Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising (6397 Views)

I'm Lost, She Is Pregnant. / My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Aftermath Of Christmas: Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by AsomArchitectNG(m): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
It very obvious that she had it all planned out and desperate about marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by NoahHadNoArk: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Here for the comments grin

The guy above me, for daring me to beat me to the FTC position, your favourite premier league team will lose it's next match.

Mark my words

In other news, this Gender sha grin

Pinning a pregnancy on a guy just to force him into marriage, the heights of your insecurity.
Will she have done that for a guy from a low background?!?
If the OP insist on not marrying you and leaves you to be a baby mama, to whose loss?!?

OP you not at fault in anyway, except allowing yourself be played by another desperate, insecure female into having unsafe sex with her solely for the purpose of dragging you to the altar with her. What? You never heard of coitus interruptus? Abi u no dey watch pørn?!? cool
I really don't know what to tell you right now cause she played you and played you well.

My girlfriend has blocked me everywhere and I suspect that her family are of the opinion that it's either I do traditional marriage or she removes it.

Whatever decision you make, do not let that child suffer for any reason. I will not be the one to recommend the second option above me but I'm sure by now you have made up your mind. wink

never be cajoled and allow your arms be twisted into doing something you would never do on a good day, it always ends in regrets and you will live to hate yourself for doing it. My point is, think carefully, think really hard then settle for something and stand firm on it. I assure you, I promise you, whatever decision you pick will be the correct One.

Back to the guy above me, your premier league team will not make it to Champions league next season except its Chelsea grin

My peace I leave all of you

13 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
Just accept the responsibility and go pay her dowry, you can do this on a low key and based on your financial capability for now.Just don't be too upset with her,love is dangerous and hence the reason I distance myself from it for now,a woman will do anything to keep a man she truly loves and in this your case it's not even about money.She didn't do well but you can bend your rules and soften the whole situation. I can do this for a nairalander I secretly admire and his Monika is .......... fill in the doted lines.goodluck

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by DarkJeddi(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
Don't let anybody use any pregnancy to trap you..
If she wants the baby so much let her have it..
Life's too short to be trapped into some unwanted bondage.. sad

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Jeon(f): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
Snok58:
Good day guys.
I apologize for the long read and typos.

I met my girlfriend last year and everything has been moving fine. She was someone I intend to marry regardless of our issues. She is very loving and caring.

On my own part, I just finished my masters and I've not been able to get a good job. I used my savings to get a car and my friend gave me free accommodation in Abuja and I started uber. I'm a struggling guy but I come from a wealthy home, my father passed on recently and I control most things but I just remit them to my mum and I stopped her from giving me anything because I don't get satisfaction spending my parents money.

My girlfriend is young but she dreams of getting married early, I understand but I needed her to be industrious. I started a business for her in October which she tries a lot and she's making baby steps. I also give her stipends every month.

Our sex life is cool and I've tried using condom but she always frowned at it, so I resulted in calculating her free period, it was going well until a day she refused to tell me her cycle after we had sex. I got pissed and confronted her that I'm not ready for her to be pregnant, she said she won't and she's also not ready for it.

I came back from Abuja briefly in December and I was with her, I asked her for the cycle and she shifted the date and I miscalculated, long story short, as at yesterday she is 6weeks pregnant.

She told me the result, I asked her what should we do, she said she'll keep it but I'll have to do traditional marriage. Hmm, sincerely I did not want the child at this time. I told her I can be a father but I am not ready to be a husband, trouble erupted; she told her mum and her sister they called me I stood my ground that I'm not financially capable of setting up a family. She called my elder sister, I also did not bulge but however my sister noticed that she was building her judgment of me on my family wealth. I told my sister, I will only set up a family with only my acquired wealth and as it stands I'm only an uber driver.

I confronted my babe yesterday and it was evident that she wanted and planned for the pregnancy, she was happy. I was livid I told her that since she planned it, she should handle it that I just owe her money for the baby and delivery if she decides to keep it, and that my marriage plan will be put on hold, because I'll have to spend my savings. I was saving to do traditional marriage then travel out if things don't change. A child was the last thing on my list.

My girlfriend has blocked me everywhere and I suspect that her family are of the opinion that it's either I do traditional marriage or she removes it.

Guys my relationship is seriously threatened, I need advice vis a vis bashing

stay away from premarital sex you won't hear...

congrats, my friend abeg wear the coat like that een go better one day.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Pierocash(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
She did the right thing by blocking you. You are an irresponsible man. You can setup a business for her but can't take care of a family or a baby? Not that you are jobless,you are working. Those Uber guys you see,are most of them not married,how are they taking care of their families?

