Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24004 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by 18wheeler: 9:55am On May 02, 2022
Left parents home at 26yrs when I got my first job. But I was really independent of them since 23 when I went to serve. Only connect was the BQ I stayed in the house free. No pressure to leave at all.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 02, 2022
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.
How did you learn to drive truck/ fork lift + crane. Cause I'm an under grad and I want to learn too so I can japa with the skill. Your reply would be well appreciated.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck
driver tongue.

The land you bought and the house you build was
from all the thieves and cutting you guys made,
So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
lol. Calm down bro. Stop looking down on people's hustle! Op isnt a thief, a pastor or a politician. Respect people even on faceless forums.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DaNnyBigDreams: 10:04am On May 02, 2022
True �

driver tongue.

So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .[/quote]

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by chigoizie7(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2022
kkins25:
Im juat surprised yo see people living parents house at 17. I'm evening asking myself where i went wrong.

The malafvckers are using admission to claim they japa?? LOL. while still receiving monthly stipends? Lol.

Im 26 and my younger ones have even japa leave me for house... Planning to japa this year..as dem don dey turn me houseboy!

Shout out to all women who are hustling and taking care of their homes mehn..So this is what market women go through. No wonder they age veey fast. I work from home and can't even concentrate at times..Mehn!! does women dey try!

These people think leaving your parents house to go suffer is a flex? Yes, to go look for a better thing to do for yourself. But if you have a good job while still living with your parents and still pay some bills, I don’t think anything is wrong with it.

No one should take pride in suffering when you know that you can have it easy. We only live once. No go de form nonsense ontop suffer-head. I lived in my parents house until I was 28, my leaving the house was even because I left naija. Even while I was working with access bank I still lived with them and they were happy because I could save more. Even though I foot most of the bills, each time I visit naija na still there house I de stay. They own the house in a town, why must have be paying someone else rent in the same town when I have somewhere to stay for free?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 02, 2022
I left at 29, got married at 30. I had no reason to leave earlier.

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by flexyrule(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided
You want to leave your parents house at 19.
Thank God you're in Abuja.

Na for Human Right Radio we go table your matter.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by West2019(m): 10:23am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided
inbox me
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Chiden(f): 10:25am On May 02, 2022
I would want to leave mine cry

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by West2019(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2022
Islandlady:
Well to be frank at 23years old I left their house, their rules and their turf for them to be independent on my own till now
Are you in Lagos
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by West2019(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2022
siofra:
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?
Inbox me
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by flexyrule(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2022
kingemaker:
This thread is an indicator of the level of crime rate in the country today. Root cause isn't disconnected from dysfunctional homes. God help this country.
Seriously.

Hoodlums and criminals boasting about leaving their parents houses!

With this terrible economy, even as a graduate earning over 300k, it is still difficult meeting ends. Talkless of 17 to 21 years Olds who have nothing to offer the society.

It's either they are into Internet fraud or rituals.

And no one should quote me and say rubbish.

Tell us how you're able to survive outside your parents care, don't just boast about it.

NAPTIP and other security agencies should monitor this thread. I see alot of human traffickers and human organ dealers take advantage of irresponsible kiddos here.

You want to leave your parents house at 18,because you don't want to bend to simple wash plate, sweep, fetch water and return home before 6pm rules.

Funny stuffs I read on the internet these days.

11 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Brownshoe: 10:35am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
so that you can start that business abi, continue.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by olatuneji: 10:36am On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:

Not really. But I started with it. Graphics design really shaped my designing path. Today, I am a digital experience designer. Anything product and consumers. What people call UI/UX or product designer. But I don't tag myself that. Because I am some levels ahead of them. Haha grin.

Alright thanks but if I can ask, is it possible to make money freelancing with graphics design, people keep talking about how saturated it is. Do you think one can make money with graphics design on either fiverr or upwork
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by nuroegbu(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:
I stay in a 2bedroom, we could share if it's fine.. I'm in Abuja

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by livebullet(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2022
siofra:
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?

Madam no let that your bf dey deceive you. Where you wan leave to?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by biden0987: 10:43am On May 02, 2022
Good morning fam and happy eld el fitri to our Muslim brothers and sisters. I'm in urgent need of a room apartment. I want to leave my current apartment for the following reasons: 1) electricity supply here in terrible (at times once in a month) 2) I need to improve my program skill because I want to transition to IT and I need electricity to power my system.

Anyone that has an apartment lease for the next three months should kindly indicate. I'm also open to shared apartment
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Danjikanbauchi: 10:46am On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

driver tongue.

So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
you have a point, no Dangote truck driver will say he collect 200k a month, how much will you spend and how much will you save, the hat of your family and children they will also be expecting from you, so most of them steal from their job.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Brownshoe: 10:46am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
- If you think it's easy driving on the highway 24/7 (especially at midnight).... then i suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to know the roads and routines leading to just 22 states in Nigeria... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to sleep on the highway almost everyday (especially in a bushy area) even on public holidays... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's so easy to drive a truck.... Then I suggest you give it a try.

