Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,559 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids (38942 Views)

As An Upcoming Billionaire This Is The Kind Of Woman I Want / 24-Year-Old Man & His 61-Year-Old Wife Plan Having Kids Through Surrogacy (Pics) / The Woman I Have Done Introductions For Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Enumerator(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2022
You have no problem, ditch the mental health shit, leta get along as i am of your views nd perspective as well
Poswahala:
Guys I genuinely need some advice
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

I do love being in relationships but I do that only for companionship and sex.

I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.

I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.

But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.

Please advise.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by KIDfurniture(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2022
Correct idea… it’s the best.. plz go ahead and enjoy life

Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.

I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.

But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.

Please advise.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by zcee: 10:33am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
at least try adopt or give birth to one..
marriage is not a must..
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by dettolgel: 10:33am On May 17, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

This decision is self destructive.

Having a child you are not mentally prepared for is more destructive both to the child and mother as well as to the community.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by sylve11: 10:34am On May 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
There's a lot of Nigerian men who don't want children. They are called anti natalist. You just havent met them yet but they exist.

Interesting. cool
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by logiccal: 10:34am On May 17, 2022
Do you have any reason of why you are not having kids of your own?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Ubanz: 10:34am On May 17, 2022
All what you need is a man who has sensitivity,a man that understands ur feeling,a man that doesn't want kids from you.
When you have such man around you,am sure you will retrace your locus.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 10:35am On May 17, 2022
suffering:
Attention seeking. Come back at age 39 then declare it. OP is surely under 19 years of age.
most of you lots comment like retards,what as her age got to do with this?i had a friend in secondary that always said he doesn’t want to get married in the future,the last time we had a reunion,I saw same guy,now in his 40’s ,well to do and still single!!!he replayed same talk and now even said he as finally concluded!!!

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by meeketta: 10:37am On May 17, 2022
amnesty7:
Do what will please you.
Sometimes what please others may in turn hurt them at the end.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by kingyakos: 10:37am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

I can get you pregnant for free if u care, but for marriage i can never marry any woman who come online to seek for advice.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by deltateam: 10:37am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Do you often have "vawulence spells"? Like stabbing the man beside you in bed?

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Boc007(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2022
Don't do what will make the 50 year old you regret ever remembering the decision you made in your current age
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Juanmike(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2022
grin
DontBullshitMe:
Is there any quality retirement homes in Nigeria?

Plan am well oh!
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by stamapro(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2022
Your issue is not first and foremost a mental issue, you kind of need a fundamental shift in your orientation, which will handle your perspective about life, marriage and children
It has more to do with your belief system.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Ihatelazygirls: 10:39am On May 17, 2022
About not wanting to give birth
I totally disagree because when you give birth, seeing the child will alleviate you of your depression
The child will always put butterflies in your Tommy anytime you see him/her
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by jaxxy(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Mental health is important and a priority. I will like to yo take is seriously and take care of urself. I also think u need to address it properly to be happy with urself only then can other people and things add to that happiness u have created in u by urself.

U have to be happy 1st with urself bt getting married or having kids. Don't go looking for happiness by getting married or having kids. Those things only add more to the happiness u have inside of u.

I also think Faith and belief in God helps get over depression when applied correctly in our lives.

in conclusion if u always wanted kids I don't think u will be happy know u intentionally avoided having one. Kids are blessings and bring joy when we do it correctly.

Cheers
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by uzino(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2022
my own na can we be fucking ?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kingjay5(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2022
I have the same feeling with you at this stage, though I am a guy.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 10:40am On May 17, 2022
Carcholce:
Why not start from a mental home first. Take care of the problem.

A lot of Nigerian women have mental problem but they call it “mood swings”

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You people just like violence sha.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Hanz1: 10:40am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
You have a mental issue. What is it and do you mind sharing it?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by brandnprinting: 10:40am On May 17, 2022
Have your own child.

Blood is thicker than water, even if the mental inbalance would not allowed you to take care of your child, the child will still love you.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Bamzyriches451: 10:41am On May 17, 2022
Damn!
Whatever pleases you we no get wahala
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Traplord09: 10:41am On May 17, 2022
Some are blessed y some are not at alll

You want to carry other man child...
Am not in support.... If you like do if you don't like don't undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I can't marry a woman who is at other man child lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

All lady have a brain tumor
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by emmykk(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Things that mainly make people depressed is lack of money but you mentioned you like to travel and buy a house which means you are rich.

For the marriage and children stuff you can adopt early and start early don't want until you are old

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by rainlover(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2022
Newton2024:
You have not met the man God designed for you. The man that is strong where you are weak. The man that is not like you but is compatible with you. That's why you are scared for no tangible reason.

Let no one deceive you, marriage is the sweetest thing in life. Joy of motherhood is unquantifiable. Before it is late for you, seek the face of God in marriage.

Are you married??
If yes, how long have you been married grin

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Zooposki(f): 10:41am On May 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by SenecaTheYonger: 10:42am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Rose?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by saintkel(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please am not suffering from mood swings..this is something that is affecting my life and not some mood swings
u will regret dis at old age....go take care of ur mental health...u need a man n ur kids.....when u grow old n see other couples as old as ursef bin cared for n loved by dia kids....another mental challenge will set in....go out dia now n get help....get a man...mget children too....thanks
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 10:44am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

My dear.. we all have this thinking majority of us at least. Especially we guys.. dont mind the people abusing you here. They are all hypocrites. Most of us never marry. For this fear of raising kids. But it depends on your age. Young Lads seems to think this way, but when you start getting older you may see the need of having a child. But I believe if you meet the right partner that will sweep you off your feet ,you will fall in love and definately you will want to have kids. Having kids is beautiful. Though am not yet married. But I know it's beautiful. You may not born much but just have two . And train them well. And please if you will need to go ahead with your decision, please don't stay in Nigeria. Because the reaction of people here can lead you to depression. Just go to a western country. And settle there. You can reach me on Josephgrindberg@gmail.com if you have any more questions. God bless you.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 10:44am On May 17, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Seek help for your health first.

Single or married, you're in line if you're happy.

Only that you'd need people around when you're old, weak and frayed.
And by then, your immediate family — brothers, sisters et al might just be busy with their own families.

So, whatever you decide, have those times at the back of your mind.

Lol, and it's children that won't be busy? If you're no longer living with your parents, how long have you stayed with them when you visited? That's if you've ever visited, because I know so many people that haven't seen their parents for more than 5 years because of economic issues.

Nigerians should start building retirement homes because what people need is companionship not children checking up on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Hanz1: 10:44am On May 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
There's a lot of Nigerian men who don't want children. They are called anti natalist. You just havent met them yet but they exist.
I'm one but I only decided to dedicate my life to science rather than mum and dad things
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Deblow: 10:44am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Methinks you need to attend to your health foremost and after, you can rethink and reconsider your stand. Don't know if your condition is also drug and substance related, but even if it is, seek medical help first and then, do a reappraisal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

It's Not Easy Picking One Woman To Settle With. / A Broke Guy Is Disturbing My Sister's Happiness / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.