Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32747 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by SEXONLY: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
At times one need a guidance.

avalon7:

No one can teach you web development. All the resources you need are online and you can access most of them for free.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Codeye(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please anyone who is willing to teach. I need skills computer related skills
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

I stopped working with Nigerian Projects, the day I found myself shouting and cursing at the project owner. The lady just had an ego and hated Andela devs, I tried to tell her why the approach we were taking was wrong, this lady shut me down, until 3 weeks into development, the devs confirmed what I raised and it meant a rewrite and the lady said I should have convinced her properly. Omo I refunded their money and the sad part is it was 150k, then my salary was 10 times more, I just took it because I wanted to pay bills.

Foreign projects they listen to you and respect your opinions.

You earned 1.5m monthly and still needed 150k to pay bills??

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mountmoriah(m): 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
melonsgroup:
prices

I hope this won't look as if we are derailing the thread, just saying this because of ban if not below are the prices.

But I think the best is for you to contact me through my signature below the prices.

N8mm @N365, 000 - 133pcs

10mm @N415, 000 - 133pcs

12mm @N410, 000 - 93pcs

16mm @N410, 000 - 52pcs

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by NLSOFTDeveloper: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nothing less that 80k to million naira or hundred and thousand dollars for website development and SEO Services @ NL SOFT

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by eventainment(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Depends on the job. 200k and above sha except it's just a static website

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Yes, I have alot of foreign bills, such as hosting, cloud servers and alot of subscriptions for my company plus people are dependent on me too

9 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by yankeecoder: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
It depends on the features and estimated duration of the project. Any project less than 50k won't do much for me so, I tend to avoid them atimes. One thing I've learnt is that you need to be very patient working for Nigerians, as much as there are lots of bad people, some of them are kind enough to listen and even give tips, one client even sent me christmas gift after paying me.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by DoggoneDogg: 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Yes, I have alot of foreign bills, such as hosting, cloud servers and alot of subscriptions for my company

And the 150k settled them. Lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.
Same thing happened to me. I charged someone ₦1M for a travel site. He paid only 400k and kept giving excuses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by bigcee(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

What is wrong with that?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by bigcee(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by manlawal(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
Codeye:
Please anyone who is willing to teach. I need skills computer related skills
you need to start with html and CSS then JavaScript , am also learning at my own pace I use newboston on YouTube and freecodecamp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by kurajordan(m): 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please I looking for who can run a successful crypto ad on any online platform.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

Yeah, I too have had a few sad stories involving Nigerian clients(and Indians as well), although it wasn't web development. I try to avoid them these days.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

And the 150k settled them. Lol

You will reach a point regardless of what you earn, money at hand quickly means alot. But I can't make you believe you me anyway so

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Codeye(m): 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
manlawal:
you need to start with html and CSS then JavaScript , am also learning at my own pace I use newboston on YouTube and freecodecamp
Boss can you put me through some? Please let's chat on WhatsApp. 0.7.0.5.6.2.4.3.5.1.2. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
solid3:
I started as a website designer in 2012 I used to charged 80k on the average.

I was never out of job cos I have my posters everywhere in the city of Abuja and my SEO was top notch.

The highest I ever charged was 200k, only 150k was paid.

The last website I did was around 2017. Ordinary static website could take up to 6month.

Also some newbies decided to spoil the market and were offering wedsites for 30k. So when you tell someone to pay 120k and they tell you it is cheaper with someone else, I simply tell them, please work with that person.

I'm into some other business now and I'm doing fine.

Switch to remote clients, you will get better pay
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Yeah, I too have had a few sad stories involving Nigerian clients(and Indians as well), although it wasn't web development. I try to avoid them these days.
Avoid Nigerians, Indians and Filipinos
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
bigcee:

What is wrong with that?

