Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (28904 Views)

HID Awolowo's Burial - Live Updates (Pics) / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2011

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
.Lagos Organises Training On System Upgrade For Exco Members

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by chino11(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^^O boy for real you no get work. Fashola is a crook just like his predecessor tinube, just like the fmr speaker bankole. So Kuforji will expose him and poor lagos natives will know who fashola really is
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by ezeagu(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
chino11:

^^^^^O boy for real you no get work. Fashola is a crook just like his predecessor tinube, just like the fmr speaker bankole. So Kuforji will expose him and poor lagos natives will know who fashola really is

I think Fashola is doing a good job, it's not fair to say he's a crook, although he's overexposed. I think SE's should focus on their region and producing people better in leadership than Fashola, even if it is yourself, I think every region should do this until Nigeria breaks and we can breathe a deep breath of relief and try and work as neighbours.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by 9dynasty(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
chino11:

nna si down for ya house-weytin make fashola crook your governor do quarter weytin fashola don do.you nor see as school fine, if na there you go school you for nor dey miss yan angry angry angry
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
New bridge holds hope, relief for Ikoyi, Lekki residents
Friday, 26 March 2010 01:09 Joshua Bassey

Earmarked for completion 2011
If Julius Berger Nigeria plc, contractor handling the Ikoyi-Lekki bridge across the Osborne Lagoon, will deliver within estimated timeframe of less than three years, residents and visitors to Lekki Scheme1 Housing Estate and Ikoyi on Lagos Island should by end of next year look forward to enjoying a smoother, shorter ride - connecting both areas, with less stress.

The bridge project awarded March 2009 by the Lagos State government, is conceived and partly designed as an alternative route meant to address the traffic problem associated with the area, and to shorten travel time between Ikoyi and Lekki as against what currently obtains, where motorists on a bad day (when traffic is hectic on Lekki-Epe Expressway) spend hours before reaching their destinations.

The 1358-metre bridge (length) is expected, on completion, to bridge the gap between the two high-brow Lagos areas - occupied largely by the rich and business class. It is being constructed across the lagoon flowing towards Osborne in Ikoyi and Lekki Scheme1 Housing Estate. The first phase of the project, which duration according to the contract terms, was between March and December 2009, and involved mappings, designing and soil tests, has been completed.

Under the second phase, which is currently ongoing and scheduled to run from January to December 2010, the contractor is expected to give the 8.0mx2 carriageway (width) bridge a shape. Road works at the Ikoyi end, according to technical details made available to CityFile, is put at 338.7 and 311.5 at the Lekki end. The bridge is also designed to have a maximum of 3.5 percent vertical alignment and minimum radius of 350 metres horizontal alignment with 90 metres pylon height from water level. Additional facilities to be added on full completion are 2.3mx2 walkway, streetlights and cable ducts.

When CityFile visited the site this week, it was discovered that work was gradually in progress, as concrete pillars upon which the bridge would rest had almost gone half-way across the lagoon from the Lekki end. Special adviser to the Lagos State government on works and infrastructure, Ganiyu Johnson, appraising the project, says equipment and materials necessary to complete it within scheduled time have been fully mobilised by the contractor, and that government does not foresee any setback on the project.

To Johnson, whose office supervises the project, the bridge is another way the government is responding to the yearnings of the people for improved standard of living, as it is bound to make life a lot more comfortable for those expected to use it on completion, noting it is a way of addressing the problem of traffic on the Lekki axis.

Johnson, however, believes that beyond addressing the need of the residents, the project is also going to open a window of job opportunities to commercial bus drivers who will commute Lagosians visiting these high-brow settlements.

“It will enable the residents of Ikoyi, Lekki and the entire Island to reach their destinations much faster, and this is what governance is all about,” he states.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/ind, =154:city-file

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola is working, lagos is working.
The same cant be said for GEJ.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Gbenge77(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola's leadership style is worthy of emulation.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by phantom(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2011
yes , security is important, but fashola should unveil a drainage masterplan like amaechi is doing, wink wink, he should attempt to convert open gutters to underground drainages, that will solve the issue of lagosians throwin trash into the gutters
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by phantom(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2011
i think this drainage thing is an emergency, flooding can do a lot more damage than insecurity IMHO
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by matiltomd(f): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2011
Sorry @Eko Ile, please can i have the name of that government school? Thanks a lot!
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola is trying, May God strength him so that he can enjoying the goodness of been good to people
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by mkpologwu(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2011
I talk am before say na only Ibo politicians good!
Fashola is an Ibo man. FASHOLA means 'they want it'. Pls don't argue with me, cos am temperamental
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by HyeBits: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2011
matiltom_d, you can find many of such schools renovated within Lagos State. Probably you are not living in Lagos.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Reference(m): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2011
I must say I am really impressed. This is what governance is all about. What I find disconcerting in view are the attacks. When government is spending what should we the private sector be doing - capitalizing on it. But we are not. We rather sit down and complain. Those trash compactors are from India - Tata, the armoured vehicles are from where, the infrastructural projects are handled by JBL and Co. This is good for Fashola but bad for us. That is why there is a disconnect between government spending and prosperity in this country. There is far too much capital flight. I could remember what happened in Cross-River state during Donald's time. He transformed the outlook of the state, reconstructed the entire capital - electricity distribution, water, roads, sanitation - he did everything but it had very little impact on the people because they were not involved primarily and he (Duke) attributed this to the paucity in capacity, professionalism and above all honesty.

