Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32731 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
niel63:
@Op
As a freelancer what to charge varies from customers, timeline, and project needs.

for Wordpress, Opencart, Magento, Silverstripe, Joomla and Drupal... I charge between $400 - $800

for Wix, Shopify. I charge between $750 - $1500

for Custom development: it's between $1,500 - $3,500

for custom server setup, VPS configuration, relay email server configuration: it's between $200 - $750

Depending on what you requirmemt is, the aforementioned prices are set to change ooo...

I've actually submitted a quote of $12,000 to a client. Problem was he was bidding for $4,000 as what he can afford. Well, the project is still pending until he gathers enough resources to fund it.

In rare cases, I've actually done a website as low as 40k... (you'll know how quick this will be)

The more money a client pays the more attention I pay to the project. That's called Value for Money.

But the client don't come everytime ooo, so what I do when I don't have any client is, I learn a new thing. You see... Still expanding my Horizon.

FYI: 99.9% of my clients are Nigerians

Ur price is incredible Nigerians pay you in USD or u give them the equivalent ?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
airsaylongcome:

What would be your reason then?
[/s]

If you could read, you'll see that I never had any problems with him taking the job.

I expressed concern about him needing the 150k to settle bills when he earns 1.5m monthly.

I put those in bold so you won't miss them. I'm also not expecting you to provide any reasonable answer to that anomaly since the OP himself couldn't answer it either.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
Obasempiree:

Ur price is incredible Nigerians pay you in USD or u give them the equivalent ?

Good question bro.

Some pay in USD while some use the current market rate.
Some are Nigerians in Nigeria and some are Nigerians is Diaspora
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

My initial quote to you was not for picking a 150k job, it was for using the 150k to SETTLE BILLS.

Don't change the narrative Mr. Developer. grin

Since qtguru couldn't respond to this, it's safe to assume that he is lying about earning 1.5m monthly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by nnamdiosu(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Henrydata:
Please who can design a data selling website for me like Datavilla, Datamarkertng, super jara and so on.....

Send me a on if you are interested
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Weyrehmod: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
I'm an upcoming web developer, I'm currently learning the basics of web development (done with HTML almost through with CSS)

I'll appreciate if i can find a mentor that will guide me through this journey...

To all our senior web developer in here you can create a WhatsApp group for beginners like me,where we can ask questions whenever we lost in this journey
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Since qtguru couldn't respond to this, it's safe to assume that he is lying about earning 1.5m monthly.

just say you want proof lol
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Saucy1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Obasempiree:

pm me
Sir, I just did.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
niel63:

Good question bro.

Some pay in USD while some use the current market rate.
Some are Nigerians in Nigeria and some are Nigerians is Diaspora
That's cool can I pm you?, I am an intermediate web developer hopefully I can get some insights from you
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Obasempiree(m): 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Weyrehmod:
I'm an upcoming web developer, I'm currently learning the basics of web development (done with HTML almost through with CSS)

I'll appreciate if i can find a mentor that will guide me through this journey...

To all our senior web developer in here you can create a WhatsApp group for beginners like me,where we can ask questions whenever we lost in this journey
How long have u been learning?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

If you could read, you'll see that I never had any problems with him taking the job.

I expressed concern about him needing the 150k to settle bills when he earns 1.5m monthly.

I put those in bold so you won't miss them. I'm also not expecting you to provide any reasonable answer to that anomaly since the OP himself couldn't answer it either.

If I had a bill of ₦180k and see an opportunity to earn ₦150k (with minimal effort) towards offsetting that bill, I will take it and pay the bill
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Sheriman:

I understand you bro!! But not in programming or any tech related career. You can only survive if you're really good at what you're doing. Keep practicing keep reading documentations keep learning new tools and framework will be introduced which you have to learn along side it. No room for lazyness in technology career or else you will fade away then abandoned it for those people who really serious about it. It can't be saturated like other fields. Get 10 guys today buy each of them a laptop and data to start learning programming or any tech related field, 2 years later, you will be surprised that hardly 3 guys will still remain learning while the other 7 must have abandoned it.

It is true Programming is exhausting and takes alot I often refer people to try out:

1. LMS You don't need to code learn to manage a platform like Moodle
2. Shopify
3. Virtual Assistant
4. UI/UX Designer
5. Video Editing, if you are good, you can get gigs remote and sell montages
6. Specialized toolset skills, like maybe a specific solution e.g Articulate Studio

There are so many ways to make cash asides tech, the advantage tech has, is you can show your proof of work and it requires specialized skills so if you know your tool. you will always be in demand.

