Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes (14524 Views)

Father Thaddeus Ilechukwu Disguises As A Beggar In Anambra / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Foundwealth001: 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anakazo22:

Tithing is not old testament. Abraham paid tithe and he was not under the mosaic law. Tithing is a spiritual law and it has nothing to do with Grace or law . Don't be deceive.
Stop deceiving others, simply coz u ve been brainwashed and doctrinated. There are many religiouses that do not preach nor pay tithes, still yet, they receive blessing from God.
The essence of human being is to worship and glorify God.
Tithe is an earthly bribe for the GOs. They invoke fear into you, making u to part with your money.
God is the creator of heaven and earth. He dwelleth in heaven, watching over the affair of mankind.
Giving generously to others is not a sin. It opens way.
Tithe is a compulsion, forceful, burdensome obligation imposed on Christians by gullible men of God, Who uses such money for materials and flamboyant things of life.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by charleskl(m): 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
itz wrong...ur tithes isnt meant 4 beggars...since ur tithe z juzt 10% of ur income, why not still take out anoda 10% from the 90% and give to the beggar instead...and give God hiz tithe
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Reality3080: 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Crystyano:

I have tried sending an email to you

Please, reply
y?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
phr0nesis:
Deuteronomy 14:22-29 should explain how tithes should be made
Law is of moses. Quote a verse where Jesus talked about it. People like you are one of the problem of the world. I pray for you to receive sense
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Foundwealth001: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

Law is of moses. Quote a verse where Jesus talked about it. People like you are one of the problem of the world. I pray for you to receive sense
Amen
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by EngtTemmy(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
How do you explain this

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nooneonline(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78 past=108625167:
I was wondering if it's a most to take your tithes to church?
Ur tithe is one tenth of Ur earnings or salary. That is for God and strictly for God any other form of giving is 'helps' that one u can choose whom u want to give it to
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
Gkemz:
Giving to a beggar is good but should not prevent you from bringing into the storehouse of God your tithe.

Mal 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the L ORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Moses law. Kindly show me a verse where Jesus Christ talked about it
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by phr0nesis(m): 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

Tithe wasn't mentioned in the new testament
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 1:31pm On Dec 19, 2021
moralistic:
...the scripture did not end at the STORE HOUSE but also went further to mention what the monies should be used for... Why didn't you mention that part..... Hahhahahahahahahaha... A typical Nigerian pastor spotted
Don't mind the imp. They are all the same. All the care about is their pocket. Jesus Christ never mentioned anything about paying tithe to the Church

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by mohims(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
phr0nesis:

Tithe wasn't mentioned in the new testament
Yes it wasn't mentioned
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by EngtTemmy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
That doesn't mean you should not help the beggar if you have any other money

Tithe was the inheritance of the Levites because they were the only tribe of Israel that wasn't given land to farm.

They were given mandate to be the priest by God, so 10% of the crops produced on the land of the other 11 tribes are to be brought into the house of God so the Levites (priest) won't cgo hungry. This is the reason for tithe, or did you hear anything about tithe before this occurrence.

There are no Levites again, even some Pastors have work they do, so why do they need tithe. Please don't tell me Pastors are the Levites of today, they are quite different. Levite are one of the tribe of Israel not pastor, bishop or any other ordained person.

I want you to answer these questions truthfully.

Tithe was originally 10% of crops produced annually

1. Who changed it into cash things
2. Who changed it into monthly or salary thing.

Note: In Deuteronomy, God said, If his storehouse is too far, he said the crops should be converted into silver (cash) "Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice."
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Timby: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
To me there is a huge difference between GIVING and TITHING. Let's not mix these two words up. GIVING is taking out of that which you have irrespective of how big or small and give to the less privilege while TITHING is giving 10% of the PROFIT you make in your business, gifts given to you and the likes to the house of God [CHURCH] be it a hut or a cathedral. It's a command from God to us all. Whether the pastor in charge of the church you take it to is filthy rich or poor, it's not ours to go against dat command. Ours is to pay the 10% to God's house [Church]. Once we do that, we've done our part, the rest is left to the pastor in charge and God. Ours is to be expecting the blessings attached to being faithful with it.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by charleskl(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
this the problem with pple like you...wen ur pastor will be preaching in church u go dey press phone.
paying of tithe and giving of offerings is a commandment from God not a law of moses.
Jesus never abolished the giving of tithez and offerings..Judas the disciple was a the treasurer..abeg what was he keeping?...how where they getting money?....this is why i get annoyed when people complain abt pastors using private jets....JESUS wasnt poor..he had boats dey wia using for the gospel which wasnt just owned by anybody then...Jesus came and modified some of the commandments he made during the old testament...
jpmoriarti:
So people still pay tithe in 2021, with all the available evidence that it is the law of Moses, which we're no longer under. Obeying the law of Moses as a Christian, carries a curse. (Galatians 3:10)

