Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' (23401 Views)

If You Don't Win Soul You Are Not A Christian? / Frank Edwards With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (Photo) / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BERNIMOORE: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
CSTRR:

When Bar-jesus the sorcerer was contesting with apostle Paul for the souls of a city, Paul commanded blindness upon him.

Acts 13:10-11 NKJV
and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and [b]you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.” And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand[/b]

So Paul was not concerned about his soul before commanding him to go blind?

Are you kidding me? grin grin so when you read that part that he went blind you forgot to clarify if the purnishment is forever or temporary, as usual it was a temporary blindness, paul still give empathy to when he eventually regain his sight because its not a parmanent blindness, then he can have a rethink..please check the bolded blue above IN YOUR OWN QUOTED VERSE..You can see that paul was conforming with the command of christ, that he doesnt want a sinner to be destroyed but have repentance, its only God that destroys
Paul himseld was blinded temporarily when he was opposing Gods people, then later the blindness fade away and he changed his name to paul.....please read Bible and understand, this is what you get when you swallow in wholesale church doctrines rather than reading and understand on your own.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by GUNITGuy: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
livinbygrace:
Oga Na grammar you Dey blow .Some people are naturally wicked and no matter what you do Dey will never repent and you are just wasting your time.They derive joy in seeing people cry or suffer .A guy very close to me once told me that he has wicked mind and he derives joy in seeing people suffer even if you do your best to please him,na so I run for my dare life.so you expect that kind human being to live ?.Dem never touch you before.Well,I know blame you ,by the time hand touch you ,you will understand better
Op have never seen when 5 children of the same family in different countries abroad run mad all within the the same day and met at the Nigerian airport at the same time.......If you see one nobody go tell am
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Oga wey no sabi...

When they say something(spirit) should die, they didn't mean it literally.

To die mean to render it powerless, harmless and so on..

Just like saying someone is dead to me; it doesn't mean the person is still not living

Marvellsmart:
, Oga Sabinus, spirits dey die?
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
tolue42:
Seriously, some of this celebrities are ignorance self, it's the demonic spirit in them that need to die by fire...

You guys love fooling yourselves. How do you kill a demon?
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
To the chairman of ignoramus

Lol.... what correction ?

To die means to render it powerless, harmless and so on..

Just like saying someone is dead to me; it doesn't mean the person is still not living

timefarm:

My friend you are the one demonstrating ignorance.
Do spirits die?
Take correction and move on.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Well, I am glad you get the picture.

Those ones might not know the real meaning of *die* when used.

blaquebelle:

Brother I understand where you're coming from but I can also prove to you that some people intend for their enemies to actually die. I cannot count how many times I heard testimonies such as this, while growing up in MFM
" I prayed by fire and thunder of God and poured some anointing oil on the black cat at my window the other night. The next day, I got a call that my evil grandmother in the village had dropped dead. Praise the Lord!"
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BERNIMOORE: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
CSTRR:

Or when an angel of God struck down Herod with worms, the same Herod who killed James, arrested Peter and would have killed more.

Your and Frank Edwards have a shallow knowledge of God.

You think God that answers those prayers don't know what he is doing?
If it doesn't work, you think people will keep praying it?

You even embarrased yourself more on Herod Issue....Because Nobody prayed or pronounced his sudden death. he Only crossed his boundary....self inflicted, by himself he compare his own Voice with that of God, Taking Gods own glory....and Gods angel struck him....no record shows that someone command that

please, stop embarrasing yourself...stop following pastors command agains Jesus commands

Mathew 5:44
New King James Version
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

SO WHOSE COMMAND WILL YOU FOLLOW? YOUR PASTOR OR JESUS?

Mathew 28:20....teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Onewazobia(m): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kylce042:

Suffer not a witch to live flesh and body die by fire
Why do you quote Bible arbitrarily? Can you honestly say that you followed the instructions/pro to the verse you quote above Exo.22
Another question for you between Moses and Jesus who is greater?
How did Jesus prayed and how did HE taught you to pray?
May our eyes be open to the totality of His truth. Ameen
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by kokomilala(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
@SirBastine, why are u asking me a prejudicial question? Didn't u read Exodus 12?Whee did I mention that Moses asked God to kill them? Or,did I imply that God obliged Moses? You just spewed out this drivel because u felt you're entitled to an opinion- which lacks substance in from and content.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BoverLY: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
blaquebelle:

Brother I understand where you're coming from but I can also prove to you that some people intend for their enemies to actually die. I cannot count how many times I heard testimonies such as this, while growing up in MFM
" I prayed by fire and thunder of God and poured some anointing oil on the black cat at my window the other night. The next day, I got a call that my evil grandmother in the village had dropped dead. Praise the Lord!"

