Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes (14517 Views)

Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 1:20am On Dec 20, 2021
yahwehpickin:

Any Christian who doesnt pay his tithe, offering to God doesn't understand financial principles in God's kingdom and that's his or her issue. NO ONE CAN CHEAT GOD. YOU ONLY HURT YOURSELF.

CHRISTIANITY IS SPIRITUAL AND THESE PRINCIPLES ARE SPIRITUAL. IF TITHING WAS MAN MADE AND IT DOESN'T ,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

OFFERING, TITHING, FIRST FRUIT AND ALL THOSE PRINCIPLES WORK IN RESPECT TO FINANCES.

TITHE IS FOR SECURING YOUR 90% IT ISNT FOR FINANCIAL INCREASE!!!!

IF YOU WANT FINANCIAL INCREASE SOW A SEED INTO THE LIFE OF SOMEONE THAT HAS THE ANOINTING FOR FINANCES!!!!

NOT EVERY FEILD IS FERTILE.... DESERN SO YOU DONT SOW YOUR SEED ON A WASTE LAND. cool
You don’t think you sound like a lunatic?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 1:23am On Dec 20, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
That doesn't mean you should not help the beggar if you have any other money
Ignorant Nigerian Oaf, “The Temple/Church” means the followers, the less privileged people; not a building.

You guys are so disgustingly and irritatingly steewpid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by pointblank247(m): 3:51am On Dec 20, 2021
Zane2point4:

You’re an animal.

You’re paying school for there services.
Is Gods blessings supposed to be payed for?
The bible says
Whatever you do to the least of my brothers that you did unto me..

So giving to the poor and hopless is even paying your tittes 100times better
Your stupid parents are the first confirmed Human animal. Ezi .
Look at your stupid life , you can't even make a sensible point without resorting to insult. Anuofia
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chigoziri2403(m): 3:52am On Dec 20, 2021
yahwehpickin:

Any Christian who doesnt pay his tithe, offering to God doesn't understand financial principles in God's kingdom and that's his or her issue. NO ONE CAN CHEAT GOD. YOU ONLY HURT YOURSELF.

CHRISTIANITY IS SPIRITUAL AND THESE PRINCIPLES ARE SPIRITUAL. IF TITHING WAS MAN MADE AND IT DOESN'T ,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

OFFERING, TITHING, FIRST FRUIT AND ALL THOSE PRINCIPLES WORK IN RESPECT TO FINANCES.

TITHE IS FOR SECURING YOUR 90% IT ISNT FOR FINANCIAL INCREASE!!!!

IF YOU WANT FINANCIAL INCREASE SOW A SEED INTO THE LIFE OF SOMEONE THAT HAS THE ANOINTING FOR FINANCES!!!!

NOT EVERY FEILD IS FERTILE.... DESERN SO YOU DONT SOW YOUR SEED ON A WASTE LAND. cool
Tithing, (10%) is a requirement under the law that was established in the Old Testament. Under the law tithing is a payment. According to Colossians 2:14, Jesus Christ has wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us and nailed it to the cross. Galatians 3:13 says Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the law. If you are paying tithes out of a sense of necessity or obligations you are denying the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every believer has been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ and saved by grace, which means we are under the dispensation of grace and not the law.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by nwabueze1999(m): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Continue throwing away your money to rich GOs. While they buy private jets from your money, you continue to be poor.
10% of my wealth can't make me poor bro.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by nwabueze1999(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2021
chigoziri2403:
Tithing, (10%) is a requirement under the law that was established in the Old Testament. Under the law tithing is a payment. According to Colossians 2:14, Jesus Christ has wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us and nailed it to the cross. Galatians 3:13 says Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the law. If you are paying tithes out of a sense of necessity or obligations you are denying the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every believer has been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ and saved by grace, which means we are under the dispensation of grace and not the law.
Tor.
When last did you heal the sick?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2021
yahwehpickin:

1 we pay our tithe to God not to a pastor
2. Giving to the needy is applodable but don't rub God with your tithe and offerings.

Hahahaha are you for real? You pay your tithe to God and not the pastor? What a joke. The late TB Joshua was very clear about his position on whether tithes can be given to the needy or must be paid to the church. In his words, tithes must not be paid to the Church, you can use give your tithe to assist anyone in need. As you do this, you are also helping the Church to do it's responsibility. Most pastors would disagree with him on this because of their love for their greed and love for money and material things. My brother you better wise up and stop allowing pastors to deceive you that tithe must be paid to the church. The way all these so called men of God lay emphasis on tithes, if it was the same energy they were using to preach for salvation, many more souls would have been saved. If you like pay tithe to the church always, that does not guarantee you Heaven. I still maintain my position that I would rather give my tithe to the needy than take it the Church. I don wise up. When these con pastors are reading the old testament, they'd tell you this it's old, it's the law of moses and Jesus Christ has abolished it bla bla bla but whenever they want to talk about tithe paying, they'd go back to the same old testament to quote the verse that supports their pathetic love and greed for money. Jesus never talked about paying tithe instead he preached about helping a friend, brother or neighbour in need. Please wise up. These so called men of God are always trying to brainwash their congregation.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chigoziri2403(m): 7:25am On Dec 20, 2021
nwabueze1999:
Tor.
When last did you heal the sick?
nature has many healing powers, nature has the powers, not me, whatever you seek,God has the solution in his creations.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by frozen70(f): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2021
mohims:

God bless you for this.

