Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (39147 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by rabiudon: 9:59am On Mar 31, 2022
dchamp234:
I don't need anyone to tell me where you come from, Yoruba men are always like this, and she has been the one cooking all these years but cos she couldn't cook today and you beat and stave her of food and water, I don't think that rice and stew is up to 5k. Yeye afonja men..
tribalistic fool
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by seyz91(m): 10:00am On Mar 31, 2022
Bro you did right, you need nobody's validation online

I would treat her same way if i was in your shoe

Case closed!
yinkaOdutuyo:
So the main issue that led to me denying her food this night.

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

So house I want to know if this is right or wrong pls or what can I do.

To all moniker saying have I ever helped her before this is for you below:

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

I literally do almost 80% of everything in the house if not more than.

But me doing all those doesn't mean am a fool or I don't know what am doing.

Bit I think as a man you have to man up.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by thedio(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

But am having a conscience like am starving my wife or being wicked.
didinrin

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Charmillionaire(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2022
VaginaPeople:
na the fool be this
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by MOYOSPARKS(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

This thing called marriage.
My Brother truth is;
1. Whether in pretence or not, that your wife complained of a serious headache you ought to have prepared the food and ignore whatever she does afterwards.
2. You shouldn't have denied her any food.
3. Are you sure you did not get her angry before the "food issues"?
4. For you to feel this way, it shows what you did was totally wrong. You were upset no doubt but denying her food was way too much. It was better you didn't prepare it.
5. You two need to grow up not all these tit for tat nonsense you two are doing.
6. Lastly, it is expected that a man leads while the woman follows. If you two continue like this, i am afraid your marriage may not last too long.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by danny56: 10:03am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

What you allowed as a man from courtship matters a lot. You started with her lightly thinking she'd understand and now she's becoming arrogant with her decisions. The reason you are called the "GROOM", every woman MUST be groomed by her husband, this is the point you tell her the pros and cons of the house you want as a man. If you're still young in the marriage please be firm and intentional about what you want early now. Be a man and God will help you. sad
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by EmptyGarden(m): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2022
Visasolution048:

No, be money be the issue boss...These days men na puss*** they all be..

At least our fathers were not too rich... But they controlled our mothers... I wonder why it's so difficult for today's husbands to do that.

The nighar up there says he does 80% of house chores. Like you kidding me?? At least the problem has a source...
True.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Chuksfela1(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2022
SmellySperm:
Another marriage palava. What a home!
you said it all
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by SURElee(f): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2022
You did the right thing. As a female, I support you. You see in this life eh, where we clamour for men to be helpful to their wives, the sensible ones will know not to take their husbands for granted when the men begin to help out in the home front.

Dear husband, since she complained she was having headache and tired, my advice will be that she gets her blood pressure checked to rule out high blood pressure after that read riot act to her as the head of the home. The fact that you help out doesn't mean she begins to rant at the top of her lungs to you as her houseboy.

There should be decorum o!

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by sirtuler(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2022
What's I learnt about this is that women will always take any chances you give them for granted .

I once told my wife that I can help her to do anything that the only thing that can stop me from helping her is when she started seeing those help has part of my duties.
At the end she took it for granted and started seeing it has part of my duties and whenever I feel am not doing she bring on some atitude.
I later stop helping her to do anything in the house .

4 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Mooh247: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners

in this current Nigeria you are threatening a man with sex or food hahahahaaaa...

download Inmessage olosho app and see how cheap sex is with the so called posh girls.... go on jumia foods and see with 2k - 3k you will eat a good meal..

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by usah4(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2022
If you're buoyant enough, start eating out but not all the times though and see if she can survive it.
Prepare a time table, if she prepares breakfast you prepare dinner since you at times come home before her. As a guy I love cooking but not to that extent of a woman enslaving me to it.
Then seat her down talk to her like a husband not just fighting over small issues like this, if her head still strong then stop her from working.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by victorazy(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

WHAT A HOME shocked
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Peace1993: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys,
This special piece of information goes all out to

1. manufacturers(in small and large scale) as well as my fellow islamic adherents that make use of DATES/DABINU and TIGERNUT/AYA/IMUMU as raw materials in producing their products and IFTAR respectively

2. guys that are interested in PONMO - for domestic and party use,

3. BEANS(of any type) users;

that I can supply the aforementioned products from the Northern part of Nigeria(specifically Yobe state) to anywhere within the Country.

Kindly reach me through the below contact 09038766557(for WhatsApp and Call)

Your patronage will, be highly appreciated and not be regretted
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Ochelyko1: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

For a start u did the right thing, is even a sin for a woman not to cook for her husband except she just put to birth or she is heavy, or she is sick or she had an accident.

If any of the above is not the case then she is a wicked wife. You might not give her food to eat that night but the next morning allow her to eat. Let her get up on time and do what both of u will eat.

But at the same time always use love to correct her there is a way u will tell her not to eat that will make her own conscience to judge her.

Just forgive her and let her eat in the morning.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Makween(f): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:

But the woman works doesn't she? What will happen if they split house chores equally? He should not help her when he feels like. He should be equally involved in the house chores.
I never said it’s wrong for a men to help out with house chores, infact i admire men who do that but there’s an approach she should have taken which will make the man happily do the cooking and even serve her food, not telling him that you’re not gonna eat the food and later came around to eat it. Honestly if i were the one that did what she did, i won’t go near the food talk more of eating it.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by 12345baba(m): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2022
My wife no even Sabi say I know how to cook, Its one skill I will never let her know I have. If she cook we chop, the day she no fit cook we go restaurant chikena
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by DECLAN2015(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:
I guess this is what makes Nigerian men feel like men when the exercise dominance and control over their wives.
All the food that she has given you to eat, did you participate in cooking all of them.

