Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,282 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper (10207 Views)

Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Yungjay: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2007
Is it right for to have a girlfriend who's two years older than you.cos I think I have a problem with dat. 1 she doesnt know about it and 2. if her family knows am in trobs
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by simplyme3(f): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
proper? what do u mean - this is annoying.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by ikamefa(f): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
Yungjay:

Is it right for to have a girlfriend who's two years older than you.because I think I have a problem with that. 1 she doesnt know about it and 2. if her family knows am in trobs

you have a problem with the age thingy? then why are you dating her? why are you hiding such crucial issues from her?God knows what else you are hiding! undecided

her family must not know? is her family paying your bills? undecided or do you have a reason/motive for dating this girl ? are you after her family's wealth?

its obvious you don't love her, please free the girl and let her go! shio!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by bubblegum(f): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2009
its nt right to date a gurl who is older than u. very very bad!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by hollandis(f): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2009
bubblegum:

and why is that?
Aaliyah sang "age ain't nothing but a number tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Ben13: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2009
. . . .especially when she's taller than you cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by bubblegum(f): 10:03am On Jan 21, 2009
hollandis:

and why is that?

yeah i kno "age aint nothin but a number" but not like dating a gurl who is older than u. i feel its nt right

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Ben13: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2009
Yes, not right at all
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by hollandis(f): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2009
Ben20001:

Yes, not right at all

It isn't a crime bros
bubblegum:

yeah i kno "age aint nothin but a number" but not like dating a gurl who is older than u. i feel its nt right

Older could be 3 mnts - 2years.And again their love is skin deep
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by bubblegum(f): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2009
hollandis:

It isn't a crime bros
Older could be 3 mnts - 2years.And again their love is skin deep

still not proper. even if its a day!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by hollandis(f): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2009
So long as there is no profound physical factor that makes her less appealing to her younger counterpart,I don't see how it really matters. I think that the maturity/stage of life thing is more important than the age number, really. Some people act like kids even through their 30s these days .
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by smooooooth: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2009
anoda girl have mistaken an over grown baby for a man. maybe we need to carry our birth certificates around, too bad
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by poshangel: 10:46am On Jan 21, 2009
it might not av been an issue if she knew from d start but 4 d mere fact that  u lied and u r still lying about ur age is enuf reason 4 her to dump ur arse.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Czarskit(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2009
As 4 me, age has nothing do wit anytin. The poster is nuts!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2009
to me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. it simply a mentality we nigerians have cultivated for no just reason. as a matter of fact, my gf is older than i am, don't ask me how old. what matters is love and mutual respect.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by obichinno: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2009
U juys shoulf stop thinking like un-enlightened 'boys'.Go and watch this movie "love and war",then u might have a change of heart,un-enlightened little boys! sad angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Feelitx(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
There is nothing wrong with it. But you needed to be honest with her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Taken(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ poster

Common my man, if she is older than you and she is all that - who cares. Even if her family jumps up and down doing chris-cross, as much she is into you be happy about it.
Yeah, make una dey tell each other the truth.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by dean2725: 5:58am On Jan 22, 2009
hollandis:

and why is that?

Even if Aaliyah no sang am
che na age you chop ni abi happiness?
na wah for those shallow minded pple sha
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by dean2725: 6:03am On Jan 22, 2009
bubblegum:

still not proper. even if its a day!
deal with it angry
jeez!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by farotika(m): 7:28am On Jan 22, 2009
@NLs

To me, i believe its not right for wife to be older than her hubby. They may be happy together and all that, but what about the sexual aspect

At 70, a man can still be active sexually but can u say that of a woman at 60 Just my own thought o. undecided

@poster,

Lies in relationship can be very bad and dangerous. Be warned cool
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by lalaboi(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2009
Gigolo
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by zaragoza(m): 7:56am On Jan 22, 2009
If its just your girlfriend i dont actually see anything wrong with that, but if u are planning on getting married then thats where u have a problem. Mind u we are blacks not whites.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Czarskit(m): 7:57am On Jan 22, 2009
:d
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by DrTony1(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2009
Theres no problem with dat.What if d girl is 5 yrs older than d guy,for me I gat no problem with dat
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Rendani(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2009
i sense that you are using this as an excuse, u dont want to continue with the relationship, be a man brother
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2009
bubblegum:

If i may ask, what has Age to do with relationship, if both of them realy love and respect each other.
Afterall Age is just a number,it only whom u tell ur real age will know
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by Moyola(f): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2009
It's a matter of choice really.

Ah kant imagine masef datin a guy younga dan me. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by steve49ja(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2009
Where exactly do you see this relationship going to? If you aint gon marry her oboy enjoy while it last, but if you are ready to marry/settle down and wanna marry her then you shouldnt have a problem with the age but if you do?bro find someone younger.personally can't marry someone older than me though but no problem if its just a relationship sad
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by essentialB(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2009
It is proper.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by ykush(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2009
@essentialB> truth is, it no longer seems to be an issue of proper or improper cause it really has to do with the mindset and level of maturity of both parties.

From the poster's tone he seems to be insecured and so i'll advice he steps out of the game. If he eventually goes thru with it every single move of the wife (if they get married) makes him look like the haunted
Re: My Girlfriend Is Older Than Me Is It Proper by ariblaze(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
its about your mindset

and what understanding you have

my parents as age mates, i mean same year different months

in an age when husband's had at least 5years on their wives

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Men Really Tell When A Woman Has Had Sex With Another Man?? / Name A Petty Reason You Can't Date Someone / The Top 7 Greatest Phraseologists In Romanceland Are.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.