Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me (17114 Views)

Pls Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Putting Pressure On Me / My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / How To Know That You Are Putting Too Much Effort In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Adabilaal: 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
Bro tryna go to church. It's very important. It will change your mindset

It is said, do not forget the gathering of brethren as in the manner of some.

Believers gather together every service time. If you believe in Jesus just get your ass and go to church tomorrow.

Also I'll advice you marry if you're financially ready and start modifying your friend list bro
If you keep waiting, you'll never be ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maxwell775:
Good day nairalanders. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll be brief.

While I was growing up I love playing football, I'm a very good defensive midfielder, I be correct number 6, I have always wanted to play for Nigeria and other big clubs. But my dreams becoming a footballer wasn't coming to reality so I have to focus on my business full time.

I work from mon - sat, while sundays are my free days but I don't go to church. I'm part of those people that plays ball on a Sunday morning, I'm 31 and I still dey play ball well, Infact from Saturday evening my friends have started calling me against tomorrow's match.

Although my girlfriend have persuaded me to start going to church but all to no avail. I can't remember the last time I went to church. Please note that I study my bible, I pray always, I help people around, I visit homes of the needy. But Its been a decade I went to church.

My girlfriend attends church very well, even weekly service. She is really mad at me, she has invited me to church several times but I would turn her down. Now she said she can't go on with our relationship, she don't want a situation whereby if we get married and other families are going to church with their husbands, that I will be in the streets playing ball, she want her marriage to be built on God's word... Bla Bla Bla

Now My Mother on the other hand, is putting pressure on me to go settle down. Everytime, your mates are married, give me grandchildren, do you want me to die before you marry, I didn't give birth to impotent children.

Guys, please note that my elder bro is married with 2 kids. Abeg no be grandchildren be that?? Why put pressure on me.

My Mother pressure.. My girlfriend pressure. I'm just confused and its getting too much. Please I need advice.

Useless boy, go and get married. And go to church.... grin

On a more serious note, your girl wants a man who would take the lead in spiritual as well as other affairs. And your mom does not want to die without you having gotten married...it's the way of elderly women and men with kids (just wait till you achieve her age with kids who are tardy about getting married, and you will get my drift)

So, think about it. If you are not ready for all that...fine. Not by force. But be prepared, young man life is not forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Biglogo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
U are matured and know what is good for you, so the ball is ur court. One glass of skirt pls

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by juman(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
Is there something like evening service in the church.
Maybe you can attend that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by rickpat(m): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
let no one pressure you to marry o ...if not your marriage might turn out to be a community project i.e a marriage where family always settle issues..lol...you need to be mentally ready first,then financially...please don't let anyone push you. ..make up your mind...and picture the kind of home you want...going to church is not a bad thing but only that doesn't guarantee a great home...so paint the picture of a home you want...check other qualities in your present girl. ..if you two are good together to a large extent then you could start thinking of the marriage. remember NO PRESSURES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Orente21(f): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
bayocanny:
Desperation to get married at all cost made a lot of people marry a total stranger, and when they finally realised who they married, it will be too late.

In Nigeria, Marriage is synonymous to happiness even if those spouse are miserable.

Young man, never allow anyone to pressurize you in getting married, take your time and build yourself mentally, emotionally and most importantly financially.

PS: I will not advice you.
Hello
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Alabo7978(m): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:
Yo my nigga, don’t let no one pressure, your the captain, do what you think is right.

People don’t really get the joy in Sunday set, damn! Just some few hours to burn some calories and express yourself, bitch ass niggas ain’t gonna understand

My girl too she always sad but I don’t give a damn, the one thing that gives me joy, playing soccer and you wanna take it away from me cos of church, damn I ain’t even religious.

I said what I said
mumu.
not your advice, but the way you type.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by atdscentofwater: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
Are u mentally ready?, eventually its ur life

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Klass99(f): 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by chloride6: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
No let anybody pressure you ooh?
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by HIbreed(m): 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
Don't ever get married!
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by abobote: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
And what is your for not wanting to get married
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by jumper524(m): 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
If people ask you say you sure say you ready for marriage, my brother your not ready.
But if these question is not there, then your 20% ready.
And you need at least 70% readyness b4 thinking about marriage..
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by MadeMan01(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
MufasaLion:
Marry when you are ready emotionally, psychologically, financially, etc.

Marriage is different from courting/dating. Shit is scary, though.