He doesn't understand that Lagos no matter how much you have, you need extra to save.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by manlawal(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
Codeye:

Boss can you put me through some? Please let's chat on WhatsApp. 0.7.0.5.6.2.4.3.5.1.2. Thanks
check my signature

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

1.5 then sef not anymore it's higher, remote jobs pay better coupled with the fact one can do side gigs
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
I once lost a project of ₦17M because in Nigerian.
These yahoo boys give us a bad rep.
Nowadays, I'm shifting to online businesses. I have a SAAS that people subscribe for and I'm currently building another

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by cliffypatt(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Agbelid:
I won't answer this question directly but indirectly by typing alot of information. It is a short article I'm currently writing for my blog

Websites are typically informational in nature. They are basically collection of web pages which can be assessed in a browser. You're supposed to just read and look at everything that's on a website, and that's the majority of your experience as a user. your goal is to learn something and to absorb the information. Technically, you could have just as easily read that same information in a book. You just happened to find it on a website, probably due to personal convenience. Example of sites are blogs, landing pages, portfolio sites, company sites

Creating a website is so easy these days anyone could learn it to do it in 15 mins. This is NOT a skill to that will not put alot of cash in you pocket.

Creating a website today just doesn't require a high degree of technical skill compared to creating a web applications and web services.

A lot of ppl not in tech have heard the term 'Web developers' a trillion times, then subconsciously thinks they are everywhere, hence not a valuable skill. Web developers don't just create websites. They create web applications and web services, really good Web developers are exceptionally rare and they easily earn millions.

Now it is time for me to explain Web Applications and Web services

Web applications are defined by being interactive. You're supposed to use a web application in order to perform a function and use some of the web applications features. Lots of web applications don't even have real informative content or data exactly. People are just supposed to use them in order to perform additional tasks, using their features to accomplish something. E.g online banking, e-commerce, portal e.t.c thousands of web apps exist today that have positively impacted businesses. Mastering this skill will put a lot of cash in your pocket

Web services are used by two or more web applications to interact with each other. All web services are API. Short for Application Programming Interface. Lot more harder to explain newbies, so I'll use this analogy.

Let's say you are hungry and need something to eat, you could go to the market, buy the required items and cook yourself. But you will have to do alot of work to accomplish this. Or you could go to a restaurant where you just need to sit down. You will not be allowed to enter the Chefs area. The waiters are there to serve you. API are like waiters in a traditional restaurant in the sense that they are software lntermediaries that allow two web apps talk to each other. Popular examples are the buttons that allow you sign up with a single click using Google or Facebook. Those are APIs.

If you can build web applications and web services, you are truly a software developer and there will be at least 100million new jobs for software developers btw now and 2026

A Master web developer is extremely hard to come by, they have other skills which cut across several fields such as DevOps, ML, Testing, Security. A single project can require all these skills. Master Developers also have plenty yrs of experience which makes them extremely valuable. These ones make over 60m in a year without breaking a sweat.

A friend told me his friend made over $400,000(over 220 million) in 2021 working remotely for various forms and also freelancing works.

Over $400,000 in one year? That's huge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by solid3(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Switch to remote clients, you will get better pay

I couldn't keep up with new innovations in web development so I left for other business.

I have no background in Web development, only interest and I attended a 6 weeks training.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

That's the nature of freelance. There will be active and slow times, just like any business. Having (many)good clients is what every freelancer hopes for, although one must avoid having too many.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by SmartPolician: 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Is this employment or freelance?

Fees for Web applications can vary widely depending on what needs to be built. A core banking solution for example will cost way more than a hotel booking solution (even though you can get both for free on the Internet).

How much do you charge and you are blowing grammar. That's how people fail exams and start blaming village people and lecturers for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
SEXONLY:
Broda can you guide me to become a web developer too?

use w3schools
Freecodecamp
They are all free

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Vondata:
To be sincere, web development is becoming stale....so much competition there....
With a domain and Hosting, I earn too little because there r others who will even pay less.
5k is within the gain range after deducting domain and hosting

Yes plus Page Builders and AI that can build web

The cash is in specific domain knowledge tensazangetsu20 is the best person to explain it best, because people tend to doubt it when i state it.

It's not the knowledge it's building value with the knowledge you have. Alot of companies have platforms that need engineers to work on, Moodle alone fetched me money if not the development experience is gruesome and complex. There are tons of platforms to dive into. Web Hosting is old skool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.