Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (39154 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Visasolution048: 9:09am On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:

Mr manly. You did not answer my question. Did you cook all the food they you have eaten in your house. Have there been times that you were watching football and your wife made food for you. Tit for tat makes life smooth. You did not marry a slave.... or maybe you did, one of those poverty alleviation marriages undecided
Kaiiiii... See question wey fellow man dey ask...Na men like una dey make these women stand toes to una.

Yes, you didn't marry a slave. But there are ways to pass information to someone you call a husband. If she had done it the way a wive does it. It wouldn't have gotten to this.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by chigora: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2022
This is just lack of communication. If his wife in a lovely tone asked her husband to cook that night that she had stressed up and wanted to rest, the Op wouldn't had have problem with that. In another angle, it might be an accumulated vexation since he said that he does 80% of the cooking in the house. This is the precedence that you started. Why should you do 80% cooking? What is your wife doing then. You have to start now to detach yourself from the cooking.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Majesty33(m): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:
So the main issue that led to me denying her food this night.

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

So house I want to know if this is right or wrong pls or what can I do.

To all moniker saying have I ever helped her before this is for you below:

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

I literally do almost 80% of everything in the house if not more than.

But me doing all those doesn't mean am a fool or I don't know what am doing.

Bit I think as a man you have to man up.
You caused this for yourself, the moment you started doing those things. although, i am not saying u shoudnt help out in house chores but you shouldn
achimendy:

Is like you don't know women. When dey do it the first time and it worked, they will keep on doing it , because they see it as means of controlling their man. Women know how to get the mind of some men.
How can someone who said she wont cook and she's not hungry finally decided to eat after watching movies. Which sane man will be happy with that?
t overdo it cos anything u do for women, dont do it excessively cos they will take u forgranted and u start losiong your respect. ofcourse as a man u need to create that gap and fight for your respect as the man of the house.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by nduchucks: 9:11am On Mar 31, 2022
Love, the primary ingredient of a successful home life seems to be missing here.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nicoswit(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:

Nothing wrong with that. Especially if they are house husbands.
Be mindful of what you wish your sons just to form feminist on a faceless forum
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Visasolution048: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2022
Mercury12:

You talk too fast. Sex is the cheapest thing these days and most time men can even choose to get it without paying for it. .. Don't make that move. It is a wrong move.

I believe in marriage everyone should play their roles. Simple as ABC

God go bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Zion243(m): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2022
If you can't forgive a petty issue just like this one then you're not man enough.

Masculinity isn't always about being tough and rigid. I can't imagine you can conveniently eat the rice and watch your wife slept on empty stomach.

Bros, do better next time and you should apologize to her.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Elizmife: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You ain't starving her..you did what everyone should do.. if she's too hungry she should walk into the kitchen and help herself out.. undecided
Stop feeling bad.. undecided
This person giving this advice won't be there when the worst will happen, someone told you she had headache, you can't just help her get food, you will be surprised the person giving advice does the whole work at home.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Bounceboune7: 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.
u don't have sense n u have nobody to tell u,what do u mean by split house roles?
This is d main reason y many guys go against d idea of helping their wife at first cos with time she will see it as normal.

If she knows she can't take up wife duty y get married?
When it comes to bills u don't split but split responsibility, no wonder we have many divorce case around lately,many of u aren't fit to b married
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by achimendy(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2022
Visasolution048:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kaiiii Nigerian girls and sexxxxxx

As in ehhn. Kai
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by mrfizy(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2022
Moral of the story:
Never start what you cannot finish.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by siofra(f): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2022
Nicoswit:

Be mindful of what you wish your sons just to form feminist on a faceless forum

I watched a video where a guy was a househusband and he was fulfilled and happy with it. His wife works and provides for him while he does the house chores. People insulted him in the comments but of course he didn't care.

You people cannot handle half of the shit you dish out to women. I'm just happy more women in Nigeria are embracing feminism.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2022
Don't give her food shebi when she lands in the hospital you would be the one begging her to eat. When does having headaches or body weakness stop you from watching a movie abi why do you have TVs in hospital rooms, is it not to relax the mind. Except it is a regular thing she does, I don't see anything wrong here.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by emmanuelbrown26: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2022
BlueAir:
kiss her kind of compensation in her last paragraph should give u a hint of her kind of social life both in University and post uni
U got it man
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by IbomFinest: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

All I can read from the narrative is a redundant, boring and unromantic couples washing their very dirtiest of linen outside... You people are the type that makes marriage uninteresting.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by lexy2014: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
You started a war, hope you won't come back with another story. I pray you finish what you start grin

I don't think you men really appreciate what your wives do at home. Just this single act of pretense, you decide to starve your wife because she refuse to cook. Anyway, I hope you and your wife settle your differences with "small talks".