Most rich kids you see today became rich through their parents' riches as well. How many real rich guys made it on their own without some kind of parental backup. Even at that,you can handle your family well with the one you are doing. Don't waste another person's daughter chasing your own selfish agenda in the name of you want to be rich.

Go and do the needful and marry her if truly you love her,stop acting cunning and sounding too irresponsible

20 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by thorpido(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
The best choice you should have made was abstinence or to insist on family planning.
Since you have scored a goal,the next thing is to move to the next round.
You can stand your ground and support the lady and the baby when it comes or budge and accept their request.
Whichever choice you make,marrying her might be a struggle initially but you will get by.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Righteousness2(m): 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
Brother, Let me ask you one Question!l

If you Depart this World today and you Stand before GOD ALMIGHTY! Is it all these Explanations of Calculating menstruation cycle that you will give GOD ?

If no one will tell you the truth! I will tell you.

You and your Sin Partner have been living in Fornication and Immorality which GOD Hates and abhors.

What is Needful for you right now is to Repent from your sin, seek for God's Mercies, flee from continuing in sin and do everything Possible to Make amends and do what is right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Aboks(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
My brother the way naija be now, u no need advice from any body just do wetin ur mind tell

every body with em own problem

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by BigMoneyeye: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
Snok58:

I came back from Abuja briefly in December and I was with her, I asked her for the cycle and she shifted the date and I miscalculated, long story short, as at yesterday she is 6weeks pregnant.
WAIT !! I dont mean to startle you but what if the pregnancy isnt even yours cheesy

Snok58:
A child was the last thing on my list.

Matt. 20:14-16. Then Jesus once again said, the “first will be last; and the last, first.” grin

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Truvelisback(m): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
Snok58:
Good day guys.

I met my girlfriend last year and everything has been moving fine. She was someone I intend to marry regardless of our issues. She is very loving and caring.

On my own part, I just finished my masters and I've not been able to get a good job. I used my savings to get a car and my friend gave me free accommodation in Abuja and I started uber. I'm a struggling guy but I come from a wealthy home, my father passed on recently and I control most things but I just remit them to my mum and I stopped her from giving me anything because I don't get satisfaction spending my parents money.

My girlfriend is young but she dreams of getting married early, I understand but I needed her to be industrious. I started a business for her in October which she tries a lot and she's making baby steps. I also give her stipends every month.

Our sex life is cool and I've tried using condom but she always frowned at it, so I resulted in calculating her free period, it was going well until a day she refused to tell me her cycle after we had sex. I got pissed and confronted her that I'm not ready for her to be pregnant, she said she won't and she's also not ready for it.

She told me the result, I asked her what should we do, she said she'll keep it but I'll have to do traditional marriage. Hmm, sincerely I did not want the child at this time. I told her I can be a father but I am not ready to be a husband, trouble erupted; she told her mum and her sister they called me I stood my ground that I'm not financially capable of setting up a family. She called my elder sister, I also did not bulge but however my sister noticed that she was building her judgment of me on my family wealth. I told my sister, I will only set up a family with only my acquired wealth and as it stands I'm only an uber driver.

I confronted my babe yesterday and it was evident that she wanted and planned for the pregnancy, she was happy. I was livid I told her that since she planned it, she should handle it that I just owe her money for the baby and delivery if she decides to keep it, and that my marriage plan will be put on hold, because I'll have to spend my savings. I was saving to do traditional marriage then travel out if things don't change. A child was the last thing on my list.

Don't be Alfred. Take the responsibility, u won't regret it. She too and her parents and ur parents would support in raising the Child until u get on ur fit.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
Just brace yourself up and accept the responsibility of being a family man except if you aren't planning on getting married to the said lady that when your baby mama suggestion could work because it isn't possible not to pay are dowry and still be keeping her with a kid in this part of the world it hard wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by chatinent: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
Yawns.

Oga, since you had sex, you must father the child. I don't care whether or not you miscalculated or not.

If you couldn't flee from premarital sex, marry her. Abi were you having sex with sb you cannot marry?

Be a man jare.

This i-am-only-an-uber-driver I-want-to-travel-out this and that trash is TRASH.

Man up!

Stop leaving an innocent girl to suffer!

Before you tag me, I have also read her point of view.

Stop the blames already!
You never ready to marry you dey have sex.

You never ready, you still cum.

What were you ever expecting, mister cycle checker?

Thumbs down

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2022

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2022

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Righteousness2(m): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2022
Snok58:

After repentance, what happens to the child and marriage?

You go see her People and do what is right.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2022

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by yomi007k(m): 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
You are right.

Your thoughts are logical and calculated. She was wrong by trapping you with a pregnancy.