I have been doing this freelance for a while but despite that it's not everything I know, in the slack group airsaylongcome posts the most IT Support jobs that I didn't even know was an option. We Nigerians spend much time on NL and only chase what is popular

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Newusername(m): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

It is true Programming is exhausting and takes alot I often refer people to try out:

2. Shopify
3. Virtual Assistant
4. UI/UX Designer
6. Specialized toolset skills, like maybe a specific solution e.g Articulate Studio

There are so many ways to make cash asides tech, the advantage tech has, is you can show your proof of work and it requires specialized skills so if you know your tool. you will always be in demand.

I have been doing this freelance for a while but despite that it's not everything I know, in the slack group airsaylongcome posts the most IT Support jobs that I didn't even know was an option. We Nigerians spend much time on NL and only chase what is popular

Good evening and happy sunday. Please sir I would love to join the Slack group, how do I get the link?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
qtguru:

just say you want proof lol
[/s]

Lying will lead you to Hell. Repent.
Anytime you lie and don't say truthful words, you run the risk of exposing yourself spiritually and holistically bro reason ur boy abeg to harmful demonic vibes that may in fact send you to damnation. Repent so that it will not be your portion.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Sarkin: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
$120k just for some code
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Lying will lead you to Hell. Repent.
Anytime you lie and don't say truthful words, you run the risk of exposing yourself spiritually bro reason ur boy abeg to harmful demonic vibes that may in fact send you to damnation. Repent so that it will not be your portion.

Shalom!

You will be alright bro.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by cephasdultimate: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
Egbon qtguru pls don't respond to that guy again. He is trying to make your day bad
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Sarkin:
$120k just for some code

This was Upworks to fix an existing Project that had bugs, 2 years ago

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
cephasdultimate:
Egbon qtguru pls don't respond to that guy again. He is trying to make your day bad

me ke, I just dey play around, but I am serious about Nigerians dev picking things up. which is why we are creating the slack. I don't comment about my finances because it's not me but there are devs on this platform who I feel can take advantage of such.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
Newusername:

Good evening and happy sunday. Please sir I would love to join the Slack group, how do I get the link?

Check the previous threads
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Saucy1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Obasempiree:

pm me
Pls sir, would you mind if you drop your contact so I could chat you up on WhatsApp. I'd really appreciate
God bless you �
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
When it comes to matters of intellect you won't see any lady on this section, because they don't strive to make it.

I think clients these days are skeptical in handling out projects, because of the notion that they can get everything for free from the internet. Some of them would post jobs on upwork only waiting for a free ride.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Lol! You are trolling bro. ₦1.5m is just a little less than $20/hr. That's entry level pay for a developer. But I get the basis of your doubt. I too didn't believe that people in Nigeria earn that amount

For perspective, this is a role for someone with Minimal Support experience. That's ₦3.4m per month for a rookie IT tech

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Jerryog:
When it comes to matters of intellect you won't see any lady on this section, because they don't strive to make it.

I think clients these days are skeptical in handling out projects, because of the notion that they can get everything for free from the internet. Some of them would post jobs on upwork only waiting for a free ride.

Hahahahahahahahaha...Trust me there are a lot of ladies in Tech who follow these kinds of threads on NL. Most are just afraid to talk because of the testosterone levels in these threads. It's mostly a dixk measuring contest that they can't cope with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Weyrehmod: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Obasempiree:

How long have u been learning?

A month
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by FahBuLous: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Codeye:

Boss can you put me through some? Please let's chat on WhatsApp. 0.7.0.5.6.2.4.3.5.1.2. Thanks
Also go to pdfdrive .com and download PDF on HTML, CSS and JavaScript....
That's for the frontend, if you don't wanna stop at frontend, you can also get that of MySQL, python and php...

Download videos on YouTube too, there are many resources online but I would best advice to learn from a computer institute then also implement on ur own too, knowledge from ur teacher and yours will go a long way...

Practice, pray, work hard...

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Jerryog:

Depends on the gig, 3.g Moodle there is no free resource it's so bad that Moodle devs are scarce, of you know Moodle dev well, you will get high paying ggis, but the development is stressful, there are many more platforms like that
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Newusername(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Check the previous threads

I have joined. Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

JavaScript / HTML + CSS / Chrome API

it's easier if people join the slack group airsaylongcome is a strong person in our group and he shares alot of info on gigs and jobs. NL here it's the same old web gigs people are looking at.

tensazangetsu20 can attest to that

This would be a long process for me to be honest, data scientists don't get gigs?

Sorry for the many questions.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
theForth:

This would be a long process for me to be honest, data scientists don't get gigs?

Sorry for the many questions.

Sadly that's true Data science gigs are not easy to come by, plus I have no knowledge on DS mostly Mobile and Servers
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

2. Shopify
3. Virtual Assistant
4. UI/UX Designer

For learning management system, Moodle is THE defacto Solution. I also mess around with OLAT, Sakai, openEDX.

For Library Management there's Koha or Evergreen

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by rockfortdigital: 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Emenet:
How much do u charge as a web developer either senior or junior developer

Depends on the project

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.