Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24019 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Lizav(f): 11:16am On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.

Bros, please what do you do now?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Udemzy05: 11:16am On May 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

These people think leaving your parents house to go suffer is a flex? Yes, to go look for a better thing to do for yourself. But if you have a good job while still living with your parents and still pay some bills, I don’t think anything is wrong with it.

No one should take pride in suffering when you know that you can have it easy. We only live once. No go de form nonsense ontop suffer-head. I lived in my parents house until I was 28, my leaving the house was even because I left naija. Even while I was working with access bank I still lived with them and they were happy because I could save more. Even though I foot most of the bills, each time I visit naija na still there house I de stay. They own the house in a town, why must have be paying someone else rent in the same town when I have somewhere to stay for free?

Lol.. sometimes it is peer pressure, some can't even feed themselves comfortably,they save money among themselves,get a one room and start there and at the end to continue paying the rent will be a problem.

Some do it just to get the freedom of bringing home girls to have fun with.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kolawoleahmed(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2022
At 34 ( Married with 2 boys ) still at my parent house although I built the house and about to finish my own too

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Uniquetani1(f): 11:18am On May 02, 2022
siofra:
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?

Omo, I don't know why parents don't want their daughters to leave but always encourage their son to go out.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rubbiish(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2022
seanwilliam:
Lol, u left home dem still Dey send you upkeep money .. lmao
Funny how so many misconstrued the op post.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Armanipounds: 11:22am On May 02, 2022
Left at the age of 16 due to irreconcilable difference with my late Dad. Was so stubborn at home but I was glad I left for a better experience at the highest level. It was quite tough for me at first, but I coped well. My late Dad always wanted me to go to school but I refused, when I came of age I knew what he was always talking about. I fulfilled his long time dream of going to school though.. now am a Law undergraduate in one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria. I'm happy I listened to my late Dad on the long run.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DeBoyNewton: 11:23am On May 02, 2022
Exkandayee:
I left@21 after I droped out in final year ,then I japa...
Japa to which country, how did you do it? Share update boss.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Kucoin: 11:24am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .

And how many peeps are actually using their university certificate to work?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Kucoin: 11:26am On May 02, 2022
Uniquetani1:

Omo, I don't know why parents don't want their daughters to leave but always encourage their son to go out.

They are only sympathising with the millage of her kitten.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 11:31am On May 02, 2022
nesgeeek:
what's the hell are u saying? That young man is better than unemployed graduate.

He is better than some unemployed graduate
does not actually means it is better.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 11:32am On May 02, 2022
Orlu15:

What is this one even saying? Isn't better than stealing??
Are you sure you read what I wrote shocked .
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rickyforeign(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2022
Real life.. I'm glad you scaled through
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Austin4Jesus(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2022
I left home at 18 immediately After secondary school, dad lost his job and took ill shortly, mum was a petty trader and I had 3 older siblings in higher institutions, they had to manage what's left in dad's savings account in school which was not enough, So I had to go sort myself out. Got a job at 18, was working and schooling and even giving financial support to my parents and sibling in school, graduated and got a better job, and furthered my education. It was not easy but I'm grateful to God His Grace my hardwork paid off..
Let this be an encouragement to anyone without an academic sponsor, you can do it yourself, never remain uneducated because there was no one to see you through school, get a job, start a part time programme, be humble and focus and you shall become better than those whose father sent to private universities

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by meedoLock(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2022
Hmmm I can remember my dad seriously frowned at me leaving the house probably because I'm his only son. I sincerely felt sorry for him cry but, sir this is my life, we need to not let emotions get the better of us. After spending 5 years in University (Assu factor), I can't see myself coming back to that house, it actually looked like a plague to me at the time.

My mum on the other hand wasn't like my dad, she was the one even discussing with me during my final year on how I was going to get myself an accommodation outside our home to be independent and get on a good track.

My dad to his blessed memory loved his children wholeheartedly most especially myself been his only son. He started birthing at a very late age so he passionately held on to I and my elder sister.

I wished to have become great and repay his lovely fatherhood attribute before he's aged but man proposes God disposes.

As a male child, you have to leave and find urself a better fit, most especially if you aren't from an intense wealthy home. It's just a common sense.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.

Bro, how did u apply as Dangote truck driver?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2022
siofra:
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?
If u r leaving, come nd stay with me.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Acidbath: 11:52am On May 02, 2022
Interesting read here. Some are sad though. undecided

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by biden0987: 11:54am On May 02, 2022
seansifo:

Which area are you looking at?

Anywhere in Alimosho
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 11:55am On May 02, 2022
Lizav:

Bros, please what do you do now?