I can't even list them all, But Let me burst your bubbles... I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW.

I'm so certain that if you try just one trip... you're gonna quit instantly. So stop looking down on people's hustle regardless of their educational qualifications.
bro you too get time for kids.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Emmypure: 10:47am On May 02, 2022
BoredBerry:

I am a guy if you don't mind I can allow you stay in my place
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kingemaker(m): 10:52am On May 02, 2022
flexyrule:
Seriously.

Hoodlums and criminals boasting about leaving their parents houses!

With this terrible economy, even as a graduate earning over 300k, it is still difficult meeting ends. Talkless of 17 to 21 years Olds who have nothing to offer the society.

It's either they are into Internet fraud or rituals.

And no one should quote me and say rubbish.

Tell us how you're able to survive outside your parents care, don't just boast about it.

NAPTIP and other security agencies should monitor this thread. I see alot of human traffickers and human organ dealers take advantage of irresponsible kiddos here.

You want to leave your parents house at 18,because you don't want to bend to simple wash plate, sweep, fetch water and return home before 6pm rules.

Funny stuffs I read on the internet these days.

I can't agree more.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Knows12(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2022
My mom died when I was 16... Staying alone since then.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Brownshoe: 10:58am On May 02, 2022
You girls of 18, 19, here saying you looking for somewhere to stay, moving out of the care of your parent, better be careful, the world is not like before, hmm you better stay put.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by gladdensir(m): 11:02am On May 02, 2022
So is the same for me too just that my father could be real annoying. I'm 21 and I'm fending for myself after my ND program and I don't give a Bleep about any fucking person saying shits about me.i eat through my handwork. But sometimes everything seems depressive but with God's willing I'm steering through this trying times.
obamartins:
I was 18 years old. My step mum made my father's house too toxic. When i left for the University. I never returned back home till date and i never regreted it. It made me the man i am today.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ifyjos(f): 11:04am On May 02, 2022
Almost 21
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by seansifo(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2022
biden0987:
Good morning fam and happy eld el fitri to our Muslim brothers and sisters. I'm in urgent need of a room apartment. I want to leave my current apartment for the following reasons: 1) electricity supply here in terrible (at times once in a month) 2) I need to improve my program skill because I want to transition to IT and I need electricity to power my system.

Anyone that has an apartment lease for the next three months should kindly indicate. I'm also open to shared apartment

Which area are you looking at?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Udemzy05: 11:07am On May 02, 2022
Can you take care of yourself?
Can you pay NEPA bills,water,lawma,rent and also feed yourself comfortably?

Are you working and how much are you earning?

I've seen guys who gathered money to rent an apartment and furnish it but after the next rent payment,they find it difficult to pay,some after two years they are already running away from landlord.

These are guys with no much responsibilities ooo.

So ask yourself these questions,if you can answer them with your full chest, then go ahead.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DEBUU: 11:09am On May 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

These people think leaving your parents house to go suffer is a flex? Yes, to go look for a better thing to do for yourself. But if you have a good job while still living with your parents and still pay some bills, I don’t think anything is wrong with it.

No one should take pride in suffering when you know that you can have it easy. We only live once. No go de form nonsense ontop suffer-head. I lived in my parents house until I was 28, my leaving the house was even because I left naija. Even while I was working with access bank I still lived with them and they were happy because I could save more. Even though I foot most of the bills, each time I visit naija na still there house I de stay. They own the house in a town, why must have be paying someone else rent in the same town when I have somewhere to stay for free?
My brother that's a good one.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rubbiish(m): 11:10am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
I can't even lecture you on how I make my money legally despite being a truck driver because you have a very shallow mind.

I'm sure you're still under your dad's roof... Saying mummy "thank you ma" after eating.

Besides I will be 30 yrs old by September, I'm living comfortably, I don't beg for food or money from anyone, I'm paying my bills, I'm not in competition with anyone and my future is bright.
Why are u wasting your time on a kid?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Slynation(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.
A whole lot of people are looking down on driving, but what they don't know is truly bigger than them...!! Perhaps it will shock them to realized some truck drivers earn about 400K per trip, and you can cover two trip per week,

The only issue now is that gas is on a very high side and it's taking large chuck of the money, agbero's and police also has share in it...

I was looking down on P.O.S business until a friend of mine laughed and explain the gains and incentives in it...Omo!! some are making a profit of 120k/per month in a good locality and it's just a side hustle...!!

Life is all about planning, rational decisions and patience...!!

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DEBUU: 11:15am On May 02, 2022
I just left last year , hopefully I will be getting married next year. You think leaving your parents house is a just moi moi stuff. Most of them left just to cruise , flex with girls and keep on depositing their mmiri nwa in some girls that are destiny killers. After one year, body go tell you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / 10 Marital "Nevers" / Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.