Christ never collected tithe. He never asked his disciple to collect it. Tithing is the law. If you obey the law, then Christ is no longer of any benefit to you (Galatians 5:4)
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Reality3080:
y?

Don't send any email again
I don't have data to check
I don't know when I will have data again
I want you to tell me what it will take me to convince you that I need your financial assistance.
I use Freebasics when I don't have data in case you're wondering.
You know it's not necessary to call someone a beggar if you want to help.
It's even worse to call the person other derogatory names in addition.
Don't consider what anyone says about me
I have been seeking financial assistance and it's not like I'm enjoying it..... some people don't know how devastating it is to find yourself in the situation where you have to seek assistance for yourself let alone you and someone related to you.
It will be honorable of you to consider my request for your conditions for help to be possible.
I don't know what to say ....... it's not impossible for a person to have problems...but I don't know if you're willing to consider my problems.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by charleskl(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
i just read those bible verses u included...Moses made law in tge wilderness due to the lifestyle of the isrealites....God also gave them commandments too....dos verses where talking abt the laws of moses and not the commandments of God....one of the law is "when ur neighbors slaps u, u do d same...etc" den Jesus modified and say u turn the other cheek instead.

oga be paying your tithe and dont continue robbing God with flimsy excuses.
also help the needy too.
study and meditate on the bible well and ask the holyspirit for interpretation.
happy sunday
jpmoriarti:
So people still pay tithe in 2021, with all the available evidence that it is the law of Moses, which we're no longer under. Obeying the law of Moses as a Christian, carries a curse. (Galatians 3:10)

Christ never collected tithe. He never asked his disciple to collect it. Tithing is the law. If you obey the law, then Christ is no longer of any benefit to you (Galatians 5:4)
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by PDPGuy: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
It is right.’
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by phr0nesis(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
mohims:

Yes it wasn't mentioned
I made a statement, not a question
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Dagrace01(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
Tithe is specifically for the upkeep of the Temple or Church in this case (and people working in there)
You're right!
But tithe is meant for the Levite's, note, only the Levites not the priests.. The levites must have no Job, all their lives are meant for the management and the up keep of the house of GOD.. Be careful, the tithe isn't a Christian thing, if u will trace it, it is the meant for Judaism, one of the Abrahamic religions..
Christ never mentioned paying of tithe, Paul didn't too, Paul only encourage people to bring gifts to the house of GOD like a vow, it isn't obligatory, a vow is something u committed yourself to, no one coerced u through threatens and curses like our pastors do today..
Jesus only asked for those that have one food or the other when he wanted to feed the 5thousand, he didn't place a decree or order on everyone to bring one thing or the other, it was by choice..
Tithe is a Judahist thing and it is meant for the taken care of the Levites. Not a bad thing for Christians to emulate, because drivers, guards,cleaners working for the church etc must be taken care of, but it shouldn't be by force by fire, no law is binding a Christian to the payment of tithes, pastors should stop destabilizing what Christ laid down!
Thank u!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by MrPaul2: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
ITbomb:
Very wrong
where did you read this from in your bible?
Deu 14:28 go and read it. And stop believing what you hear but what you read in the Bible
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Connected1: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
PROPHETmichael:
It is wrong hence, the reason christ said the poor you will always have with you.

The scripture teaches 3 types of giving namely:'

Tithe
Offering
Alms
(This is where you give to the poor).

Really?

