Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,404 members, 7,850,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness (5600 Views)

Love Is Ruining My Life Please I Need Advice / My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice / Help Help Facebook Is Ruining My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Ola17: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2022
Decide2rise:
Don't be misled by that thought in you young man. God truly exists. Talking from my personal experiences

How can we prove this assertion?

Someone else can also claim that Santa exists, from his personal experiences.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Decide2rise: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2022
Ola17:

Satan also exists
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by ProfAmaben(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young Man, my Admonishment to you is to Genuiely Submit yourself to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.

Life is filled with anxiety, fears, Worries and Confusion.
JESUS Christ is what Fills that vaccum and Emptiness in Man.

You Must also understand that this World is not our Home. It's only a Pathway to our Eternal Destination which is Heaven or Hell.

The Decision we make here on Earth is what will decide our Eternal Destination.

Whoever turns his/her back on JESUS Christ, have Signed and Sealed him/herself for Eternal Destruction in Hell.

No signs or proof of your hellfire asides from referencing a Jewish book. Any God that can subject his creation to hell is evil.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Ola17: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Decide2rise:
Satan also exists

Spider-Man too, he exists.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Ayojideonline(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2022
talk2hb1:

You are a free man, religion is optional.
You have got to look within and answer if you truly believed everything you have heard about religion so far. Do your research and stick to what you know, deep down you will find your peace.
..... WORD !
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2022
Datboredberry:
Religion is bullshit... There's no God, it's just us...

Discovering this broke my heart... I was never a fanatic... Just too deeply inlove with Jesus Christ... I wanted to be a saint and a nun... grin

I'm still grateful... My faith kept me when all was messed up... My dad had left and i was a little kid...

Now, I'm working up the courage to tell my boyfriend I'm an Atheist... He thinks I'm a Catholic.

Your dad left. No wonder you're like this. So sorry...
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by switosman(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2022
There is nothing to prove... We are talking of happiness and religion will never give anyone happiness true faith will give one happiness. you can experiment it, stay away from religion for a while and gauge your happiness. Then again come to true faith and gauge your happiness. have you heard the Hymen; " Trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus" trust and obedience is mark of true faith.

Happiness is a state of the mind but Joy is a steady state of the heart, Heart here is the subconscious mind. The mind that controls the conscious mind. Decide to be deliberate to find happiness, seek true faith and gain "peace of mind" and "joy" and see how happy you will be forever.

What therapy will provide for you is the tools to learn and acquire a healthy mental habit.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Judybash93(m): 8:59am On Jan 16, 2022
Datboredberry:

Discovering this broke my heart... I was never a fanatic... Just too deeply inlove with Jesus Christ... I wanted to be a saint and a nun... grin

I'm still grateful... My faith kept me when all was messed up... My dad had left and i was a little kid...

Now, I'm working up the courage to tell my boyfriend I'm an Atheist... He thinks I'm a Catholic.

If you were to be my girlfriend and you open your mouth to tell me you're atheist, I'd take you to the nearest court and marry you with alacrity.
Female atheists are rare and should be protected at all cost.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Judybash93(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2022
Ola17:

It's common of theists to use personal incredulity as a way of proving the existence of their deity.

"There was a day when my car burnt to ashes but my Bible was not touched, my god is real!!!" undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by switosman(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2022
Judybash93:

If you were to be my girlfriend and you open your mouth to tell me you're atheist, I'd take you to the nearest court and marry you with alacrity.
Female atheists are rare and should be protected at all cost.

Dont be deceived, there is nothing like an atheist. Everybody believes in something, there is no middle ground. They make it up to grandstand for some philosophical reason.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by switosman(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2022
Datboredberry:
Nairalander's doomsday prophet...urrgh!!!

I still wonder why God always needs his middlemen... He can't just open the sky and speak...