Never let a woman nag you into marriage. They will not be the ones to bear the burden of responsibilities. Marry on your own terms and to a woman that adds value to your life and does something for a living. If she has more than 700 Instagram followers and not in entertainment or TV, don't take her serious. Entertainment girls should not be taken seriously

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by DukeNija(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
Very few men are ever fully ready to settle down. Most of us weren’t ready but God was ready.
Infact, no matter how prepared you’re premarriage, you can never be fully ready for marriage. Marriage can only be learnt or prepared for once in it. If you both have a source or sources of income, you’re good to go.
Oga go and marry and stop giving excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Tribu(m): 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maxwell775:

While I was growing up I love playing football, I'm a very good defensive midfielder, I be correct number 6, I have always wanted to play for Nigeria and other big clubs. But my dreams becoming a footballer wasn't coming to reality so I have to focus on my business full time.

I work from mon - sat, while sundays are my free days but I don't go to church. I'm part of those people that plays ball on a Sunday morning, I'm 31 and I still dey play ball well, Infact from Saturday evening my friends have started calling me against tomorrow's match.

Although my girlfriend have persuaded me to start going to church but all to no avail. I can't remember the last time I went to church. Please note that I study my bible, I pray always, I help people around, I visit homes of the needy. But Its been a decade I went to church.

My girlfriend attends church very well, even weekly service. She is really mad at me, she has invited me to church several times but I would turn her down. Now she said she can't go on with our relationship, she don't want a situation whereby if we get married and other families are going to church with their husbands, that I will be in the streets playing ball, she want her marriage to be built on God's word... Bla Bla Bla

Now My Mother on the other hand, is putting pressure on me to go settle down. Everytime, your mates are married, give me grandchildren, do you want me to die before you marry, I didn't give birth to impotent children.

Guys, please note that my elder bro is married with 2 kids. Abeg no be grandchildren be that?? Why put pressure on me.

My Mother pressure.. My girlfriend pressure. I'm just confused and its getting too much. Please I need advice.

This one na pressure? embarassed
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Newboss(m): 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
No just reason any nonsense they tell you. They're women. They naturally no dey reason logically. They love to follow the crowd.

Wahala for man wey wan go marry. If you don marry, you be ode and mumu combined
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by lereinter(m): 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
Is it ball that's preventing you from attending a good church?

How many gf you get

Are you thinking you're too young to marry or you think of the financial implications.

Sometimes it's not good to delay marriage especially when you have a godly woman.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Aaae: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
Don’t let them force you

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by yewawa: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
The fact that she goes to church Wella does not make her the best girl for you my brother......she might turn out to be the regret of your life(am experiencing that regret now).What I am saying now is bro...don't be rushed,don't be pushed by anybody...including your parents,infact,they should be helping you to get the best prayerfully.And you,pray anyhow you want to pray to really get the best for yourself...concentrate my brother,it's a terrible experience with a bad wife.....

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by omolasho: 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Op. Encouraging you to be spiritual itself is a harmless cousel but the fact that over the years inept, unskilled and ill-educated ladies hiding under religion to "catch" gullible young men is disturbing.

Mums instrictively love us, but sometimes If you bow to mum's pressure, you may not necessarily pick a wrong mate, but you are most certain to marry at the wrong time.

Oga hold something before you marry because outside is not easy after marriage o!

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by LordOfTheGame: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
I will be on the side of every one of you now. Your mama, your babe and yourself.

First your MAMA: Guy try settle that innocent woman with the only request she asked of you; grandchildren. You don't really need to marry before you achieve this. Just target your babe and do the needful. I buried my papa last Dec and it still me that he didn't live to see my kids even though he already has some from my sister.

Your Babe: I know how girls with this kind of talks dey act. She wants a Godly marriage and home, she goes to church very often like too religious but she might stil have a side guy by the corner in case... or that is wiping her in your absence. She is using the religious things to coerce you into committing with her.

Lastly You: Bros why you no wan marry na? Look make I tell you, marriage is not that difficult as people would want us to believe. Forget about all these "if you're emotionally, mentally and financially ready" things, it all depends on whom you meet and wants to marry. Ask yourself, are Okada and bricklayer people who're making little money not getting married? You sef go fit still do am, just get one babe way her senses correct and start with her. It doesn't matter how little but the main thing is that you 've started and trust me, that your vision of building an empire will still be realized. You can't play away your future in the field, since it didn't work out for you in the field you should open up other channels. Marriage is one of such and your hidden blessings and potentials will manifest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Jayslyder: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
Why u sef no won go church??u dey follow God fight??

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by JoseRaji(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maxwell775:

Dude. You're 31, and still harbour a fantasy of playing football for your country? Still glorify playing football on the street over settling down as a man?

I just hope that when you're ready to sit down and make a decision about your future, your "girlfriend" wouldn't have moved on from you. Think about your life man... There's time for everything.

Also, who says that doing good and reading bible can be used to replace attendance in church?

