Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% (5955 Views)

"Don't Take My Bible Away!" Shocking Arrest Of Peaceful Street Preacher / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Throw Your Bible Away If You Don't Believe In The Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 6:52am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Good. That means, the Mesopotamia is older.

Now, help him to be doing research and study well. The same flood story he speaks about was in the legend of ancient Mesopotamia and ancient China. That means such story was already in circulation before Moses was born. Making Moses the sole owner of the flood story is lack of study. Moses must have learnt it in school, Egypt has same legend.

What you should do when reading Bible is to seek for theology not history or science. That is the safe way to know what its being taught. Moses only used the story to explain theology, God's plan for humanity.

Hence, HardMirror premise are too faulty to even be considered. Whether the flood happens or not is not my own issue but it's exposes his lack of research and proper study of the ancient world. And you can't criticize the Bible successfully without a deep understanding of their world.

In conclusion the flood story, predate even the China and Egypt that HardMirror used as his yardstick to measure if it happened or not. If Mesopotamia can have it as legend, and Mesopotamia is the region where we have the very first development of writings. that should let you know that such story predate the discovery of human letters, alphabet and ability of man to write things down. At best they were orally transmitted and we may never be able to ascertain how long it has existed.
flood story predates china and egypt that has been in existence for for than the 4000bc the bible claims Adam and eve were even in the garden?

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Boomboost(m): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
it is not a waste of time. Seun was one of those that helped me to finally become an atheist. I had many questions as a christian I was seeing the lies but I was very afraid. Nairaland helped me to drop the lies of religion. My posts can help someone, it is not a waste of time. I wont stop posting and exposing these lies

Everyone should dump religion but are you subtly saying, you don't believe in the Spirit of creation, God!

God is not Christian so don't allow a group of people confuse you o. Sometimes, I don't like Christians myself.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by alphaNomega: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2022
Saturn444:

It is actually a waste of your precious time if you think it's your responsibility to wake others up.

Study the human individual evolution and you'd realize that each person is going through a Cosmic school and will wake up at its threshold of understanding. It is inductive intelligence or tragedy that reset the human mind.

Don't waste your time.
It's not a waste of time. If people who figured out the fraid in religion kept quiet, you would not have heard about it.

I appreciate his effort

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by alphaNomega: 9:06am On Jan 04, 2022
khiaa:

I don't have a bride price and the church is not a building you go to on Sundays. That is all man's doing not Yah's.
who or what is yah?
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
flood story predates china and egypt that has been in existence for for than the 4000bc the bible claims Adam and eve were even in the garden?

Put your comment right. It's not clear.

Are you arguing the flood story to predate China? Let me get you right

And also, give me a text where Bible claimed Adam was in eden by 4000bc.

Kindly state likewise if this is your research and study or what you were taught.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 9:36am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Kindly state likewise if this is your research and study or what you were taught.
no point discussing with you any further. You are just too ignorant. So you dont know how many years from jesus to David, from David to abraham, from Adam to abraham, you dont know how it is calculated and the source of the data from the bible? What a joke. And these are the guys that want us to take them serious as Christians. You dont even read your bible?

You are not serious at all. Be asking me stupid questions dont go and read your bible be expecting me to tell you how we know it is 4000 years from adam to jesus

2 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

see stupid questions that are exposing you as ignorant of the bible you carry about. What a pity. Keep asking me
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 04, 2022
alphaNomega:
It's not a waste of time. If people who figured out the fraid in religion kept quiet, you would not have heard about it.

I appreciate his effort
And your appreciation can feed his dogs I must say.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
no point discussing with you any further. You are just too ignorant. So you dont know how many years from jesus to David, from David to abraham, from Adam to abraham, you dont know how it is calculated and the source of the data from the bible? What a joke. And these are the guys that want us to take them serious as Christians. You dont even read your bible?