This one is still in fantasy island from the way you reason.
one thing I like science for is the empirical, why not put your thoughts to a test.
Try out any rubbish that comes to your mind and note the outcomes, and at the end compare notes then make conclusions.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Myer(m): 9:58am On Jan 16, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young Man, my Admonishment to you is to Genuiely Submit yourself to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.

Life is filled with anxiety, fears, Worries and Confusion.
JESUS Christ is what Fills that vaccum and Emptiness in Man.

You Must also understand that this World is not our Home. It's only a Pathway to our Eternal Destination which is Heaven or Hell.

The Decision we make here on Earth is what will decide our Eternal Destination.

Whoever turns his/her back on JESUS Christ, have Signed and Sealed him/herself for Eternal Destruction in Hell.

What you just did here is what an extremist of Islam or Christianity or Judaism or any other religion is expected to do.

You do not have any word of knowledge or prophecy for him like the disciples of old did to make the gospel a reality. You simply want him to accept without asking questions or having validation of what you want him to believe.

God, Moses, Jesus, the Disciples do not want blind followers. They expect you to have a conviction in your heart that you're serving the one true God. And how can you have such conviction? By experiencing his power and presence.

All religions expect you simply to place your faith in them. Only Christianity gives you the manifestation of God's power.

Until you get to that point where God can manifest his presence and power through you, you should know that you're just being religious like an extremist of any religion.
The only difference between you and Jihadists and Boko Haram or the Crusaders is simply the fact that you have not resorted to killing for God.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by nerdfrost(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2022
Datboredberry:

Now, I'm working up the courage to tell my boyfriend
I'm an Atheist... He thinks I'm a Catholic.
I hope to meet a girl like u someday....every one in my house still thinks I'm Catholic
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by kwaso2: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2022
Adsexpert:
Honestly I don't know if am the only one.. this christainity of a thing is taking a toll on me..

I have anxiety and most times find it difficult to make decisions for myself or try to out my happiness first before others even though it's ruining me or not in my favor..

And I am trying to leave but still feel some intense fear , and that whenever I hear God Jesus, churches it begins to give me phobias..

Hell fire, the Jesus is coming of a thing and all those shits and voices in my head.. am so sick and tired of these ..

The best thing African parents should do to their children is letting them old enough, to decide if they want to be religious or not.. and not force them into anything..

Am thinking about it, like if something is giving me phobias and fears then I should stay sawy from it . Please don't bring in devil of a thing Rts is real
You are clearly a kid. Follow your parents and their beliefs when you are old enough, you will appreciate them
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by blahc007: 11:18am On Jan 16, 2022
Adsexpert:
Honestly I don't know if am the only one.. this christainity of a thing is taking a toll on me..

I have anxiety and most times find it difficult to make decisions for myself or try to out my happiness first before others even though it's ruining me or not in my favor..

And I am trying to leave but still feel some intense fear , and that whenever I hear God Jesus, churches it begins to give me phobias..

Hell fire, the Jesus is coming of a thing and all those shits and voices in my head.. am so sick and tired of these ..

The best thing African parents should do to their children is letting them old enough, to decide if they want to be religious or not.. and not force them into anything..

Am thinking about it, like if something is giving me phobias and fears then I should stay sawy from it . Please don't bring in devil of a thing Rts is real
Religion indeed have a track record of destroying people...
Bro...you are simply in the wrong church...hearing fearful messages, inspired by sentiments and emotions from the leaders..who have tied there lives around RELIGION.

If you have given your life to Christ, weather u join any particular church or decide to learn the word of God on your own by the help of the holy Spirit, bros...heaven is guaranteed.

Stop listening to all this hell hell messages.....it will frustrate u.

Stop listening to messages that threatens you...that's not God speaking...if God ever told u he loves you, he do.

THE DAY YOU REALISE THAT CHRISTIANITY WAS NEVER A RELIGION, BUT A LIFE STYLE....YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.

THIS KIND OF LIFE STYLE THAT GIVES YOU BOLDNESS AND MINDSET OF DOMINION OVER CIRCUMSTANCES ON EARTH, DONT YOU THINK IS WORTH LIVING?

but religion says the opposite....

