Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24009 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 9:54pm On May 01, 2022
cherryCola:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck
driver tongue.
The land you bought and the house you build was
from all the thieves and cutting you guys made,
So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
I can't even lecture you on how I make my money legally despite being a truck driver because you have a very shallow mind.

I'm sure you're still under your dad's roof... Saying mummy "thank you ma" after eating.

Besides I will be 30 yrs old by September, I'm living comfortably, I don't beg for food or money from anyone, I'm paying my bills, I'm not in competition with anyone and my future is bright.

74 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 10:20pm On May 01, 2022
cherryCola:

driver tongue.

- If you think it's easy driving on the highway 24/7 (especially at midnight).... then i suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to know the roads and routines leading to just 22 states in Nigeria... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to sleep on the highway almost everyday (especially in a bushy area) even on public holidays... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's so easy to drive a truck.... Then I suggest you give it a try.

I can't even list them all, But Let me burst your bubbles... I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW.

I'm so certain that if you try just one trip... you're gonna quit instantly. So stop looking down on people's hustle regardless of their educational qualifications.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 01, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided
I stay in Abj. But it's a trap dat d devil wants to use on you. Wait till u're like 21 b4 making dat decision okay?

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 1:22am On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Roctation farano please front page

Hehehe... 28, and local man still dey chao mileh chow under her roof steady. grin

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by biggy00000(m): 3:46am On May 02, 2022
@OP why do you wan to leave?

If you are not comfortable yet; dnt leave o

Common curtain cost gan o

To fill gas nko?

To pay service charge-cleaner, power, refuse, water....

Dnt fall for the pressure of independence o.

Oluwa a wa pelu e

26 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Divoc19(f): 4:05am On May 02, 2022
Age 5, to stay with my big sister.
As an adult I still can't understand why
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:34am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided

If you’re really interested, a colleague of mine would like to discuss modalities, preferred area would be Asokoro-Guzape axis.

*Female only*
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Blunttruth: 7:17am On May 02, 2022
MikeofKd:

I stay in abj, I can accommodate you but you gotta pay tho
Hope you are not a ritualist or looking for a sex slave

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Blunttruth: 7:20am On May 02, 2022
Stayed in my father's house till I got married. Though had my own apartment. We stayed for a year and a half gathering money , before we moved to our own apartment. I was 31 when i left.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 7:33am On May 02, 2022
Blunttruth:
Stayed in my father's house till I got married. Though had my own apartment. We stayed for ana year and a half gathering money , before we moved to our own apartment. I was 31 when i left.
Na man you be,you try. Hands up in the air for u comrade.

10 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Peace081: 8:40am On May 02, 2022
Age 27, I no want see finished

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Channah1(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2022
I left at the age of 26 and that happened as a matter of emergency when the landlady ( a 70yr old woman) became hostile and was threatening my family that she was going to deal with us the way she dealt with my Mom who died some months back.

I told my old man, I can't stay here again. He asked if I've gotten a place, I said yes. A friend was about to get married then so she wanted me to take over her apartment and continue paying in her name. So my old man said I should go ahead but as for him, he's not leaving. That he's not afraid of the landlady. That instead, she will go before him.
I said, ok papa and I jakpa.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by sammy329(m): 8:42am On May 02, 2022
22 years old
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by SambankmanFried: 8:42am On May 02, 2022
been living alone since jss3
but left my parents full ay after sec school
had to go out in to the world and hit the ground running

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by LordEclipse: 8:43am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
..I once left when I was 8 years cause they annoyed me around 7AM then returned by 12noon when hunger wire me.. Brethren, I nearly died..�

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Pascopele: 8:43am On May 02, 2022
Yeah! For those that got parents. Living off the street

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by 77up(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
Wow , God bless your hustle bro

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by HiFive: 8:43am On May 02, 2022
At 17yo.

Reason: He married another wife shortly after ma mom died and then thangs changed. #Normal level if you know what I mean.

Nigga has to route and find his own.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Smartlux(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2022
19, felt the need
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2022
Left at the age of 20 to study overseas
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 8:45am On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Partially sacked my parents and left at 10. Came back and left finally at around 15-18yrs. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. My parents were ready to spoil us silly. But I learnt the hard way on the street selling with my Igbo brothers. But then that was my first business school and it was the best I ever had.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:45am On May 02, 2022
19 years old.
Left for school and dad still send hand-outs back then.

Three years after, I started fending for myself and I got a room with some of my homeboys.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Integrity1992(m): 8:45am On May 02, 2022
MikeofKd:

I stay in abj, I can accommodate you but you gotta pay tho

Can I know more about it, I am interested.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by nesgeeek(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .
what's the hell are u saying? That young man is better than unemployed graduate.

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by obamartins(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2022
I was 18 years old. My step mum made my father's house too toxic. When i left for the University. I never returned back home till date and i never regreted it. It made me the man i am today.

But if your father's house is condusive, stay back and get all the necessary skills b4 venturing out. It's wasn't easy for me out here, but God helped me.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by bluefilm: 8:47am On May 02, 2022
Why should I leave the safest place in the world for me?

I dey mad?

Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kingemaker(m): 8:47am On May 02, 2022
This thread is an indicator of the level of crime rate in the country today. Root cause isn't disconnected from dysfunctional homes. God help this country.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by chigoizie7(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2022
At 32 I haven’t left ooh, and I don’t think I am leaving ooh. Say I no de live for naija for 4 years now. Anytime I visit home na for their house I de live ooh. Make no one stress me.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by belcom10(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2022
22yrs, Today I'm happily married.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by HoluGraze: 8:49am On May 02, 2022
I left at 15yrs for a Guidance place which I left at 19yrs. Now here am I giving God the glory

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Orlu15(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

driver tongue.

What is this one even saying?
Isn't better than stealing??

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Kfed4ril(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:

At 19 why the rush, chill and let things be in place before you think of leaving.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / 10 Marital "Nevers" / Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.