I'm a software and digital experience designer. With many digital side hustles bringing in the bag.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by otunbateejay(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2022
squash47:

17 after secondary school... almost all my class mates and friends left their parents that same year...
We all independent modafuckers now.
... Guy after 17schools or 17weac ??
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 11:57am On May 02, 2022
kuse2:

Easy @Cherry.. That's too harsh.. At least man no dey steal or into any vices.
That you got life easier does not mean others are lazy.. Just thank God for your life and respect others..

Lol......cheesy.

I didn't got life easier bro, I started working in building and
fancy blocks factory when I was just 15, there are some days I have to load ten thousand blocks on a tipper.

Am not looking down on his job, it just piss me off
hearing he wasted four years in school just to get a job that 90% of the driver's can't even brag of a complete SSCE angry .

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ajiswaggs(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2022
I'm 27years still living under my parents, but soon I move to my personal house which is about to be completed very soon. I don't let anyone pressure me. I can afford to live alone if I want to, but I feel I won't be serious with life and investments. So I'm planning everything accordingly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by micaluk: 11:58am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
Geez,how much you being paid?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 12:03pm On May 02, 2022
olatuneji:

Alright thanks but if I can ask, is it possible to make money freelancing with graphics design, people keep talking about how saturated it is. Do you think one can make money with graphics design on either fiverr or upwork

Let me be real with you; it might be quite dauting. From experience, my candid advice would be for you to evolve. As designs have greatly moved from just graphics to human centric designs that comes with contemporary design thinking process and tools.

A freelance graphic designer who'sworking smart would always be abreast of diversifying.

Also, except you're making it big on Fiverr, snub those platforms. Hustle offline via network marketing while building your online brand.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:08pm On May 02, 2022
Fiscus105:

Wen u stay in school hostel even in university, u re still much under the care of ur parents.

I repeat, you and ur friends that left home immediately after secondary sch are reason crime rates are increasing.

When a teenager left under the care of his parents without tangible job to bring income to cater for him....... surely you will result to hooliganism, stealing, cultism, yahoo and ritual that many of you are into in recent time, as a result of failed parenting.

You're an idiot a big one for that matter.

You that left your parents at 40 what have you archive so far undecided.

Ruminant Animal !.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by olatuneji: 12:08pm On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:

Let me be real with you; it might be quite dauting. From experience, my candid advice would be for you to evolve. As designs have greatly moved from just graphics to human centric designs that comes with contemporary design thinking process and tools.

A freelance graphic designer who'sworking smart would always be abreast of diversifying.

Also, except you're making it big on Fiverr, snub those platforms. Hustle offline via network marketing while building your online brand.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Viccur(m): 12:12pm On May 02, 2022
5 months after Nysc. At 24
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:19pm On May 02, 2022
dettolgel:

Make that guy come Europe come see say any legit work na work.

Na for Naija people dey look down on legit work and extol yahoo yahoo. Bros anybody wey dey look down on your legit hustle that person na Very criminally minded individuals.

Bros I hail u wela most people no even know how their favorite indomie, pasta, onion infact all their food stuff take dey reach their states. While them dey sleep truck driver dey drive like mad to make sure say d goods reach the city on time.

Bro I salute you again na una be the real mvp.

My legit hustle, are we getting the foodstuffs for
free ?, do you know what we too face on daily basis to get money that will enable us purchase their goods ?.

what is my business if there have accident on the road and die undecided .
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Light78: 12:20pm On May 02, 2022
98% of the comment here are lies.

Three guys are finding it hard to pay this year's rent. They left their parent's home as small money entered their hands. They thought the money would keep coming.

They are broke and running around for his rent.

Leaving your parents' homes is not an achievement.

Get a good job.

Learn how to take responsibility and you are good to go.

You left at 19 but can't boast of 10 million in your account, another left at 35 can boast of 30 million. What's now the gain in leaving early?

I think most people here are following the multitudes.

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Lamasta(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2022
otunbateejay:
... Guy after 17schools or 17weac ??
Do you have comprehension issue or what
The young man statement means he left his parents at the age of 17 after finishing secondary school

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2022
Technically left since i got admission at 17 i have never stayed more than 2 months in my parents house but i am still highly dependent on them. Then i left to Lagos after graduation to stay with my siblings who i am still dependant on. There's nothing for me at home and they understand that. It's better to be jobless in Lagos than in some places where there's literally no hope. The longest i have be independent without any single help was in NYSC, It felt great catering for oneself and managing the 33k. But that soon disappear in less than a year. Back to being dependent but seriously searching for a job, learnt driving so i wouldn't be completely useless. Looking for a less expensive skill to learn that i can monetize if jobs wouldn't come. It's rough.... cry

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Light78: 12:22pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

You're an idiot a big one for that matter.

You that left your parents at 40 what have you archive so far undecided.

Ruminant Animal !.

One begins to lose a battle when he starts insulting the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Man Shares His Encounter With A Hungry Stranger / ''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / Mother Abandons Her HIV-Positive Baby On Benin Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.