Trully, Religion Ruins life.....Christ gives Life.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Judybash93(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2022
switosman:

Dont be deceived, there is nothing like an atheist. Everybody believes in something, there is no middle ground. They make it up to grandstand for some philosophical reason.

Of course, we all believe in something like i believe that air is a composition of gases even though i can't prove it but atheism on the other hand is the lack of believe in the existence of gods. So, how is it that there's nothing like an atheist.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

When you Cross over to the otherside without yielding yourself to what we speak here, you will wish you had listened to your "Doomsday prophet", but it will be Late.

Behave now and do the Needful.

Ever been there?

Your confidence is baffling.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Dliquidmetal(m): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2022
kwaso2:

You are clearly a kid. Follow your parents and their beliefs when you are old enough, you will appreciate them
fallacy of false assumption,you guys are amateurs. My man Workch,those fallacies you mentioned in your thread are what we are seeing on this thread lol
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Datboredberry:
For one day, how about you preach about love and heaven and eternal peace...

Do you even have an idea what heaven looks like? I'm sure you know about hell since that's the only thing most of you care for... How about heaven? Do you even know what God looks like? Because we all know the devil has two horns and a serpent's tongue and he carries a big fork... What about your precious God? undecided

Fear is stale... undecided

The only heaven that can be is the paradise you build on earth, just has others develop their planets in their own galaxies, it is our duty as humanity to make this place comfortable for us, for we have the same type of resources, but just like digital assets like nfts can't cross out of their world to ours, we can't leave our galaxy also, we are also a mathematical representation of the natural phenomenon, even our planet is a living thing and we are her children.

The earth is all we've got, there is no happiness after death but loneliness and loss of consciousness, except you have been cheated by someone who use you for ritual, then you may be conscious after death. The earth is all we've got that is why there is reincarnation, believe me, you will be doing something for the first time, and it will feel like you have done it before. The earth is all we've got and it is our duty to protect her from imploding like many other planet that has been scientifically proven to implode, the earth is a living thing, if we handle her the right way, she will live long!

I can even say the earth is the most intelligent of other planet in this galaxy because she reproduces herself, and we are her children.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by success97: 7:34am On Jan 17, 2022
blahc007:

Religion indeed have a track record of destroying people...
Bro...you are simply in the wrong church...hearing fearful messages, inspired by sentiments and emotions from the leaders..who have tied there lives around RELIGION.

If you have given your life to Christ, weather u join any particular church or decide to learn the word of God on your own by the help of the holy Spirit, bros...heaven is guaranteed.

Stop listening to all this hell hell messages.....it will frustrate u.

Stop listening to messages that threatens you...that's not God speaking...if God ever told u he loves you, he do.

THE DAY YOU REALISE THAT CHRISTIANITY WAS NEVER A RELIGION, BUT A LIFE STYLE....YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.

THIS KIND OF LIFE STYLE THAT GIVES YOU BOLDNESS AND MINDSET OF DOMINION OVER CIRCUMSTANCES ON EARTH, DONT YOU THINK IS WORTH LIVING?

but religion says the opposite....

Trully, Religion Ruins life.....Christ gives Life.

Adsexpert, blahc007 have said it perfectly.

If you need assistance you can send me a personal message here
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Rosement:
What will God gain from ruining your happiness? God wants you to be happy and fulfilled, He has good plans for you. Just serve Him truthfully and with honesty. Don't try to be a scientist just face what is important. The major commandment Jesus gave to us is love God with all your heart. You just have to love your neighbours genuinely to be able to achieve that.
(Matthew 22:36-40)
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 25: 35-46
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Jesus has done all the works for us already, what else do you want? He died for us 2,000 years old before we even existed that was before we could even do any works. Just like princes inherit their titles for their fathers without putting in any effort that is the same way salvation was giving to us as a gift by our Father and Lord.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our works are just evidence of our salvation. The same way we can identify a prince by his dressing, lifestyle or gestures, that is the same way a saved person is known by his works. When we reject salvation and embrace sin, we are like a princes that denounce their titles to live the life of slaves.
2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

all you said above is why must a prophet or human command love as if it's something to just be given.. or forced.. or maybe forced by his spirit into you?

