Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? (38608 Views)

Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
mekaboy:

This bombing in Abuja is not just about politics, its about religion. these activities are sponsored by a cartel of Islamic extremist and terrorist within and outside Nigeria.

you cant negotiate with this kind of people,  they dont need money, they are sponsored by multi-billionaires, they have been brains washed by religion.

Thats the difference between MEND and BOKO HARAM.   Mend is not a religious so their  demands will be more understood.  Trust me, if you ask these  BOKO HARAM people what they want from Nigeria, This will be their answers.

[b]1, GEJ should step down and have a muslim take over

2, GEJ should become a muslim.

I still point this to the source of the container load of explosives that was discovered in Nigeria, The sss know the truth, they know those who imported, those explosives into the country. Until people begin to vomit the bribes they have taken and say the truth, Nigerian security will remain useless

[/b]

who was there before GEJ? Or Boko Haram started today?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING BEING TRIBALISTIC BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT NOW

IF JONATHAN HAS DECIDED TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THE SOUTH AND HAS LEFT THE NORTH TO THEIR PREDICAMENT,HE SHOULD TELL US .LET US KNOW.
I AM TIRED OF THIS THREATS OF DIVISION,LET US KNOW THE WAY FORWARD,IF IT IS THE DIVISION SO BE IT.
THIS NATION IS JUST SINKING EVERYDAY
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by opuro(m): 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
we motorist in abuja are in trouble
any where you go now police go do your ex-ray befor they let you gO
nna wahala de o
dem no go collect 20 naira again o
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Iysayah(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2011
POTUT:

I disagree with you.
Nigerian leaders are empty-headed while Nigerian citizens are empty-willed.

Now, that's a better distribution of the emptiness.
that encapsulate it all. You are not farther from the truth, i quite still  remember a Sudanese philosopher who said Nigeria is like a gentle giant constantly pushed to the wall and would explode one day when the limit is exceeded.
i am still waiting for that prediction to come true.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by oderemo(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2011
but, where is the President? Someone asked this question a while ago
do we have one,?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by DaDoctor: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2011
@Ehie,
why cant this people let naija be in peace

they had their man in the elsctions and he lost out to majority vote.

now they are trying all they can to disrepute his regime, WHY??

Right from the day he stepped in as acting, THEY ALL WENT WILD AND STARTED BOMBING AS AN EXTRA CURRICULUM.

I advice GEJ to Do to them what OBJ DID TO ODI COMMUNITY IN BAYELSA.

It is too much of this bombers,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
xray ke, u can make plastic expllosives and believe me the bombs they make arent grenade,they cook them up
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by dejavus: 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
mekaboy:

This bombing in Abuja is not just about politics, its about religion. these activities are sponsored by a cartel of Islamic extremist and terrorist within and outside Nigeria.

you cant negotiate with this kind of people,  they dont need money, they are sponsored by multi-billionaires, they have been brains washed by religion.

Thats the difference between MEND and BOKO HARAM.   Mend is not a religious so their  demands will be more understood.  Trust me, if you ask these  BOKO HARAM people what they want from Nigeria, This will be their answers.

1, GEJ should step down and have a muslim take over

2, GEJ should become a muslim.

I still point this to the source of the container load of explosives that was discovered in Nigeria, The sss know the truth, they know those who imported, those explosives into the country. Until people begin to vomit the bribes they have taken and say the truth, Nigerian security will remain useless

Nigerians will never cease to amaze me, making definitive and categorical statements like This with no evidence whatsoever to back  it up is not only childish and silly but alarming as well.

I hope the man at the elms of Affairs does not think this way also, why am I even surprised,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
@DA DOCTOR

I AM NOT ON THE SAME PAGE WITH U,ANY SMALL THING THE SOUTH WILL SAY THEY HAVE THE OIL,PLEASE GO WITH UNA OIL.NIGERIA SURVIVED BEFORE OIL AND WE HAVE JUST BECOME LAZY
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by forkadict(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
werepeLeri:

D u m b
Obviously, you are one of the idi.otic bast.ards that voted that dumb JEJ into power abi? You never jam. I talk true you say na dumb abi? Wait until boko haram bomb all your family members in one day.Then you go know say na true i talk. Stoooooooopid goat! God punish you!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by chopper(m): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2011
Who knows where the IGP went to. Maybe one of his social visits like the one of BANKOLE!!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2011
Six people so far confirmed dead! BBC
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
@DA DOCTOR
JONATHAN IS NOT DOING CRAP,PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYDAY HE IS BUSY DOING JAMBOREE, AND U WANT TO LET HIM BE.HE IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE LIVES AND PROPERTY OF NIGERIA.
HE WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE TILL HE ACCOUNTS FOR THIS CRAP THAT IS GOING ON
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2011
WHY IS HE SILENT?
didnt this happen in abuja?
where the heck is the president?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by chopper(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
IGP , please resign!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
he as c and c should come out and calm Nigerians, no speech,no state house conference no nothing, we are just talking and speculating and u say u have a leader, no u have a joke as a president
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by BetaThings: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
c
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by BetaThings: 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2011
frosbel:

Quote from CNN

'A Muslim colleague of mine just told me saying,'Islam is a religion of peace'.Then i replied,'have you been in coma for decades?watch the P.M news and see the destruction your seriously religious pals do to babies,women daily in the name of Allah.Don't get this suicide bombers,why  would YOU want to blow yourself  up for 70+ virgins. Its so unreal and childish that i find it amusing.'[/b]
In whose name did Rev King act
The crusades?
The Gunpowder Plot?
The St Bartholomews day massacre?
The War of Religion
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by AroOkigbo(m): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
make all of una relax,
time to go about your normal legitimate businesses without any fear,

the police have said that "they are now on top of the situation, and will bring perpetrators to justice" grin
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Guyman02: 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
[b]Bomb[/b]ko Haram, the are angry with the IGs statement that he has donated armoured personel carriers to Borno State police to fight them and had to show him that himself is not free from their unslaught.
Everyone has to be security conscious because the almajiris are on rampage. The Almajiri syndrome was left to simer over the years because the northern elite have been using them as political tools; now the dog the allowed to become wild is also after them.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Lovexme(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
If such can happen in Police headquaters in Abuja, then nowhere in Nigeria is safe! Something needs to be done in our darling country and FAST!!.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by BetaThings: 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2011
Whitehorse:

A lot of you guys are being really silly!

Why were there no bomb blasts like this during Yaradua's time?

Why did these blasts start and intensify now that a non Northern is the president?

Do you think an average dirt poor, uneducated muslim (aka Almajiri) in Northern acts without EXPLICIT instructions?

Have you all so soon forgotten what Atiku et al said about making Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ?

Anyway, i dont blame the bombers, GEJ is too laid back! They would not have tried this nonsense with OBJ. Ask the people in Odi.

Nonsense!!!

Boko Haram came into national consciousness during Yaradua's time
It was under Yaradua regime that their leader was arrested by the Army and handed over to the Police who procedded to kill him right inside their police station
That may inform why they often the target the police
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
Police PRO, Mr Amore, said police suld nt be blamed, rather suld be comended fo averting heavy casualty n today's attack! Today s a visitng day n police HQ.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Emmysteve(m): 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2011
muslim muslim muslim let us be. Na by force?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by olapluto(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
Has Ringim resigned yet? Count down to Ringim's resignation now,
Oh I forgot the IGP position is zoned!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
Kogidi joojo! kodijeeje!

Next presido go go visiting the relatives of victims speak fisherman grammer and promise to bring the perpetrators to book as ussual, dashing them 5m!

Madam umblella go go visiting the victims, speak glammer to the relatives of the victims[i][/i] and asssure them that she is also a victim of the bomb blast!

David mark go go visiting speak politician grammer and end it with "its very unfortunate"

I guess the next level na airports, national assembly, airforce base, governor's ofices, fct minister office, etc!

We are in deep shiii-t!

FRESH AIR 2011 - Na so we see am!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by okemmadu(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
Police confirmed 15 people dead, Radio Nigeria Network News
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by JaaizTech: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mr. President should be held responsible for all the security matters, He is the chief security officer of the Nation. The believe that one Northern Oligarchy is the one ruling this country is no longer tenable; Nigerians voted in GEJ and not any northern oligarchy, Jonathan we have given you the power to quash this blood-thirsty animals and we expect nothing less.