Now that's grandma has dies has ur problem finish. Problems dey finish for life?

If u kill 100 enemies today.. 500 will come out tomorrow.
Spirits don't die.
U are only killing innocent bodies whose evil spirit engege..
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
Were you trying to quote me ?

If yes, please do it well so that I can get your mention

Onewazobia:
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2022

HedwigesMaduro:

You guys love fooling yourselves. How do you kill a demon?
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
He is not a xtain and he trying to throw confusing upandan
I had to check his previous posts too to confirm...

GUNITGuy:

Op have never seen when 5 children of the same family in different countries abroad run mad all within the the same day and met at the Nigerian airport at the same time.......If you see one nobody go tell am
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
When they say something(spirit) or demons should die, they didn't mean it literally.

KingWarri:

Does a spirit [immortal] dies??!?!
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2022

tunjijones:

You can imagine someone that went to church to start praying that the boss in the office that is giving her problem to die by fire, am sure you know those kind of pple don't reason normally. I have talked to her several times to no avail.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BERNIMOORE: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Onewazobia:

Why do you quote Bible arbitrarily? Can you honestly say that you followed the instructions/pro to the verse you quote above Exo.22
Another question for you between Moses and Jesus who is greater?
How did Jesus prayed and how did HE taught you to pray?
May our eyes be open to the totality of His truth. Ameen

This paticular line (bold) kills their arguments

Answer
OUR LORDS PRAYER
Mathew 6:11-12
11. Give us this day our daily bread.
12. and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.

PRAYER POINT....OUR FORGIVING OTHERS, IS A FUNCTION OF OUR OWN FORGIVENESS FOM GOD
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by SirBastine: 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
kokomilala:
@SirBastine, why are u asking me a prejudicial question? Didn't u read Exodus 12?Whee did I mention that Moses asked God to kill them? Or,did I imply that God obliged Moses? You just spewed out this drivel because u felt you're entitled to an opinion- which lacks substance in from and content.

My point is, instead of wasting time telling God whom (enemy) to kill in the name of prayer ...., It's better to channel the energy in praying for what you need as a human in accordance to God's will. Let God decide what to do with the enemy. Praying for God's protection is enough of a prayer against any imaginary enemy ..... Praying for someone to die makes you more or less a wizard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Onewazobia(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
What about those testimonies that floods our pulpits; "after ....days of fasting and prayer my wicked uncle die" the wicked elders in my family died as a result of my prayer etc.
Between their salvation and death irrespective of the evil they must have done which one is more beneficiary to heaven?
Let my enemy die type of prayer is a man made system, Peter, Paul, James, Mathin Luther (the German Reformer), John The Beloved etc. Experience more fierce opposition and witchcraftry than what we are experience in our days yet no such prayer like was found in their letters to other brethren.
Decades ago people go in to fasting and prayer for their brethren (blood relations) that are into occult to come into the knowledge of truths. There are terrorists who have been saved both witthin and outside our nation who have come to the knowledge of truth through prayers.
Have you ever reason/checked who prayed for Saul/Paul? If you are the one been afflicted by Saul today what type of prayer will you pray?
May God give us understanding in Jesus mighty name

[/quote]
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BoverLY: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mountain 1. A guy prays and fasting against a enemy who is on a Mountain 2 praying against his enemies too.

Firstly findout who is are ur enemies. Cos u can be urself enemies for years without u knowing. That's why ur enemies nt dying and ur life dnt move farword..

People recycles in foolishness with self destruction..
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by descarado: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
cliqtips:

Maybe you don't listen to testimonies.
Maybe you don't listen to pastors gloat over how how their prayers eliminated the enemies.

Since its the opposite, why do pastors give such testimonies?

To make the congregations see them as powerful?
Congregations on the other hand replies on every breath from their pastors not the bible so they follow their pastors footsteps.

My dear, find yourself in a society that care for their own, you have hope for tomorrow for yourself and family members, with time, you will forget all these so called aggressive prayers.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Onewazobia(m): 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please were does this error emanate from?
Was never a style of praying during the early disciples nor have I come across any of such instruction in the 1st down to 19th century writings
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by timefarm(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
cliqtips:

To the chairman of ignoramus

Lol.... what correction ?

My friend stop shifting goal post.

