(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Myer:

For a Jew, your tithe is for the priests since God has separated them from having properties and working.
They're source of livelihood is the tithe from the other tribes of Israel.

As a Chrostian tithing not a requirement, cheerful giving is. Which some times could be less than a tithe (10% of your produce) or even far more depending on your choice and not a law. The early disciples gave all they had to the church after conversion.

Study the new testament carefully and you'll realise that no where did Peter or Paul mention the word tithe as a requirement. Only that the church make cheerful giving according to their will. Knowing that God blesses the cheerful giver.

However everything is hinged on your faith. If you have faith that paying tithe is when God blesses you, by all means do that.
If you have faith that giving cheerfully is when God blesses you by all means do that.
If you have faith that giving to the poor is when God blesses you, by all means do that.

Your faith is what makes you whole.

You have a right to believe or otherwise in tithing, but don't twist the definition of tithe to suit your belief in it or otherwise.
If giving cheerfully as you put it is the same as tithe, then there wouldn't have been different definitions.

Tithe is not cheerful giving.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Reality3080: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
That doesn't mean you should not help the beggar if you have any other money
any bible verse to back it up?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Estellie: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2021
Don’t y’all have better things to think of? Y’all don’t get tired of the same bullshit all the time?
Your merciful God watched a six month baby starve to death and u think he cares for you? You think you’re special?

Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
I was wondering if it's a most to take your tithes to church?

If u are born again, no choose here.
U are a Christian to obey God's word nd u have no choice if u are born again Christian.

God's word says I should bring my tithe to God's house.

God knew there will be beggars nd d poor , before he said we should bring the tithe into his storehouse.

Be ye doers of the word of God, not hearers only deceiving ur own self.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Gkemz: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2021
Giving to a beggar is good but should not prevent you from bringing into the storehouse of God your tithe.

Mal 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the L ORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
....you forgot to mention the widows and the needy... There is no place in the Bible where it is written that tithe is for the upkeep of the church... I stand to be corrected.... While growing up, offerings are for church upkeep and other expenses.... If there is need for more money.... Churches will do a special fund raising... Which in most cases, prominent and rich people around are invited

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by emmyseg(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2021
Are you sure you're okay bruh? As Christians we do all things through Christ Jesus that strengthen us.
Kobojunkie:
■Tithing, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Giving offering to your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Making your vows in your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Adakintroy: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2021
Don't ask this kind of questions here. Many of you don't want to know the answer you just use it to stare debate. If you don't know it's good to help people. Not from religiouse context. Forget the title "tithe" for once. If you don't know if God has given you excess it's right to help those who don't have then what do you know?. I ask you what do you know?

True religion lye deep in the heart. Follow your own heart you will see God or Satan depending. Leave the pastors and religiouse people alone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by seguno2: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

Not according to the most comprehensive passage on tithe, found in Deuteronomy 14: 22-29.
You are supposed to eat and drink hard liquor with your own tithe without forgetting the less privileged, like beggars, and the priests.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by SocialJustice: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Giving your tithe to beggars is the best way to pay your tithe. That's what I do, I engage in charity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by seguno2: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 says otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by WibusJaga: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2021

Na only Baba God fit settle this Tithe matter. Until then, do what your spirit directs you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2021
Gkemz:
Giving to a beggar is good but should not prevent you from bringing into the storehouse of God your tithe.

Mal 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the L ORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
...the scripture did not end at the STORE HOUSE but also went further to mention what the monies should be used for... Why didn't you mention that part..... Hahhahahahahahahaha... A typical Nigerian pastor spotted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Globad(f): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
helinues:
Can't really remember the last time I stepped on church not to talk about giving tithes.

I give my money to those who truly deserved it. Mostly unknown people like beggars and those who are desperately in need

Excellent!

This is the essence of giving. The most important thing is to help the needy.

