Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32769 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 14, 2022
mountmoriah:
@where
Delta state
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Alusiizizi(m): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hahahahahahahahaha...no not yet mid forties. Not quite yet. But pretty close. Lol

I started programming on the BBC Micro before things like amstrad came along. And if I went back to programming today it will be C++. I was schooled using strongly typed languages and don't get how a Python programmer can declare a variable without declaring it's variable type

Ok. I too agree with your pre-disposal to strongly typed languages. I feel that the potential for buggy coding is much more acute with non-typed languages like Python.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by NobleLivy(m): 6:38am On Feb 14, 2022
Hello, people I trust we all are doing great!

========================================================================================

* WE ARE BUYING BELOW FUNDS DAILY *

� PAYONEER FUNDS: � dollar �

(Sell to us, Bank Rate is TOO low now)
WE SELL AT THE BEST RATE, DM US NOW ; 09037060771

� CLEAN PAYPAL FUNDS (Fnf from Balance)

======================

�NETELLER (Mastercard/Visa/Forex)

OTHER SERVICES:

� WE DO FREELANCER WITHDRAWAL

============≠============≠==========
WE BUY/SELL

� US/NG PAYONEER ACCOUNT.

================================================================================================

▶️ Let's Be Your Plug
Your funds are SAFE trading with us.
Our Payment is Fast & Rate is good.
Serving our Valued Customers since 2014 with zero negative complaints.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by NobleLivy(m): 6:47am On Feb 14, 2022
Do not waste your fund on PAYONEER by withdrawing directly to your NAIRA account. Their exchange is too low. Contact us now as the best rate is assured! Let's deal ~09037060771
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by YellowMayor(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2022
mountmoriah:

Thank u sir God bless u

You're welcome bro
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Maghan37: 7:36am On Feb 14, 2022
qtguru:

I stopped working with Nigerian Projects, the day I found myself shouting and cursing at the project owner. The lady just had an ego and hated Andela devs, I tried to tell her why the approach we were taking was wrong, this lady shut me down, until 3 weeks into development, the devs confirmed what I raised and it meant a rewrite and the lady said I should have convinced her properly. Omo I refunded their money and the sad part is it was 150k, then my salary was 10 times more, I just took it because I wanted to pay bills.

Foreign projects they listen to you and respect your opinions.
People say men and women are equal but i have found women to be unreasonable when it comes to business.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by africanman85: 8:17am On Feb 14, 2022
qtguru:

Method 1: Deels

Client pay me there as contractor

method 2: DOM Account

They send to my DOM and I sell to BDC

Method 3: Wise

I send to my Wise and sell to a friend who sells the cash on Lemonade

Method 4: Bank ( Only do this if you are desperate)
My DOM can convert to naira except that this uses official rate.

My Advice

Get a DOM Account
Try and get a Wise Account

and find people who you can sell to, trusted friends. I have colleagues outside the country so it is easy for me
Bro please I will like to connect with you
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Ayrastarr(f): 8:36am On Feb 14, 2022
Jerryog:
When it comes to matters of intellect you won't see any lady on this section, because they don't strive to make it.

I think clients these days are skeptical in handling out projects, because of the notion that they can get everything for free from the internet. Some of them would post jobs on upwork only waiting for a free ride.

Oga, make your comments and leave women Alone!

I'm a lady and I know aloooot of women in tech/Web3 they just aren't active on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 8:50am On Feb 14, 2022
niel63:

I don't think it's entirely based on luck bro. I'd go with the fact that it's based on hardwork and trusting your own value.

Honestly, I know how typical Nigerian clients can be but omo, if you know what you know and give them what they know is true, you'll be the number one person they'll refer their friends to.

I've had someone insist that I host his website on my own server... now you see how I technically sold 2 services? Funny thing is, my server has an almost perfect uptime except from when there's an error in the server kennel updates or other minor issues, which most times I enter better SSH and sys-admin mode... not an expert but I know enough to power a solution.

Do you host your servers in a data centre you own? Aka your office or house with Server grade hardware running CentOS or Redhat or are you renting from Google/Amazon/Alibaba/Hetzner?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 8:53am On Feb 14, 2022
lasgidi4rv:
Please avoid such assumption in future. I am female and have been keenly following.

Well done on speaking up. I personally know a handful of ladies who follow these threads (especially the ones that discuss remote jobs) actively keeping in touch with the latest comments and post. But like one of them told me, she said it's to male-aggressive here. It's like people want to out-show each other that they are the better programmer or the better this or that.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2022
Maghan37:
People say men and women are equal but i have found women to be unreasonable when it comes to business.

