Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24016 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by dettolgel: 1:20pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

My legit hustle, are we getting the foodstuffs for
free ?, do you know what we too face on daily basis to get money that will enable us purchase their goods ?.

what is my business if there have accident on the road and die undecided .

We have to appreciate that everyone has an important rule to play in making our lives easier.

Imagine you going out to hustle for your money. By the end of the day when you get home and you turn on the shower to wash and water comes out (because the guy responsible did his job) you take a nice bath.

Then open your fridge to grab a drink (there is a cold drink because the truck driver that deliver drink from the brewery to resellers did their job. It was cold because the electricity company guy did their job) and set in front of your TV and have a relaxed evening.

After a while you realise that you really feel like having pasta and sardines so you went out to grab one from the store (yes it was your money but then you are chilled because the truck guys that usually deliver this goods from far away place were able to do their job) and then you went home. Made yourself a nice meal and enjoyed it peace.

After a while you slept off and your phone rang around 11 am. You home asked you to block them at the city center for some cold bear and to catch up with after a long week.

You look at the time it was almost mid night but you cleaned, dressed up ready to leave and realised that the time was some minutes pass 12 am.

But then you are not worried but the street is safe you can actually walked around anytime you want without fear of harassment (because the police are doing their jobs diligently. The govt are also doing theirs by not only providing jobs but also providing opportunities for those that wants to run their own business to do so successfully. Hence the very low crime rate).

Yes you hustle your money but it takes others to do their job diligently for you to enjoy the sweet of your hustle.

Yes our stores will be empty if not for the truck drivers that work hard day and night.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by emmydrey(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2022
17 here, was done with secondary school and wanted independence. My parents who are Nigerians, but act like the western didn't obstruct the idea, but supported.
I left and stay with. Family friend for a year, worked as computer operator in a private school, rented my own apartment year after from my savings. Now we here still grinding on. If things go hard, whenever i call they support am 23 now and i must confess am living pool for side. I think every Nigerian parents should be like mine. They act like my besties and siblings. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by akinneo: 1:34pm On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

I left home when I was 20 @2015 against my dad will, he said he will disown me because he knew I'd be wayward if I stay alone ...omo my life go sideways well I had to go back home @2019 spent 2 months at home receiving prayers and blessings from my dad on the 3rd month like this my life change then I was able and capable to live the life I want but no regret sha everything na lessons ....my advice is bro if your parent is against it chill small when the time reach nobody go tell them

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rubbiish(m): 1:39pm On May 02, 2022
kolawoleahmed:
At 34 ( Married with 2 boys ) still at my parent house although I built the house and about to finish my own too

Thanks
God bless u!
Your kids will also do for u!

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Blunttruth: 1:43pm On May 02, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Na man you be,you try. Hands up in the air for u comrade.
Are you being sarcastic? If you are not thank you. Most people don't take it to be manly. The Mrs convinced me to stay let's save

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Adejumo7: 1:44pm On May 02, 2022
nuroegbu:
I stay in a 2bedroom, we could share if it's fine.. I'm in Abuja

Send me your WhatsApp number
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rubbiish(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2022
Ajiswaggs:
I'm 27years still living under my parents, but soon I move to my personal house which is about to be completed very soon. I don't let anyone pressure me. I can afford to live alone if I want to, but I feel I won't be serious with life and investments. So I'm planning everything accordingly.
Nice one @bold
If staying in one's parents house will aid one to plan better, I see no need rushing to rent outside!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Rubbiish(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2022
Light78:
98% of the comment here are lies.

Three guys are finding it hard to pay this year's rent. They left their parent's home as small money entered their hands. They thought the money would keep coming.

They are broke and running around for his rent.

Leaving your parents' homes is not an achievement.

Get a good job.

Learn how to take responsibility and you are good to go.

You left at 19 but can't boast of 10 million in your account, another left at 35 can boast of 30 million. What's now the gain in leaving early?

