Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,851 members, 7,820,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc (12674 Views)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by geosegun(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2011
dustydee:

I don't know the law concerning NYSC but I'm told that if you graduate before 30 you are eligible and that's why you see 40 year olds serving. Doctors and lawyers are alllowed to serve as long as they graduated before 30 before going to law school or for house job.Which appointment

I learnt she is stepped down or something. I think i goofed here.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by bencobenz(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2011
koyaabj:

let  her serve her NYSC programm as a minister, one year with NYSC stipend without any perk of office, community development as cleaner at area 1, after which she can continue as a minister, what do u think, grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o boy u too funny grin grin grin
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by FlyboyZee: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2011
She should be arrested and prosecuted because she has broken the law. If they make her serve now even in Maidugari (Boko Haram infested), she has all the resources to buy herself any form of protection and as such may not feel the effect of what a corps member is going thru.

Moreover, I'm very sure that who ever breaks the law gets purnished. Abi no be so? She don break law, make them arrest her before she run go abroad o! If person thief and them catch am, them no go say make im return wetin im thieve, instead them go arrest, prosecute and purnish am if found guilty. Abi no be so? Then why ha own case go dey different. Whats good for the goose is always also good for the gander. I rest my case.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Shut up! Her father was the only Nigerian resident with Oyinbo people in the prestigious Shell Residential area in Port Harcourt then. So what are we saying? She's always been priviledged and as such sees the compulsory NYSC service as being meant only for the poor. Her dad had all the money and connections to get her a service placement in any place she would have wanted to serve then, yet she defaulted. abeg make them arrest her jo, she is just a common criminal.

Who told you nysc is only for the poor ? She may have gotten a better job or something in the private sector and decided not to go for service but all in all,federal jobs/appointments consider nysc as mandatory and if she doesn't have it,she should not be given the appointment.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by AK461(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2011
Q: How did she get employment at Shell w/o the youth service?

A: When she returned to Nigeria, her husband was the Chief of Naval Staff Under Abacha regime so who get the mind to question am? She must have found her way in using the right connection.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by kcjazz(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Shut up! Her father was the only Nigerian resident with Oyinbo people in the prestigious Shell Residential area in Port Harcourt then. So what are we saying? She's always been priviledged and as such sees the compulsory NYSC service as being meant only for the poor. Her dad had all the money and connections to get her a service placement in any place she would have wanted to serve then, yet she defaulted. abeg make them arrest her jo, she is just a common criminal.

You have a problem with her father?
All I am saying is, the Senate approved her before now to be a minister? Why didn't anyone see it then. I would think the corruption claims hanging on her head or her link to Shell (per wikileaks) would be the focus. And sorry she can't and won't be jailed, in fact she will be approved next week. Stop posting what you know nothing about.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2011
AK 46 + 1:

A: When she returned to Nigeria, her husband was the Chief of Naval Staff Under Abacha regime so who get the mind to question am? She must have found her way in using the right connection.

Because shell is a multinational corporation and they don't give a crap about anything except that which serves their interest.since her husband is highly connected,she has influence that could get her anything she wanted and I'm sure such influence is what gave her the ministerial position in the first instance.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by rasputinn(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2011
link=topic date=1309167037:

^^^

Is that in Mubi?

I did mine in Mubi.

Yes,like Ikeja is in Surulere,duhh

Numan is westward of Yola towards Gombe and Taraba,while Mubi borders Yola to the North East towards Bornu
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by MMM2(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2011
fu-ck nysc angry
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Ignatio(m): 11:09am On Jun 27, 2011
koyaabj:

let  her serve her NYSC programm as a minister, one year with NYSC stipend without any perk of office, community development as cleaner at area 1, after which she can continue as a minister, what do u think,  grin grin grin grin grin

Supported.
She needs to be posted to a state like Kebbi State.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by rasputinn(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2011
If indeed she skipped NYSC,then she has no moral right to hold any public office in Nigeria

Let them dock and try her even for that stupidity.Her dad I learnt was a top brass in Shell in the "80s,she could've served there or in any of the oil servicing coys
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by klas(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2011
She already served as
first lady of Anambra state 1984 - 1985
first lady of Imo state 1985 - 1986
President, Naval officers wives association 1993 - 1994
That should be more than enough for national service abi she collected pay for that?  tongue
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Tyche(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2011
I don;'t see any crime that she committed. If she is competent, let her have the post.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by somze(f): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2011
AK 46 + 1:

Wrong. She was already in Shell before her marriage.