This is the spirit of religion and not to handover your money to someone who will spend it the way he likes.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Rajiolaade: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
EnemyofGod22:
Jesus Christ, Angels, Satan and God doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.
but certainly entity that was designed and obey laws must be made by a super intelligence and designer.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by JesusReigneth: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
TITHING FOR ORPHANS, WIDOWS, AND SOJOURNERS (DEUT. 14:28–29)
At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Deepsky(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
If you are a true child of God,ask God to tell where to pay ur tithes I'm sure he'll tell you
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by seguno2: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2021
Myer:
For a Jew, your tithe is for the priests since God has separated them from having properties and working.
They're source of livelihood is the tithe from the other tribes of Israel.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 that was for Jews has a different take on that.
When was the last time you read it
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DFERENCE: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
■Tithing, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Giving offering to your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided

■Making your vows in your churches, in the Name of Jesus Christ, is sin against Almighty God. undecided
you can't just drop some mistic shit and not justify it with reason, waiting for you to justify your response
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by TheMan3: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
if yo call it tithe, it should be brought to the house if God. Not a begger. If you want to help someone help the person you will also be blessed. But by all means, don't think it's tithe to God
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Tithe is different from Alms.
Jesus said Tithe is for the House of God, while you give alms to the needy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by nonireel(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

A tithe is 1/10th of your earnings which the Bible instructs you to give to the Church.

when you give to the poor and needy, it's called Almsgiving. the Bible also teaches christians to do that.

Tithe (given to God) and Almsgiving (given to the Needy) are different.

God bless you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by LollySeaSide: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
Christians are guided by the teachings of Christ.
Christ didn't teach Christians to pay tithes.
It is not a condition for salvation.
Grace is what saves Christians.
Delete the idea of tithes from your mind and be free to practice true Christianity.
Whatever you give out in church or to the poor and less privileged, see as a response to the commandment that Christ handed to Peter: "if you love me, feed my sheep." John 21:17.
Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by olumike001(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2021
Of course the question is not for you to know, u just understand that it will bring different response to your thread. Anyway in the question, when you give beggar your money is not called tithe. So it's never wrong to give beggar your money. But calling it tithe is wrong.

Can I ask you a question, if you need to give me money, can you do so with GT bank teller If you understand what this means you should understand my response upthere
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2021
DFERENCE:
you can't just drop some mistic shit and not justify it with reason, waiting for you to justify your response
No dey tag that person again for your peace of mind
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by CaptMarvel(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
is that what the scriptures says.? To give tithe to beggars?
You don't give tithe to beggars, you give it to the house of the Lord and you can sow or give what you have to beggars. But if your tithe is the only thing that you have then decide whether to give it as a tithe to God's house or as a seed to beggars. Sharon

NB: Patronize my market...check my threads grin
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by jclassiq(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2021
The important question we need to ask sometimes to help us gain some clarity is, "What is the primary purpose of tithe in the first place? Was it imposed on early Christians in order to build the most gigantic church ? Or to buy private jets for daddy G.O's ? Or to put it into the fat bank accounts of daddy G.O's so they can be called the richest pastors ?
Some of you don't think, and that's why it's very easy to blackmail us with hell fire and all that rubbish they usually use to manipulate the unintelligent simple minded "sheeples."
It says, "bring in the tithes into my house.. So there will be 'meat' in my house (which is the same thing as 'food')."
So tell me, who is the person that needs food, is it not a hungry person?
Does Oyedepo look hungry to you? Does Adeboye look hungry to you? Does Oyakhilome look like a hungry person to you?
Open your eyes people and stop letting ordinary men make you feel like you don't know God enough. Stop being idiotic and get to know God for yourself. These men are not God's manager, you know.
Know God for yourselves people!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by dualprince0280: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:

Don't give ur tithes to the beggers.Give ur tithes to hungry people around you.they are in ur family,friends and neighbours,they are seriously hungry and lacking but they would not beg or ask u and they may beg and ask u,share among these set of people not commercial beggers u found on the street.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2021
helinues:

Those who deserved it are totally different from the beggars I was referring to.

I do go out occasionally just to give beggars money. Those who beg for a living

Well, I remain stuck to my lines.... check them out on the religion section...

I created two topics .....'The Lines' and 'Life Is Bla Bla Bla'.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.