Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta (10357 Views)

6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police / Nine Oil Thieves Jailed For 90 Years Each In Niger Delta / Eight Oil Workers Kidnapped In Nigeria: Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by pintos(m): 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2006
EvilSlayer:

@ kokscity. I so feel you on your issues of Nigerian rulers past and present, I'm all for US intervention in Nigeria maybe the can also help us get rid of all the pest and vermin in the north (Hausa). And yes we should be furtunate and blessed to be in the States, but please bro don't brag about it , it just makes the less unfortunate mad. Dude no disrespect untented. wink

Whatz so wonderful living in another man's land as a second class citizen?
You tell me!
Please , ''Emancipate yourselves from mental Slavery,  '' -ala Bob Marley.
Make una let me hear word -ojare
While we have important issues affecting our fatherland, you're all taking glory in  Second time slavery [of the Africans] cry cry cry cry
If you like live in Yankee for 40years, a house boy can never be greater than the son of his Master  grin.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2006
@Evil

There is a thin line btw bragging and being proud. I am damn proud of being a US Citizen and i owe Nigeria Nothing bottomline. I can only speak for myself, i am not sure about the millions in Nigeria though,

Odeku
There is more transperency today than in the 60's,70's,80's and 90's. No excuse for the Alams, Dariye, Marwa, OBJ,Atiku's of today. And my age is not important i am not applying for a Job here, just giving my 2 cents.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by jclord(f): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2006
Father in heaven we are all praying to you for peace and prosperity for Nigeria In Jesus Name .
Amen.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2006
Pintos

I sure say as you dey 9JA so, u still be second class citizen. Abi na third class citizen wey you be? Chafman like you!! Na people like una wey no even know whether una dey come abi go. First opportunity come you don run leave 9JA.Na yeye dey worry u!

Kokscity is going to ignore this chafman!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by pintos(m): 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2006
Kokscity:

Pintos

I sure say as you dey 9JA so, u still be second class citizen. Abi na third class citizen wey you be? Chafman like you!! Na people like una wey no even know whether una dey come abi go. First opportunity come you don run leave 9JA.Na yeye dey worry u!

Kokscity is going to ignore this chafman!

Shame Shame Shame , Shame on you!
I would have dismissed you as a person of less consequence, but ,
If I may ask you , what hope and opportunity has America offered you so far?
I live, schooled and work in Europe for the greater part of my life, but I still cry for my Mother Africa.
I cry each time I see a black man suffering and smiling in the western world, for a plate of porridge.
I cry for the second Slavery of the Black man 500 years after our forefathers were forcibly brought to these shores against their will.
I cry when I find black men working from dawn to dusk to create wealth for a nation that has denied them freedom and equal opportunity, just like our fathers were made to slave for their comfort of today.
I cry even more when I find men like you, who are so glad to be slaves in body and mind, to the children of your forefathers' slavemasters.
I cry now, for my eyes are heavy with tears of blood for my people.
Oh God deliver thy people! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2006
Pintos

Please do not cry for me. I am doing Aight!

Kokscity forever bleeding red, white, and blue.
Home of the Brave,Land of the Free.
May God continue to bless the USA.
Live Free or Die
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by pintos(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2006
Kokscity:

Pintos

Live Free or Die
Eldorado for you my brother in another man's land.
USA as your life ambition, as a second class citizen??
I now understand.
Poor you.
I am sure Nigeria is very happy to miss you too, because your lot have nothing to offer her.
Bye bye .
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Odeku(m): 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2006
Hell no we don't need US intervention in Nigeria, are u guys nuts, look at what happen in Iraq and Afghanistan, No way Jose, I still have friends and family in Nigeria and I don't want no one dropping bomb on them.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by luridguy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 19, 2006
well think they wil probably come to find a way to resque the hostages since it is obvious the nigerian police do not know what they are doing

Kokscity:

Pintos

Live Free or Die

sad :Pand may God countinue to bless nigeria ooooo
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Mariory(m): 1:14am On Feb 20, 2006
It seems as though the security forces at the moment are trying to play their response according to the "rules" of engagement.
The sad thing is if this continues and the military goes off the bend as they tend to, then it is the ordinary villagers that have been misguided by these boys and their so called general that will suffer because 'MEND' will be no where to be seen when the military goes on a full tactical assualt.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 5:46am On Feb 20, 2006
@Topic

Watch what prices do tomorrow versus Fridays close.If Oil Prices reach $70 per barrel in before the peak summer driving season, then i say we send the US NAVY over there to do what our failed leaders cannot do. This is much bigger than OBJ and those fat fools in government can handle. They obviously are already begging for help behind closed doors.