I disagree this one was just a bit.ch , I've worked with numerous women, and she's the only one that gave me issues. Most women in business are often friendly as long as you are a professional and true yo your words. I think she had a pre-concieved notion about me, or I reminded her of her ex or something

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Antell95(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

I'll love to learn a thing or two from you
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Antell95(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2022
See the List of 20 Foods to Boost Your Immune System against Infections on [url=reloadnaija.com]ReloadNaija[/url]
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Antell95(m): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2022
kurajordan:
Please I looking for who can run a successful crypto ad on any online platform.

dm
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Kaycee54321(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2022
qtguru:

Sadly that's true Data science gigs are not easy to come by, plus I have no knowledge on DS mostly Mobile and Servers

My web dev friends say the same thing and I'm a living witness.

I wonder why though...
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2022
Kaycee54321:

I wonder why though...

You have to enter a company as a Dev then move to DS, that's the realistic approach unless you have a degree in it. But this is my opinion and not facts

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Do you host your servers in a data centre you own? Aka your office or house with Server grade hardware running CentOS or Redhat or are you renting from Google/Amazon/Alibaba/Hetzner?

While it'll be alot better and fun to have my infrastructure, I rent.
You want make Nepa disgrace me for like one week? cheesy Technically, Nigeria no get good maintainance culture.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 11:23am On Feb 14, 2022
niel63:

While it'll be alot better and fun to have my infrastructure, I rent.
You want make Nepa disgrace me for like one week? cheesy Technically, Nigeria no get good maintainance culture.

Omo I fear na! Say whether you get NEPA connect wey men nor know. NEPA have been terrible for me sha. Thank God for remote work. I have not had NEPA power supply for at least 4 months. Thank God for sun.

For your Infrastructure setup do you use ansible to automate management? Abi you dey log in to each server to run patches? I'm presently learning Ansible and Terraform so wanted to understand real life use-cases if you use it

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by evil1: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

I developed a website supposed to charge about 5-10million but I bit down my price to 590k so I could get the job..... built on both CMS and coded with html, css and JavaScript...for a professional body and they are still owing me 10k. Good part is that it's a contract and am asking for a review close to half a million if not more sef.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Kaycee54321(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2022
qtguru:

You have to enter a company as a Dev then move to DS, that's the realistic approach unless you have a degree in it. But this is my opinion and not facts

Thanks.
I'm already employed as a data analyst.

I'm upskilling to branch into Dev to earn big bucks from remote firms/Freelance.
Major barrier as a data person for remote gigs is using your battered reputation as a Nigerian to get a firm to trust you with sensitive data.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2022
Kaycee54321:

I wonder why though...

For me, I think it's from having a poor entry plan. Many Naija DS guys want to dive into DS/DE directly because they see fat money. I think many of them should start of with Data Analysis jobs. Show what you are capable of doing at lower responsibility roles. Work at that role for 2 years while doing side gigs or hobby roles. Pick up any open source solution and contribute to it as a hobby. Use that as a means of showcasing your skill set. With proven verifiable portfolio trust me na you go dey turn jobs away.

My route into remote working was one many Nigerians don't follow. I work in for a small Telecoms company in the US that provides business telephone services (PBX for businesses). All my knowledge in it was gotten from a YouTube channel and my raspberry pi. Built a small network at home and actually had my home Telephone system where I was learning and making mistakes. I mentioned this as my only experience at my interview and that was the clincher. The hiring manager said if I was building a telephone system at home (spending my own money to buy parts) then I was in it for more than the money (Na lie o! Na money dey my eye but it wasn't my immediate goal).

So my advise to DS folks is to show that you really love the field. I have a Solar Panel at home and I have been collecting data to see correlation between time of day and electricity generated. Also looking to do exploration of the data to see if there are any unseen trends.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmybliz(m): 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
solid3:
I started as a website designer in 2012 I used to charged 80k on the average.

I was never out of job cos I have my posters everywhere in the city of Abuja and my SEO was top notch.

The highest I ever charged was 200k, only 150k was paid.

The last website I did was around 2017. Ordinary static website could take up to 6month.

Also some newbies decided to spoil the market and were offering wedsites for 30k. So when you tell someone to pay 120k and they tell you it is cheaper with someone else, I simply tell them, please work with that person.

I'm into some other business now and I'm doing fine.

Please what business are you into now? I need thriving business ideas
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Thanks.
I'm already employed as a data analyst.

I'm upskilling to branch into Dev to earn big bucks from remote firms/Freelance.
Major barrier as a data person for remote gigs is using your battered reputation as a Nigerian to get a firm to trust you with sensitive data.