Then that teaching must be for the Elites because I am sure you know that most Nigerians earn below 30k monthly.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
emmyseg:
Are you sure you're okay bruh? As Christians we do all things through Christ Jesus that strengthen us.
You are not making any sense at all here... lipsrsealed

Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments and His commandment stipulates that you not add or change or even remove from His teachings and commandments in any way. So, when you go about pretending you do everything in His Name, you in fact commit sin against God by your actions - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 undecided
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by johnweish014: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2021
Some of those people standing by the road side claiming to be beggers are millionaires. It is only a disobedient Christian that will give a begger his tithes and offering. If you can't obey Scriptures , while go to church and give ur money? Its a total waste of time. [color=#006600][/color]
chatinent:
I think the main person who needs to be given anything is the beggar rather than the other rich beggar who uses subtle means to extort it from you with the threat of you roasting in hell fire as a spirit when you die.

Do not pastors tell you to ask God for protection and guidance while they themselves use security personnel after your tithes and offerings have accumulated billions upon billions for them?

You give your tithes and offerings in secret but they tweet their giveback to the world...that is if they even give because last time I checked, they tell you to pray to God for your needs.

They are always telling you God told them to do this and do that...however, every pastor says different things “from God.”

They preach prosperity! Jesus preached God's Kingdom.

Before you intend arguing with me, explain to me what rashidi yekeni yamaha Kawa totoyota susuki means.

With the number of churches in Nigeria alone, one would think it is the most peaceful region. You can see up to twelve different churches in a two storey in Nigeria shouting differently and you are wondering why they will not tell you it is God that called them? Simply! You are vulnerable to be deceived when you hear God! The format has enriched many billionaires of the world!

You will see them hampering on offering from the “old testament” yet leaving Paul's account on voluntary giving?

Brothers,

They give you what you want to hear: miracles magic, fake testimonies, and “God says” since it brings quick responses.

Some of their fleet of cars, and private jets can feed the whole country for years. I mean three-square meals.

Ever wondered why every pastor you can think of is a billionaire? Simple! You pray to God for money and give to them who thank God for bringing people like you!

You, yes you, you respect your pastor even more than the God you claim to serve. The only respect you have for him is writing the “G” in capital letters!

I promise you, I won't respond to you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by judedwriter(m): 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
youngdave78:
I was wondering if it's a most to take your tithes to church?

You pay tithes to God not to a beggar.

Paying tithes is a command, alms giving is a choice.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by julius53: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oga ! Go to a secret place and ask God to give you revelation about who to pay tithe too, you still lack understanding about the word of God
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
DFERENCE:
you can't just drop some mistic shit and not justify it with reason, waiting for you to justify your response
The reason is simple. God is God of Laws and Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. It is against God's Law to add commands, change or remove commands from His Law, Jesus Christ- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

Jesus Christ never instructed His followers to pay tithes, or give offerings to churches or make vows in your churches in His name. In fact, Jesus Christ never even commanded your church gatherings at all. So those of you who do these things that Jesus Christ never commanded, in His Name, you do so in violation of God's Will and Law, Jesus Christ aka you sin against God. undecided
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
Youngzedd:
TITHING DEMYSTIFIED

I commend you for your write-up though, but please try and digest Mathew 23: 23:
“ “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Please note from the above that Jesus never condemned tithing. I rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by helinues: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nooneonline:

Ur tithe is one tenth of Ur earnings or salary. That is for God and strictly for God any other form of giving is 'helps' that one u can choose whom u want to give it to

God dey spend Naira?

undecided
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by PROPHETmichael: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
Connected1:

Really?

Then that teaching must be for the Elites because I am sure you know that most Nigerians earn below 30k monthly.

That's not an excuse! Anyone that can't give when he's earning low can't give when he's earning high.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by DWJOBScom(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2021
Fran6ik:

But Jesus said whatever you give to the lesst of his brothers you give to him. No what u gave to church.
The lady that honored Jesus with the most expensive oil , I wonder why she didn't sell it and gave it to the poor.

Yet people like you and others murmured and said she should have sold it and given it to the poor you are advocating all your tithe for.

Honor God with your tithe and offerings and still give to the poor

Finish
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes by kolaish(m): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2021
Fran6ik:

A good Christian knows to give to Jesus is to give to the poor as he CLEARLY stated even as one of his judgement laws.

Why be an AntiChrist to preach against Christ teaching?
Don't get it mix up. Tithing is different from work of charity. Both are necessary for a good christian. Do you rather prefer to give to the poor and neglect giving to the church? When did giving to the church become antichrist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.