Kokscity
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by ababoy1(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2006
The group holding nine foreign oil workers in the Niger Delta say they have attacked another oil facility on Monday and blown up a military vessel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4730754.stm
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2006
Ha! It is getting worse!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2006
Holla All
I'm new. I'm so appalled by the call of some guys that US should come to 9ija, Iraq and Afghanistan are still fresh in our memories.
For those of you who feel too comfortable abroad, no place like home o!
I'm proud n happy being a 9ija man.
About the development in the oil communities, more questions should be thrown at the leaders, what have they been able to achieve with the 13% derivative, ? Now dat we have EFCC, some govs r rushing to carry out projects dat will not stand the test of time.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Rottweiler(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hello guys (yankee-based and all)
From all your postings, I could deduce that you guys haven't been in the CORE south-south before or you don't know the politics of the zone. For your info, I am based in the heart of the south-south and i know a damn lot. What guys get from BBC, FOX NEWS, CNN etc are not the main truth. Imagine a BBC reporter based in Abuja and giving reports of what's happening in Yenegoa, Okrika, Bonny, Nembe, Brass, Tombia, Degema, etc. If the reporter is as bold as what they make us believe let him/her come down south.
I don't support terrorism in any form but I challenge people to come down south and see the state of affairs and compare with other parts of the country. These people have been deprived for so long. Now they have realised that they can hold the government by its balls because of the terrain. What can the military really do? They don't know the mangrooves, creeks like these boys. Even if they decide to shell the whole place they would end up destroying all the oil facilities along. These boys move in the night and our military (naval & amphibious brigades) are not trained for this! Does the government even train them?

What caused the defeat of the Americans in Vietnam - the TERRAIN! Has any of you ever flown in a chopper over the niger delta? come down here and experience it, then you would have a better understanding of what I am talking about. We learnt the government spent about a 1billion Naira as ransome to free the last hostages. With this attitude they are already encouraging other splinter groups that they could make easy money! That is not the solution. There should be a genuine repentance by the government followed by genuine/visible actions geared towards developing the place and providing the basic human needs.
You think it's child's play? SHELL has already cut daily production by more than 350,000 barrels. multiply this by the cost of a barrel of crude oil ($62). If they decide to blow up more facilities the total production cut could rise to 1million.

We as a nation should get our acts right and do the right thing. My brothers/sisters, the truth of the matter is that when Late Gen. Sani Abacha took jobless youths to Abuja for the 2million man march, he didn't know that he was only helping the boys with enligntenment. They could not believe their eyes when they got to Abuja! It was like paradise to them. To them, Abuja does not produce oil, so how come it's better developed than the south - no potholes, steady electricity, skyscrappers, etc. But back home where they see the gas flares 24/7, where a kid can identify a christmas tree (well head), flowstation, oil pipes, etc, they suffer soil degredation and water/air pollution, harrassment by security details of oil companies. The beautiful jeeps plying the untarred roads day-by-day. The agitation intensified.

People should not stay outside the state and say things that they don't know. A stitch in time, I rest my case.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by bunking(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2006
Rottweiler:

Hello guys (yankee-based and all)
From all your postings, I could deduce that you guys haven't been in the CORE south-south before or you don't know the politics of the zone. For your info, I am based in the heart of the south-south and i know a damn lot. What guys get from BBC, FOX NEWS, CNN etc are not the main truth. Imagine a BBC reporter based in Abuja and giving reports of what's happening in Yenegoa, Okrika, Bonny, Nembe, Brass, Tombia, Degema, etc. If the reporter is as bold as what they make us believe let him/her come down south.
I don't support terrorism in any form but I challenge people to come down south and see the state of affairs and compare with other parts of the country. These people have been deprived for so long. Now they have realised that they can hold the government by its balls because of the terrain. What can the military really do? They don't know the mangrooves, creeks like these boys. Even if they decide to shell the whole place they would end up destroying all the oil facilities along. These boys move in the night and our military (naval & amphibious brigades) are not trained for this! Does the government even train them?