Thanks my dear
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 7:36am On Dec 20, 2021
frozen70:

Thanks my dear
You are welcome. Compliments of the season
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by frozen70(f): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2021
mohims:

You are welcome. Compliments of the season
Same to you and I wish you a successful season
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2021
frozen70:

Same to you and I wish you a successful season
Thanks dear!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Awoo88: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Give you tithe to the needy. If you church needs money, it can raise through donations
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2021
chigoziri2403:
And this nonsense you wrote up there was said by Jesus himself or by someone that never met or studied under Jesus, but claimed he [Jesus] appeared to him [Saul/Paul] 30+years after his death?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Fran6ik: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
kolaish:
Don't get it mix up. Tithing is different from work of charity. Both are necessary for a good christian. Do you rather prefer to give to the poor and neglect giving to the church? When did giving to the church become antichrist?

Who is the Church? Me and you.. Giving to the poor among us is giving to the church.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
Fran6ik:

Who is the Church? Me and you.. Giving to the poor among us is giving to the church.
What about those that are working day and night for the gospel? Those maintaining the church (building: where we worship) and other workers., where do you want them to get their living from?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
kolaish:
What about those that are working day and night for the gospel? Those maintaining the church (building: where we worship) and other workers., where do you want them to get their living from?
How did Jesus do it? Or are you no longer a follower of Jesus? Oh, my bad, I forgot, your a follower of Mr.Apostle Paul and his false teachings.

Roflmao y’all more confused worse than a whale that’s been hit with Military sonar.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
Jesus never ask anyone to pay tithe so whoever is paying it is doing it for showy display and nothing is attached because God doesn't ask Christians to continue with that old system of worship!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Dada4me: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
mohims:

I cannot give my tithe to someone who will be spending it on luxuries when there are some many people in dire need. God will bless more for giving it to the needy than giving it to the pastor who thinks of nothing but how to acquire private jet, the latest cars etc

Don't disobey God because of alleged indiscretion of others. You will deprive yourself of the blessings promised. You are not giving tithe to someone but to God. Anyone misusing the tithe meant for God will account for it before God.

Just pay your tithe and let God take over from there.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
RealTalkNoBull:
How did Jesus do it? Or are you no longer a follower of Jesus? Oh, my bad, I forgot, your a follower of Mr.Apostle Paul and his false teachings.

Roflmao y’all more confused worse than a whale that’s been hit with Military sonar.
I am having a decent conversation with someone, not you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by RealTalkNoBull: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
kolaish:
I am having a decent conversation with someone, not you.

And I’m trying to kick some knowledge into your block head, not someone else’s.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 6:34am On Dec 21, 2021
RealTalkNoBull:

And I’m trying to kick some knowledge into your block head, not someone else’s.
I don't utter uncultured language to another person because I was well trained in my home. So, kindly learn how to have decent conversation with people. It is good for your health and relationship with others and shows how mature you are.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2021
Dada4me:

Don't disobey God because of alleged indiscretion of others. You will deprive yourself of the blessings promised. You are not giving tithe to someone but to God. Anyone misusing the tithe meant for God will account for it before God.

Just pay your tithe and let God take over from there.
Are you indirectly advocating that we should go back to the law of Moses? I will only pay my tithe to the Church when the start supporting old testament laws like an eye for an eye. Because I cannot remember anywhere in the Bible where our Lord Jesus Christ talked about paying tithes to the Church. I cannot be brainwashed by these so called men of God anymore. Until I see a verse where Jesus talked about it in the Bible else I will NEVER make that mistake of paying my tithe to any Church. Whenever someone talks about the an eye for an eye law, these Preacher men will boldly tell you that Jesus Christ came and abolished the laws of Moses. But the one that concerns there pocket was never abolished right? Think Sir, it's very logical to understand who is deceiving who. You don't need rocket science to understand this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Fran6ik: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2021
kolaish:

They should survive on Charity!

How do we maintain the building of the church while ignoring the Church itself?