Mr. President you have erred by not declaring a state of emergency in Borno; and now Boko-Haram is advancing and spitting in your face. It is time to create a lock down in Borno and deploy 100 thousand soldiers in there to ransack the state. This people operate in broad day light, on motor cycles and yet we can't track their base and bomb it.

Drastic measures are required to nip this scourge in the bud, Govt. needs to invest in CCTV cameras, we just can't do without it, the INEC database needs to be transferred to the SSS and augmented. I expect the police to be able to get the plate numbers of the cars used in the explosion, the person it is registered to and track the person down and if the plate is fake I expect them to be able to track down the importer of the car from custom records trace it from the first buyer to the last buyer.

We can nip this in the bud; we just have to be ready to work and work seriously.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by md4real(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2011
Emmysteve:

muslim muslim muslim let us be. Na by force?
shut up, why not ask MEND to leave us alone? just because the useless police force blamed boko haram, you all not thinking straight, http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/fresh-hostilities-in-niger-delta-jonathan-tompolo-ex-militant-leaders-vs-okah-mend/ might give you a CUE ON WHO IS DOING THIS
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by lastpage: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
The Bomber did not CRASH INTO the IGP's convoy (he/she was 3cars behind the IGP) because "he" wanted to cause "maximum damage"!
How, if he crashed into the convoy, he might have killed the IGP (50-50 probability) and a few officers, at the maximum.

But know the mentality of Nigerians (crowding, hero-worshiping, looking/staring at events! grin ), he was waiting to enter the IGP's H/Quarters with the attention that would "generate" and the crowd it will attract and then BOOM!

Luckily, he saw that he was just about to be detected and he had no choice than to go BOOM!.,, at that moment.

Now, this happening at the "center" of National Security, shows that the NATION has failed and those saddled with the "task of INTELLIGENCE GATHERING (NSA, SSS, in particular) have no clue, what their job means.

In simple terms, they are "Not Fit For Purpose". Why then do we continue to waste fund on such enterprise and its clueless occupants?
Does it take 100yrs to "know what is required and employ qualified people' for National Security?

Na waa O!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by JaaizTech: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
BetaThings:

Boko Haram came into national consciousness during Yaradua's time
It was under Yaradua regime that their leader was arrested by the Army and handed over to the Police who procedded to kill him right inside their police station
That may inform why they often the target the police

Now that is what I am talking about with an OBJ on sit I am sure the BOKO HARAM themselves will be feeling the heat. GEJ needs to be stronger and damning. Forget politics, I know the north will rise and accuse FG of not declaring state of emergency in Niger-Delta, but at this rate we just have to damn that, otherwise this country will consume itself. BOKO-HARAM needs to be hit very hard. Track down their bases and bomb it, Fire for Fire.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by JaaizTech: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
lastpage:

The Bomber did not CRASH INTO the IGP's convoy (he/she was 3cars behind the IGP) because "he" wanted to cause "maximum damage"!
How, if he crashed into the convoy, he might have killed the IGP (50-50 probability) and a few officers, at the maximum.

But know the mentality of Nigerians (crowding, hero-worshiping, looking/staring at events! grin ), he was waiting to enter the IGP's H/Quarters with the attention that would "generate" and the crowd it will attract and then BOOM!

Luckily, he saw that he was just about to be detected and he had no choice than to go BOOM!.,, at that moment.

Now, this happening at the "center" of National Security, shows that the NATION has failed and those saddled with the "task of INTELLIGENCE GATHERING (NSA, SSS, in particular) have no clue, what their job means.

In simple terms, they are "Not Fit For Purpose". Why then do we continue to waste fund on such enterprise and its clueless occupants?
Does it take 100yrs to "know what is required and employ qualified people' for National Security?

Na waa O!
One way to go will be to fire either IG himself or the NSA then whoever steps into their shoes will know we mean real business. This is how it is done

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Clearing Boko Haram Enclaves Within Sambisa Forest (Photos) / Update On Awka Flyovers, Anambra State / President Muhammadu Buhari Visits Ebonyi State (Live Picture Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.