Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta (10359 Views)

6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police / Nine Oil Thieves Jailed For 90 Years Each In Niger Delta / Eight Oil Workers Kidnapped In Nigeria: Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2006
@Toshmann

The answer is "Absolutely Nothing"
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2006
toshmann:
what in nigeria,can we say is going the way it should?everything is wrong and choatic.God save us.

Everything is not wrong. Many things are ok and improving. Somethieves are being caught, industries are opening up. Many young people are creating jobs for themselves. Entrepreneurs are creating value. Progress is being made here and there.

Nigeria is cool, but we have too many common criminals (thieves and murderers) in positions of power. That's the only problem. VIolence is not the answer. Ask the Liberians and the Somalians how the wars have improved their lives.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by toshmann(m): 1:35am On Feb 22, 2006
SEUN,i know u love ur country.i do too,believe me.but i can't help telling the truth.what thieves are being caught.who is decieving who.u think alam was caught because he is a thief?think again.the biggest thieves in the country are celebrated heroes.the anenihs et al. what enterprenuers are opening up.haba bro seun,graduates opening op akara joints or being touts to politicians.where is the progress.do u want me to tell u about nigeria?hmmn.look out for the south east.that is the next spot of violence.common election we can't conduct.they laugh at us here in the u.k,i told someone that it may take 200yrs to get nigeria to where eastern europe is today.how wrong i was,nigeria will never get there.we are heading to the wrong direction[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]at a tremendous speed.SHAME.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 2:25am On Feb 22, 2006
@Toshmann

I completely agree with you. Seun is a passionate Nigerian, and i think a lot of guys like him are hoping with their hearts and not seeing with their eyes. Tafa Balogun stole over Naira 4 Billion and was in charge of the Police. Atiku another Big Thief has stolen for years and is now V.P. OBJ another Criminal is @ the helm. You cannot have a thief, police a thief. I think Nigeria is at least 100yrs behind SA, talk less of any European Country. We are a nation of vagabonds and thugs without the rule of law. I believe even some of the Clergy are corrupt and work hand in hand with the government. They can call our leaders out, yet all they do is open mega churches and pass the collection tray.

Kokscity is worried about the Home land. Currently Monday morning Quarterbacking from the Comforts of the Eastern Seaboard! Water Country USA!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by mingiix: 5:22am On Feb 22, 2006
Stupid comments from three folks in here. A yoruba bloke, an Igboman and a possible Aboki. Please, you guys go back to your cocoa, coal and groundnut boards respectively. Those of us from the Chicoco republic (niger Delta) are better off without you guys.
In as much I don't support the kidnap of foreigners,I will strongly recommend the kidnap,trial and summary execution of all yorubas and hausa/fulanis found in the Niger Delta. You guys are the real culprits.
Abi na by force to be part of wetin una dey call nigeria.
Kokscity,Rotwe,  and Ono (my waffi bro),  I dey feel una.

Please, has anyone here got an application form for me to fill online to join MEND?

See my gun wey i hold for my profile.

CHE!!! freedom of speech for Jand here dey sweet ooh.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by sage(m): 6:00am On Feb 22, 2006
I have one thing to ask all these blind optimist who think they are patrotic. What good is beign a third class citizen in a third world country doing to you? 90% of nigerians are third class citizens in a hopeless country. I hate it when ungrateful bastards enjoy all the good cormforts of the west and then say they are third class citizens in a firstworld country. Maybe they are(and would remain like that) but the biggest problem naija has is people who dont want to acknowledge that the problems facing naija and keep saying bullshit. In as much as i love my country, i know that emotional feelings and reality are not the same. Naija is forked up big time and the bastards at the helm are even forking it up the more,
Guys pls stop comparing the west to naija 4 any reason.

Besides, in case u are relocating to naija, dont reside outside ur ethnic group. if yawa gas like the one now, ur family would all be slaughtred with knives in front of you and u will have an urge to call 911 and get a response in 5 mins. Then ul appreciate what the west has been doing 4 u-providing law and order.
Foolish people complain about working hard and paying bills but is that not the way a smooth system should work? What will u prefer, a mess like the naija system. Pls work hard and pay ur taxes and eat all the kinds of food and drinks in the world that u want, a privilage not enjoyed by 80% of nigerians.

Meanwhile, let the whinning begin from the "patriots"
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Jakumo(m): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2006
Mingiix that is indeed a very impressive picture that you lifted from the internet for use in your profile.  If you are such an expert on that rifle could you describe in words the sequential steps used to dismantle the AK47 shown in "your" photograph.  And please don't waffle because I used one for years and can strip and re-assemble it blind-folded and in seconds.

