Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32763 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Iambro(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
Debugging codes is what I have been doing for a while with these oyinbo clients and I charge between $150-200
I haven't really worked on any serious remote project.
Most of my work to local client are not encouraging I charge between 150k - 200k even with these charges na long talk and explanation go follow am.
If anybody can link me up with any remote job I'll really appreciate.
I work with JavaScript (and it frameworks/libraries),php and also dart

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by McTobe(m): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
Uyo. The online course I am presently running on my.ine has enough lab work. I have to switch hundred percent to using Ubuntu OS just to take all the challenges that comes with it.
Tomahawk99:

If you can study and get enough lab hours and a certification then you can get remote jobs easily, even in naija jobs are becoming more available.
Where do you reside?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by cle62000(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Weyrehmod:
I'm an upcoming web developer, I'm currently learning the basics of web development (done with HTML almost through with CSS)

I'll appreciate if i can find a mentor that will guide me through this journey...

To all our senior web developer in here you can create a WhatsApp group for beginners like me,where we can ask questions whenever we lost in this journey

Seconded � I am a learner too currently on JavaScript now
Pls I join him to beg for mentor and the creation of maybe Whatsapp group or a thread for beginners
Thanks
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

For learning management system, Moodle is THE defacto Solution. I also mess around with OLAT, Sakai, openEDX.

For Library Management there's Koha or Evergreen

We are using OpenEDX at one of my jobs, you are right it us huge. I know nothing much about it other than the data I'm giving
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Sadly that's true Data science gigs are not easy to come by, plus I have no knowledge on DS mostly Mobile and Servers

Damn!! And I am far too deep into python.

Thanks all the same sir.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
theForth:

Damn!! And I am far too deep into python.

Thanks all the same sir.

But your python skills you can get gigs for QA Testing Selenium if you don't mind branching into that on the side. But check LinkedIn for DS gigs and upworks, I can make a search and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

But your python skills you can get gigs for QA Testing Selenium if you don't mind branching into that on the side. But check LinkedIn for DS gigs and upworks, I can make a search and get back to you.

Thanks bro!!

God bless man.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
theForth:

This would be a long process for me to be honest, data scientists don't get gigs?

Sorry for the many questions.

DS is a very tough field to break into, especially for us here in Naija. You will require some years of experience. Best to start of as a Data Analyst. Even that is not easy to get into. But if you do get in, the rewards are worth it

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by FanOfMyself: 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

I prefer TS over JS, but I can share resources in the slack, plus i assist people with their Upworks profile, the goal is having community of devs we can outsource our work to, soonce a gig comes, i can send to another dev add my money and we both get paid and move on. I don't believe in just me knowing alot of tech without sharing it with another. Outsourcing is the sweet spot, the issue is finding competent devs.

Hello bro, I am a full stack javascript developer MERN and MEVN. I'm interested in working with you.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by greenmouse(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
visit: https://greenmousetech.com/ for all your web development answers.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

We are using OpenEDX at one of my jobs, you are right it us huge. I know nothing much about it other than the data I'm giving

For openEDX, I had a quick job to install the entire stack (which is notoriously difficult to setup). Funny thing is I have some location where I get full VM or ISO for setups like this. Downloaded the ISO and VM from my trusted source and setup two servers, one for prod one for testing. Client was shocked at how quickly I had both up and running he wanted to start negotiating down the agreed fee (because, in his words, he thought it will take at least three days to setup and I had done it in about 90 mins). I locked the servers real quick. They guy rushed to pay.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
inogft:

Where do one get foreign projects pls

LinkedIn works if you have good experience else Upwork helps too, reddit but you have to have visibility meaning website, Github and some good projects. Remember you have to prove you are a good dev. That's my strategy that works for me

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by FanOfMyself: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
PAAZZ:
I need the service of a web/software developer in Abuja.

We can do contract, fulltime or partime depending on your schedule and what we agree to.

We have some basic jobs, standard job and others can be really complex depending on what you can handle.

