Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24013 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by seanwilliam(m): 8:50am On May 02, 2022
squash47:

You're right.
trust me, you will go far in life .

I’m so happy you agreed you were wrong . God bless you

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by AriseNews: 8:51am On May 02, 2022
At 23 after service
Meanwhile, See all you need to know about Yul Edochie’s 2nd wife Judy Austin and her failed past relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBevhm5hVbI
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Callisto1(m): 8:52am On May 02, 2022
29. i needed to leave my comfort zone. Thank God i did

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Swain1679(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2022
MikeofKd:

How much person go pay before e stay with you for abuja
I stay in abj, I can accommodate you but you gotta pay tho
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Sheriman(m): 8:54am On May 02, 2022
I dey smell abundance of lies here and there!!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kaludestiny10(m): 8:54am On May 02, 2022
There is dignity in labour. Do not despise others in their humble beginning.
Truck drivers are well paid outside the shores of Africa. So it is not a bad profession.
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by chigoizie7(m): 8:54am On May 02, 2022
squash47:

You talk a lot of nonsense.
After secondary school, shouldn't the next stage be higher institution ?
Do you live with your parents in school hostel ?
Geometric Progression. Una go dey speak anyhow English.

As long as they pay your bills to be in school, you are still under their roof until you start paying your own bills. Now that ASUU is on strike, where are they? No be back to papa and mama house?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by seanwilliam(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2022
Lol, u left home dem still Dey send you upkeep money .. lmao

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by southsouthking(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2022
Fiscus105:

Wen u stay in school hostel even in university, u re still much under the care of ur parents.

I repeat, you and ur friends that left home immediately after secondary sch are reason crime rates are increasing.

When a teenager left under the care of his parents without tangible job to bring income to cater for him....... surely you will result to hooliganism, stealing, cultism, yahoo and ritual that many of you result to in recent time, as a result of failed parenting.

Comrade please lower your voice.

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Sharatan(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2022
Make nobody pressure you o. Leave when you can. I left at the age of 27 yrs with nothing but 70k in my account and some keyboard bombing skills in my medulla. Now I’m 31 and chilling with the big boys.

11 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Deicide: 8:57am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided
So you've been in Abuja all this while?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

At 16 I had conflict of interests at home. Rented a single room, first 3 years weren't easy I must admit. Married at 24. Now 43, first child graduates from a private university next year, life's good.

16 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by dettolgel: 9:00am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
- If you think it's easy driving on the highway 24/7 (especially at midnight).... then i suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to know the roads and routines leading to just 22 states in Nigeria... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to sleep on the highway almost everyday (especially in a bushy area) even on public holidays... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's so easy to drive a truck.... Then I suggest you give it a try.

I can't even list them all, But Let me burst your bubbles... I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW.

I'm so certain that if you try just one trip... you're gonna quit instantly. So stop looking down on people's hustle regardless of their educational qualifications.

Make that guy come Europe come see say any legit work na work.

Na for Naija people dey look down on legit work and extol yahoo yahoo. Bros anybody wey dey look down on your legit hustle that person na Very criminally minded individuals.

Bros I hail u wela most people no even know how their favorite indomie, pasta, onion infact all their food stuff take dey reach their states. While them dey sleep truck driver dey drive like mad to make sure say d goods reach the city on time.

Bro I salute you again na una be the real mvp.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by aidameoryou: 9:01am On May 02, 2022
kingemaker:
This thread is an indicator of the level of crime rate in the country today. Root cause isn't disconnected from dysfunctional homes. God help this country.

You all should stop talking nonsense like brainless chickens.

Some people commit atrocities even from their parents house, and some people were still point of reference fellows in the society despite staying alone at any point in their lives.

A person who's bound to leave home at 15 will do so regardless of reprimand from guardians.

Because you stayed at your parents house till 50 doesn't guarantee shit and should never be a yardstick for qualifying shit.

I am not for OR against anyone leaving house at anytime because my opinion here wouldn't change the fact that everywhere in the world, kids are leaving their parents house even at 14

Stop sounding so dumb y'all

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Galadimabawa: 9:01am On May 02, 2022
@ 14 when I loose all my parents

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:01am On May 02, 2022
Immediately I was born from the hospital I find my way ooo enter street no time cheesy

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Mexyz(m): 9:02am On May 02, 2022
Left at 28, if you are reading this and you intend leaving your parents place, please make sure you have something doing that's bringing in money.
Don't leave because your friends are leaving or because you feel disrespected at home, my brother/sister, hunger go finish you o, especially now that the cost of living is above the roof.

