Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God (967 Views)

I Saw Pregnancy Test Result In My "Virgin" Girlfriend's Handbag / Help Me Thank God, Remain Small I For Die Today Ooo / He Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend, But Her Other Lover Came Out In Boxers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Bestcreamreview: 10:42am On Feb 19, 2022
Over 3 months ago, I experienced one of the worst fears of every medical student and health care practitioner, I accidentally pricked myself with a needle used to draw blood from a HIV+ patient. I wasn't really scared at first because the patient looked really healthy and her white blood cell count was completely normal, however I decided to test her blood sample for HIV and hepatitis to be sure I was safe. To my utmost shock, she was HIV positive! So many things went through my mind as I stared at the two lines on the test strip, I repeated the test twice and it was still positive. I immediately went to my boss to tell him about it, he scolded me and yelled at me for being careless, then he quickly got his car keys and drove me to a government hospital so I could get Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP). I got the drugs and took them for 30 days without missing a dose, I was supposed to take a test 3 months after the incident but I was too scared. Today, I finally got the courage to take the test and it's NEGATIVE. I am so happy, I haven't been myself for the past few months, infact I've been abstaining from drawing blood from patients, I let my colleagues do it, while I run the tests and write out results. A needlestick injury is such a scary experience, the trauma and anxiety is horrible, I had malaria a month ago and I thought it was HIV symptoms, I had an acne breakout after using a bad lotion and I thought it was HIV rashes. I'm so glad it's finally over!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Jeon(f): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2022
congratulations.

give thanks to God.

2 Likes

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by dawnomike(m): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2022
Bestcreamreview:
Over 3 months ago, I experienced one of the worst fears of every medical student and health care practitioner, I accidentally pricked myself with a needle used to draw blood from a HIV+ patient. I wasn't really scared at first because the patient looked really healthy and her white blood cell count was completely normal, however I decided to test her blood sample for HIV and hepatitis to be sure I was safe. To my utmost shock, she was HIV positive! So many things went through my mind as I stared at the two lines on the test strip, I repeated the test twice and it was still positive. I immediately went to my boss to tell him about it, he scolded me and yelled at me for being careless, then he quickly got his car keys and drove me to a government hospital so I could get Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP). I got the drugs and took them for 30 days without missing a dose, I was supposed to take a test 3 months after the incident but I was too scared. Today, I finally got the courage to take the test and it's NEGATIVE. I am so happy, I haven't been myself for the past few months, infact I've been abstaining from drawing blood from patients, I let my colleagues do it, while I run the tests and write out results. A needlestick injury is such a scary experience, the trauma and anxiety is horrible, I had malaria a month ago and I thought it was HIV symptoms, I had an acne breakout after using a bad lotion and I thought it was HIV rashes. I'm so glad it's finally over!
walking on the edge... Stay safe at all times. Taking ARVs daily shal not be your portion...
PEP came in handy for you.

I am happy for you in this one

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Bestcreamreview: 10:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Jeon:
congratulations.

give thanks to God.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Stay safe. Congrats
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Bestcreamreview: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2022
dawnomike:
Stop walking on the edge... Stay safe at all times. Taking ARVs daily shal not be your portion...
PEP came in handy for you
thanks, I'm very careful at work now, I don't even handle needles anymore, I'm still a little traumatized
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by donbachi(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2022
Dont even hug some girls...u fit get am from hugging.

2 Likes

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Adaanna(f): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2022
Congratulations and thank God.

Be more careful.
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by DoggoneDogg: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2022
Medical practitioners scared to death of HIV but some people say "it's nothing". grin

4 Likes

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by swido: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2022
I'm so happy for you mehn that shit is scary

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2022
People like op are the reason stigma still exist. Your likes are the "HIV is not a death sentence", but end up having hypertension with any little exposure.

2 Likes

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by opera1(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2022
I had malaria a month ago and I thought it was HIV symptoms, I had an acne breakout after using a bad lotion and I thought it was HIV rashes.

That's one of the laboratory hazard you need to be very careful about while attending to patients or analyzing samples

Thank God you are negative.
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by LikeAking: 11:25am On Feb 19, 2022
Bestcreamreview:

The HIV will not kick in now. Its will come from like 6 months. So wipe ur smile, becos e don be.

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2022
HenryDion:
[s]People like op are the reason stigma still exist. Your likes are the "HIV is not a death sentence", but end up having hypertension with any little exposure[/s].
If u need HIV go and get it. Op says she doesn't want . What's your problem with her choice
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2022
LikeAking:

[s]The HIV will not kick in now. Its will come from like 6 months. So wipe ur smile, becos e don be.[/s]
Bad belle tongue
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2022
Bestcreamreview:
Congratulations op

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by goshikid: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2022
If you like continue knacking without CD undecided Na your body go tell you
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 19, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

If u need HIV go and get it. Op says she doesn't want . What's your problem with her choice

Getat
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by RoyalBlu(f): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
goshikid:
If you like continue knacking without CD undecided Na your body go tell you

*You for try read up her post bros.

Nor be wetin cause her 'scare' be that.
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
Sweet preek almost put you for trouble
Lucky you

1 Like

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Uniquisite: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Datikwerreboi(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
HenryDion:

Getat
Truth is bitter Mr getat
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Uniquisite:

shocked shocked shocked

Read u no fit read.. Both of you open mouth waaaa!

I read everything
Op nr wan com out clean
Na hot feck cause am
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Danmboss(m): 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Op your village peopl,e wifi connection was almost successful but thank God they didn't get your password.
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Who's this alien imp? undecided
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Datikwerreboi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
HenryDion:

Who's this alien imp? undecided
Your papa imp tongue
Re: My HIV Test Result Came Out Negative! Help Me Thank God by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

I'm the Imp tongue

Thanks for the confirmation!

(1) (Reply)

How God Saved Us From A Dangerous Snake In The Midnight / I Want To Get A Armband Tattoo Advice Needed / If Your Babe Has Never For Once Used Ur Picture As Her Profile Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.