I think most people here are following the multitudes.
God bless u for the bold!
If staying in your parents house will aid u to plan better, I see no reason rushing to leave! They are your parents for Christ sake!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Princessogaraya(f): 2:05pm On May 02, 2022
19yrs
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by elinaxy(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2022
Wow! Thank God for u
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

But try am now, you go see shege. I am talking from experience. Real shege if you just leave your parents house without some good cash or a skill that's fetching you money.

"I left home to feed home, don de call home make them abeg send am garri".

I became independent immediately after my university. My mum called tiredlessly that I should at least spend a year with them before japaying to the wider world. I said no!

I graduated with roughly about 500k in my account. So I thought I was the man. I moved, rented an apartment of about 250k furnished it and when I checked my account balance, hot tears nearly devoured me. Wetin ah pass through for hunger hand no be here. Fine crib but no money to feed.

I didn't give up sha. I was solid like a rock. After a year, i couldn't renew my rent, landlord served me quit notice. Haha.

Also, even though I was talented/skillful at that time, navigating through the murky waters of independency wasn't easy. As I was lazy and procrastinated a lot.

After I was relegated to a crib were mosquitoes, insects of different species and other ruminant animals were co-tenants na that time my eyes open and clear.

All these happened between a year and 6ix months. All that is history now. God, hardwork and Grace saw me through. I can comfortably afford any lifestyle I want right now.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by space9880: 2:10pm On May 02, 2022
GeneralKoko:
I am contemplating leaving but I really want to know. What age did you leave your parents house and why??

I left home @21, immediately after graduating from the uni.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by squash47(m): 2:17pm On May 02, 2022
otunbateejay:
... Guy after 17schools or 17weac ??
both
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DonroxyII: 2:20pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
Lol.. You're just a kid. You know nothing dear.

Well, for your information, I bought a land and I'm also building my house on it with this same hustle. There are some jobs you don't look down on dear.

For your information MSc and Phd holders are drivers in Dangote's company.
See how you talk "drivers" as if it's a useless Job: But when Opportunities comes tomorrow for same Driver to become Someone Higher with Qualifications Do you think He won't just go home to pick his Certificates ?

To run enter house pick certificate is faster than to run enter school go knack certificate upon Presenting Opportunities:

Certificate only shows Your Brain has been equipped with a particular Knowledge Domain now How You now Market/Proof those Knowledges to Clients is Your Business !
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by snoopz: 2:22pm On May 02, 2022
23, and after service.
Once you finish school and you're in your ppa start looking for work to do , if you no get work, once that 66k final salary enter from nysc , na dat time you go know say Nigeria no be your mate

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by snoopz: 2:24pm On May 02, 2022
squash47:

You talk a lot of nonsense.
After secondary school, shouldn't the next stage be higher institution ?
Do you live with your parents in school hostel ?
Geometric Progression. Una go dey speak anyhow English.

Not this kind of leaving, the op meant leaving for good/greener pasture
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 02, 2022
cherryCola:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck driver tongue.
The land you bought and the house you build was from all the thieves and cutting you guys made, So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
no joy sam sam
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Mekusnene666999: 3:08pm On May 02, 2022
Me at 35
Reason is because I am too depending on my parents

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by winterwind(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2022
All these agitated and desperate kids shouting at age 15,16 20 etc. You realize you're still kids right? It seem there is a pride attached to leaving your father's house early I don't know of, I'm 27, I will build my house completely then leave mid 30's. If you not get plan and you self dey do follow follow you go suffer ehn...

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 02, 2022
Left home at 17 after waec to go and serve oga (nwa boy). 4 ur info i never serve finish make u no tink ah don become boss... When u pray (good prayer) remember my name, wetin we day face no be 4 here. 4 upto 6yrz now ah neva use my korokoro eye see any of my family

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 02, 2022
Blunttruth:

Are you being sarcastic? If you are not thank you. Most people don't take it to be manly. The Mrs convinced me to stay let's save
Am not being sarcastic. And i would say u married a very rare gem. For her to undstnd dat u needed to save nd didn't really bother u abt leaving 2 soon shows her level of understanding and maturity. Gracias

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by kkins25(m): 3:34pm On May 02, 2022
chigoizie7:

These people think leaving your parents house to go suffer is a flex? Yes, to go look for a better thing to do for yourself. But if you have a good job while still living with your parents and still pay some bills, I don’t think anything is wrong with it.

