Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (28919 Views)

HID Awolowo's Burial - Live Updates (Pics) / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
Be Prepared To Deal With Challenges Of Leadership – Fashola Tells Children

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
/

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by 0803757920(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
omo naija
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by ektbear: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
We need state police. ASAP.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fashola Takes Campaign For Foreign Investment Partnerships To France

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
Reference:

I must say I am really impressed. This is what governance is all about. What I find disconcerting in view are the attacks. When government is spending what should we the private sector be doing - capitalizing on it. But we are not. We rather sit down and complain. Those trash compactors are from India - Tata, the armoured vehicles are from where, the infrastructural projects are handled by JBL and Co. This is good for Fashola but bad for us. That is why there is a disconnect between government spending and prosperity in this country. There is far too much capital flight. I could remember what happened in Cross-River state during Donald's time. He transformed the outlook of the state, reconstructed the entire capital - electricity distribution, water, roads, sanitation - he did everything but it had very little impact on the people because they were not involved primarily and he (Duke) attributed this to the paucity in capacity, professionalism and above all honesty.

The ball is in our court in Nigeria. What I am beginning to think these days is, even if all the road were fixed, electricity runs 2/4 and all the infrastructure is ship shape are we ready to pull ourselves out of poverty. Do we have what it takes to make it. If all what Fashola is doing still does not stir us into action (and I live partially in Lagos) then our continued excuse for bad governance is just that - a convenient excuse. Let's stop these recurring pull him down and join him in building our society. Enough of these Fashola come and sweep my yard syndrome or for Lagosians what happened in Cross-River will happen in Lagos. Today some there dearly wish for the good old days of Duke (as they are experiencing severe reversals on many fronts) simply because they isolated themselves from governance and instead took the role of perpetual critics (always talking instead of working) so were not able to sustain the momentum.

The next governor of Lagos will have his work firmly cut out and my fear is that if he cannot better this, a massive political backlash may occur. Governance is for all and the destiny of Lagosians should not be left to Fashola alone. Let us begin to work for ourselves so we can sustain what he's done when he is gone.

Fashola To Youth Copers-

These are the places I urge you to set your minds upon.

Our Government has built roads, hospitals, schools and other public facilities that we will need to maintain. Small maintenance firms and partnerships formed by small groups of engineering graduates such as electrical, civil, mechanical and related fields will be needed by us as we go forward.

For example we will require traffic lights and lane marking machines to be produced locally to manage traffic. We will require hands to help produce food such as poultry, grains, and vegetables for our growing population to feed.

We are still behind in our State and country's infrastructure needs and will need hands to build them. We will need buttons, zippers, thread, needles and related items to cloth ourselves.

Let your imaginations run, and you will see how many more things we need that we do not produce and you will understand why I say that the onus is upon you to either be an employed graduate or a graduate employer.

As a Government, we can do two things.

Employ people directly into Government and initiate policies and programmes that enable people find work for themselves and for others.

We have done both and we will continue to increase on the latter by evolving more projects, programmes and policies that create opportunities for entrepreneurship.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by BabaO2: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
It will be harsh and unfair to call Fashola a crook,while at the same time I feel we are over-rating him.
Why not? A one-eyed man in the land of the blind.

I think he and the police are doing a fair(average) job on security.Imagine what Lagos,with all the population could have been without their efforts.

He is trying on education also,I do sight alot of schools being renovated.What I cannot say here is the fact that some of those schools have been handed over to the missions(churches) that opened them originally.Also I heard(not confirmed) that most of these developmental work(roads) are funded by international agencies.
One wonders how much of the tax Lagos rakes in is used for these projects or are shared in Alausa.

Yes, I am personally unhappy when I drive in and out of my environment with terrible roads,only to get to read on internet fora like NL how excellent BRF has turned Lagos roads.
I once told a friend that after knowing the enormous tax I pay monthly to LASG,I can maintain those roads and remove those death traps with my tax.
The annoying thing is that BRF has visited that area severally but nothing has happened.
I never wanted to post on BRF until I gather pictures of roads that I pass through.
probably your area is in mbaise or ohaji egbema, how can he fix what is not in Lagos state. You will never grow if you continue to bad mouth the achievements of an achiever.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

I just wish Lagos state is committing the huge state security fund and resources to Lagos state police and not the Nigerian police in Lagos.

They have tons of armored trucks, hundreds of police cars, hundreds of BMW power bikes, the best police communication gears in Nigeria, 2 new crime fighting helicopters, even many cities I've called home in the US don't have crime fighting helicopters, they share one with 2 or 3 other cities.

I think it's just a matter of time, too bad folks like Fashola voice the same state police sentiments all the time, but never forced the issue all the way to Abuja.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by shawonlese: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

I just wish Lagos state is committing the huge state security fund and resources to Lagos state police and not the Nigerian police in Lagos.

They have tons of armored trucks, hundreds of police cars, hundreds of BMW power bikes, the best police communication gears in Nigeria, 2 new crime fighting helicopters, even many cities I've called home in the US don't have crime fighting helicopters, they share one with 2 or 3 other cities.

I think it's just a matter of time, too bad folks like Fashola voice the same state police sentiments all the time, but never forced the issue all the way to Abuja.