If Christians do as Jesus said about the poor n needy around us, the world will be a better place. But if we go by your owm analogy, the world remain same.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Dada4me: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2021
mohims:

Are you indirectly advocating that we should go back to the law of Moses? I will only pay my tithe to the Church when the start supporting old testament laws like an eye for an eye. Because I cannot remember anywhere in the Bible where our Lord Jesus Christ talked about paying tithes to the Church. I cannot be brainwashed by these so called men of God anymore. Until I see a verse where Jesus talked about it in the Bible else I will NEVER make that mistake of paying my tithe to any Church. Whenever someone talks about the an eye for an eye law, these Preacher men will boldly tell you that Jesus Christ came and abolished the laws of Moses. But the one that concerns there pocket was never abolished right? Think Sir, it's very logical to understand who is deceiving who. You don't need rocket science to understand this.

Jesus did not directly talk about tithe but he told those paying it in Matthew to continue without running from other areas of the Christian life.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Dada4me:

Jesus did not directly talk about tithe but he told those paying it in Matthew to continue without running from other areas of the Christian life.
I put it to you that he was not referring to tithe when he said that. If paying tithe to the Church was of great importance, Jesus would have certainly talked about it
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Fran6ik:

They should survive on Charity!

How do we maintain the building of the church while ignoring the Church itself?

If Christians do as Jesus said about the poor n needy around us, the world will be a better place. But if we go by your owm analogy, the world remain same.
Give to the needy; Yes. Give to the Church; Yes. Both are good works in the presence of the Lord. Do not neglect one for the other. That has been my stand since. Please forgive me if I am wrong, how much have you given to the charity in the last one year?

Get the points straight: In his days, Jesus was constantly in the temple preaching and doing other things. Matthew 21:12-17 - "Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves. He said to them, “The Scriptures declare, ‘My Temple will be called a house of prayer,.

Stop discrediting the Church building in the upliftment of the gospel. We need to properly fund the Church building too. Find a good church where the pastor is good and join him in spreading the message of Christ. There are many pastors around that do not take one kobo from church offering, instead they even spend their own personal money to fund the missionaries and help the poor and needy in the church. I can bear witness to it that my church pastor is among one of these pastors. Good day.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by yahwehpickin(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
chigoziri2403:

Sorry for replying late

Jesus came to fulfill the law and not to abolish it.

The Jew pay tithe for everything they own.

The blood of Jesus is for remission of sins, it has nothing to do with tithing.

Tithing has been there before the law, It started with Abraham.

There is a reward for giving to the needy and there is a reward for paying your tithe.

I understand that there are ministers who have deceiving people. DON'T LET ANOTHER MAN'S WAY MISLED YOU FROM THE RIGHT PATH...
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by yahwehpickin(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
mohims:

Hahahaha are you for real? You pay your tithe to God and not the pastor? What a joke. The late TB Joshua was very clear about his position on whether tithes can be given to the needy or must be paid to the church. In his words, tithes must not be paid to the Church, you can use give your tithe to assist anyone in need. As you do this, you are also helping the Church to do it's responsibility. Most pastors would disagree with him on this because of their love for their greed and love for money and material things. My brother you better wise up and stop allowing pastors to deceive you that tithe must be paid to the church. The way all these so called men of God lay emphasis on tithes, if it was the same energy they were using to preach for salvation, many more souls would have been saved. If you like pay tithe to the church always, that does not guarantee you Heaven. I still maintain my position that I would rather give my tithe to the needy than take it the Church. I don wise up. When these con pastors are reading the old testament, they'd tell you this it's old, it's the law of moses and Jesus Christ has abolished it bla bla bla but whenever they want to talk about tithe paying, they'd go back to the same old testament to quote the verse that supports their pathetic love and greed for money. Jesus never talked about paying tithe instead he preached about helping a friend, brother or neighbour in need. Please wise up. These so called men of God are always trying to brainwash their congregation.

Sometimes I wonder if it is the same Holy Spirit that leads us as believers The same bible different interpretation.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chigoziri2403(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
yahwehpickin:

Sorry for replying late

There is a reward for giving to the needy and there is a reward for paying your tithe.

I understand that there are ministers who have deceiving people. DON'T LET ANOTHER MAN'S WAY MISLED YOU FROM THE RIGHT PATH...
What Abraham did wasn't tithing, because it wasn't under compulsion, he gave his heart desire.
Tithing is a law , compulsory as an instruction giving to the Israelite.
We have the feast of the unleavened bread,Passover ,how many do Christian participate?
They only take tithes because it is of financial benefits to some people
As Christian we live by the grace of God, if we lived under the law as of the old testament, none of us would be alive
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by chigoziri2403(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
yahwehpickin:

Sorry for replying late

God cannot accept the payment of tithes because of what Jesus has done. But God will accept you GIVING A TITHE. He will not punish you if you do not give a tithe. There is a big difference in paying tithes and giving tithes. God does not was us the pay Him anything because everything has been paid by His Son, Jesus Christ. Since we are now under grace all of our giving is based on 2 Corinthians 9:7, which says every man should give as he is purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity because God loves a cheerful giver. God does not obligate anyone to PAY him a tithe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.