You are not serious at all. Be asking me stupid questions dont go and read your bible be expecting me to tell you how we know it is 4000 years from adam to jesus

Please try answer the stupid QUESTION Sir. I agreed its stupid but answer it. I asked you two things

1. Do you mean China is older than the flood story historically.

2. Give me a text of the Bible where you see that the Adam was existing 4000BC.

Don't always result to abuse when you are questioned. It exposes that fact that you have inherent issue with the Bible not just about knowledge but other things best known to you.

Let's discuss if you are sure of what you are saying and have read the Bible well, since you know I don't read it. Teach me by showing me my errors.

I will give you my stand here and then I expect you to answer my question to know how to help your thoughts.

1. Flood story predates China even Mesopotamia as they have it in their legend. Hence your comparison of China civilization to negate the flood story is on false ground.

2. Bible never stated anywhere, that Adam lived 4000BC. Else show me where.

And if you or any researcher is stating that, let us examine it wisely. You are making the same mistake you claimed to run away from. Being brainwashed with information without reasoning it out yourself.

So, please answer the question. It's a discussion don't be tensed always.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
see stupid questions that are exposing you as ignorant of the bible you carry about. What a pity. Keep asking me

Please answer the stupid QUESTION Sir.

It seems you want to escape from being questioned. You abuse the Christians for doing this but you are doing same now. Don't result to abuse. Answer it Sir.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2022
alphaNomega:
who or what is yah?

The Creator of all Creations, the Alpha and the Omega.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Myer(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Well, I ask questions because I don't like assumptions. And always know this.

1. I also want to be sure not to assume people's thoughts. I want to be sure he is referring to the Bible and not assumptions.

2. I want to be able to reread from the Bible, the very passage or verse or story or events that is being focused on or discussed.

So, I need to know his text.

But on the timing of the flood, I have put it in my latest response to you.

No one can ascertain the timing. If it was taught as a legend in the ancient world of Mesopotamia, which is the cradle of civilization. Then we must be assured that the event, if it occurred, must have been in period when man knows nothing about writings but communicate orally. Hence the timing will always be disputed as the very events itself.

But using the scale of human populating the earth as at the time of the ancient east culture, we can arguably extrapolate that if such event truly happened before their time, not more than 1000 Souls worldwide would have experienced it.

Now ponder on how such events can be accurately preserved till man's civilization. The reason it will be on argument table till ages.

You have a point. But then it's your own opinion.
Like I earlier said, this timing was calculated and validated by Theologians who dedicated their lives to the study of the bible. Some even supposedly though the guidance and under the tutelage of the Holyspirit.

If I may ask, how did you come about this notion that the biblical chronology is wrong and not to be taken seriously?
Was it though a website or did the Holyspirit guide you into this your truth?
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

Like I earlier said, this timing was calculated and validated by Theologians who dedicated their lives to the study of the bible. Some even supposedly though the guidance and under the tutelage of the Holyspirit.

If I may ask, how did you come about this notion that the biblical chronology is wrong and not to be taken seriously?

1. You still make assumptions for me. I haven't said anything about the Bible chronology.

2. We are checking history now not even Bible per say. You can't hide under the Holyspirit claim and fault historical facts. No Holyspirit will give you such knowledge. The inspiration of the Bible never removed the limitation of man in their time, such as their science, their language, their culture. That's the beauty of the scriptures. And evidence that man was used of God to write

Now
The problem we have most times is we are adamant to change our position on history even when things get clearer. But the truth is changing your position and embracing historical facts, ancient culture and knowledge doesn't negate word of God or the work of the holyghost.

Bible is not a historical or scientific book. It's a theological book. That means I don't need to seek for accuracy on the history of events even though it should be interpreted to align with historical evidences. Also it may fail in some scientific facts because it's not a science book and scientific knowledge start developing years after it's written. Hence I should not be afraid to relook at the scriptures to understand better in the light of the evidences at hand.

E. G. Joshua sun stopped, was a knowledge of their days. That's is what the scientist, the atheist of their days will also write. But we have better light now. It will now be wrong for me to be adamant and say such facts are wrong and keep claiming its the sun that stopped instead of the earth. This is where some failed and I mean both theist and atheist.

So, what is the take here.

I am not giving you my opinion I am giving you what we can see when we bring.