The ball is in our court in Nigeria. What I am beginning to think these days is, even if all the road were fixed, electricity runs 2/4 and all the infrastructure is ship shape are we ready to pull ourselves out of poverty. Do we have what it takes to make it. If all what Fashola is doing still does not stir us into action (and I live partially in Lagos) then our continued excuse for bad governance is just that - a convenient excuse. Let's stop these recurring pull him down and join him in building our society. Enough of these Fashola come and sweep my yard syndrome or for Lagosians what happened in Cross-River will happen in Lagos. Today some there dearly wish for the good old days of Duke (as they are experiencing severe reversals on many fronts) simply because they isolated themselves from governance and instead took the role of perpetual critics (always talking instead of working) so were not able to sustain the momentum.

The next governor of Lagos will have his work firmly cut out and my fear is that if he cannot better this, a massive political backlash may occur. Governance is for all and the destiny of Lagosians should not be left to Fashola alone. Let us begin to work for ourselves so we can sustain what he's done when he is gone.

1 Like

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by sayso: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2011
never seen before.have nothing to say really. RTF you love your people.QED
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by baslone: 11:48am On Jun 22, 2011
Props!!!
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by mallorca(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2011
dis man dey over try
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by whiteroses(f): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
ilu awon maami cheesy

eko oo nibaje lailai
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by aljharem3: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
Demdem:

Fashola is working, lagos is working.
The same cant be said for GEJ.

+10
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by JahMan1: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
It will be harsh and unfair to call Fashola a crook,while at the same time I feel we are over-rating him.
Why not? A one-eyed man in the land of the blind.

I think he and the police are doing a fair(average) job on security.Imagine what Lagos,with all the population could have been without their efforts.

He is trying on education also,I do sight alot of schools being renovated.What I cannot say here is the fact that some of those schools have been handed over to the missions(churches) that opened them originally.Also I heard(not confirmed) that most of these developmental work(roads) are funded by international agencies.
One wonders how much of the tax Lagos rakes in is used for these projects or are shared in Alausa.

Yes, I am personally unhappy when I drive in and out of my environment with terrible roads,only to get to read on internet fora like NL how excellent BRF has turned Lagos roads.
I once told a friend that after knowing the enormous tax I pay monthly to LASG,I can maintain those roads and remove those death traps with my tax.
The annoying thing is that BRF has visited that area severally but nothing has happened.
I never wanted to post on BRF until I gather pictures of roads that I pass through.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by atasteve: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
I give it to you BRF. smiley.

He might not be perfect (nobody is perfect) but he is contributing his quota.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Excllncy(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
I have seen something different. The new Kano State Governor Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso coming to look for a way out for that State (Kano). I think he is in the right place. Whishing him a successful tenure.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by federalist: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
SEE WHAT GET IS DOING, SORRY I AM NOT EKO ILE, SO NO PICTURES

"Presidency sets up panel on bomb blasts
By Elor Nkereuwem and Elizabeth Archibong
June 22, 2011 09:19AM
print email

The presidency has raised a secret committee to investigate last Thursday's bomb blast which rocked the Police Headquarters in Abuja, killing eight, wounding several others, and destroying 77 cars, a security source said yesterday.

The committee, which had its first sitting at the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) at the presidential villa yesterday, will also probe all recent explosions around the country and recommend measures that could be taken to check the spate of bombings.

The development came after the presidency ordered the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, to call off his planned press conference on the bombing scheduled for yesterday morning.

A police spokesperson, Olusola Amore, had said on Monday that Mr Ringim would address journalists to update Nigerians on the progress made in the investigations into the incident.

But a few minutes to the commencement of the event, Mr Ringim was summoned to the presidential villa, first to explain what information he planned to divulge to journalists, and later to be part of a high profile meeting where the decision to set up the inter-agency investigative panel was taken.

At the villa, the national security adviser, Owoeye Azazi, a retired General, reportedly upbraided Mr Ringim for attempting to brief the media on the incident without clearing from him and the president.

He was ordered to suspend the briefing until he receives an order to do so from the presidency. The source said last night that top presidency officials would rehearse with Mr Ringim and guide him on what to say to the media about the incident.