Kindly send a mail if you are interested and within Abuja.
I'm in Abuja. Click on the link on my signature to visit my personal website.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by QuoteJustOnce: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Since qtguru couldn't respond to this, it's safe to assume that he is lying about earning 1.5m monthly.

The probability of him, qtguru, lying is like 10% (for this particular case); not saying he doesn't lie. heck; everybody does at a point in time. However, like what someone said; what he probably needs is a financial manager or more stringent financial mgt rules. Because, yes you're spot on. Taking up a 150k job to "pay bills" is bizarre. Yes, extra money is sweet, but It should be for what is is: extra money; not a bill-payment fund.
I can relate too perfectly; cos I earn in the same range and even took a smaller project (100k ish) for a friend (not friends/relatives only) cos I just wanted him to pay something and not get it for free. I wouldn't give a stranger that price(it would hurt my reputation). Alas; the dude was starting to "behave like an employer and me; the employee with a salary of 100k). So I quick offered a refund instantly without blinking dropped the project; then charged him the real rate for the job 500k.
So you see, if I had taken it to "pay bills"; I would have probably spent it, and then refunding it would be hellish; but since it was just extra money in the pocket; I had no issues sending it back to where it came from.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Tomahawk99(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
McTobe:
Uyo. The online course I am presently running on my.ine has enough lab work. I have to switch hundred percent to using Ubuntu OS just to take all the challenges that comes with it.
Yes most lab work you need knowledge and use of Linux.
Let's keep in touch, i can share a few learning resources with you and my experiences. I'm based in Abuja, i work freelance and still do a lot of study when am not working.
I hardly find people with interest in penetration testing even though it's one of the most lucrative fields in IT.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Samsnicks1: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]I'm new to all these... Though using bro code on yt.... Since like 3montgs ago.... But in my will to know more I came accross network chucks on kali Linux with vm.... So ever since I've noticed a real drop in my python coding learning.... I guess I'm more attracted to pen testing.... So need my ogas advice.... Will need a physical teacher here in lagos... I'm just so confused. Thanks in anticipation
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

The probability of him, qtguru, lying is like 10% (for this particular case); not saying he doesn't lie. heck; everybody does at a point in time. However, like what someone said; what he probably needs is a financial manager or more stringent financial mgt rules. Because, yes you're spot on. Taking up a 150k job to "pay bills" is bizarre. Yes, extra money is sweet, but It should be for what is is: extra money; not a bill-payment fund.
I can relate too perfectly; cos I earn in the same range and even took a smaller project (100k ish) for a friend (not friends/relatives only) cos I just wanted him to pay something and not get it for free. I wouldn't give a stranger that price(it would hurt my reputation). Alas; the dude was starting to "behave like an employer and me; the employee with a salary of 100k). So I quick offered a refund instantly without blinking dropped the project; then charged him the real rate for the job 500k.
So you see, if I had taken it to "pay bills"; I would have probably spent it, and then refunding it would be hellish; but since it was just extra money in the pocket; I had no issues sending it back to where it came from.

Your submission is realistic and reasonable. Taking small jobs for the sake of it or even for a new experience isn't bad at all.

I would have been fine with a 15k earner taking a 1.5k job to pay bills but a 1.5m earner taking a job of 150k to pay bills makes zero sense.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mountmoriah(m): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
10mm is #340.
@where
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by islamics(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Python programmer can declare a variable without declaring it's variable type
Even Java now does something like that cry, the type is infer at runtime. Imagine something like this:

var x = 10;
var y = "Hello";
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

Its not that deep, no naira at hand, only dollars either a loan or a quick side gig.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by chubbyswit(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
niel63:
@Op
As a freelancer what to charge varies from customers, timeline, and project needs.

for Wordpress, Opencart, Magento, Silverstripe, Joomla and Drupal... I charge between $400 - $800

for Wix, Shopify. I charge between $750 - $1500

for Custom development: it's between $1,500 - $3,500

for custom server setup, VPS configuration, relay email server configuration: it's between $200 - $750

Depending on what you requirmemt is, the aforementioned prices are set to change ooo...