Now on to the NYSC issue, The law allows for an exemption certificate in such cases. When this issue came up before her first ministerial appointment (Transport) she showed her exemption certificate.

Can we move along to matters actually worth discussing now?
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by rasputinn(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2011
Tyche:

I don;'t see any crime that she committed. If she is competent, let her have the post.

You don't see a crime,hellooo,the constitution says it's a crime and you don't see a crime?
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by gohome: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2011
I cant believe how silly nlanders can be. silly might not be the word,  it might just be most people here are babies or act like one. The law is clear,  and i will put it in layman's terms if you graduate at the age of 30 or below you MUST serve simple. If she produces a discharge certificate or exemption by any means just like they said bankole did, then shes free,  if she can't then she should be arrested tried and convicted,  2000 naira or no 2000,  jail term or no jail term, she should be labelled a convict

kcjazz:

You have a problem with her father?
All  I am saying is, the Senate approved her before now to be a minister? Why didn't anyone see it then. I would think the corruption claims hanging on her head or her link to Shell (per wikileaks) would be the focus. And sorry she can't and won't be jailed, in fact she will be approved next week. Stop posting what you know nothing about.

if she broke the law my brother and shes caught, she will be convicted,  stop thinking like a baby.

Flyboy Zee:

She should be arrested and prosecuted because she has broken the law. If they make her serve now even in Maidugari (Boko Haram infested), she has all the resources to buy herself any form of protection and as such may not feel the effect of what a corps member is going thru.

Moreover, I'm very sure that who ever breaks the law gets purnished. Abi no be so? She don break law, make them arrest her before she run go abroad o! If person thief and them catch am, them no go say make im return wetin im thieve, instead them go arrest, prosecute and purnish am if found guilty. Abi no be so? Then why ha own case go dey different. Whats good for the goose is always also good for the gander. I rest my case.
sabi boy

kcjazz:

You are joking right?
This is 1993 we talking about, she could have stayed in Howard or USA but she chose to relocate to Nigeria under a military government to work. NYSC is good but chill, it is all this patriotism "hot blood" that makes soldiers act like animals. She left obodo oyibo to serve her country in a different capacity and it paid off cos now she is a minister, a good growth if you ask me.

We have folks in the Senate who never went to school talk less of graduate and they are senators.

mumu,  why didn't she stay. she should have stayed to clean toilets and take bulls from the white man like so many of us do. You are one of those inexpose bunch that think obodo oyibo is heaven

Seun:

She skipped a year of bad rubbish and was able to move forward in life. Good for her! Let's emulate her.

i am disappointed in you seun.

kodewrita:

We can all read I assume. She graduated at 27 and returned in 1993 when she was already 33. The crime is that she supposedly did not get an exemption. Fact is that she was no longer eligible as at the time she returned.

Document forgery doesnt apply. She may have been employed as expatriate nigerian. You do not know the terms of her contract and as such cannot comment on such.

Fact is that she would most likely pay a fine and thats the end of it.
Go and read what the law says and stop thinking from your backside

laoak2:

I guess some people are being paid to do dirty job on naira land, she might have done something bad by not observing the compulsory NYSC , looking at it from the light of today,  she might have been killed or got involved in a bomb blast, i feel , she has done more worthy work than the silly NYSC. Even Salisu Buhari did not go to jail for fake result.

When we Nigerians learn,  people like you keep moving us in reverse direction with speed. tomorrow you will open your dirty mouth to complain about nepa,  like i said b4,  its so simple,  you dont want to serve 9ja, its not by force. Forfeit the portfolio. its not a do or die affair ,  After all people like OKONJO Iwealla and the NYSC 8 that served their father land are no fools.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2011
somze:

Wrong. She was already in Shell before her marriage.

Now on to the NYSC issue, The law allows for an exemption certificate in such cases. When this issue came up before her first ministerial appointment (Transport) she showed her exemption certificate.

Can we move along to matters actually worth discussing now?