In the end you will face the consequences so just do what you feel is right.

A lot of illogical people up here, no wonder Africa is not moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Kharol1234: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Congratulations
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Nemesis0147(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
I see no biggie here
Since she wants to have the baby,,,let her keep the child na.
She won’t be the first woman to become a baby mama and definitely won’t be the last.

Make person na trap you with marriage if you aren’t ready.....it is obvious she is not a good girl and there is a chance that her love and care are just pretense to make you do the needful and you were wasting time,,,so she had to do it her own way cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Bobloco: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by bencarson007(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
90% of the people who advised you here are evil. Never sleep with a woman you cannot father a child with if the worst comes.

You claim you love her and next you warn her off ur mom and deny her the joys of motherhood.

Ogbeni you are heartless.

Anyways I wish you the best. If that girl is my sister, bro she having that kid and it bears my family name. And if you come close, I go use matchete on you.

As for saying that you won't spend ur dad's money, na useless pride dey do you. If not for ur dad and some stipends from him and some small platform to spring up, would you have bought that car you use for UBER.

Your friends are good people . I would have chased you outta my crib a long time ago because I never see who dey near river wey dey use spit wash eyes when pepper enter him eye.

Take it from me bro.
UR BABE IS A GOOD WOMAN AND YOU ARE IRRESPONSIBLE.

Any of those mofos up there that says let her have the baby or she pinning it on you never wish you well.

Guy move ahead. You dey waste my data.
Mtshwwwwww
Irresponsible bother

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by SKhanmi: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
Don't start what you can't finish. If you give in to this, expect many more arm twisting schemes. Stand your ground.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by ValCon888: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
You put yourself in this position.

You know you don't want kids but you were having sex without protection and ejaculating inside her.
Your conscience didn't even tell you to try withdrawal method.

Calculating her ovulation period isn't 100% accurate. And you should have stopped having sex with her the moment she refused to tell you her cycle.

That signals foul play on her part.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by MufasaLion: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
Damn!!!

You ain't a real Gee. A real Gee will nut on her face so as to have your kids on her face, not in her belly.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by emmeyen: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
You are ready to be a father but not a husband. How did we get to the point where we put the cart before the horse? Tomorrow
you will still come here and rant that your girl's family denied you access to your child. Are you sure it's money you are looking for or you still want to be free and not tied down down to a woman. Or maybe you want to dump her when you feel you're tired of her. You want to halt that girl's destiny because of the money you're counting in the wind. Tomorrow now, she go clock 30 you go come dey ask whether you should marry her or go for someone younger.Have this in your mind, you will never make enough money as life has a way of making you not contented at every point.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by frozen70(f): 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Snok58:
Good day guys.

You are not someone that must he forced to go and do traditional marriage of a lady that got pregnant for you, it's not bye force

She has studied your family very well and wants to be a part of your family by tricks, so she became pregnant to achieve that

Now tell me, where you really ready to marry her, with or without pregnancy or you simply just want to keep her on hold till you get stabilized

Two things are involved here

If you want the woman, be prepared to keep the pregnancy but must not do the traditional marriage because its a way to commit you, especially if you are too sure of marrying her

If you don't want the pregnancy, and she wants it, let her keep it, be prepared to be a father and play the role you can

If she continues to block you, just leave her and her family, it's a bait to make you do their bidding

If they can't really get you, she will unblock you

They should keep their pressure to themselves

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Premiumwriter: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
Personally, I feel you are letting pride ruining your life/holding you back.

Using your parents money is never a bad idea. It should be your stepping stone in life.

The only bad aspect is misusing it.

What you are doing is what they call reinventing the wheel. No point starting all over again when you can start from the top and expand your family business.

You are being irresponsible btw.

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by princefrank76: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Guy suffer no d tire u?

who do you think your dad was accumulating those wealth for?

it's fine u want to make your own money but with the situation on ground u can compromise.

spend that money, it's your inheritance. U can as well start a tangible biz with it.

as for the girl if u really love her, u can go ahead with d trad. Then try to maintain a small family size.

2382198487 zenith bank. Any good samaritan should pls help me with just a thousand naira to fill my gass. Hunger wan finish me. I'm still an undergraduate. Pls well meaning Nigerians come to my aid

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Ulunne777(f): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
You have her account no.She needs it for baby's upkeep and antenatal.
You have told your story in a way only her will be blamed but I must say,If you didn't want the pregnancy you should have insisted on protecting yourself or no sex.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant; Matters Arising by Whois(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
She has won

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Some Guys So Dumb {no Offence} / How I Slept With A Ghost During Christmas Period / 10 Tips To Make A Woman Scream In Bed Non-stop Every Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.