What caused the defeat of the Americans in Vietnam - the TERRAIN! Has any of you ever flown in a chopper over the niger delta? come down here and experience it, then you would have a better understanding of what I am talking about. We learnt the government spent about a 1billion Naira as ransome to free the last hostages. With this attitude they are already encouraging other splinter groups that they could make easy money! That is not the solution. There should be a genuine repentance by the government followed by genuine/visible actions geared towards developing the place and providing the basic human needs.
You think it's child's play? SHELL has already cut daily production by more than 350,000 barrels. multiply this by the cost of a barrel of crude oil ($62). If they decide to blow up more facilities the total production cut could rise to 1million.

We as a nation should get our acts right and do the right thing. My brothers/sisters, the truth of the matter is that when Late Gen. Sani Abacha took jobless youths to Abuja for the 2million man march, he didn't know that he was only helping the boys with enligntenment. They could not believe their eyes when they got to Abuja! It was like paradise to them. To them, Abuja does not produce oil, so how come it's better developed than the south - no potholes, steady electricity, skyscrappers, etc. But back home where they see the gas flares 24/7, where a kid can identify a christmas tree (well head), flowstation, oil pipes, etc, they suffer soil degredation and water/air pollution, harrassment by security details of oil companies. The beautiful jeeps plying the untarred roads day-by-day. The agitation intensified.

People should not stay outside the state and say things that they don't know. A stitch in time, I rest my case.

Tell them.
Make then hear, if them get ears
Forget all these guys who are so excited living abroad, i pity them,
We are all here and as far as i'm concerned -home is home
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2006
@Punking

My Name is Kokscity, I live in the states, i am excited. My Question is : why the hell do u pity me?
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2006
Kokscity,just as you label Nigeria a failed state,Nigeria takes you for a failed citizen.It would have been a lot better if you made your tirades from within Nigeria.It is obvious that you dont have anything good to offer this country.

About what is happening in Niger delta,I see it as a normal process in nation building.Most great nation pass through upheavals at one stage or the other.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2006
Kokscity,just as you label Nigeria a failed state,Nigeria takes you for a failed citizen.It would have been a lot better if you made your tirades from within Nigeria.It is obvious that you dont have anything good to offer this country.

About what is happening in Niger delta,I see it as a normal process in nation building.Most great nation pass through upheavals at one stage or the other.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by pintos(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2006
Kokscity:

@Punking

My Name is Kokscity, I live in the states, i am excited. My Question is : why the hell do u pity me?
@Punking

[quote][/quote]

Big deal!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by pintos(m): 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2006
"if Shell is ready and willing to work with the people and understand their needs, we will welcome them into our abundant lands and work with them."

That is a big "if".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4732010.stm
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2006
@Pintos

Well said on the Shell Issue, i think they are the main problem in Niger Delta and they can do more for the people whose land they made record profits from.

But i also think you are hating on me, i am not sure why but please stop hating.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by toshmann(m): 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2006
guys, i'm new to this site.i am a naijan that is interested in the discussion.i may be out of line a little bit but be patient with me i'm still learning the rules.
well here is my opinion, i think we should learn how to tell ourselves some truth and stop blaming kokscity for his opinion. the real problems in naija lies with the leadership and for now, naija is a failed state, but hope still dey.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Rottweiler(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2006
Kokscity and all
I totally agree that Naija is a failed state BUT i derive no pleasure from this fact. Instead it pains me to my bone marrow. Atimes, I feel like weeping because I don't see no light at the end of the tunnel. Imagine, I was born into a society where things don't work and now I am working, married, brought kids into the worlds and the systems still ain't working! What do you call my generation? WASTED!!! Tell me, in how many decades from now do you think things would start functioning in their proper way? I guess if there's a genuine determination, it could be when I start walking with the aid of a stick.