It was when people started opening you people mumu eyes to the scriptures that you now saw how unscriptural the prayer is and looking for one excuse up and down.

Pray to render them powerless directly in your life not for someone (or as you claim some spirit) should die.

Liken I said earlier, Your level of Ignorance will not allow you take the correction.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by cliqtips: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
timefarm:

Pray to render them powerless directly in your life not for someone (or as you claim some spirit) should die.

From this your statement..

I can see you're confused and this will be the very last mention you will get from you.

Because it's now obvious you can not comprehend and you don't read to understand.

Just keep it moving...
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by timefarm(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
cliqtips:

From this your statement..

I can see you're confused and this will be the very last mention you will get from you.

Because it's now obvious you can not comprehend and you don't read to understand.

Just keep it moving...
Thank you.
Atleast you have no other way to spin it to.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by CSTRR: 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
BERNIMOORE:

You even embarrased yourself more on Herod Issue....Because Nobody prayed or pronounced his sudden death. he Only crossed his boundary....self inflicted, by himself he compare his own Voice with that of God, Taking Gods own glory....and Gods angel struck him....no record shows that someone command that

please, stop embarrasing yourself...stop following pastors command agains Jesus commands

Mathew 5:44
New King James Version
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

SO WHOSE COMMAND WILL YOU FOLLOW? YOUR PASTOR OR JESUS?

Mathew 28:20....teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Nobody prayed for it?

Have you forgotten that when Herod attested Peter, the Church was praying for him to be released?

Are you going to tell God how to answer prayer?

God took him out of the way because he was a mortal hindrance.
God was not concerned about his salvation.
He ended the life of Herod.
There is no difference if Peter had asked that any power that wants to kill him should die.

The result is the same. That was what God did.

God asked us to love our enemies.
Very true.

People that offend us or hate us. People around us that don't form a mortal threat to us, but just don't like us.
Maybe your neighbor at home or at work.
Just general human relationships.

Yes, we are to love them and forgive them, even if they offend us or hurt us.
That is scriptural.

But there is nowhere God asked us to forgive something that has sworn to severely harm or destroy you and is working actively towards it.

That is spiritual foolishness.

God has shown us examples in the Bible.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by bunlizlaw(f): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
adetayoonas:
God bless MFM.
It's d spirit behind d evil we pray against.

Yes o, pls tell them grin.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by CSTRR: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
Get up, take the Child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel; for those who sought the Child’s life are dead.”

Matt2:20

Another Herod in the Bible wanted to kill Jesus, God told them to take Jesus and run.

When God finished with Herod, he asked them to run back to Israel.

God did not worry about the salvation of Herod.

As long as he consitutued a mortal threat to his child, Herod had to go.

Praying for Herod to die would have had the same effect.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by CSTRR: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
timefarm:

Thank you.
Atleast you have no other way to spin it to.
Do you know there are people that sworn their soul to the devil?
Human beings like you.

There is no going back to Jesus for them.

If they sit down on your matter, it is either you or them.

If you lose guard, sorry is your name.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by bjtinz: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
All those twisting Scriptures to suit thier murderous narrative should remember they are alive because, while still in the world, someone didn't pray for you to 'die by fire'. undecided
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by bjtinz: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
CSTRR:

Nobody prayed for it?

God was not concerned about his salvation.
He ended the life of Herod.
There is no difference if Peter had asked that any power that wants to kill him should die.

The result is the same. That was what God did.

God asked us to love our enemies.
Very true.

People that offend us or hate us. People around us that don't form a mortal threat to us, but just don't like us.
Maybe your neighbor at home or at work.
Just general human relationships.

Yes, we are to love them and forgive them, even if they offend us or hurt us.
That is scriptural.

But there is nowhere God asked us to forgive something that has sworn to severely harm or destroy you and is working actively towards it.

Hmmm I dey fear una ooo shocked
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Allisgud: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
No mind am,shebi him don break thru
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2022
nkemchineke:
Aunty, let’s say u have a daughter, and a thief enters ur house and is about to rape ur daughter, and u remember u have a gun in ur room, will u bring out the gun and shoot him, or will ube praying.??
Answer? As there are physical enemies,so are they spiritual enemies.
You don't have a quarter of the enemies I have. At my work place, I see vile scheming against me. Most times I just watch and I look away, knowing that my destiny is in no man's hands.
I find it difficult to pray evil against my enemies because I can't even stomach negativity for anyone.
The analogy you site up here is quite different. Very different. The circumstances differ alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible / What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.