You claim to reside in the UK, but also avow readiness to volunteer for action in the Niger Delta.  Does that mean you are prepared to leave the comfort, security and generous unemployment benefits of the UK for a tour of duty exchanging live fire with the Nigerian army ?   Remember that there is a world of difference between the Sony Game Station video wars you conduct in your cozy little UK bed-sit on one hand, and the real deal going down in the delta. 

Over to you Rambo-Mingiix, the brave Wafi one-man video-game army, educate us wimps.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by mingiix: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2006
Jakumo(the self-acclaimed satirist)! I am not going to have a diatribe with you. You have got a right to write anything you want. That is the beauty of being in the civilized world. You will be surprised at my dexterity in stripping and re-assemblying a rifle with shut eyes. I probably started handling rifles at an earlier age than you(at the age of 11 in my secondary school in zaria). My skills i acquired while in NMS will all come back when a chicoco republic is finally declared.
LONG LIVE THE NIGER DELTA CHICOCO REPUBLIC!
AND CURSE  TO THE YORUBA & HAUSA/FULANI THIEVING REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by ono(m): 9:05am On Feb 22, 2006
Hey!! Mingiix, what's up man? You've been away for a long time - since Alams discussion, I've not heard from you again. How u dey?
Welcome back.

My brother forget about all these thieves robbing us in broad day light and wanting peace to reign. No peace for thieves.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by mingiix: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2006
ono my brother.How u dey?E don tey wey we yarn. I was hoping to get in contact with you after that alams talk. Didnt have an email addy to contact you. Please do email me  at 111123445567777@chicoco.org.uk so that we can exchange phone numbers. Alternatively, u can  call me on my VOIP(voice over internet protocol) number , +445601569714.
I am on leave now. Travelling with the madam and kids to rio de janeiro for the carnival on Saturday.So might not reply your email for about 8days. Remain blessed
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Hunter(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2006
I feel sorry for the familes affected, both the hostages and the people that will feel the effects of slowed oil producton.

I'm not sure how many of these militant groups think about the Nigerian's that they are hurting themselves passively, you don't need a gun to kill somebody!

I can't honestly see any positive effects of them demolishing pipelines, alot of them seem to claim that they want these multinational's out so they can extract the oil themselves but how do they plan on doing that when a) there's no equipment left b)there's no skilled technician's left?

I don't see a way in say the next 20 years that Nigeria could sustain it's own oil buisness (even before corruption etc is taken into account)
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2006
Even if they could extract the crude oil themselves, is it something they can drink? Isn't it the same Europeans and Americans that would still have to buy the crude oil from them for them to generate revenue? Reminds me of Ojukwu who forcefully created a Biafra nation without thinking of how he's gonna feed his "citizens".
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2006
Extract crude, ? Abegiii, make dem first learn how to read an write b4 talking about extracting crude,
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by linuxuser(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2006
One thing that I do not understand is when people talk about injustice to the people of Niger Delta.

Alams who is one of their leaders stole money meant for their development, came to UK and other places, bought houses, put his children in the best school, went overseas for medical treatment etc. Yet none of these so called Niger delta terrorist said anything about him. There is no doubt that these terrorists are being sponsored by the Alams and co.

The money found on Alam alone is enough to pay the salaries of the workers for 3 months. Why have they not kidnap his wife and children? Has enough ever converted the total money found on Alam together with the value of the houses he bought with the people's money. I beg who is deceiving who. These terrorists are talking about OBJ and others, what happens to their own people exploiting them to the bone.

The terrorists should be dealt with with despatch. let the Army go in and deal with them and their families and sponsors. Unless this happens, there these terrorists will continue their atrocities.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by ono(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2006
linus,
All that Alams stole is just a drop in the mighty ocean of accumulated, stashed away billions and zillions of naira dollars and Euros stolen by people like Babangida, OBJ, Abacha, Diya, Umaru Dikko, and others too numerous to mention. So, when you hear of people like Alams stealing, know that he got the idea from these wolves in sheep clothings.

The painful thing is that they have succeeded in corrupting our leaders in the Niger Delta too. These people came from far away dry, arid and perched lands to come and sow seeds of discord amongst us. Set brothers against brothers, towns against towns just to have unfettered access to the crude oil under our soil.

At the top echelon, they promulgate draconinan decress like the Land Use Act decree, Mineral and royalty rights etc etc meant[b] to deny our people the right to their own resources[/b]. And when confronted about these things they tell us to keep up the dialogue approach, as if they are deaf.