Mattress, curtains, gas and paying other utilities is not child's play o.

20 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kaludestiny10(m): 9:03am On May 02, 2022
I left my parents after my NYSC program. My father was even the one that advised me to move to Abuja for a job that a cousin linked me with. I was sleeping in a restaurant owned by a village brother. I spent four months before I was able to raise the money for house rent in Karimo. I have relatives that are well to do staying in Abuja but I chose to be independent on my own. But I must confess that it was not a palatable experience.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Drating1: 9:03am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
- If you think it's easy driving on the highway 24/7 (especially at midnight).... then i suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to know the roads and routines leading to just 22 states in Nigeria... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to sleep on the highway almost everyday (especially in a bushy area) even on public holidays... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's so easy to drive a truck.... Then I suggest you give it a try.

I can't even list them all, But Let me burst your bubbles... I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW.

I'm so certain that if you try just one trip... you're gonna quit instantly. So stop looking down on people's hustle regardless of their educational qualifications.
May Almighty God bless ur hustle sir and u shouldn't be listening to negative people...

14 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Heavensent01(m): 9:03am On May 02, 2022
left house at the age of 25 when their Bossy was too much for me, no move with this and that, yet them no dey do anything for person, those friends that would have help they stop us from moving with 90% of them they abroad doing fine

so I gbe body mi and enter street even though I left house late but the decision open a lot of way for me today

10 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kingemaker(m): 9:06am On May 02, 2022
aidameoryou:

You all should stop talking nonsense like brainless chickens.

Some people commit atrocities even from their parents house, and some people were still point of reference fellows in the society despite staying alone at any point in their lives.

A person who's bound to leave home at 15 will do so regardless of reprimand from guardians.

Because you stayed at your parents house till 50 doesn't guarantee shit and should never be a yardstick for qualifying shit.

I am not for against anyone leaving house at anytime because my opinion here wouldn't change the fact that everywhere in the world, kids are leaving their parents house even at 14

Stop sounding so dumb y'all

Lol, I can sense your frustration. It's never your fault dude, it's a pity you got kicked out of home before you turned 10. I pray you find complete healing.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by oluigbo3(m): 9:09am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Funny sh*t......cheesy.

So you spend waste four years in uni just
to become a truck driver cry .

So you haven't seen graduates with no single means of income? So far as he can feed himself, help others and provide for home, he is good to go.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by johndho(m): 9:10am On May 02, 2022
I left at age 28 years ooo and I was doing good for myself then. I rented one room and parlor self contained. Abeg no rush ooo if you never ready ooo. Your family need you pass other people ooo. Just get plans and vision, no give yourself any other pressure.

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kuse2(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2022
Left at 22 after my NYSC.. Off to Lagos with the hope of getting a job.

To God be the Glory today.. I am not where I used to be
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by SKINDOGGY: 9:16am On May 02, 2022
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by braine(m): 9:18am On May 02, 2022
Please stay as long as you can there. The street is not smiling. Bill are not easy these days. Stay there, support them and save.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by a2d3rew(m): 9:19am On May 02, 2022
19 years ,

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by digitite: 9:20am On May 02, 2022
At 19 years. Although I usually show up after some years.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Olam09(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
cry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Maxxim: 9:20am On May 02, 2022
Loveisnotenough:
I left at 16....My mum disowned me for 2 years, I slept in uncompleted building, I realized that I have made a mistake, the price for independence is very huge...I almost went back home but Now I'm the CEO of a booming company. Thank you Ya Allah.
You're sighted Motivational speaker grin

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DonroxyII: 9:21am On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Left Home @17yo when I gained admission and Was Never Back Home Again:

Street Teaches Best than Home but Home gives the Decorum so Street won't Carry you away unto No-man's-land grin

Street Will Knock You down and you will rise or go deep down: At the end of the Day, All Ajebo must enter Street because you won't live in Mummy's bossom forever:

If you Conquer the Street and rise ... There is Nothing better than being Groomed by the Street because Your Maturities will be above every member of your families except those who share similar experiences with You.

Street also get levels White Side is better than Dark Red light Street aka Underworld is very Dangerous and Wicked

Without Maturity, Street will Swallow You:

You need God to Conquer the Street but if you use Jazz be ready to Payback x10 of Whatever potents you are given: Dem no go tell you until time to collect cool

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How & Why do siblings fall apart? / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos) / Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.