Are u even in a marriage or a contract.

U have twisted it
Whi gave rhe money for all the food
Read read read and comprehend
They alwayz play victims
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by vince96w2(m): 10:11am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.
Siofra, if u read what he said, he does more than 80% of the job in d house...I also guess ur not married.. U see,I won't attack u but tell u few things..There are certain things a man does in the house esp men like the OP that's responsible.. These things keeps daily running of the house but most times because women enter the kitchen, they feel the man does nothing..Since things are always convenient for the woman and all she bothers about is what to cook..The OP said she watches film..why not help out?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by VaginaPeople: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2022
Charmillionaire:
na the fool be this
animegurl them undecided
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Mydazz(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2022
If the OP is a man indeed, then the conversations won't be here,........
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by OlawaleBammie: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Ok ma. If so be it. May all your children be the ones to be cooking for their wives.
in this life and afterwards, u will never know sorrow for that prayer u gave that lady.

Awon oponu.

Brother u re at fault and i wil tell u, u dont help women do their work all the tym else they wil apportion them to u with pride.

I always tell my woman, if at all i help u put off the gas u should thank me ooh, cus am not to be found in the kitchen,

Am not saying its not good to help ur woman, but u have to strike a boundary, let her know u re doing her a favour, as stupid as it sound but pls dont refrain from saying it, let her know her duty in the house.

We don tell una, make una no dey form yeye wokeness una no dey here, now see the results.

I trust my woman, she no go even allow me enter her kitchen cus she knows weneva i enter there na dirty work a go do grin
I would only silently went there to tif meat chop grin

On Tuesday my woman told me to pack the plate i used to eat to the kitchen, i said to her..come again madam!! Pls come again!! She just shut up grin

I said is it because i help u carry am yesterday u wan con turn am to my duty abi?? And i bet it wit u, if i continue packing the plate she would turn it to my duty and the day i failed to pack it she would leave it there for me.

Soo my brother, u caused this ursef with ur unnecessary wokeness just to be a modern man.

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Jones4190(m): 10:16am On Mar 31, 2022
You did the wrong thing by stopping her from eating the food, there is nothing wrong for you cooking for your wife when she complained that she is tired or sick.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Blunttruth: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Another follish comment
You can't even spell,even with auto correct on your phone. I bet you are not married. When you have been with someone for 15 years and are still with them and you say this maybe I might agree with you. Now run along nit.wit.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Originalsly: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Moderators on strike?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Sent87: 10:22am On Mar 31, 2022
All I can see here is lack of love and maturity.
The holy book says no one hates his own body,but loves and takes care of it. You and your wife is one, why treat her badly because she was tired.
I see wickedness and lack of tolerance.
You just missed an opportunity to show leadership by example.
Now do me I do you precedent you don set be that.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Malawian(m): 10:25am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Your wife dey Bleep bigger preek now.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by OlawaleBammie: 10:26am On Mar 31, 2022
deavicky:
the truth about women is that the moment u begin to help with something, they eventually leave it to you as ur responsibility.
And secondly if u have decided to cook why trying to share the cooking.
All I can say is, know ur limit. I help my wife too but the moment I discover she is waiting for me to do that think I just humbly leave it for her even if it take 3 days I don't care.
Don't mind what people are saying that it is good to help ur wife but u have to study the kind of wife u have.
thanks bros for this

I also help my woman but not to a stage it turn it to my responsibilities

My responsibilities are heavy already, providing 99.98234% of the bills
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by johnzadok: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2022
First of all couple should understand themselves in this type of situation you should know what is wrong with your wife that will makes her not to be able to go market and cook, it might be sudden attack, overstress, or she might be pregnant carrying your baby...in such time there is nothing wrong you buy the things and cook, in as far it's not a regular occurrences and your wife should appreciate you for doing that when she was not able to. Because with your write up it's like both of you were fighting for supremacy.. e.g you put rice on fire telling her to go and remove the rice which she did and she turned off the fire. Common that tells you she was not able to cook, she should have help her out since you were available, you telling her not to eat that was wrong if you actually met it. But if it's all or almost all the time she asked you to go market and cook please don't try it at all... Before you will turn into house boy
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by uthlaw: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
You started a war, hope you won't come back with another story. I pray you finish what you start grin

I don't think you men really appreciate what your wives do at home. Just this single act of pretense, you decide to starve your wife because she refuse to cook. Anyway, I hope you and your wife settle your differences with "small talks".
started a war in my own house,you ladies always have real luck to meet all this SIMP that you treating,meet someone like me and said have started a war in my house...life go tire you,shey na pussy de special for ena eye abi watin again,I can never and will never go to kitchen to cook for any fucking bitch!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Ekugbeh(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Oga don't mind noise. Somebody that said she isn't hungry suddenly starts salivating at the aroma of the food.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by uthlaw: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners
deny sex indeed,pussy no de outside,abi na gold be ur own....this sex you ladies put for head is just too overrated!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / I Offended My Wife And She Is Denying Me Sex / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.