Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32764 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Avoid Nigerians, Indians and Filipinos

I've never had a Filipino client but I wouldn't be surprised.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Agbelid: 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
cliffypatt:

Over $400,000 in one year? That's huge

It's hard to believe, but that's what he told me
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
solid3:

I couldn't keep up with new innovations in web development so I left for other business.

I have no background in Web development, only interest and I attended a 6 weeks training.

What is your interest, there are also non tech gigs check Upworks, alot of Nigerians make cash from VA, Design and Administrative support, just that Tech has a large barrier to entry so that drives the value vs a admin role.

Check on upworks or follow my diary, I tend to write more about it from time to time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmylight4u: 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
adetypea:
What's your location?

I like to learn too...Location Abuja.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
cliffypatt:

Over $400,000 in one year? That's huge

yeah that's massively huge, $33,000 usd monthly I don't know any job that pays remote like that unless he has a specialized skill, I am no doubting but that's very hard to reach via freelance

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Fapemz: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
Special regards to my people on here. Keep up the hard work, bigger rewards on the way for your legit hustles online. I am your power solution plug. I have a wide range of solutions and mini Inverter that is well suited for your online gig and alot more. Do get in touch. Cheers to the bright future!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Hotzone(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Is this employment or freelance?

Fees for Web applications can vary widely depending on what needs to be built. A core banking solution for example will cost way more than a hotel booking solution (even though you can get both for free on the Internet).

Free website is not really yours, if u know u know.

Contact me now

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Henrydata(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please who can design a data selling website for me like Datavilla, Datamarkertng, super jara and so on.....
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by nickyvil: 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
SEXONLY:
Broda can you guide me to become a web developer too?

Location??
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by ebenezary(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
l can see pro and he junior in the house
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:
I once lost a project of ₦17M because in Nigerian.
These yahoo boys give us a bad rep.
Nowadays, I'm shifting to online businesses. I have a SAAS that people subscribe for and I'm currently building another

This is the way, look at Shopify App Development if you build SAAS it will be worth your while
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by nickyvil: 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
SEXONLY:
Broda can you guide me to become a web developer too?

Part-01
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n_bVmiHFZVGBKP-6bI3hvuqytxoykh_Q?usp=sharing

With this link I sent, you should be able to learn within 2month if you can dedicate your time and this study is the simplest form you can learn from. Its a course and practical.. Beginner

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by lanre316: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

LOL. I can relate. I designed a website for a company. They were impressed and even told me to create and manage their official emails. After a year, when it's time to renew their hosting and domain, they don't pick up my calls nor respond to my emails. I just ignore them too and focus on my Oyinbo clients on fiverr. Those ones get sense and get deeper pockets pass my fellow Nigerians.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by guru90: 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mine is 250k
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

This is the way, look at Shopify App Development if you build SAAS it will be worth your while

Please what are the prerequisites for google chrome extension?

I need something easy and not too time consuming that can be a side hustle.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
theForth:

Please what are the prerequisites for google chrome extension?

JavaScript / HTML + CSS / Chrome API

it's easier if people join the slack group airsaylongcome is a strong person in our group and he shares alot of info on gigs and jobs. NL here it's the same old web gigs people are looking at.

tensazangetsu20 can attest to that

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by 1Taspah0: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
SINGLE TWO[ODD]
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING.

WHATS-AP;

0 8 1 7 9 1 4 6 0 3 4
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by africanman85: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Bro, how do you receive your payment from foreign clients ?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

1.5 then sef not anymore it's higher, remote jobs pay better coupled with the fact one can do side gigs

Monthly salary abi pay for periodic jobs?

Your initial post said you earn it monthly asin every month.

If 1.5m comes in every month guaranteed, a meagre 150k shouldn't be settling your bills whether short or long term.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
africanman85:
Bro, how do you receive your payment from foreign clients ?

