Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24003 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Elsueno: 12:24pm On May 02, 2022
undecided

To leave & go where?

I am not married or anything, why da hell would I add financial burden on my self when I got where to stay, food to eat & no bills to pay?

In fact even if I get married, I would make sure my house is very very close to my parents...grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Fiscus105(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

You're an idiot a big one for that matter.

You that left your parents at 40 what have you archive so far undecided.

Ruminant Animal !.

You must end up in jail if not in grave soonest. Your parents failed woefully, that was why they push you out to fend for urself as a teenager.

The blood of those you are using for rituals to bring in blood money you are using for ur useless big boy will soon lead you to ur destruction.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 02, 2022
I left at 18 and back at 25 till now,I still dey there.Life no balance.
Besides,some of you who left at 19.Are you doing well now?Or you are squatting and living from hand to mouth?Remember say minimum wage na #30k.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:28pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
- If you think it's easy driving on the highway 24/7 (especially at midnight).... then i suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to know the roads and routines leading to just 22 states in Nigeria... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's easy to sleep on the highway almost everyday (especially in a bushy area) even on public holidays... Then I suggest you should give it a try.

- if you think it's so easy to drive a truck.... Then I suggest you give it a try.

I can't even list them all, But Let me burst your bubbles... I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW.

I'm so certain that if you try just one trip... you're gonna quit instantly. So stop looking down on people's hustle regardless of their educational qualifications.

Mr Dan I think you're not getting me correctly, am not looking down on your hustle neither am I underestimating it .
But finishing four years in UNI just to become a truck driver is a big no no for me.
calculate your Salary for that wasted four years and you will
know what am talking about.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 02, 2022
Loveisnotenough:
I left at 16....My mum disowned me for 2 years, I slept in uncompleted building, I realized that I have made a mistake, the price for independence is very huge...I almost went back home but Now I'm the CEO of a booming company. Thank you Ya Allah.
All this una Nollywood movie.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:30pm On May 02, 2022
Fiscus105:

You must end up in jail if not in grave soonest. Your parents failed woefully, that was why they push you out to fend for urself as a teenager.

The blood of those you are using for rituals to bring in blood money you are using for ur useless big boy will soon lead you to ur destruction.

Amen my brother cool .

That your mother menses blood am using will one day cry out undecided .
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DevPete: 12:31pm On May 02, 2022
I left at 23 years, home was not really home. I put myself through the university, and then my my final year my step dad became too jealous �. He and my mum will keep arguing about me and I felt very unwelcomed, I felt like the cancer in the home, I zoomed off in my final year after all, I have been sorting myself out and sorting them too right from secondary school �.

NB: I didn't live with them all through my life, I joined them at 10, left at 12, rejoined at 15. I don hustle �, i started saving for my university right from SS2.

This life no balance.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 12:32pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Mr Dan I think you're not getting me correctly, am not looking down on your hustle neither am I underestimating it .
But finishing four years in UNI just to become a truck driver is a big no no for me.
Elon Musk I have heard you. Can you pls rest.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

When you left your parent home were you working and earning good salary?Or were you doing a good business that fetch you good money?If you go to oshodi you will see many underage children and adults sleeping under the bridge.Is that what you mean by leaving your parents home?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 02, 2022
Uhmm, I left @17 to stay with my pastor, spent over a year there before getting admission into the university @18. I left for school @19... Sadly @20 ASUU went on strike and i was stuck at home, used that period to learn some digital skills which has been feeding me for 2 years now... But it was only this year that it entered my mind to leave home and become independent.

Saving up for that, because the disrespect at home has become too much cry
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:36pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Elon Musk I have heard you. Can you pls rest.

Have heard you druck driver,

I was thinking of venturing into haulage business
got any idea about that the business.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DevPete: 12:36pm On May 02, 2022
flexyrule:
Seriously.

Hoodlums and criminals boasting about leaving their parents houses!

With this terrible economy, even as a graduate earning over 300k, it is still difficult meeting ends. Talkless of 17 to 21 years Olds who have nothing to offer the society.

It's either they are into Internet fraud or rituals.

And no one should quote me and say rubbish.

Tell us how you're able to survive outside your parents care, don't just boast about it.

NAPTIP and other security agencies should monitor this thread. I see alot of human traffickers and human organ dealers take advantage of irresponsible kiddos here.

