Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (62052 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
emmykk:

You made some wrong steps...
You should have go to an English speaking country
You don't know Togo much but spend to buy Keke for someone there.what if he move away with the tricycle.

Enjoy your life

There is a procedure for high purchase and the police will sign it. The original papers remain with me till payment is complete. Copies of my ID and that of the driver and his shortee are with police. Here in Togo they fear their police like how we fear army in naija.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.
good move, togo is fatile land if u know ur way

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by chronique(m): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
While this might not really make sense to most of us, I also understand that in life, you sometimes need to go through odd routes to get to your destination. It might not make sense to most people but in the absence of a viable alternative, it's all you have got. Just make sure you are on your toes and don't relax there. Keep pushing and God will see you through.

17 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
uwayu might not need to move cos togo and benin is a fatile land
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Ayoefa: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided

It's unfortunate that some have been brainwashed to think this way. Good luck to him but not a smart move as far as I'm concerned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by FuckDModz: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided

He probably stole the money or duped his friends and family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by princewarri1985: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
How did you managed to get an hotel for 2000 cfa in togo? The last time i was in togo i search for a cheap hotel in lome togo close to aflawo border and the cheapest i got was 7000 cfa france and the hotel name is seaside resort opposite laguna beach, what i love most about togo is the long beach line and i literally sat close to the beach every night and just smoking cigarette while watching the atlantic ocean, there's nothing more fun than, and one thing most people dont know about Nigerians is that we love our selfs more when we meet in foreign land! Cuz i also had similar experience during my stay in togo too. I will advice you save up and travel to europe or any good south america country it is more better than togo trust me even though i love togo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kelechi009: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

To understand what? You go Togo? For your mind you dey abroad abi? No be your mate dey use that same money process to go UK?
Your village people remote you go Togo, no be even South Africa or Kenya. if you like no go do deliverance. If you were from a learned family, your absurd reasoning will make all of them disown you.

Leave him alone, a relative of mine went there too & now he his a very big boy. He his now a millionaire in CFA.

Don't ask me to do currency exchange plizzz, Millionaire is Millionaire, as long as the Million is there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

26 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Amen!!! I receive it.

How’s their food so far?

Create a food diary on the food section to share your food adventure please. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
You open your mouth waaaaaa and called Nigeria a shit hole?

But if you have issue with the so called foreign country, you'll be tagging same Nigerian officials to help you out.

That's foolishness at its peak
Buje1987:

Please I envy you and I love your courage brother please try and save enough money to cross to Canada, USA or UK from there and I pray God almighty will see you through. Please stay safe there and be very careful also. I have only spent 5 days in Cotonou so I really don’t know much and that was 2017. God is already leading through away from this shit hole called Nigeria for you to have met with good Nigerian guys same day you arrived. Please update us as things unfold in another country

8 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
If the tricycle guy japa nko
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Malawian(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
If you voted for Buhari, ekwensu will bless you in that your abroad.
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Yoighaman(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
There's so much money to be made in Nigeria, I wonder why people leave, if financial gains is their goal; even the oyinbos see Naija as a place they can cash out, that's why you'd see Lebanese, Chinese, Indians and even Europeans in Nigeria, it is so interesting that some of them even hold our Nigerian passport, just to make the money. The playing ground might not be level, just pray that your borderlines fall unto you in good places. There are beggars and homeless people in Nigeria, so there are in the US. Na God know where everybody go make am.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Go and succeed. Try learning French. You can even achieve this on your own but you have to be serious about it. All you need is shikini money to subscribe to their one year package and your android phone. You'd be able to speak French like locals. Try babbel.com. I'm a living witness. Na my oyinbo partner gave me the info about the site. Now, I speak French fluently. If you attend their classes too, it would help you cope and learn faster. Good luck. You'd surely get to your destination.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
sportskid:

Good point, but his problem is not so much a money issue, he was bothered about insecurity in the country. He needed a peaceful country..... Atleast relatively speaking

Even though I get ur point. He can relocate to a safe zone in Nigeria. There are many even Lagos. If u want to travel out go to better country abeg.

Ghana is even better than Togo. Security issues are in every country.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
FuckDModz:

He probably stole the money or duped his friends and family.

I don’t think so. He’s not running from any particular person or people.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by dododawa1: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
See the level of Togo to Nigeria in BUHARI regime

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Bamzyriches451: 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Damn!!
Congratulations Ogbeni op, go and conquer

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by zeeace(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
People are telling you congratulations for leaving Nigeria to Togo or bukinaFaso? God4bid.
If i leave this country it is only to Europe then some few Asian or north American countries.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
princewarri1985:
How did you managed to get an hotel for 2000 cfa in togo? The last time i was in togo i search for a cheap hotel in lome togo close to aflawo border and the cheapest i got was 7000 cfa france and the hotel name is seaside resort opposite laguna beach, what i love most about togo is the long beach line and i literally sat close to the beach every night and just smoking cigarette while watching the atlantic ocean, there's nothing more fun than, and one thing most people dont know about Nigerians is that we love our selfs more when we meet in foreign land! Cuz i also had similar experience during my stay in togo too. I will advice you save up and travel to europe or any good south america country it is more better than togo trust me even though i love togo

France or Canada is my target and it's easier from here as I heard. That aflao is Ghana border side and lots of travers that side probably why the hotel you got was 7,000. The driver I met at Benin Republic/ Togo border was the person who showed me the cheap hotel in an area called Baguida. So I didn't even get to main Lome my first day until the guys I met took me to Lome and I got to know the Aflao border as well.

11 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by faithfull18(f): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
Some nairalanders and their bad mouth. At Op, you have mind oh.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by FuckDModz: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

I don’t think so. He’s not running from any particular person or people.

Read in between the lines.
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Bishop(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.

If you have a resident permit in Togo, it will be lot easier to apply for a visa from any embassy there.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by benqo01(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congrats,avoid dem Togo girls Sha

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
jaxxy:

Even though I get ur point. He can relocate to a safe zone in Nigeria. There are many even Lagos. If u want to travel out go to better country abeg.

Ghana is even better than Togo. Security issues are in every country.

My brother, is it by force to stay in Nigeria? I needed a change of environment and a new experience which is my personal choice and doesn't have to be the sort of choice you will make. One man's meat is another man's poison.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz Togo is a good thing country, been there last year with my Oga, steady light, good security, spend a week there,

you might had consume that drink called Tamarinda, a very good soft drink, unlike the sugar sugar soft drink here,

you are right about the language, buying food, I had to add demonstrations with my England for better understanding

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Aaae: 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by mikywonder(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
Confirmed
God bless u

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
benqo01:
Congrats,avoid dem Togo girls Sha

wetin Togo girls do you, they are sweet, I was making friends with one of em, before my Oga say it's time to go home, could not even get the chance to tell her goodbye

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Taku555(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
May God bring success to your door steps. Please avoid Nigerian ladies in Togo. I would advise you to go from Togo to Ghana. You could succeed in Ghana than in Togo. The language barrier is a lifetime disease.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by charlesELIKIBA: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

God bless your efforts... They will not be in vain.
Your post is very daring I must say.
Am sorry but you left Nigeria without a plan.
How you switched destinations over night is worrisome, more worrisome is your investment on a person you barely know.
You are doing business in a country you do not know the language... That's a huge risk.

But all the same, I pray it all ends in premium grace.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City (updates) / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.