Method 1: Deels

Client pay me there as contractor

method 2: DOM Account

They send to my DOM and I sell to BDC

Method 3: Wise

I send to my Wise and sell to a friend who sells the cash on Lemonade

Method 4: Bank ( Only do this if you are desperate)
My DOM can convert to naira except that this uses official rate.

My Advice

Get a DOM Account
Try and get a Wise Account

and find people who you can sell to, trusted friends. I have colleagues outside the country so it is easy for me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nreebge: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
mountmoriah:
Nice topic.

Meanwhile I sell iron rod

Payment on delivery

8mm

10mm

12mm

16mm

20mm

Check my signature for your ordering

Thanks

Prices

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Tomahawk99(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
I'm not a web developer but following this thread, it's informative.
Did web dev during my 3 yrs in school... switched to infosec and now a penetration tester.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mrfizy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Yes plus Page Builders and AI that can build web

The cash is in specific domain knowledge tensazangetsu20 is the best person to explain it best, because people tend to doubt it when i state it.

It's not the knowledge it's building value with the knowledge you have. Alot of companies have platforms that need engineers to work on, Moodle alone fetched me money if not the development experience is gruesome and complex. There are tons of platforms to dive into. Web Hosting is old skool
Boss I have built a couple of web pages, dabbled into Javascript a bit, can you please recommend a path or paths to specialty I need to follow from here.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Monthly salary abi pay for periodic jobs?

Your initial post said you earn it monthly asin every month.

If 1.5m comes in every month guaranteed, a meagre 150k shouldn't be settling your bills whether short or long term.

1.5 comes guaranteed but I have to invest most of that money, some of it goes to my business and also as a first born, I have financial responsiblities, like my parents, babe and siblings and I have needs too.

150k goes a long way

My internet is 20k monthly, my office license for MS Office 30k yearly , Netflix, Spotify and also membership fee I pay plus Food.

It's good to have a side gig taking care of bills when you invest a majority of salary

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Tomahawk99(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

yeah that's massively huge, $33,000 usd monthly I don't know any job that pays remote like that unless he has a specialized skill, I am no doubting but that's very hard to reach via freelance
"That's very hard to reach via freelance"... You said it all.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by apasino01: 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
teddyK:
Can someone please teach me web development?
drop your contact
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

1.5 comes guaranteed but I have to invest most of that money, some of it goes to my business and also as a first born, I have financial responsiblities, like my parents, babe and siblings and I have needs too.

150k goes a long way

My internet is 20k monthly, my office license for MS Office 30k yearly , Netflix, Spotify and also membership fee I pay plus Food.

It's good to have a side gig taking care of bills when you invest a majority of salary

Baba your millions investment should not leave you needing mere 150k.
Your investment should allow you to be able to make rainy day withdrawals or take loans against the investment. Haba

Work on your financial management.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
mrfizy:

Boss I have built a couple of web pages, dabbled into Javascript a bit, can you please recommend a path or paths to specialty I need to follow from here.
Thanks.

Ignore Nigerian jobs e.g Website building looking at building SPA, look into platform development WordPress etc then apply for remot gigs and be doing some side gigs on Upworks. trust me it makes more sense than working for a Nigerian Tech company. But the journey requires sweat and consistency. There is no quick path you must be good and keep practicing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by apasino01: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2022
Codeye:
Please anyone who is willing to teach. I need skills computer related skills
drop your contact
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
kurajordan:
Please I looking for who can run a successful crypto ad on any online platform.
Contact me...my number is in signature

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Baba your millions investment should not leave you needing mere 150k.
Your investment should allow you to be able to make rainy day withdrawals or take loans against the investment. Haba

Work on your financial management.

Mere 150k, interesting, you must be a rich man, Mere 150k for 2 weeks job is not a bad thing. but to each their own.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by waploger(m): 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
mountmoriah:
Nice topic.

Meanwhile I sell iron rod
Payment on delivery

8mm (How much)
10mm. " "
12mm " "
16mm " "
20mm " "
Check my signature for your ordering
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.