1. Historical evidences
2. Scientific evidences
3. Human accounts

Together, and align with Bible timeline to be able to adjust properly the timing of events. Because the writer weren't fixative on accounting for dates or years, or science, they are fixative on explaining God's plan for humanity. And that should be our focus.

NB
History put Mesopotamia as the earliest civilization even before China

https://kids.britannica.com/students/article/ancient-civilization/272856

And like I said. The flood story was in their legend and also in legend of all ancient civilization.

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Great_Flood

So it could never have happened during the rise of ancient China as posited by HardMirror. His error is from reading the chronology in the scriptures as if the writer were writing history and have the most accurate tool to keep dates. Keeping dates is more scientific than art.

Bear in mind. Chronology from Adam to Joseph must have been transmitted orally as the writer and audience never met them but were taught from generation to generation. Preserving such dates accurately, will be an herculean task. Yet this doesn't remove a single fact from God's plan, purpose and inspiration for humanity.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Please answer the stupid QUESTION Sir.

It seems you want to escape from being questioned. You abuse the Christians for doing this but you are doing same now. Don't result to abuse. Answer it Sir.
yes I want to escape. Bye bye. Why should I be wasting my time with someone that does not even read his bible. You are nothing but a poser. What makes you think you can even be discussing bible issues with me when you dont even know how the biblical events are dated. What a joke if you like mention me 1million times na you sabi. I will rather answer more knowledgable Christian's. What nonsense. You think saying I want to run away would force me to keep answering you.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 10:57am On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

imagine that guy o. I did not even know he is this ignorant and he wants to be discussing bible
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 10:58am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
yes I want to escape. Bye bye. Why should I be wasting my time with someone that does not even read his bible. You are nothing but a poser. What makes you think you can even be discussing bible issues with me when you dont even know how the biblical events are dated. What a joke if you like mention me 1million times na you sabi. I will rather answer more knowledgable Christian's. What nonsense. You think saying I want to run away would force me to keep answering you.

grin grin

Please Sir. Answer my question. I don't need to be dragging who read Bible pass with you. This isn't necessary. What I need from you is proper discussion. Since you know I haven't read it. Show me where it is. That's all I needed from you. Or are we fighting? �

You want to share knowledge I guess. So answer my questions and let's discuss. Okay?
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Myer(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

1. You still make assumptions for me. I haven't said anything about the Bible chronology.

2. We are checking history now not even Bible per say. You can't hide under the Holyspirit claim and fault historical facts. No Holyspirit will give you such knowledge. The inspiration of the Bible never removed the limitation of man in their time, such as their science, their language, their culture. That's the beauty of the scriptures. And evidence that man was used of God to write

Now
The problem we have most times is we are adamant to change our position on history even when things get clearer. But the truth is changing your position and embracing historical facts, ancient culture and knowledge doesn't negate word of God or the work of the holyghost.

Bible is not a historical or scientific book. It's a theological book. That means I don't need to seek for accuracy on the history of events even though it should be interpreted to align with historical evidences. Also it may fail in some scientific facts because it's not a science book and scientific knowledge start developing years after it's written. Hence I should not be afraid to relook at the scriptures to understand better in the light of the evidences at hand.

E. G. Joshua sun stopped, was a knowledge of their days. That's is what the scientist, the atheist of their days will also write. But we have better light now. It will now be wrong for me to be adamant and say such facts are wrong and keep claiming its the sun that stopped instead of the earth. This is where some failed and I mean both theist and atheist.

1. Historical evidences
2. Scientific evidences
3. Human accounts

Together, and align with Bible timeline to be able to adjust properly the timing of events. Because the writer weren't fixative on accounting for dates or years, or science, they are fixative on explaining God's plan for humanity. And that should be our focus.

NB

And like I said. The flood story was in their legend and also in legend of all ancient civilization.

So it could never have happened during the rise of ancient China as posited by HardMirror. His error is from reading the chronology in the scriptures as if the writer were writing history and have the most accurate tool to keep dates. Keeping dates is more scientific than art.

