Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24012 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by pappilo(m): 9:21am On May 02, 2022

I went to the abroad.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Skillsnigeria: 9:22am On May 02, 2022
You can start with a single room apartment (face me I face you) if you really want to leave home and become independent

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Impactech: 9:24am On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.

Boss, I am interested in knowing what venture you engaged in that changed the whole game. Thanks
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Anthonyoz(m): 9:26am On May 02, 2022
I left at 19yrs ,came back at 21yrs stay with my mother's house till 27yrs and took over my mother and house at 28yrs

I married my mother we are compatible ,she doesn't see me as her baby boy rather she now took me as her husband.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by yumlalosti: 9:28am On May 02, 2022
20s
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by jimtemi1: 9:30am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck
driver tongue.

The land you bought and the house you build was
from all the thieves and cutting you guys made,
So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
lol for Nija anyway Na way
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Zimzy(m): 9:30am On May 02, 2022
I left at 34 on the day of my wedding even though there is space for me and my wife in my family house but I have to be a man of my own and also to allow my wife to settle down.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Centrallock: 9:30am On May 02, 2022
I left my family house at the age of 25 years and it's one of the worst decisions i have made in life,
Considering i went straight to staying alone in a very wealthy area..
It exposed me to alot of bills, affected my savings..

If only i waited for few more years i would have saved a good fortune..

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by TayusKilzEasyjay(m): 9:33am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided

O fe ma shey shina abi berry
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by aidameoryou: 9:34am On May 02, 2022
kingemaker:

Lol, I can sense your frustration. It's never your fault dude, it's a pity you got kicked out of home before you turned 10. I pray you find complete healing.

Bullshit write up bro.
Been in and out of this country and been on myself all the while.
Your bullcrap doesn't add up, has no base really

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Cokahot: 9:35am On May 02, 2022
I can't comment without you. Yahoo boy
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 9:35am On May 02, 2022
Impactech:

Boss, I am interested in knowing what venture you engaged in that changed the whole game. Thanks

IT skills my gee. I spent sleepless days learning programming, designing and how to sale (digital marketing). I learnt them concurrently. Designs started paying my bills, then digital marketing before programming crowned it all.

Also, I started high level networking. Meeting individuals who are in a specific strata of the society. Strategically, pitching myself. Doing a lot of stuffs to scale my worth.

Lastly, a man with one source of income won't last. I also learnt skills that fetch money even when I am sleeping or grooving. Not ponzi schemes or. Stuffs live Fiverr, Amazon KDP, crypto/NFT's et al.

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by LordofNaija: 9:37am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
Bros abeg how much does Dangote pay truck drivers, kindly reply me please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 9:38am On May 02, 2022
Cokahot:
I can't comment without you. Yahoo boy

Haha grin. Funny enough, I hate that shît! I always distance myself from individuals who into that.

Na God and my Skills de feed me right now. I sincerely give it to God. I can't take away his Glory.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Eriokanmi: 9:39am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
You could be one of those graduates recruited by dangote back then. Your salary won't definitely be the same as those school cert holder drivers.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Impactech: 9:40am On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:

IT skills my gee. I spent sleepless days learning programming, designing and how to sale (digital marketing). I learnt them concurrently. Designs started paying my bills, then digital marketing before programming crowned it all.

Also, I started high level networking. Meeting individuals who are in a specific strata of the society. Strategically, pitching myself. Doing a lot of stuffs to scale my worth.

Lastly, a man with one source of income won't last. I also learnt skills that fetch money even when I am sleeping or grooving. Not ponzi schemes or. Stuffs live Fiverr, Amazon KDP, crypto/NFT's et al.

Thanks Man

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by merits(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

6 years and the reason is because of poverty.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Hannover(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
Thank you... Ofcourse... Depends on the location... I'm in abuja... I need somewhere close to gwagalada...

Can u move to Portharcourt? There is work and accomodation available. If interested please contact me at kaladajumbo74@gmail.com... Females only!
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cigaricon(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2022
16. I had just finished secondary school then my mom passed and there was no chance of me going to the University. Also, i couldn't continue living with my dad and step mother, i knew I had to go find myself, so after saving up some money, i packed my things and left without telling anyone. Well here I am today, grateful that I left that house that time smiley

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kuse2(m): 9:43am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .

Easy @Cherry.. That's too harsh.. At least man no dey steal or into any vices.
That you got life easier does not mean others are lazy.. Just thank God for your life and respect others..

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by skylane: 9:43am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
I can't even lecture you on how I make my money legally despite being a truck driver because you have a very shallow mind.

I'm sure you're still under your dad's roof... Saying mummy "thank you ma" after eating.

Besides I will be 30 yrs old by September, I'm living comfortably, I don't beg for food or money from anyone, I'm paying my bills, I'm not in competition with anyone and my future is bright.
ignorance is just mans pure enemy,why are you bordering yourself to explain to someone who is? anyway kudos to your hustle,may God expand you the more

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by olatuneji: 9:44am On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:

Sir, the design, do you mean graphic design
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kkins25(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

As long as they pay your bills to be in school, you are still under their roof until you start paying your own bills. Now that ASUU is on strike, where are they? No be back to papa and mama house?
Im juat surprised yo see people living parents house at 17. I'm evening asking myself where i went wrong.

The malafvckers are using admission to claim they japa?? LOL. while still receiving monthly stipends? Lol.

Im 26 and my younger ones have even japa leave me for house... Planning to japa this year..as dem don dey turn me houseboy!

Shout out to all women who are hustling and taking care of their homes mehn..So this is what market women go through. No wonder they age veey fast. I work from home and can't even concentrate at times..Mehn!! does women dey try!

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by molbic(m): 9:46am On May 02, 2022
I left my parents house at 10 stroke 11years not because I wished to do so but because of my father's death and it really took a toll on me but by the grace of God things are better today

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kuse2(m): 9:46am On May 02, 2022
Anthonyoz:
I left at 19yrs ,came back at 21yrs stay with my mother's house till 27yrs and took over my mother and house at 28yrs

I married my mother we are compatible ,she doesn't see me as her baby boy rather she now took me as her husband.

Whatever this means..
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ocholu: 9:49am On May 02, 2022
olatuneji:

Sir, the design, do you mean graphic design

Not really. But I started with it. Graphics design really shaped my designing path. Today, I am a digital experience designer. Anything product and consumers. What people call UI/UX or product designer. But I don't tag myself that. Because I am some levels ahead of them. Haha grin.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Hungerbadoo: 9:49am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided
Guy i also need a flat mate oo. I dey ABJ like this. How you want make we run am?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rivguydee(m): 9:51am On May 02, 2022
Lies full here

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Starhearts: 9:52am On May 02, 2022
@ 12
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Smartjoe4us(m): 9:52am On May 02, 2022
[quote author=GeneralKoko post=112421094]I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Well, I left home at age 17
It's not easy and it's not gonna be easy, when the struggle hits me too hard, I do hala my moma, man needs to stay alive so as to hustle.
It's been 8 years now, missing home so mad.
No place like home �

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by jericco1(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2022
At 6 months old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / How & Why do siblings fall apart? / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.