We brought it on ourselves, even in this NL, you will find supporters of frauds, even amongst the devs too. But the more remote companies you work for, the easier it gets, because Tech recruiters always point that as a plus, it shows trust and stability

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by solid3(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
emmybliz:

Please what business are you into now? I need thriving business ideas

I own a pharmacy now. I'm a biochemist.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nabi2000(m): 12:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
fineboynl:
Nigeria work nor be am especially with dollar and naira rate.

2014 to 2015 when dollar was exchanging for 200 to 230. I was doing jobs for 100k and now dollar is almost 600 I am still doing the same work 100k althrough and they refuse to upgrade the money.

It's so tiring and frustrating

Boss abeg I fit talk with you privately
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Kaycee54321(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

For me, I think it's from having a poor entry plan. Many Naija DS guys want to dive into DS/DE directly because they see fat money. I think many of them should start of with Data Analysis jobs. Show what you are capable of doing at lower responsibility roles. Work at that role for 2 years while doing side gigs or hobby roles. Pick up any open source solution and contribute to it as a hobby. Use that as a means of showcasing your skill set. With proven verifiable portfolio trust me na you go dey turn jobs away.

My route into remote working was one many Nigerians don't follow. I work in for a small Telecoms company in the US that provides business telephone services (PBX for businesses). All my knowledge in it was gotten from a YouTube channel and my raspberry pi. Built a small network at home and actually had my home Telephone system where I was learning and making mistakes. I mentioned this as my only experience at my interview and that was the clincher. The hiring manager said if I was building a telephone system at home (spending my own money to buy parts) then I was in it for more than the money (Na lie o! Na money dey my eye but it wasn't my immediate goal).

So my advise to DS folks is to show that you really love the field. I have a Solar Panel at home and I have been collecting data to see correlation between time of day and electricity generated. Also looking to do exploration of the data to see if there are any unseen trends.

Very insightful. Thanks so much.

I think I may have ticked off some boxes (work experience et Al).
I'd keep shooting for foreign gigs while trying to catch up on software dev. There's this thrill of creating a solution from scratch that's keeping me going amid the whole hassle of combining it with on the job office demands...
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Kaycee54321(m): 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
qtguru:

We brought it on ourselves, even in this NL, you will find supporters of frauds, even amongst the devs too. But the more remote companies you work for, the easier it gets, because Tech recruiters always point that as a plus, it shows trust and stability

Hmm. Good one.
I do currently work with a remote coy (though located in Naija with Naija pay). Happy to know that this could help for foreign opportunities...
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Angeldemon: 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2022
avalon7:
I am a block-chain developer atm and i also don't work for Nigerians, it's either they end up not paying you or they pay partly or they expect the world from you because they gave you ordinary 200k or so.

look at the nonsense you just typed "ordinary 200k"

Many of you nigerian developers are the worst to work with and carry arrogance about meanwhile you know nothing compared to our foreign folks. I have worked with asian devs and they deliver fast and smooth apps. Give nigerian developer work and its one story or the other. You make much noise on social media but when engaged deliver lowest.

Many of you will be quoting that you want same salary with foreign devs in america as if geographical location doesnt play a part anymore in salary ranges. many of you will soon start begging for jobs. In asia there are countless devs on sites like fiverr etc willing to do what you guys will be charging 4000 dollars for 500 dollars....and do it even faster and better.

continue carrying shoulder there

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
solid3:

I own a pharmacy now. I'm a biochemist.

I'm sure you would have deployed a proper retail management system aka point of sale software to enable you properly manage it
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DaCharis2016: 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2022
I want to learn somebody's handwork here o. Who can help me teach me one(on)one? I stay in Mafoluku. Any nearby trainer will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by avalon7(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2022
Angeldemon:

look at the nonsense you just typed "ordinary 200k"

Many of you nigerian developers are the worst to work with and carry arrogance about meanwhile you know nothing compared to our foreign folks. I have worked with asian devs and they deliver fast and smooth apps. Give nigerian developer work and its one story or the other. You make much noise on social media but when engaged deliver lowest.

Many of you will be quoting that you want same salary with foreign devs in america as if geographical location doesnt play a part anymore in salary ranges. many of you will soon start begging for jobs. In asia there are countless devs on sites like fiverr etc willing to do what you guys will be charging 4000 dollars for 500 dollars....and do it even faster and better.

continue carrying shoulder there

Yes "ordinary 200k" which is about $400. You sound like an employer and if you are then you are one of the people i was referring to.

If we Nigerian devs were not good at what we do then employers in the US and Europe won't be looking for our services.

People like you in your IGNORANCE always try to insult the profession. If a dev knows the job and can deliver you should pay that person their fair wage! If you can't pay then do it yourself.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.