Sigh... All the best to you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by kendological(m): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maxwell775:

We are agemates, I don't go to church because I stopped believing, I live in Kaduna, play football Saturday before business and Sunday. Marry when you're ready and to a lady who is okay with your choice, as long as you don't interfere with hers.

BTW I need a lady who is content with my lifestyle, if interested, quote me or dm me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by BigBashiru: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
SQLmastar:
angry
First off, marriage is not compulsory for any human being. Jesus, Peter, etc they didn't marry.
Secondly, if you must marry, ensure your woman is 101% ready to become submissive no matter what...even if you may be at fault.
Thirdly, to find a wife, I encourage you to go to NYSC monthly clearance location and study your potential wife...DO NOT, I repeat, DO NoT go to church in order to find wife.
Fourthly, that gf of yours that is pestering you for marriage, marry her if and only if she is a virgin or you were the one who deflowered her. I have my reasons for saying this.
Lastly, I wish you peace of mind.
I am a footballer myself. On Sunday football, no one dares start any match without me. I am a showstopper in midfield, what you would call a modern day DMF. If I ever miss the ball, your legs must not go free wink

My dear I no go lie to you, its better to catch them young.... how does one find out nysc clearance location in their state??
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by kendological(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:
Yo my nigga, don’t let no one pressure, your the captain of the ship, do what you think is right.

People don’t really get the joy in Sunday set, damn! Just some few hours to burn some calories and express yourself, bitch ass niggas ain’t gonna understand

My girl too she always sad but I don’t give a damn, the one thing that gives me joy, playing soccer and you wanna take it away from me cos of church, damn I ain’t even religious.

I said what I said
Who religion help?
Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by uthlaw: 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
blinking001:
Did you meet your girlfriend a virgin? If No don't get married to her. Why is your girlfriend playing the card on you? Its seems she's calling the shots in the relationship. I feel sorry in advance for you if you put a ring on that finger.
Don't get married. There's nothing in it for you.
Are you scared of growing old and lonely? You'll always be lonely as a man at old age wether you're married or not. your wife will be too busy visiting the kids for omugwor.
Children? You can have kids without getting married to any woman
Beauty? She'll grow old and ugly and smelly as time goes on.
Breast and yansh? Totally worthless as time passes.
Character? Her character will only get worst as time pasees by
Love? A woman cannot properly love a man. Love is a language of fools. It doesn't exist.
Attractive? It will fade away as time passes by.
Again i ask what's in it for you?

you finished talk for here ooo...you even get tired of the pussy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Dmacqh(m): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
This isn’t pressure boss .
Speed kills yet cars continue to speed .
Life isn’t straight .
Though I’m a young aspiring footballer , it can’t replace my God or His Day ( Sunday ) with football, never ( yes God own from Mon-Sun) no argument . It’s in the 10 commandments.
Try and balance . If it was the girl that was pushing you to marry , it would have been a different ball game . But your mother . You see , mothers continuously wants the best for each child , they can give their life , same as fathers , I’m speaking as a witness . My dad is my biggest supporter and backbone , and my mum is my prayer warrior. So if tomorrow
they said I should lay my life for them to live , I will do it for them without thinking twice .
Are you not financially okay ( house , car , business , investment) etc ?
Is your girlfriend not wife material ( working , educated, submissive, loyal and faithful ) ?
You can go to church and still play your Sunday football . I’d that when I lived around Onumonu Street , Owerri .
Football starts by 8am , so I go for either 5:30am or 5:30pm mass. I think that’s the advantage of been a Catholic. I know some Pentecostals also have different church time .
Someday you won’t play football again , you may get injured or get sick , so don’t think you can’t do away with football .
NB : those saying don’t get married , tell us the right time and age to get married ? Who fixed the time and date ? What the sign you are ready for marriage ? I pray to make it early in football, and settle down . As an Igbo person , marriage is part of my culture . The merits and demerits are the spice of life .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by uthlaw: 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
Adabilaal:
Bro tryna go to church. It's very important. It will change your mindset

It is said, do not forget the gathering of brethren as in the manner of some.

Believers gather together every service time. If you believe in Jesus just get your ass and go to church tomorrow.

Also I'll advice you marry if you're financially ready and start modifying your friend list bro
If you keep waiting, you'll never be ready
what is special about the marriage!
Who de share money for church..
He should abandoned is friend because he want to get married, read what you post again,is there any sense in it?

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me by Clinghton: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
You're not ready to marry from the look of things, marriage requires sacrifice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boss Want Me To Do Him: And Am Not Gay. / Saddest Love Story: Camara Laye And Marie / I Have Never Cummed During Sex, What Can I Do??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.