Bear in mind. Chronology from Adam to Joseph must have been transmitted orally as the writer and audience never met them but were taught from generation to generation. Preserving such dates accurately, will be an herculean task. Yet this doesn't remove a single fact from God's plan, purpose and inspiration for humanity.

I appreciate your submissions here. I really do.

My question however is, if you will go to this length to gain credence for the bible, why not do the same for other religious books with similar claims?

I mean it's obvious that according to biblical accounts Hardmirror and you have accepted that there are errors in the timing of the flood.

But one of the basic reasons for refuting other religions books is these nconsistencies.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Myer(m): 11:01am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
imagine that guy o. I did not even know he is this ignorant and he wants to be discussing bible

You have made a good and need I say,though-provoking evaluation, it's up to intelligent and wise Christian's to either refute your point or accept the error and apologise.

There are so many other questions that prove the bible unreliable, like they claim the bible was inspired by the Holyspirit, how did they have verbatim words that were written from first point perspectives when no one was actually writing?

Like the conversations between Abraham and Isaac when no one was documenting it.

The conversation between Moses and God. (Though they claim Moses wrote the Pentateuch) yet he wrote about himself dying.

The conversation between David and God. (Though David can be excused to be a writer).

The conversation between Elijah/Elisha and God when they were both not writing these.

The different accounts of the Synoptic gospels. Almost all the disciples were abused as being illiterate. Supposedly only Matthew was a literate, so who was writing every encounter with Jesus Christ and quoting his every word?
Yet they seem to have differing accounts of his birth, his miracles, his resurrection.

Study of the bible proves this and many more.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Now

1. Historical evidences
2. Scientific evidences
3. Human accounts

NB

will you keep quite and stop disgracing your self. So you are not away there is chronology in the bible? Na wa for all this half baked Christians here. I could help you with texts and e plain how you relate the chronology given in the bible but why waste my time on you? You guys just come here and start forming what you are not, you dont even know anything in the religion you are defending
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

You have made a good and need I say,though-provoking evaluation, it's up to intelligent and wise Christian's to either refute your point or accept the error and apologise.
this guy just dey annoy me this morning. Did not expect any serious Christian to be asking how dates are calculated in the bible. So he does not know there is chronology in the bible 2 in genesis, several in chronicles, and the last set in Matthew, he is waiting for me to start giving him the details and breakdowns. Damn!
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

I appreciate your submissions here. I really do.

My question however is, if you will go to this length to gain credence for the bible, why not do the same for other religious books with similar claims?

I mean it's obvious that according to biblical accounts Hardmirror and you have accepted that there are errors in the timing of the flood.

But one of the basic reasons for refuting other religions books is these nconsistencies.

1. HardMirror point was that flooding never existed because China was already civilized by then.

2. My point is, occurrence of the flood can't be ascertain because the flood event likely occur when there is no civilization at all.

It's two different points.

Also as per my submission. Notice i said the Bible is theology not science. Hence, consistency of the scriptures must be measured by its theology, it's prophecies not its history and science. This is where you are seeing inconsistency.

Until you start measuring it with its real intent, you will always see inconsistency. Because humanity will always evolve hence, science changes but theology must be same. Hence the issue with other religion. But as a principle, I don't discuss other religion especially public space.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
will you keep quite and stop disgracing your self. So you are not away there is chronology in the bible? Na wa for all this half baked Christians here. I could help you with texts and e plain how you relate the chronology given in the bible but why waste my time on you? You guys just come here and start forming what you are not, you dont even know anything in the religion you are defending

Bro. Hope there is no issue?

You aren't communicating like this. And it will affect your learning. You take things too personal the reason I found it hard to take you as an atheist. Anyone who is too emotional to religion discussion and claim to be an atheist is not really one. He is only battling some latent issue.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

1. HardMirror point was that flooding never existed because China was already civilized by then.

2. My point is, occurrence of the flood can't be ascertain because the flood event likely occur when there is no civilization at all.

It's two different points.

