Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32768 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by gabpaul: 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:
I once lost a project of ₦17M because in Nigerian.
These yahoo boys give us a bad rep.
Nowadays, I'm shifting to online businesses. I have a SAAS that people subscribe for and I'm currently building another
What's SAAS?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

I'm in the slack. Last I checked you posted an helpful resource for developers interested in JavaScript. I open am, 1000 pages.

Me:

LOl I am recording a video today to explain some JS, no worries everyone says JS na issue so I get una back

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Ishitinyourlife: 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
pussymonger1:
200K LOWEST
You can't build a blog even with a dozen video reference and a pro holding your hand
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by avalon7(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Allisgud:
really so how do I get started on line

Just go to YouTube or Google and search "roadmap to becoming a web developer" . You'll get an idea on what you need to learn. For the resources you'll need, you can get them on YouTube too or sites like udemy, couresa, edx and others. It takes a lot of self discipline to be a self taught programmer so you'll need to set goals for yourself and make sure you complete them.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

No avoid those look at niche skills like Shopify, Chrome extension, I got paid 100usd for a quick task, don't look for low balling gigs. Which is why experience matters for leverage , it can be higher i take small gigs because of speed.

I had supposed web development would be the niche to go for developers. I'll read up on those listed niches and see how to incorporate them in my skill set
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

I had supposed web development would be the niche to go for developers. I'll read up on those listed niches and see how to incorporate them in my skill set

Ok lovely
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You would have to add more value than just knowing these. Do you use a Javascript framework like React, Angular, Typescript? How good are you with these?

There's a role I'm aware off looking for someone with 4+ years experience with Advanced HTML, CSS and vanilla JS paying €60k to €80k per annum

So it boils down to your experience

Starting off I'd say entry level junior remote jobs in the US can $20 maybe $25/hr. You'd be working 40hr a week

Oh, I intend going for React JS just after JavaScript. The entry level junior remote doesn't look bad either. I could always develop myself and apply for better jobs.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:
I'm out , pls join our slack group if you are a dev and for non devs follow my diary, I will cover upwork gigs for non devs/tech.

There's hope you just need to be serious and focused, I've tried mentoring people but lack of patience and focus is often the problem. There is no quick wealth

Later

So I don't know qt in person, only "met" him here and joined his slack channel. And I must say he is a very good guy. In fact, he's so so good that when he recommended someone for a job I wanted to give out, I didn't even doubt the person's competence. And damn was he right in recommending her. For the first time in a very long while, I met an IT "babe" very good at her job and very good at business. I linked up his reference with the person who wanted the job done, and apart from intermittently reading the chats on the group created for the project, I have only barely had to intervene for her end. In fact na the client dey slow the job down.

I have been on one of his webinars and when I asked a question, baba shouted that I'm too "big" for the class. Lol. Qt, I actually enjoyed the class that day. And FYI, I was working that night o, but I still joined and I was happy I did. Woke up a younger me when programming was "sweeting" me.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Ishitinyourlife: 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:
I once lost a project of ₦17M because in Nigerian.
These yahoo boys give us a bad rep.
Nowadays, I'm shifting to online businesses. I have a SAAS that people subscribe for and I'm currently building another
. friend of mine got a WordPress qatari contract worth over 60m the clients discovered he was Nigerian and pulled the deal before proper take off
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mountmoriah(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
YellowMayor:

I'll advise that you create a thread for your business/es and put the link on your signature for potential customers to follow for most recent updates on prices. Wish you good luck

Thank u sir God bless u
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

LOl I am recording a video today to explain some JS, no worries everyone says JS na issue so I get una back

Big brother gat ya back man cheesy. Thanks, I'll look forward to it.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by PAAZZ: 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
I need the service of a web/software developer in Abuja.

We can do contract, fulltime or partime depending on your schedule and what we agree to.

We have some basic jobs, standard job and others can be really complex depending on what you can handle.

Kindly send a mail if you are interested and within Abuja.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by miketayo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

1.5 comes guaranteed but I have to invest most of that money, some of it goes to my business and also as a first born, I have financial responsiblities, like my parents, babe and siblings and I have needs too.

150k goes a long way

My internet is 20k monthly, my office license for MS Office 30k yearly , Netflix, Spotify and also membership fee I pay plus Food.

It's good to have a side gig taking care of bills when you invest a majority of salary

even with everything mentioned 150k extra won't do anything for a 1.5m per month earner. unless u are investing 1.2m every month on something. Do ur maths again, 1.5 monthly isn't 300k monthly
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

It's because in Nigeria, Web development has been made to look like the be all of programming. As I'm speaking with you, Canonical (the guys that drive the development of Ubuntu Linux) are looking for C++ devs to write drivers and all that sweet "hard" stuff that only C++ can do for an OS. Many Nigerians will run away from that (not like that's a bad thing) but the pay alone can make someone pick up the challenge.