The only language they hear is crisis, war and threats

Let the Army go and fight the terrorists in the creeks. And let us see who will lose in the end. People think the Niger Delta will be polluted. Well, the place is already polluted. So, of what use is crying wolf when there's none. These MEND people know how to go for the jugular - where it matters most, at the Crude Loading Terminal. That's where all the crude gets to before it's sold out. So, when they attacked the Terminal's CLP, know for sure that they are really after the where it matters most to the exploitative, lazy and lousy fools in Abuja, who do not even know what the colour of crude oil is.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2006
@Topic

Ono is right. The problem is that when oil is extracted from this part of the country and enriches people in the west and northern part of the country, the locals find that repulsive. And the fact of life is that unlike other tribes in the country, these people are more than willing to die for their rights. Saro Wiwa started something Years ago and was murdered, and i think that really incited what we are seeing today. They are all willing to leave their comforts in the west to come and defend their homeland.

I ask myself everyday how the are funded, I.E AK47'S,Shoulder fired Missiles, Grenades, ETC. I think some wealthy guy or guys abroad are co-ordinating this thing with money, logistics, and technical know how. I think the government is about to get a rude awakening, and these people are more organized than people give them credit for. I also think that the government made a mistake by arresting that Dokunboh chap, it has only emboldened his followers. Look if Big Oil companies are going to exploit these people, the Nigerian Government will pay one way or the other. Shell is losing about $3million per day from the last bombing www.Nigeriaworld.com. But shell also made record profits for fiscal year 2005 as a company, and has a substantial presence in the Niger Delta.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by EJaja(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2006
my brother u can see how we threat our own brothers, the niger delta is the producer of 80% of the countries incom and 99 percent of the people are poor the goverment of the day tend to redicle the those who xstand to speak for us is this fair i would give u more facts to my proves

1 they stated by aresting the govenor of baylesa for money lundering mean while the governor of rivers state was cut commiting de same crime he claimed that de money was meant for him to goand buy plane and cars for de state and ask the uk police to call the call BABA dat he was aware of this but it was a lies mean while baba covered him up so did dat one go so wat is the diff between ODili AND DSP meanwhile the socall cars he said were ment 4 taxi is still not yet complete the once that have come has still not been put to use.

2 the youth of the niger delta decided to bring up there problem by advocating for there right and there leader ASARI DOKUBO has been arested and for months now and we here that there plan is to him in jail till after the 2007 election.

in conclusion the Gov should be held responsibly xspecially baba himself if not whay has DAriye not been brought to book he commited the same offens like DSP u see baba does not want any one to opose him and DSP has don so that y he was fought tooth and nail and de facgt that he surported de niger deltastruggle

my advice to BABA OBJ aka MONGO PARK is that he shold emullate de likes of clinton and mandela does are throughleader who never shot their opponent but gavedem rooms to talk their mindand they learnt from them were dey made mistakes
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by oyibo01(m): 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2006
Hi everyone, I am also quite new to nairaland and I just have a few comments regarding the posts I have seen on this thread sofar,

Firstly, wow, for peeps that are proud to be Nigerian, some of you surely are racist! Hating purely because of tribe or culture Instead of standing together as one and making a difference, you fight amongst each other?! How will Nigeria ever survive if its people cannot get along? This is one of the reasons why Nigeria is still so far behind. Must be honest though, I have worked and lived all over Africa and its not much different in any of the countries I've been in. Wondering if its an Africa thing?

Secondly, MEND are terrorists. Have a look at the definition (Oxford Dictionary),
terror  n. 1 extreme fear. 2 a terrifying person or thing. b colloq. formidable or troublesome person or thing, esp. a child. 3 organized intimidation; terrorism. [Latin terreo frighten]

terrorist  n. (often attrib.) person using esp. organized violence against a government etc.  terrorism n. [French: related to *terror]

terrorize  v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 fill with terror. 2 use terrorism against.  terrorization n.

Do I need to elaborate? I dont think so!

Thirdly, The Nigerian politicians, tribal leaders, etc, etc are probably the biggest problem and the primary factor in the problems faced by Nigeria today. You cannot have corrupt and inept leaders, I have to admit OBJ has made some changes for the better over the last 2 yrs, but hey, a leopard cant change its spots! He has been involved in a few corrupt dealings and may well still be. And even though he has probably been one of the better presidents to date, he should still not be at the helm of a great country such as Nigeria! Nigeria has the potential to be a wonderful, rich (in more ways than monetory) country, but it needs a good leader.