No one should take pride in suffering when you know that you can have it easy. We only live once. No go de form nonsense ontop suffer-head. I lived in my parents house until I was 28, my leaving the house was even because I left naija. Even while I was working with access bank I still lived with them and they were happy because I could save more. Even though I foot most of the bills, each time I visit naija na still there house I de stay. They own the house in a town, why must have be paying someone else rent in the same town when I have somewhere to stay for free?
True talk bro!! I also stay to save myself unnecessary fees.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Ok12345(f): 3:49pm On May 02, 2022
Me

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Lopeck: 4:11pm On May 02, 2022
Daniel7543:
@23 I was already staying on my own.

After my nysc, I was retained in the school I was posted to, so I remained in the state. But now I'm a dangote truck driver.
in case you need a motorboy pls let me know 08109719928
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Elidrisy20: 4:40pm On May 02, 2022
Abe 45years but I still dey my popsi house

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by hotplate: 4:56pm On May 02, 2022
i dont know if i should also add my own to it, i lost my mum in 2015 when i was 20 and since then we have been living alone, my dad has a house but i choose to leave after my mum death because i wanted to ve alone. but recently my girlfriend wants me tovmove out and go rent an apartment according to her that's how she feels Independent even though when i take care of the maintainance and every other thing that needs to be done in the house.

what do you guys think?

my plan was if am moving out of here it would be that i have already completed my own house and i would be moving directly into my house not renting a houde in this same town when i have one where i stay alone without anyform of interference
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by flexyrule(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2022
DevPete:

Bullshit!! I'm a web developer, how is that fraud or ritualism!?
Boy. Don't quote me and say nonsense.

You are a product of a dysfunctional home.

You left home because circumstances were not fair to you.

Good for you that you learnt a skill and you're trying to find your feet. If you would be honest with yourself, you will agree with me that no 17 to 20 year old without any skill or experience will survive this deadly economy.

Don't come and here and sound as if you left heaven to go and survive the streets of Lagos looking for free WiFi and solar energy.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Streetpriest1: 5:46pm On May 02, 2022
Was 17 when I left home. Really suffered those days cause of feeding and accommodation. But today I can afford any lifestyle I want

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by EmeraldHash(m): 5:50pm On May 02, 2022
Ocholu:

I'm a software and digital experience designer. With many digital side hustles bringing in the bag.
Bro please will you mentor me, I want to learn software development but don't know where to start from

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Hallabee1(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2022
Aje....

Along story, i left when my mum caught me smoking ARIZONA... i felt ashamed, so i left but thank God for today
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Georgry(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2022
This post makes me emotional.

I left home at 16, came to a completely different state, I suffer een, God! I remember a day I only had 30 naira with me in the night o, tomorrow food no dey, if I spend this 30 naira this night wetin I go chop tomorrow?

I did series of jobs even as a 16 year old boy, from block industries to building site, to learning how to barb hair, all these while I was suffering but I will always tell my mom I’m fine whenever she calls, I always had that survival spirit..

Thank God for life, I’m still a work in progress but God has been so faithful.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Okobola146: 6:42pm On May 02, 2022
Our village people no gree me leave until I was 36
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Johnheir2(m): 6:56pm On May 02, 2022
Let me be real with you OP; leaving your parents house then was easy. I am talking about right up to Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. When things were a bit soft and chilling.

Is there any way you can be of help?
Have been facing a lot of difficulties feeding few weeks ago.
Pls help a brother out

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? / Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) / A Man Shares His Encounter With A Hungry Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.