It's just like saying a woman or your friend must love you .. unless you will have to kill him or make his life miserable... This is one thing I don't get about religion.. No forced things and such thing as not being complete without another person..

You know what that means, No free will , no freedom in your life . It sucks

This remains the truth and the main point am trying to prove is you all don't have a free will.. you all believe when God of the bible calls you that's the end you must love him by Force..

You condemn human for their behaviors and forcing love , you call people simp and you as a man can kill your fellow man for forcing a woman into loving him with physical or non physical abuse.. right?

Why do you all see what the bible God does to people good despite it appearing evil?
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
kwaso2:

Person weh don get 1 pikin na kid ? Wey deh with him woman and kid? See this one..
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Adsexpert: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
Rosement:
Even those that are truly obeying and serving God cannot boast. Take a look at what God said to Elijah.
(1 King 19:18) Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

If you believe in God it is for your own good, if you don't that is your own problem. I will not bear your name on the day of judgment, I can only advise you to do what is right but I cannot force you because God has given everyone of us freewill, we all have the power to make our decisions.

Just remember that live is short, some people saw yesterday but didn't see today, some of the people that saw today will not see tomorrow. We are all passers-by in this world, whether we die young or old, we are definitely going to die one day, death is inevitable. What really matters is where will go after we die.

Don't you understand that everything you have is not going into the grave with you. Even if you have all the money in the world and you are the most respected person in the world, you will still die one day whether you worship God or not. A lot of knowledgeable people are dead, a lot of scientists are dead, a lot of rich men are dead, a lot of great entrepreneurs are dead, a lot of celebrities and famous people are dead, etc. Even my great grandmother that lived for up to 100 years is dead, so what is life that we fancy it so much.

This proud body that is making us commit sin will eventually became dust again by then what will be left is our soul. If out of proud or ignorance you refuse to obey God while you are on earth, how will you feel if you discover that Heaven and hell is actually real when Jesus comes back or after your death? I hope you make the right decision before it's late.

May I ask you a question please..

How can a being without body or whom can't lift a single rock without the help or use of human be able to create a physical human with body??

Why not create one for himself and come here introducing himself..?? Or probably people will end up capturing him?

Or maybe the whole bible story is a lie saying he is a spirit
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Rosement(f): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adsexpert:

all you said above is why must a prophet or human command love as if it's something to just be given.. or forced.. or maybe forced by his spirit into you?

It's just like saying a woman or your friend must love you .. unless you will have to kill him or make his life miserable... This is one thing I don't get about religion.. No forced things and such thing as not being complete without another person..

You know what that means, No free will , no freedom in your life . It sucks

This remains the truth and the main point am trying to prove is you all don't have a free will.. you all believe when God of the bible calls you that's the end you must love him by Force..

You condemn human for their behaviors and forcing love , you call people simp and you as a man can kill your fellow man for forcing a woman into loving him with physical or non physical abuse.. right?

Why do you all see what the bible God does to people good despite it appearing evil?
If you do not like Buhari or want him to be your president, does that mean you will not be punished if you disobey the constitution of Nigeria? You are angry because God gave us freewill and He still wants us to keep His laws but you are not angry with the lawmakers that gave us freedom of expression but not freedom to commit crimes. Shouldn't crime become legal and go unpunished because it is ruining some people's happiness, some people cannot do some of things they want to do because of the fear of being caught?