Finally, Yes, I am the first to agree that the multinationals have taken alot from Nigeria (and other countries), but face the facts, if they had not come to Nigeria and started extracting oil, it would still be underground. They have on the other hand paid billions of $$$ to Nigeria, which includes the government and communities. They are not in control of the manner in which the money is spent (or pocketed!) If the money paid was used for its intended purpose, the communities and the people of Nigeria would have been far better off than they are today. The so-called leaders of the country and the communities have abused their positions and used the money to their own personal benefit.

MEND or any other group should direct their anger and actions to the "real" guilty parties, not the multinationals who have actually "realized" the wealth to Nigeria!

Just a question, how far do you guys think MEND will really go? What will happen once they are offfered money? All the years I have been in Nigeria that seems to have been the norm, pay, and it goes away!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
E-Jaja,
Abeg tell dem o! If pple like Odili are still guvs in office, I wonder how 9ija delta go take develop o! I agree with u that Obj na crook too
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by issacboro: 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2006
Am back and ono remmember me well now all i have said is comming to pass and WO bityd you guys there is war and we are ready to die for our cause.
Abeg me una ask them na by force to be part of a shit country called nigeria.
Look they started to kill non muslims because of what are they the once that publish the cartoon no and they have not seen anything yet they will kill all the mallams and chase them like cattle driving flies away from it's yansh.
Shell, mobile,elf np be small thing dem go take there eye see this year.
All of you guys saying am in yankee and am in here what have u got to offer second class slaves.
U are in a glorified slavery state if u do not know me am not in niger but i want to go back and fight for what is right.
I trust u guys talking that u are all yoruba's no lever any small thing dem don dey shout dem wan kill me.una get luck fire go burn that mouth wey una take dey talk u dey yankee so na u be the first person to go yankee and u think say na u go be the last mugu like u.
come delta make u see watine dey happen to me make ishekire man stand for him right ok i forget them get yourba blood for them vein to stab man for im back wey im no dey look,uhrobo this once i know watine dey wrong with them dem go wait first make them take all the food comot for there mouth before them go shourt.
Let me tell you some and mark it the day when Ijawman,uhroboman and ishekiriman unit them make all of una wey no dey this region make una begin run because na then una go know say nigeria scatter becasue finish and niger delta is librated from u blood sucking vampires.
be warned when papa get dey beat im pickin everyday one dey the pickin go beat im papa back if not possible kill the papa.
This is the case of nigeria and soon u guys be prepared for the civil war me am going home to prepare and clean my AK47
GOD BLESS NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2006
Oyibo01,
Your guess is as good as mine. Once those MEND hoodlums get bribed with some money, all their noise will fizzle out.
However if they feel they can withstand the full might of the 9ija army, na the innocent 9ija deltans I feel for o! It did not cost Obj anything to bring calmness to Odi. No one in his right senses should feel Obj will not do same again to these MEND boys. If anythin happens to those Oyinbos wey them kidnap, that will surely spell doom for MEND o! To be fore warned, na preclude to being crushed o!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by issacboro: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2006
WHY U TALKING LIKE THIS REMMEBER DAFURE CRISIS,LIBERIA,SERA LEONE SOON IT WILL BE NIGERIA TURN WEY OTHER COUNTRIES GO COME DO PEACE KEEP FOR BECAUSE E GO BLOODY PASS WATINE THE EVER SEE FOR THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2006
Yeye person. If Nigeria should disintegrate all the countries around Nigeria including yours will fall like a pack of cards, because of (1) our enormous population which they can never support and (2) their economic dependence on us. Only a foolish West African will pray for war in Nigeria to happen.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by issacboro: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2006
U DEY FEAR SAY THEM WAN COMOT FOOD FOR YOUR MOUTH SEE YOUR MUMU SELF U NO DEY SHAME GREED MAN I SURE SAY NA THE SWEAT AND BLOOD OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGER DELTA TO PURNISH YOU .WEYRRA U KNOW URFULL SEF.U NO GET CONSINCE IF YOU GET YOU NO GO DEY BLIND TO SEE THE TRUTH.

