Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court (24725 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives FHC For Secret Trial: Video / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court For His Trial / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court Premises, Amidst Tight Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Biodun556(m): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2022
After many weeks of conjectures and permutations, the lead counsel for the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, on Tuesday unveiled Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN) as the leader of the defence counsel for Nnamdi Kanu whose trial commences today before Justice Binta Nyako of a Federal High Court in Abuja.

Kanu arrived the court by 7am amidst tight security as operatives of the Department of State Services frisk journalists and lawyers.

As of the time of filing this report, the court had yet to commence sitting.

“Yes, I’m now in the legal team and that’s why you’re seeing me court,” Ozekhome said.

Ejiofor had in a statement announced that the fortification of Kanu’s legal team was the Xmas Gift to Kanu when they visited him at the Headquatres of the DSS where he was being detained.

Ejiofor had however kept the identity of the person to his chest.

He had said, “I want to assure you, Umuchineke, that our legal team, is, presently, more fortified than ever to do battle in Court, and God being on our side, victory is assured. We paid our routine visit to our untiring, unwavering, unrelenting, rock-solid and noble client, Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, at the DSS detention facility at Abuja. The visit, this time, was spectacular and was greeted by an infectious air of camaraderie. Onyendu was particularly enthused by the visit and preferred to describe it as ‘A surprise Christmas Present’. You may not understand the peculiarity of this visit and the how significant it is.

But in due course, I am certain you will be in the best position to fully appreciate the wisdom that informed it. Suffice it to say that as the lead attorney of Onyendu, I took advantage of the visit to unveil a legal giant, a distinguished and an accomplished member of the Inner Bar, whom I have chosen to fortify our defence team. The learned Senior counsel is an excellent and a consummate learned gentleman, distinguished in academics and in the practice of law in our law courts.

The reason that informed this arrangement is my unflinching desire to throw in every weapon in our arsenal to ensure that Onyendu gets the best at all times. This latest master stroke, evident in the legal giant that has intervened, came to Onyendu as a big surprise. Although he was not oblivious of my arrangement to enlist the assistance and co-operation of a Senior Attorney, he did not know that I could get a Senior Attorney of the rarest breed.

“He was particularly delighted to welcome this legal giant, a consummate member of the Inner Bar, a legal Iroko, who has distinguished himself in the practice of law, when we visited him yesterday. I must state here and now that the Senior attorney involved has been my mentor over the years. He has worked from the sidelines with our legal team since 2016. He is a man imbued with profound intellect, legal sophistry, an infectious sense of history, much like Onyendu, and of impeccable character.

“His brilliance radiates effortlessly. He is indeed an excellent advocate. The stage which we have attained in the Court gymnastics involving Onyendu signposts an auspicious time at which to introduce the leading and erudite member of the Inner Bar to our defence team. Henceforth, he will lead our defence team in proceedings in Court.

“Further, in the course of our interaction with Onyendu, the legal giant singled me out for commendation. He paid me effusive compliments for my steadfastness, devotion, commitment and fidelity to Onyendu.

“He also variously referred to instances to buttress his conclusion. Onyendu, with a smile on his face, nodded repeatedly in approval. I was particularly touched by these references and it further fortified my firm resolution to the cause of Onyendu.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-ipob-ozekhome-leads-legal-team-as-nnamdi-kanu-arrives-in-court/?amp

23 Likes

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Biodun556(m): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2022
Mike ozekome is a corruption lawyer. He is an expert in defense of corruption cases but now he is adding terrorism to his credit. He now defends terrorists in court.

Corruption case is juicy. " If we win I will share in the loot".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ik44DYwxw

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by gidgiddy: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodun556:
Mike ozekome is a corruption lawyer. He is an expert in defense of corruption cases but he is adding terrorism to his credit. He now defends terrorists in court.

Welcome to life, the job of a Lawyer is to defend people in court no matter what they are alleged to have done

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Shetemi12(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Kosoco(m): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodun556:
Mike ozekome is a corruption lawyer. He is an expert in defense of corruption cases but he is adding terrorism to his credit. He now defends terrorists in court.
Its not his business... his own is to get paid.... Weather he win or loss.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2022
MIKE OZEKOME na big name.Fg will not like this news

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Maxymilliano(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2022
Interesting ... What about Bruce Fein ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Biodun556(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2022
gidgiddy:

Welcome to life, the job of a Lawyer is to defend people in court no matter what they are alleged to have done

Get list of ozekome court case, it is always corruption now including terrorism

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Okoroze(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodum556 look at what religion has done to you,so myopic in your reasons,and degenerating inbread,we are in the twenty-first century for crying out loud, religion and not godly has destroy

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Hyperchi(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodun556:
Like the one representing Sunday, wa done japa , but mike still da with him client

27 Likes

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Emergingnation0: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Interesting ... What about Bruce Fein ?
Bruce Fein isn't a Nigeria lawyer, But international....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Biodun556(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2022
Hyperchi:

Like the one representing Sunday, wa done japa , but mike still da with him client

Mike just got involved for the first time
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Nonpartisan1: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2022
No lawyer can bail you out of terrorism and felony charges. He will just collect the millions from useless poor ipob terrorists and make some noise on the pages of newspapers and thats it.

Kanu may not come out of this in one piece, except those people he beheaded their parents, uncles, brothers and sisters forgive him.

Long may Kanu rot in prison and hell.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Brendaniel: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
I am just here laughing at some people who are crying more than Buhari about Nnamdi KANU...

4 Likes

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by johnmartus(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
I know that its Mike that take up the job from kanu lawyer dude can take any case as long as money involve.sadly he always lost case to a baby lawyer's.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by CalabarPikin: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
Hmmm

Another adjournment on d way

Prediction - over 4.5 weeks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Equal2DeTask(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
cool
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by ibrahim2032: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
God save our nation
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by JamiuKabir: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
[s]
Biodun556:

Get list of ozekome court case, it is always corruption now including terrorism
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Dshocker(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
I hope today's sitting will yield good news
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by EmzyT: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by mediainc: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2022
Just doing his lawyer job.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by udele1: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2022
More fund raising is needed. Nnamdi kanu was flexing IPOB donations alone with his family, its time for lawyers to get their share. grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by LINTUNE(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2022
I suppose travel to lag this morning, na cos of this their stupid sit at home order, na y I postpone am till Saturday...àbeg anyone with idea of transport fair from umuahia or aba to Lagos?.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Lamasta(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2022
I don't see this case ending anytime soon
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Blessedassuranc(f): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2022
Hyperchi:

But you know this comment isnt necessary.. why look for trouble where and when it isnt necessary?

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Dshocker(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodun556:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ik44DYwxw

Will you keep quiet...What is the job of a barrister,if not to defend their client,whether guilty or not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Tingotoe: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
MIKE OZEKOME na big name.Fg will not like this news
And is there any individual bigger than the FG?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by bigdammyj: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2022
Good
Re: Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court by Blessedassuranc(f): 9:36am On Jan 18, 2022
Biodun556:

Mike just got involved for the first time

You sef rest before this thing turn to something else

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Why Buhari May Never Support Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidacy - Adeyanju / Thirty Nine Parties To Adopt Atiku / Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.