Also as per my submission. Notice i said the Bible is theology not science. Hence, consistency of the scriptures must be measured by its theology, it's prophecies not its history and science. This is where you are seeing inconsistency.

Until you start measuring it with its real intent, you will always see inconsistency. Because humanity will always evolve hence, science changes but theology must be same. Hence the issue with other religion. But as a principle, I don't discuss other religion especially public space.
point of correction. The flooding can be ascertained. The chronology of noah to abraham is given in the bible. The chronology of abraham to David is given in the bible, the chronology of David to Jesus is given in the bible. The period of jesus ministry till date can be verified. Even the creation of
hupernikao:

You aren't communicating like this. And it will affect your learning. You take things too personal the reason I found it hard to take you as an atheist. Anyone who is too emotional to religion discussion and claim to be an atheist is not really one. He is only battling some latent issue.
you need to calm down and learn o.
I want you to do a little work yourself dont be lazy. Jesus to david given in the bible. Find out
David to abraham given in the bible go and work yourself dont be a lazy christian
Noah to abraham given. Go and read ogbeni

Oya go and do that first. Stop being stubborn calm down and learn then u will explain why that data is not reliable but you need to do your research. Dont expect me to spoon feed you.

Same way you obviously dont bother reading links and dont watch videos I post here. It is always obvious from how you talk. You are quick to respond on issues you know nothing about, you dont read, you are not learning shit

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
HardMirror:
point of correction. The flooding can be ascertained. The chronology of noah to abraham is given in the bible. The chronology of abraham to David is given in the bible, the chronology of David to Jesus is given in the bible. The period of jesus ministry till date can be verified. Even the creation of you need to calm down and learn o.
I want you to do a little work yourself dont be lazy. Jesus to david given in the bible. Find out
David to abraham given in the bible go and work yourself dont be a lazy christian
Noah to abraham given. Go and read ogbeni

Oya go and do that first. Stop being stubborn calm down and learn then u will explain why that data is not reliable but you need to do your research. Dont expect me to spoon feed you.

Same way you obviously dont bother reading links and dont watch videos I post here. It is always obvious from how you talk. You are quick to respond on issues you know nothing about, you dont read, you are not learning shit

Now read this patiently. I have already gave my submission earlier to Myer on this. It will answer your quest and solve the issue you had in your explanation..

Read below.

Now

1. Historical evidences
2. Scientific evidences
3. Human accounts

NB

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Myer(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Now

1. Historical evidences
2. Scientific evidences
3. Human accounts

NB

I get you perfectly and I see your points.

But my question for you is this

You have claimed that the reason why the chronology cannot and should not be the basis for historical and scientific time calculations purpose is becaus the bible is a prophetic book.

However you failed to answer my most cogent question;

Your argument that the biblical chronology should not be used as a basis to date the flood or any other even, is this inspired by the Holyspiit, a Prophet or just you reading online?
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Myer(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Lol his reaction doesnt validate your point. Clearly a theist or misotheist cannot say most of the things he says.

He has chosen to identify as an atheist and you should not assume to know him better than what he professes.

It's analogous to me assuming your more of a Jew because you do not believe in the Holyspirit.
Even though I actually have evidence of yours yet I cannot conclude on you.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

I get you perfectly and I see your points.

But my question for you is this

You have claimed that the reason why the chronology cannot and should not be the basis for historical and scientific time calculations purpose is becaus the bible is a prophetic book.

However you failed to answer my most cogent question;

Your argument that the biblical chronology should not be used as a basis to date the flood or any other even, is this inspired by the Holyspiit, a Prophet or just you reading online?

God's inspiration doesn't stop us from using our senses. I have answered you and I state it again.

1. I study the Bible with proper mindset of the fact that it is the word of God, that is a theological and prophetic book.

2. I read it with a mindset of considering human history with Bible context and ascertain the events of their times. And also to understand prevalence culture of their time to help me interpret the Bible better. For example I knew from history that Moses wasn't the first to give law. Law existed before him. Infact the Hammurabi code written over 400 years before Moses was almost a duplicate of some part of the ceremonial law in Moses ordinance. Hence it means the people of the Bible were influenced by their environment just as it is TODAY. Yet this doesn't affect the intent of God's inspiration for us.

