Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! (30653 Views)

Woman Who Killed Abuja Biker And Alleged Cover Up By Nigeian Police. / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. / Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by slims007: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ aloib
o boy, e be like say you no sabi write. this na nairaland.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by slims007: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2007
i refer you to

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:35 AM »

[b]PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. Avoid the use of Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, local 'pidgin', or other languages on the forum. If you find it necessary to express yourself using any of these other languages, then you must provide a translation in clear, proper, standard English so that those that don't understand the language you have used would still be able to enjoy the forum.

now do be careful. ; grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2007
ride or die!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by ariblaze(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
brake or die!!!! grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by soulpatrol(f): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
LOL that's more like it
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by mastro: 6:26am On Sep 25, 2007
Thought I would add some information I've found useful in the past

these links are for the workshop manuals of motorcycles
the 1st link requires registration, however has 100's of bikes,= going back years and years, so guys no more excuses for letting the roadside mechos wreck your bikes

http://repairmanualclub.com/

http://www.mcnninjas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=45190.30
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2007
Thanks Mastro, the materials proved to be of incredible assistance.

Regards
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2007
Guys this is just a reminder to everyone if u must ride make sure you got your riding gear, one of my friends just had a nasty fall and it wasnt a pretty sight cry
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Aporo: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2007
A word should be enough for the wise!!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2008
Weekend ride in Ibadan cool

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by thegame(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2008
Those bikes are all 250s. right?
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by osmanbello(m): 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2008
Thought I would have to join in.

I have 22 bikes, all different styles.

Picture above is my KTM 525 EXC Enduro, single cylinder 55 hp good fun for the countyside. (KTM are made in Austria, they build some fantastic machines)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my KTM lc4 620 I will be traveling from the UK to Ghana and Niger later in the year. (visas etc allowing)

The trip will take around 12 weeks of all goes to plan . grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by fotodaddy: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2008
who else is there!! My reliable baby:

Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by busaboy(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2008
Hello,

@ zorro,

Hi, saw your post

would like to get my first bike something between 250 and 400 cc,

have under just 400k to spend and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I live in Calabar and traveling to see the bike in question will not be a problem.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by TopeFl(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2008
@ Zorro,

This Pic is somewhere in New Bodija/ Secretariat area or Oluyole? I just thot the Pics look familiar. I lived in New Bodija before during NYSC and B4 I came to Florida.
My Mechanic used to Be close to U.I his name is Oga Ajai.

Guy Ride Safe.

Tope.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2008
@ Topefl
Actually the first two pictures were taken in Jericho the 3rd in U.i on Idia road and the last picture was taken at the petrol station just outside U.i .
Oga Ajai is still around and fixes our bikes sometimes but we don't use him as often as before cos there is a younger mechanic we use around ring road
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 12:01am On Jan 21, 2008
@ busaboy
You should be able toget a really clean 400cc for about 300,000 to 350,000 of course the price also varies according to the year, let me make some enquiries and see how I can help you
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by TopeFl(m): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2008
@ Zorro,

I forgot about Jericho. Close to Forestry Research Institute. Thats cool. I wish there were biker clubs when i was in Ibadan. I used to ride once a while with a guy that makes carvings (Art Work) in Sabo close to the barracs his name is Ighodalo. Had a bike Oga Ajai could not fix for a year. I had to come back to Florida and called my Dad to go tow my shit from his shop.

Guy send me your email so we can share a few ideas, I am thinking of visiting Nigeria and possibly bringing a hayabusa. my email is   tip2datop@yahoo.com

Safe.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by busaboy(m): 6:14am On Jan 21, 2008
@zorro,

I like your emphasis on very clean because i do not want maintainance problems.

If you have any info soon, hit me up or text me on 08060971570.

Thanks and Best Wishes.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by braindrain(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2008
Hey,

I have alwayz loved bikes and always wanted to own one, I finally got a 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 (600cc). Some lovely baby I got here, I call her RASTA. One problem though, I am just learning to ride, and I wld sure appreciate some advice, I live in lekki.