PS: I'm an old school kind of developer. Learnt programming with BASIC and then Pascal before C++ and Java came and we had to switch. I've somewhat "semi-retired" from all of that shiii, focusing on System Administration stuff. You young guns are so damned intelligent that coping with y'all in development is a career by itself
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
miketayo:

even with everything mentioned 150k extra won't do anything for a 1.5m per month earner. unless u are investing 1.2m every month on something. Do ur maths again, 1.5 monthly isn't 300k monthly

Lol! You think? Extra 150k for me means I have almost my entire Internet bill for the month covered. We haven't talked about electricity and petrol for gen o. If I had an extra ₦150k per week for doing very undemanding stuff, believe me I will grab it. That way my entire salary from a remote role can be better saved and invested. Remember that government is not yet taxing this income so you want to invest as much of it as you can so that when they set their eyes on us, we know say we don already make heavy investment

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
gabpaul:

What's SAAS?

Software-as-a-Service

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
miketayo:

Ok I've heard, I have nothing to prove anyway believe what you want.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Alusiizizi(m): 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It's because in Nigeria, Web development has been made to look like the be all of programming. As I'm speaking with you, Canonical (the guys that drive the development of Ubuntu Linux) are looking for C++ devs to write drivers and all that sweet "hard" stuff that only C++ can do for an OS. Many Nigerians will run away from that (not like that's a bad thing) but the pay alone can make someone pick up the challenge.

PS: I'm an old school kind of developer. Learnt programming with BASIC and then Pascal before C++ and Java came and we had to switch. I've somewhat "semi-retired" from all of that shiii, focusing on System Administration stuff. You young guns are so damned intelligent that coping with y'all in development is a career by itself

BASIC? That would put you in your mid-forties then. I started with Pascal and C++, even when all the fancy stuff trended(Java, Python etc), I always stayed close to C++
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Lol! Believe me you will always get these doubters. They fail to realise that when you start earning well, you start taking on some family responsibilities that you would never have touched before. And happily taking them o. Cos na still family gather train you. Me if I see extra income for two hours of work daily I go take am live and direct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by miketayo(m): 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

get a financial manager

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by McTobe(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
Bro, how is the pay as a pentester? I did CyberSecurity last year, presently running a Penetration Tester Course online is it worth it? I have a background already in HTML/CSS and average on Javascript.
Tomahawk99:
I'm not a web developer but following this thread, it's informative.
Did web dev during my 3 yrs in school... switched to infosec and now a penetration tester.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Believe me you will always get these doubters. They fail to realise that when you start earning well, you start taking on some family responsibilities that you would never have touched before. And happily taking them o. Cos na still family gather train you. Me if I see extra income for two hours of work daily I go take am live and direct

I don't blame , it's easier to doubt what you can't relate to. Plus they don't know I've been coding for 8 years plus so not like I just started.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ishitinyourlife:
. friend of mine got a WordPress qatari contract worth over 60m the clients discovered he was Nigerian and pulled the deal before proper take off
It's very terrible. They're doing great harm. If clients hear "Nigeria" they start being sceptical

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Alusiizizi:

BASIC? That would put you in your mid-forties then. I started with Pascal and C++, even when all the fancy stuff trended(Java, Python etc), I always stayed close to C++

Hahahahahahahahaha...no not yet mid forties. Not quite yet. But pretty close. Lol

I started programming on the BBC Micro before things like amstrad came along. And if I went back to programming today it will be C++. I was schooled using strongly typed languages and don't get how a Python programmer can declare a variable without declaring it's variable type
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
gabpaul:

What's SAAS?
Software As A Service.
It means offering a software to people as an online service based on a subscription basis
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Vondata:
To be sincere, web development is becoming stale....so much competition there....
With a domain and Hosting, I earn too little because there r others who will even pay less.
5k is within the gain range after deducting domain and hosting
Are you serious?I thought it is a lucrative business.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:

It's very terrible. They're doing great harm. If clients hear "Nigeria" they start being sceptical

Terribly sceptical! But for me I like to put that information out to the prospect in the beginning. So they know whether they want to go ahead with me or not.

Loosing a ₦60m contract because I'm Nigerian would hurt me to my bone sha.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

This is the way, look at Shopify App Development if you build SAAS it will be worth your while
Alright sir. I'm experienced with Shopify though. I built and currently manage a shopify store for a client in the US, but Shopify app development is something I should look into
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Alusiizizi:

I've never had a Filipino client but I wouldn't be surprised.
Those ones are even worse than Indians. They'll price you miserably, and still expect a job worth a million times what they pay, and they'll always find one (nonexistent) fault or another just to avoid paying complete
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Alright sir. I'm experienced with Shopify though. I built and currently manage a shopify store for a client in the US, but Shopify app development is something I should look into

Yes since you know Saas model, there's not a plethora of apps there , and you get the benefit of recurring payments. Congrats bro.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by InoGetJoy: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Terribly sceptical! But for me I like to put that information out to the prospect in the beginning. So they know whether they want to go ahead with me or not.

Loosing a ₦60m contract because I'm Nigerian would hurt me to my bone sha.
You're right on letting them know firsthand, but it still hurts when you lose jobs just because of your nationality
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

For me, I considered web development first because I needed something that could break me into the career with a little ease. I'm looking for money bro, I won't lie. Na who don chop dey dey comfortable to learn skill cheesy. The things I hear about backend languages opine that it's relatively difficult to land entry level roles, so I'll keep it on hold for now till I can define a career path.

My earliest introduction to programming was with Visual basic and Matlab at school. Though just the basics, I aced it then and believe I could build on the enthusiasm.

@bold, very kind of you to say that. I appreciate you all that are committed to giving back to the community and seeing that the young ones grow and properly hone their skills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.