The meeting equally prevented Mr Ringim from holding a scheduled meeting with police commissioners from the federation. The meeting was billed for the Louis Edet headquarters of the Police.

"The presidency was worried that the IGP might make reckless statements at the briefing that might embarrass the administration. He can proceed with his plan to brief once the presidency is clear about what he would say," another source said.

The secret committee

The investigative committee is made up of representatives from the office of the NSA, the Nigerian Intelligence Agency (NIA), the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Directorate of Military Intelligence (DMI), the State Security Service (SSS), and the Nigeria Police.

The sources were unable to provide the names of operatives representing each of the agencies on the committee. Mr Azazi's office is coordinating the activities of the committee.

Spokespersons of the security agencies were unwilling to respond to enquiries on the matter yesterday. Marilyn Ogar of the SSS declined to speak on the telephone but confirmed that she had been in a meeting at the NSA's office all day. Yemi Ajayi, spokesman of the Police, did not respond to telephone calls and text messages.

The committee is expected to unravel the circumstances that led to the spate of bombings in the country. Between October 1, 2010 and today, more than 10 major bomb blasts have occurred in Nigeria, mostly in the northern region and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, leaving scores of people dead or maimed.

President Goodluck Jonathan also had a meeting with governors from the south-south region on how to sustain the fragile peace in the Niger Delta. There were only five governors at the meeting, as Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State was absent. No official explanation was proffered for his absence.

But Governors Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Adams Oshiomole (Edo), Timpriye Silva (Bayelsa), and Liyel Imoke (Cross River) were present at the meeting.

Last night, the security situation topped the agenda of the Nigerian Governors' Forum meeting held at the Rivers State House in Abuja. Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, is the chair of the forum.

Apart from security, payment of the N18,000 minimum wage which the governors have said is impossible unless there is a change in the revenue formula, was also discussed. The governors are desirous of avoiding a nationwide strike which labour unions have threatened unless the new wage is paid by all the state governors.

Kwara State governor, Abdulfattah Ahmed, who was at the State House to see the president, said security is paramount in the country now.

"We had a private discussion on the Boko Haram. We know that it is not a good sign and a good omen for Nigeria.

"What I think we should look at is the factors that led to it. We must look at factors that are leading people to be engaging in suicide bombing. I think it is going to be more in our interest to look at it from that angle. We must look at the social problems that are leading to people engaging in suicide bombing and other allied issues.

"I think it is going to go a long way in giving us the solution. It is a very unfortunate situation, but I think it requires a lot more look from every angle," Mr Ahmed said."""

JONAH THEY TRY I BEG!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by chino11(m): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
This is mirage. At the end of the day we shall know whether lagos internal and external debt don hit 500b dollars, plus the ones the gov stole alongside his commissioners, maybe we should be looking at lagos debt of 1b dollars. By that time lagos will be a bunch of white elephant projects with high level of poverty, unemployment, insecurity. I think the gov should focus on projects that will give the poor Yoruba masses opportunity to a new lease of life. The last I visited lagos there was so much poverty and insecurity there.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Mariory(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
LAMATA upgrades to e-ticketing system, eliminates paper tickets

The many hiccups in the use of paper tickets on the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Bus Franchise Scheme (BFS) will be eliminated with the soon-to-be-deployed e-ticketing system, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, Managing Director, Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) has assured. The pilot scheme commenced on Monday 6th June 2011. . .
http://www.lamata-ng.com/newsreader82.html

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by whobemumu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
fashola is a great man

if only we had ten like him in this country working and keeping quiet while doing it

lagos will never be the same again

i wish i could claim him as a personal friend
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
Mariory:

LAMATA upgrades to e-ticketing system, eliminates paper tickets
http://www.lamata-ng.com/newsreader82.html

Slowly but surely, LAMATA is fast becoming a fully fledged transportation authority.

35-man Ghanaian delegation in Lagos to understudy Mile 12 – CMS Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system

The Mile 12 – CMS Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System has become a reference point in the world for cities desiring to solve their urban transportation challenges. Recently, a 35-man delegation, the second in 2009, comprising transport operators, owners, highway engineers, administrator and lawmakers was in Lagos to understudy the Lagos BRT. The following photographs were taken during the visit

http://www.lamata-ng.com/picturegallery_pg34.html
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola Discusses Global Health Issues At WHO Meeting In Kobe, Japan

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola Hands Over 114 New Patrol Vehicles Donated To The Police By Lagos LGs

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
Rousing Welcome As Fashola Visits Oshodi To Inspect 601 Shop Kaiyero Market Extension

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, Governors, IGP Adamu, Service Chiefs Meet In Aso Rock - Photos / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally: Oyo State, Ibadan ( PICTURES) / IPOB's Lawyer Reacts To The Group Being Ranked 10th Deadliest Terror Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.