Electricity- EPILEPTIC/NON-EXISTENT
Water - IT DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFINITION : STREAM; GUTTER, BOREHOLE, RIVER
Road - IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE
Security - THIS ALSO DEPEND ON WHERE YOU LIVE: ASO ROCK
Education - THIS SHOULD BE REDEFINED: IT'S PROBABLY COPY AND PASTE NOW OR PAY AND GET. A 2-1 GRADUATE CAN NOT SPEAK SIMPLE ENGLISH
Medical - IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU WORK. FOR THE POOR, THE QUACK ON THE STREET CORNER IS NOW A DOCTOR
Transportation - I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY HEAR

It's really painful that with all our resources,
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2006
@Rottweiler

I like your line defintions on the bottom there, that was classic. I am always getting attacked when i call Nigeria exactly what it is a "Quagmire". I lived in PH too just like you and i was in the Eye of the storm. It is particularly shameful how the natives are exploited of their resources in the Niger Delta and then told that they are greedy, and arrogant. Every where else in the middle east, including Iraq, Iran, UAE,SAUDI,Bahrain,ETC These companies (Shell,Agip,Exxon,BP,Chevron,ETC) take their time to invest heavily on infrastructure and the local indigenes. I am appalled @ the state of affairs in Oil rich Nigeria, and our leaders turn around and call the people terrorist. Listen it is simple, If you drill in the Niger Delta, add local content to your operations,and make sure you are taking care of those people who have the oil.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2006
Maybe the Niger Delta is a Quagmire but there are parts of Nigeria that are ok. Please angry.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2006
@Seun

95% of Nigeria's revenue comes from Crude Oil and Natural Gas reserves. 70-85% comes from the Niger Delta Plus Akwa Ibom State. If that area is in Turmoil, it means the rest of Nigeria will feel the sting and that is exactly what is happening. Turn off the Oil in Warri,Eket,Bayelsa,PH ETC and Nigeria will come to it's Knees in a matter of Hours. So what happens in the Niger delta really reflects the image of the country, and i think that the country is going in the direction of somekind of Civil Unrest or maybe even war b4 or after the 2007 Elections. I think that will be when we decide if we are a country of rights, justice, and peace under a constitution. Or if we are really 2 countries living in one.

Kokscity is no Psychic!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by toshmann(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2006
seun,pls can we tell ourselves the truth.and just to add to rothweiller's analysis
jobs---? no way
democracy, ? naija style
human rights? for govt supporters only.
peace? ask the northern christains.
patriotism? hehehheee

i throw this challenge.tell me one thing,just one thing about nigeria that is going the right way.OUR NATION IS A FAILED STATE.
there is a disaster on the way.read history,history repeats itself,our nation has got to that stage where the next step is absolute anarchy and (God forbid)war.i'm not happy.but that is the truth.let us realise it.because the 1st step in the solution of a problem is the realisation that there is a problem.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2006
@ Seun and Topic

Only when you have seen better, do you know what chaos Nigeria is in right now. Nigeria is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. And this continuous problem with the people of the Niger Delta, might just be the catalyst for complete Anarchy and social breakdown in that Nation.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by otokx(m): 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2006
this thing is being blown out of proportion; the 9 hostages are safe are sound and everything is ok.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2006
Nigeria is not a ticking time bomb. The problem is that we have common criminals roaming freely amongst us while our respectable politicians are busy dealing with "serious threats" like homosexuals. As far as I am concerned, the average Nigerian is a lover of peace. We just need to get those murderous war-mongerers off the streets and into suitable correctional facilities.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by toshmann(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2006
the average nigerian may be a lover of peace but there can never be peace without justice.show me any justice in nigeria.none.i'm still waiting for an answer to my quetion.what in nigeria,can we say is going the way it should?everything is wrong and choatic.God save us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Four In Borno Highway Attack / There Is Problem:See What Father Mbaka Said In Church Today About Buhari's Life / Lagos: What I’ll do in first 100 days if voted governor – Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.