So she was pretending? I guess the guy is also pretending
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Etuagievin(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Ok ma. If so be it. May all your children be the ones to be cooking for their wives.
Fine response
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by izutian(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
From what you said,"sometimes I cook, do the washing, undies inclusive and 80% of house chores". That is the root of your problem, my brother don't start what you can't stop. Your new adviser is good, but you have to take step by step.
(1) Is better both of you starve.
(2) You eat out codedly.
(3) As in this case you have boiled rice, you forget about the stew. I know that she will cook the stew.
Finally don't underestimate the intelligence of this gender," everything they do is pre programmed.
Like one of my friend will say" if you are in be in, if you are out be out". Is not a always easy to man up inside a relationship, but it is a bold step to take.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by HOLYNICEGUY: 9:17am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners
sex is cheap you can get it any all you women know is sex numskulls

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by lexy2014: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2022
jackcanfield:
Don't give her food shebi when she lands in the hospital you would be the one begging her to eat. When does having headaches or body weakness stop you from watching a movie abi why do you have TVs in hospital rooms, is it not to relax the mind. Except it is a regular thing she does, I don't see anything wrong here.

Someone with headaches and body weakness should rest. Eating food is serious work that can aggravate the condition

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by pocohantas(f): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Thanks to Nairaland, I would never have guessed that grown adults who are above 22, fight and argue over things like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by SirMichael1: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners

Lol. Sex isn't food. I don't know when you lot will get this. If you ever deny me sex, I won't even ask anymore. Trust me, I don't consider sex as anything and I can always get it elsewhere.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Etuagievin(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2022
jackcanfield:
. But remember she said she doesn't need food. Would someone who is not hungry die of hunger. ?

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Married2Crypto(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2022
thank God d only meals i can prepare are; pap, boiled yam or cassava or coco yam or sweet potatoes and my very owned spicy n sticky rice jollof recipe as i dey like am wid nutmeg + little chopped okra or ogbono plus plenty groundnut oil inside, shikena! Food is ready eh! eh!!...i don't mind dishing out same meal lyk dz till eternity, she go chop surplus starch so tay her jaws no go fit pronounce words coherently again. Watering indomie with flavourd sauce naa bonus too. I no dey select food at all.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by fynex(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Because of this small thing bros?
E no reach for all these brohaha.

She probably felt too tired) wasn't in the mood to cook and you ended up doing it. Thank you...serve her food to eat and you both live happily ever.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Yomit71(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2022
you have spoiled her by doing 80% of the house chores so don't expect her not to misbehave.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2022
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2022
Etuagievin:
. But remember she said she doesn't need food. Would someone who is not hungry die of hunger. ?

If your child tells you they are not hungry, would you still not make provision for food or you would rather starve them just “because”.

There are cases of men who because they are angry with their wives would say they are not hungry when their wives want to make food but the wives will still make sure she cooks his portion. And you will see these men sneaking out in the middle of the night to eat this same food.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.

Feminist spotted.........hope the money he used to marry her from introduction to wedding was also divided between the two? Or is he not a man to provide that?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by achimendy(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2022
Majesty33:
You caused this for yourself, the moment you started doing those things. although, i am not saying u shoudnt help out in house chores but you shouldnt overdo it cos anything u do for women, dont do it excessively cos they will take u forgranted and u start losiong your respect. ofcourse as a man u need to create that gap and fight for your respect as the man of the house.

Exactly.
That's why you always hear them saying they want to get married to a man they can control, so that they can do whatever they want and the man wont say anything. And it's because of this i dont support men loving their woman more than the way she love him .Check many families today, that's what is happening there.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Very funny story.

Oga, focus more on hustling. You may want to eat out more so you focus on making money. These are normal stories as a result of poverty. If you owe better money, this type of story will never surface. I have nothing to say to you and your wife. Such is normal with poor people. Na you a dey face. Double your hustle.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by HardMirror(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

It is to get ready, you have set a very bad precedence....and women....hmmmm. I will advise you sit her down and discuss the issue and agree on the way forward.
If I were you, I'd rather eat out than complete the cooking and deny her of it.
you are a wise man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Dead Neighbour / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.