THE PROBLEM WITH WE NIGERIANS WE FAIL TO SEE THE TRUTH BECAUSE WE NEVER WANT TO FACE THE TRUTH AND YOU YOURBAS WAT HAVE U OFFERED NIGERIA AS A WHOLE.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2006
What are you talking about? Is it their sweat and blood that created the oil in the ground? is it their sweat and blood that is extracting it from the ground? Did their forefathers plant seeds inside the ground to make the oil appear? Come on! It's just a maatter of chance that they live in an area with oil. Just pure chance, and nothing more. it is the expatriates and the Nigerians working with them that have done the hard work of discovering the oil and exploiting it for the benefit of many instead of just a few.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by Kokscity(m): 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2006
@Seun

They are lucky to have oil in the ground and the people in the north have groundnut, people in Cross River have Palm Oil,Cocoa, and Pineapple,People in west have Gold,Uranium and other Natural resource. My Point it they still have to be compensated well for taking their natural resource. People in Alaska get a check once a year just for having oil. It does not matter who, everyone gets a check. People in Texas enjoy no state income taxes, People in California enjoy Low Estate Taxes.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2006
Kokscity,
All the places u r mentioning in the states have pple who r educated and law abiding. They are not violent, and they don't carry out sensless attacks nor do they kidnap foreigners to drive home their points
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by owo(m): 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2006
@9ijaMan

Those 'educated and law abiding people' in Nigeria support and participate in the killing, bombing, murder, 'un-educating' and oppresion of those who you describe as violent. abi??

It takes a greater level of violence and senselessness to fly an airplane over a helpless village and insist on bombing it.

It takes blindness, hate and having a heart crossed with the devils fury to consistently oppress, torment and hound a people for over four decades and yet insist that nothing is wrong, then call the same oppressed people names 'senseless' and 'uneducated'
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by 9ijaMan: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2006
Owo,
Abeg read this and react:

Would u know that the Dangote Cement factory now being built in Cross Rivers state was actually planned to be cited in Rivers state. The community in which the factory was to be cited in Rivers made some outrageous demnads from the investors, guess what happened?
Donald Duke Invited Dangote to Cross Rivers state. This is a typical example of how your pple would like to develop their area.

I have a friend in PH who along with some of his neighbours planned to grade and tar the road which leads into their street. Guess what happend! The community guys came and asked for huge sums of money to appease their gods before any construction work can commence. U know what? My guy and his neighbours just fashi the project and they all went to start buying 4X4 cars, that can hardly be affected by the bad roads.

Abeg tell me how development wants to get to such a place if dem continue like this?

There is no other part of the country apart from 9ija delta that I know of where u will have to settle numerous gods and communities before you can establish a company in such a community.

Abeg make clean una house first o!
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by mingiix: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2006
@Seun! I had a high regard for your supposedly high intellect. You now sound like an alarmist, traitor,liar and the all the negative nouns that typifies the Yoruba man.
Is it a must to cohabit with you yorubas and northerners in the false entity call Nigeria.
@9ijaMan!I Understand your problem. Your source of livelihood is threatened.You can rest assured that we Niger-Deltans are not a vindictive group. When the Niger-Delat republic comes to fruition in the first quarter of 2008, we won't be economical with a 6month working visa  to our neighbours(northern and western nigeria).Our eastern nigerian neighbours  will probably be granted a right of abode(they are more understanding and truthful).
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by toshmann(m): 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2006
seun,ur utterances show that u do not have a grasp of the situation in the niger delta. these people have lived with injustice since 1960. what did u expect?

hunter, u worry about the family of the hostages,fair enough,i do too.but,do u know the number of people who have died in the niger delta due to illness caused by oil pollution and poverty as well as poor health services all a combination of bad govts, political injustice and unfair treatment at a population level. what did u expect? PLEASE CAN WE TELL OURSELVES SOME TRUTH IN THIS COUNTRY? BLAME THE LEADERSHIP FOR ALLOWING THINGS TO GET TO THIS LEVEL.

govt should make frantic efforts to balance this inequality against the niger delta. otherwise it can only get worse. and just to remind the audience, Nigeria is a FAILED STATE.
Re: Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta by owo(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2006
@9aijaMan
Is the Niger Delta populated by angels?. Certainly not. Even then I wish that you compare some of your stories with the atrocities of area boys (abi Omo nile) in Lagos.

If you believe that Dangote wanted to site a cement factory in Rivers State, then I'm sure that you can believe that eskimos buy ice from the sahara desert.

The limestone deposit in mfamasin (Cross- river) is one of the largest in Nigeria. It  supported a cement factory called Calcemco for decades until NIGERIANS shut it down through corruption. It is this site  site that Dangote hopes to build a cement factory. It is not, was not and will not be Rivers because elementary Geography suggests otherwise. In any case it is still in the south-South, so what is the fuss?

Please look for better stories.

The actions of Niger Deltans today is a direct fallout of the cumulative anti- Niger Delta seeds sown by the Bigger Nigeria over the last four decades. It is time to get it corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WTO: General Council Agrees Guidelines For Final Stage Of DG Selection / BORNO MASSACRE: We’re Expecting Bumper Harvest But Can’t Go To Our Farms / Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.