Holla!
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by fotodaddy: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2008
OHHHH!!!! shocked

You need to be VERY careful. What you have is like trying to learn how to juggle balls using running chainsaws. Do you have gear!!! If not the dont even think of riding. The minimum is a helmet and that is a must.

Check out www.metallichorses.com for gear

Talk to the guys in pitlane (advert on metallic's website), Mike and Jide. I am sure they'll be able to give you some pointers. But No helmet no ride.

You can also come over to Ikeja and I will be glad to help you get started grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by braindrain(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2008
tanx for the advice sir. I do appreciate, but I am already riding like the GHOST RIDER! call it flair! I am checking the website out and planning on buying some gear by the end of today, Tanx bro.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by fotodaddy: 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2008
braindrain:

thanks for the advice sir. I do appreciate, but I am already riding like the GHOST RIDER! call it flair! I am checking the website out and planning on buying some gear by the end of today, Tanx bro.

I hope you understand that with riding it is not a matter of IF I crash but WHEN I crash embarassed

Also I pray that as you ride like Ghost Rider, you don't become a ghost very soon. embarassed

A friend of mine who has been riding for quite a while just crashed his 2 month old HAYABUSA yesterday into CHEVRON roundabout. He is very experienced and had an R1 before this bike (which he bought for close to 3M). Things happen very quickly on a bike and if you think you have mastered it, then thats the time to stop riding. Take care o!! undecided
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by iice(f): 4:44am On May 07, 2008
Yeah things happen quickly on a bite. . .
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by nkc(m): 4:46am On May 07, 2008
on a bite or bike
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by iice(f): 5:16pm On May 07, 2008
LMAO bike jare tongue tongue sheessh tongue tongue
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by nkc(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2008
LOL

NO WORRIES
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by mi3(f): 8:56pm On May 18, 2008
@ Zorro, shebi you want to kill me wiv thm pix?! see me gettin all temperatured up lol

the bikes look so damn hawt!!

hmm, me im a bike, er, groupie, im a groupie for the BIKES, not the yeye riders, unless of course they are droolworthy wink

there is nuffin sexier than a powerbike, and by force or by fire i WILL own one, just chillin for now sha, what with being too young to actually ride one, tongue but all my bikerz; big up oh!when i get my own, we'll ride now, lololol, in the mean time, andyone givin lessons??
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by zorro(m): 10:08pm On May 18, 2008
m.i dear I am really sorry i didn,t mean to get u all hot under your collar, give me a call sometime and MAYBE if you are nice I'll take you for a ride cool grin
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Delluchi: 10:45am On May 21, 2008
Hey good news to you all bikers and rider. I found something amazing that a power bike club is already set up in Nigeria by some cool dud in Switzerland and America. You can visit their website http://www.africanmirror.org then choose nigeria.

Am so glad so a despline constitution is put in place. I just hope they follow the rules as written.
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Ultm8Ryda: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2008
hi all,
am a biker, love bikes to death and run (or ride) the first biker magazine in Nigeria. Ultimate Rider.
its for those who live, love and Ride, and it is the free-est Magazine ever, cos we are young wild and free.
check us out on ulitmaterideronline.com,tthen we ll tell you were to get a free copy, yes free!

dont mind that traffic loving car freak who doesnt like bikes, he will never understand.
Enjoy smiley
Re: Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! by Ultm8Ryda: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2008
zorro,
that's a nice crew you have going on there. do you guys have a club?what' the name?
We have a Biker's convention coming up soon.
The main clubs riding around so far are the Wheelers of Lagos, Hardrdiaz of Port harcoURt and 09 bikers of Abuja.
send us your info and we ll put you on the Map.

ciao
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car / Amazing Garages That Hides Cars Underground And Also Deliver Them At The Surface / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.