Turn Lagos to a place where one person can work as much as 2-3 Jobs as they like and live comfortably, then you won't need most of the equipment above.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by seanet02: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

[s]Turn Lagos to a place where one person can work as much as 2-3 Jobs as they like and live comfortably[/s], then you won't need most of the equipment above.
Nonsensical Reasoning!! Is America not having more than this?
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by ektbear: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

Turn Lagos to a place where one person can work as much as 2-3 Jobs as they like and live comfortably, then you won't need most of the equipment above.

I don't even understand what this statement means
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by seanet02: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
Dude is a Monkey with computers
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

Though your post sounds kind of senseless, but don't you need the same equipment or even modernize the same equipment you used to attain that to keep it that way to prevent recurrence? Or is it just your understanding that after winning a war, you have to throw away your equipment?

You don't sound too smart my friend.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by shawonlese: 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

Though your post sounds kind of senseless, but don't you need the same equipment or even modernize the same equipment you used to attain that to keep it that way to prevent recurrence? Or is it just your understanding that after winning a war, you have to throw away your equipment?

You don't sound too smart my friend.

From your above post, it would appear that you are a shallow brained fellow.

You wouldn't need all that equipment if people don't have to think of crime.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

From your above post, it would appear that you are a shallow brained fellow.

You wouldn't need all that equipment if people don't have to think of crime.   

You're still not making any damn sense.

The fact is, there is no nation on the face of the earth without crime and crime fighting equipment.

Feel free to name any and also why Lagos in Nigeria should be the only exception

Also please tell us what they need to do in Lagos to eradicate crime and also give example of such lucky countries with zero crime and zero need for police and crime fighting equipment.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by ektbear: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Government should create a conducive environment for business. But to create businesses (and thus jobs) itself? Not only is it not its responsibility to do this, I don't even know if it would be very effective if it tried.

edit
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by shawonlese: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
seanet02:

Nonsensical Reasoning!! Is America not having more than this?

Baffles me why *** are quick to compare the two countries.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by beejaei: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
lol.

Eko-Ile is a confirmed Fashola PR person. I cease to take you serious henceforth. No wonder you are disinclined to objectively assess Fashola's report card. lol. I will no longer be taken for a fool and subjected to the media somersaults of an organized PR and marketing campaign. lol
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

I need you to answer my questions
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by dare2think: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
over-rated or not, he is still rated.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
beejaei:

lol.

Eko-Ile is a confirmed Fashola PR person. I cease to take you serious henceforth. No wonder you are disinclined to objectively assess Fashola's report card. lol. I will no longer be taken for a fool and subjected to the media somersaults of an organized PR and marketing campaign. lol

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2011

Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by shawonlese: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

You're still not making any damn sense.

The fact is, there is no nation on the face of the earth without crime and crime fighting equipment.

Feel free to name any and also why Lagos in Nigeria should be the only exception

Also please tell us what they need to do in Lagos to eradicate crime and also give example of such lucky countries with zero crime and zero need for police and crime fighting equipment.

Monaco has no crime, no poverty, no unemployment, no pollution and no income tax. Despite astronomical land value, buildings are limited to 12 stories. Whatever is unbuilt is park or garden. Pines, broom trees and aromatic plants have been planted along the country's borders to create a regional forest, however modest its dimension. In neighborhoods where the nannies of rich, famous and royal infants push their prams, the Latin names for flowers in curbside patches are common knowledge.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by seanet02: 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

You see you don't even know waht you are saying
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by ektbear: 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
This guy is just trolling, I guess

Monaco, indeed grin grin grin
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
shawonlese:

Monaco has no crime, no poverty, no unemployment, no pollution and no income tax. Despite astronomical land value, buildings are limited to 12 stories. Whatever is unbuilt is park or garden. Pines, broom trees and aromatic plants have been planted along the country's borders to create a regional forest, however modest its dimension. In neighborhoods where the nannies of rich, famous and royal infants push their prams, the Latin names for flowers in curbside patches are common knowledge.

You are not only slow, you are also intellectually lazy and your sense of reasoning and judgment suxs.

Infact, you are mad for comparing a principality of 30,000 people against Lagos with a population of 17 million.

F you and that du.mb nonsense.

I guess I got tripped by another troll.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by jmaine: 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

In as much as there are advantages  . .Nigeria is not yet ripe for State police . .  it would be subjected as vehicle for terrorizing perceived enemies by the power brokers in the states . . .
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by Roland17(m): 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
anybody wen dey beef fashola can Hug a live transformer or kiss a high tension wire better still.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
jmaine:

In as much as there are advantages  . .Nigeria is not yet ripe for State police . .  it would be subjected as vehicle for terrorizing perceived enemies by the power brokers in the states . . .

lol @ the smart one. Another vision less and lazy thinking Nigerian.

How and when are you going to be ready and ripe for what you are yet to or never experienced?
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by MeGaStReEt: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Where is Comrade Adam Oshit-Ole in all of these? Oh, he is busy inpregnating students in AAU.

Can someone post pictures from Edo State Pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Isn't that state (Edo State) one of the 36 states in NIGERIA
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
This is about Fashola/Lagos state, not Oshimole oe Edo state.

Feel free to start your own thread about him and call him what ever sorry names you fancy.
Re: Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) by erinolu(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2011
Great job Fashi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IBB Calls For Jihad Against Boko Haram - Bbc Hausa / APC Moves To Stop Pdp’s Plot For Senate President / Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50