You want to leave your parents house at 18,because you don't want to bend to simple wash plate, sweep, fetch water and return home before 6pm rules.

Funny stuffs I read on the internet these days.

Bullshit!! I'm a web developer, how is that fraud or ritualism!?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:37pm On May 02, 2022
Exkandayee:
I left@21 after I droped out in final year ,then I japa...
Sorry man... This must have hurt like mad
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 02, 2022
Bouncing2:
15 ,,,,
Been away at academy and school,,never returned since then,, just occasional 3-4 days holidays (dec,easter etc).
A student shouldn't be part of this topic because you are not working.Definitely,one or two persons are assistant you with cash.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:37pm On May 02, 2022
Light78:

One begins to lose a battle when he starts insulting the other.
K
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.
Na #100k salary as a truck driver you take buy land?Dont deceive us.Dangote doesn't pay well.You no go feed,buy clothes,pay utilities,and rent?I no add girlfriend or wife O.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Explicits(m): 12:41pm On May 02, 2022
At the age of 15 years cry
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 12:44pm On May 02, 2022
DevPete:

Bullshit!! I'm a web developer, how is that fraud or ritualism!?

People like him believe in hard labour.
anything that requires you to sit at the comfort
of your home and make money while there are under the hot sun running and sweating just to earn 1/10 of your income automatically becomes fraud and ritualism.

Reason you see them at the age of 70 selling toothpick and tissue paper just to afford a one square meal a day.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Elsueno: 12:48pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Bros, forget woh ..Those guys make lots of money, if u see d amount they get paid on every single trip ehn...dat doesn't include thier own side hustle of carrying stuff, from state to state...Also having a dangote trucks makes it even more awesome as security forces hardly haras u for roger

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Fumiosasaki1:
How did you learn to drive truck/ fork lift + crane. Cause I'm an under grad and I want to learn too so I can japa with the skill. Your reply would be well appreciated.

We get the same dream bro
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by IamPlato(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

He is better than some unemployed graduate
does not actually means it is better.
be like say you be stupid idiot abi

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
kingsolomonjnr01:

We get the same dream bro
Tor e remain make the brother come help us out with clue. smiley smiley
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 02, 2022
You guys are making it seems all is well in Nigeria.Are you Guyz not affected by this Buhari hardships?
You left your parent home at 19.Where you get money to pay rent and other stuffs with less than #30k minimum wage?A 19yrs old man should be in the university.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Daniel7543: 12:58pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

Have heard you druck driver,
I was thinking of venturing into haulage business
got any idea about that the business.
And you think I would assist someone like you with a perfect business plan about haulage business?

Like I said, I can't lecture you on how to make profits as a truck driver because you're not mature enough know.

BTW, I'm currently at Ogun state and I have a trip to commence by 3pm (to Auchi, Edo state)

Have a good holiday. Bye!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by crown08(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by idmicheal20: 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
I'm 22yeare. I will be leaving to portharcourt very soon due to the transfer I received from the current company I'm working for. Seriously, I'm scared.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.
You don't need to reply this slowpoke..if he only knows how much truck driver are earning. Most bank workers don't earn quarter of it. Which I can learn to drive this druvk of a thing

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DevPete: 1:09pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

People like him believe in hard labour.
anything that requires you to sit at the comfort
of your home and make money while there are under the hot sun running and sweating just to earn 1/10 of your income automatically becomes fraud and ritualism.

Reason you see them at the age of 70 selling toothpick and tissue paper just to afford a one square meal a day.

Let him continue then, dignity in suffering.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by siofra(f): 1:10pm On May 02, 2022
Uniquetani1:

Omo, I don't know why parents don't want their daughters to leave but always encourage their son to go out.

Very true!!
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by achimendy(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:

I left my parents house at age twenty six and the reason is because i need privacy. Now I've been living on my own now for 3 years and am happy.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by potonicomf(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
I can't even lecture you on how I make my money legally despite being a truck driver because you have a very shallow mind.

I'm sure you're still under your dad's roof... Saying mummy "thank you ma" after eating.

Besides I will be 30 yrs old by September, I'm living comfortably, I don't beg for food or money from anyone, I'm paying my bills, I'm not in competition with anyone and my future is bright.

Chairman find me work there na abeg...I m a graduate too pls
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2022
I left house immediately after NCE age 22 got a job in the next city as a service staff in a loan company and from there the rest they say is history GB2G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / 10 Marital "Nevers" / Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.