I've actually submitted a quote of $12,000 to a client. Problem was he was bidding for $4,000 as what he can afford. Well, the project is still pending until he gathers enough resources to fund it.

In rare cases, I've actually done a website as low as 40k... (you'll know how quick this will be)

The more money a client pays the more attention I pay to the project. That's called Value for Money.

But the client don't come everytime ooo, so what I do when I don't have any client is, I learn a new thing. You see... Still expanding my Horizon.

FYI: 99.9% of my clients are Nigerians

you are quite lucky to have Nigerian clients who pay well for your services if what you posted is true because most I have encountered don't.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DDayve: 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

I stopped working with Nigerian Projects, the day I found myself shouting and cursing at the project owner. The lady just had an ego and hated Andela devs, I tried to tell her why the approach we were taking was wrong, this lady shut me down, until 3 weeks into development, the devs confirmed what I raised and it meant a rewrite and the lady said I should have convinced her properly. Omo I refunded their money and the sad part is it was 150k, then my salary was 10 times more, I just took it because I wanted to pay bills.

Foreign projects they listen to you and respect your opinions.
@tensazangetsu20 @qtguru
Boss please mentor me now. I will be forever grateful. Just some little calls I will be doing for guidance. I have mastered react, I have mastered Nodejs I have even built some little project with MongoDB, Express, React and Node. You can copy paste the link of my project from my CV and check it out. I am presently doing some stuff on DSA from freecodecamp.org. My CV is attached. Help a brother break into the industry

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 11:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
chubbyswit:
you are quite lucky to have Nigerian clients who pay well for your services if what you posted is true because most I have encountered don't.

I don't think it's entirely based on luck bro. I'd go with the fact that it's based on hardwork and trusting your own value.

Honestly, I know how typical Nigerian clients can be but omo, if you know what you know and give them what they know is true, you'll be the number one person they'll refer their friends to.

I've had someone insist that I host his website on my own server... now you see how I technically sold 2 services? Funny thing is, my server has an almost perfect uptime except from when there's an error in the server kennel updates or other minor issues, which most times I enter better SSH and sys-admin mode... not an expert but I know enough to power a solution.

Adding all these, comparing to other services abroad which they might or might not have used before.

The honest truth is to educate your clients on what you proffer as services

Modified: Some of my clients are now requesting I build their private hosting to accommodate all their websites, app and emails. They are all running away from shared hosting. grin grin

I have a client who paid me just 35k for website design in 2015 and as at 2021, she paid about $700... what do you think changed?
Value!

Modified again: Shey you know there are people who wants a wedding website here in Nigeria? Now this isn't a business website or anything. A wedding website. How long do you think they need it for? But they still had it done. Wedding don pass, domain don expire since but the *rsvp* and *qrcode* invite thing I did for them worked. So e no really matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Haywhyluv: 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

Can we talk
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 12:08am On Feb 14, 2022
Haywhyluv:

Can we talk
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 12:09am On Feb 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

grin grin grin

That's another thing to talk about. For me, I don't lock client's site oo as long as there's been a commitment even though you owe me.
I believe every reasonable individual should be able to follow through in an agreement. The work has been done, I don already put in my efforts. Keeping, locking or limiting access to the site or project is what I don't do.
What's really the point if you asked me though.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by lasgidi4rv: 12:36am On Feb 14, 2022
Please avoid such assumption in future. I am female and have been keenly following.
Jerryog:
When it comes to matters of intellect you won't see any lady on this section, because they don't strive to make it.

I think clients these days are skeptical in handling out projects, because of the notion that they can get everything for free from the internet. Some of them would post jobs on upwork only waiting for a free ride.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by GlobalWay: 3:27am On Feb 14, 2022
Quote me if you know you are truly good at it. A good Job awaits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.