If you have good moral values and you want to do the right things you will not hate laws. God is the creator of this world, He has every right to set rules for our peaceful coexistence. Do you expect God to permit injustice. How will this world be if there is nothing like sin or punishment for sin? If not for the rules God set, some people will be very wicked and evil, they will prefer to live their lives without conscience and if they are influential or they can outsmart the authorities and not get caught, they will escape the judgment of this world

A lot of people are not doing evil because God have set rules and they know that even if they outsmart the government of this world, they can never outsmart God. Wrongs can never make rights, if a lot of people are evil, you yourself will hate this world so much, you will not even want to live for up to twenty years in this world. God made the laws for our convenience and you are complaining, human beings can never be satisfied.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by dannex4adx(m): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adsexpert:

Bro! I will appreciate if you can send me a message, I would like to discuss with you privately.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Rosement(f): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adsexpert:

May I ask you a question please..

How can a being without body or whom can't lift a single rock without the help or use of human be able to create a physical human with body??

Why not create one for himself and come here introducing himself..?? Or probably people will end up capturing him?

Or maybe the whole bible story is a lie saying he is a spirit
You have no right to question God, you are just one of His creatures, you are a mere human being created from dust. You have not finish telling the president of your own country how to live His life, you are here trying to dictate for God, the greatest authority of all, you must be high on something. You did not enthrone God so He is not asking you for permission to continue reigning or ruling.

The president of a country has authority over the citizens and he has every right to give laws and punish law breakers. God is even more than the world president, He has authority over all of us including the presidents. He is the one that will determine your fate whether you like it or not.

Can't you see your pride is worthless? You cannot even go to the presidential villa to question your president and you think you can question the Almighty God. Have you forgotten that you are ordinary dust and you will surely become dust again? You are just an ordinary, powerless being that has no power to decide his own fate. You, an empty barrel actually think God will have time for your childish ranting, even presidents don't have time for daily ranting of citizens.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
grin this religious people are hilarious, such a weak argument. You claim things that don't harmve evidences and you just want us to join yall in swallowing this horsedung?
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Saintmary(f): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Steep:
As a Christian I have eternal life through Jesus christ, atheism only offers hopelessness and death.
Even when things are rough on earth but I know I have eternal life which is far more than my temporary earthly trial.

May God give you more strength.

I hope you know that things are about to get worse. The devil is spreading unbelief in copious amounts and thousands of people will fall away.

Only by the Grace of God will we make it. And also the days will be shortened for the elect's sake. He that has an ear, let him hear.

Nevertheless, there are lots of God's children who are still untainted by this corrupt world.

In a short while this currencies we are carrying about will become useless, don't be caught unawares.

Please pray for more Grace for yourself and your loved ones. Pray more.
God help us.
Re: Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness by Saintmary(f): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
Rosement:

You have no right to question God, you are just one of His creatures, you are a mere human being created from dust. You have not finish telling the president of your own country how to live His life, you are here trying to dictate for God, the greatest authority of all, you must be high on something. You did not enthrone God so He is not asking you for permission to continue reigning or ruling.

The president of a country has authority over the citizens and he has every right to give laws and punish law breakers. God is even more than the world president, He has authority over all of us including the presidents. He is the one that will determine your fate whether you like it or not.

Can't you see your pride is worthless? You cannot even go to the presidential villa to question your president and you think you can question the Almighty God. Have you forgotten that you are ordinary dust and you will surely become dust again? You are just an ordinary, powerless being that has no power to decide his own fate. You, an empty barrel actually think God will have time for your childish ranting, even Presidents don't have time for daily ranting of citizens.

I implore you, please focus on yourself and your spiritual life, lots of people are blinded by the veil covering their minds so they can't perceive the Truth.

Don't argue with them please.

We are in the last days, people will be getting married, having kids and doing life like nothing's wrong.

One shall be taken, the other will be left behind.

I repeat to you, we are in the last days.

Hunker down and pray hard.
Clean your dress, get ready, don't be caught unawares. May God help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Has Herself To Blame / Why Is It Hard For Beautiful Ladies To Keep Male Friends? / My Sex Experience With My Niece Amy - 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.