Words like
Worship
Altar
God
Temple

Were all borrowed language from culture. Yet they were used as element of inspiration of the scriptures.

3. My interpretation as any other person's interpretation of the scriptures must align with development, culture, language, practices and exposure of their time. Hence my argument and interpretation must align with this.

So I don't expect to see for example, Tesla I'm the Bible, or see tractor or see English as original language. That will tell me there is an error somewhere as that will fail the test of history. So, my explanation are guided by these facts.

I expect to see trees, fruits, garden, rivers, mountains etc prevalence on the writing because the culture of their time is agrarian in nature. Hence the reason you see these terms used in explaining God's realities. Hence reading fruits doesn't have to be fruit to eat, it's a usage to explain an intent. And the best words the author can borrow is what they had in their culture. Fruits.

4. Lastly, what I take as inspiration, is that which the Holyspirit is concerns with, and that will not change in my interpretation irrespective fo the history, time, culture and events. That inspiration is the same. History may adjust Bible timeline, science may adjust prevalent secular knowledge of their time but nothing of these will affect the intent of the writing, God's plan, God's inspiration and the work of the Holyspirit on the earth.

This is what forms my theology.
So, in conclusion, I am just a student of the word, learning God's word with the help of His spirit to know more.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Myer:

Lol his reaction doesnt validate your point. Clearly a theist or misothesis cannot say most of the things he says.

He has chosen to identify as a theist and you should not assume to know him better than what he professes.

It's analogous to me assuming your more of a Jew because you do not believe in the Holyspirit.
Even though I actually have evidence of yours yet I cannot conclude on you.

grin grin

LoL at "I don't believe in the Holyspirit".

If I start discussion on the holyghost, it's still NL team that will say mine is too much.

If you have read me well always, you will know that I do not only believe in the holyghost, I make practice of his presence, ability, gifts and His work.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

This is what forms my theology.
So, in conclusion, I am just a student of the word, learning God's word with the help of His spirit to know more.

Atheism was established when Satan convinced Eve that herself and her husband don't need God for any reason.
Ever since then people having faith have been strengthening their faith through the gathering of God's people.
There's a tin line between whoever doesn't believe in the gathering of God's people and atheists because all what atheists have wanted is to be their own god so nobody tells them what to do neither do they try to live up to any form of standard putting them under any form of restraint in relation to others.

So FAITH in God's word begins in knowing God's will for His obedient people and nobody can have such faith without first knowing how to associate with God's people then join them in doing His will.

Just tell an atheist that setting up his/her own personal theology is OK and see them accept you as their dearest friend, with that there's no reason to argue about the existence of God anymore.
WHY?
Each person is free to be his/her own God! Genesis 3:5 smiley
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Rosement(f): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
I have created a thread so that we can deliberate on the creation of the universe. It is better to start from the foundation.
https://www.nairaland.com/6922611/out-options-pick-one-believe
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Image123(m): 5:09am On Jan 05, 2022
hupernikao:

Well you never addressed my points. But I will still treat your thoughts as separate.

Which of the chronology is he basing his assumption on. That will help us streamline his error.

Myer:

He based his calculations on biblical chronology.
Why does the bible give chronologies if according to you they're not meant to be taken seriously?

Lol, on Bible chronology or on some theologians chronology? Are all theologians in agreement? You have a Bible and you study it, which makes you a theologian in your class too. Maybe you should help him or us with this startling chronology so that we can throw away our Bibles on time.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by hupernikao: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2022
Image123:

Lol, on Bible chronology or on some theologians chronology? Are all theologians in agreement? You have a Bible and you study it, which makes you a theologian in your class too. Maybe you should help him or us with this startling chronology so that we can throw away our Bibles on time.

I don't get you well. Or likely the message is not for me. Kindly clarify this

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

It's Palm Sunday - Blessed Is He Who Comes In The Name Of The Lord / BBC Investigation Unveils Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua’s Atrocities, Life Of / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.