Married ladies under the age of 30 years go for service !
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by ypad: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
Mrs Allison-Madueke graduated in 1987 at the age of 27, with a degree in Architecture from Howard University in the United States. Since then, she has worked in the US and Nigeria, refusing to give a year of her working life to the Nigerian state as required of all graduate citizens. There is also no indication that Mrs Allison-Madueke got an exemption from the programme.

Upon graduating from Howard in 1987, Mrs Allison-Madueke took up employment in a couple of American construction firms. She returned to Nigeria in 1993 but there are no records that the former minister, who has so far served in three different ministerial portfolios, signed up for the national service. On her return, Mrs Allison-Madueke joined Shell Petroleum from where she resigned in 2007 to take up her first political appointment as minister for transportation.

We don't seem to get the message. She was 27yrs when she graduated 1987 and came back to Nigeria in 1993 at the age of 33yrs. how can she serve at that age?
Probably she was not able come back immediately after graduation due to
No money to keep body and soul moving and needs to Struggle to get money for ticket and other expenses back home.
or she proceeded for her masters and work for few years to help her self out etc.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
ypad:

We don't seem to get the message. She was 27yrs when she graduated 1987 and came back to Nigeria in 1993 at the age of 33yrs. how can she serve at that age?
No money to keep body and soul moving and needs to Struggle to get money for ticket and other expenses back home.
or she proceeded for her masters and work for few years to help her self out etc.

She was unable to come back for 6 years ? shocked sad sad shocked
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by gohome: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2011
ypad:

do you know what exemption is?
Dont you see folks that are over 40 serving?
Have you even served

[size=20pt]
Niajahhhhhhh[/size]
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by FlyboyZee: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
klas:

She already served as
first lady of Anambra state 1984 - 1985
first lady of Imo state 1985 - 1986
President, Naval officers wives association 1993 - 1994
That should be more than enough for national service abi she collected pay for that?  tongue
Facts are sacred and records don't lie. Cross check your information before you come to public fora. Roger that? Now Click on the link below or copy it into your browser and press ENTER.
http://64.182.81.172/webpages/features/sunstyle/2007/july/14/sunstyle-14-07-2007-001.htm
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by DisGuy: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
HOW MUCH WILL IT REALLY COST THE NYSC OR IN FACT ALL THE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA TO HAVE A RECORD/DATABASE?

confirming whether someone attended a university or went for service is rocket science in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by Tonyfrom: 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
9ija e dey pain una shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by komekn(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
The material issue for me is not the NYSC completion is what special skill, knowledge base, experience, etc, etc,  that qualifies her to be a minister.

For someone who has a degree in Architecture and then rises it seems at supersonic speed to become the MD of SHELL ,  Nigeria, after 13 years, it seems this situation is reflective of the syndrome, "Not what you know, but who you know"  I REST MY CASE.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by monkeyleg: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2011
If there is clear evidence that she was in a position to participate in NYSC and she didnt, then really, they shouldnt be considering her. Rules are rules, and we must all obey them, especially from the Presidency
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by naijaking1: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
This thread is mistittled. She didn't skip NYSC, she got an EXEMPTION.
Before prosecuting her, please research the details of her exemption application, question the officer who authorised it, and review the existing lNYSC law. No need for cheap political shot.
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by aieromon(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
At least,the report didn't state she isn't a graduate of Howard.
What a relief!!!
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by MeandSum: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
She graduated at 27 and came back to Nigeria 3 years after the eligibility age. What law did she break?
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by niyivasaz(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

All these charge and bail lawyer sef. . .who is the HE you are talking about ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc by sonyvaio(f): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
Dis Guy:

HOW MUCH WILL IT REALLY COST THE NYSC OR IN FACT ALL THE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA TO HAVE A RECORD/DATABASE?

confirming whether someone attended a university or went for service is rocket science in Nigeria!

How much will it cost an NYSC official with access to include her name in the RECORD/DATABASE?
less than 5000 Naira!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fitch: Buhari’s CBN Policies May Drag Nigerian Economy Into Crisis / Bayelsa Bans Open Grazing, Rejects Ranching for Herdsmen / Woman Reportedly Brutalised By Rivers Police Loses Pregnancy, Demands Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.