Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids (38945 Views)

As An Upcoming Billionaire This Is The Kind Of Woman I Want / 24-Year-Old Man & His 61-Year-Old Wife Plan Having Kids Through Surrogacy (Pics) / The Woman I Have Done Introductions For Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by cassyrooy(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Guys I genuinely need some advice
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

I do love being in relationships but I do that only for companionship and sex.

I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.

I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.

But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.

Please advise.
If I'm your brother or father, I'll freely give you my blessings.

An unstable person shouldn't assume such responsibilities as tasking as birthing and caring for a child or children.

Please, focus on healing yourself, and start harnessing your maternal prowess, in case you want to adopt, it'd be easier.

Good luck.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by usah4(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
U sounds like you're rice why not adopt at least 3 children now and find nanny that will help you in taking care of them.

A Nanny that will help her beans the kids right.

Read twice whatever you type before posting please.
All this people looking for First Comment
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by CorperKola: 12:21pm On May 17, 2022
My own is If you decide to get married, let your husband be aware of your mental health issues . Dont go and ruin another persons life cos of your issues
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Newton2024: 12:27pm On May 17, 2022
judedwriter:

Yes married life is the sweetest. But if you missed your God ordained life partner, I think it's better to be single than to marry the wrong person.

However, no matter who you marry, with patience and tolerance it can succeed. But many people lack patience, tolerance and forgiveness, hence the high divorce rate.
You have said it all.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by samdede(m): 12:27pm On May 17, 2022
Seek help for your mental health first.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by CrazeMan69(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2022
Na dj cuppy fake account dey ask this question abi?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Onliie(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please am not suffering from mood swings..this is something that is affecting my life and not some mood swings
You have been successfully brainwashed and bewitched.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Charx122: 12:30pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.

I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.

But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.

Please advise.
Marriage isn't for everyone but at list mothering a child will be a good option.. Giving birth to your own
Child will be Awesome I bet you is gonna make you feel alive and loved.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Olubee22(f): 12:33pm On May 17, 2022
There's nothing wrong with you. Your mental health is important and I salute you for your courage. It's ok to want kids and also fine to not want them. Take care of yourself, surround yourself with good people and enjoy life.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Jaculze(m): 12:36pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
You seem to make made your decision and you also said you might adopt a child of you change your mind. There isn't any right nor wrong approach. So I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. The
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by unmask: 12:36pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
Good decision. At least you know yourself. You will be lonely sometimes but be happy majority of the time.

Just look for some other hobby that Will keep you busy.
Marriage is overrated

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BigBashiru: 12:38pm On May 17, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Take care of your mental health first . Remember children are important at old age , if not marriage and so called Love and relationship are just scam .

Marriage is a scam towards guys.... Think about a woman getting married to a rich man...what does it mean for the woman? It means a lifetime of no stress....she relaxes as a woman doing nothing while the man takes care of everything....marriage is good for women but a nightmare for guys.....
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Joe4real1988(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
I think you have not been with a guy that would make you wonno spend the rest of your life with him, and yearns for a biological child as well.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BigBashiru: 12:41pm On May 17, 2022
judedwriter:

Yes married life is the sweetest. But if you missed your God ordained life partner, I think it's better to be single than to marry the wrong person.

However, no matter who you marry, with patience and tolerance it can succeed. But many people lack patience, tolerance and forgiveness, hence the high divorce rate.

Married life is not the sweetest. In my own analysis the basic premise of marriage is a scam; men put themselves under financial stress all their life for a woman whose feeling of entitlement comes from the Bible and hence scares most guys into compliance....
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by judedwriter(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2022
BigBashiru:

Married life is not the sweetest. In own experience the basic premise of marriage is a scam; men put themselves under financial stress all their life for an ungrateful entitled woman whose feeling of entitlement comes from the Bible and hence scares most guys into compliance....

Marriage is the sweetest because of sex grin God only permits sex in marriage.

But seriously, a lot of marriages fail today because people marry wrongly.

Another reason is the lack of love, forgiveness and tolerance.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Daaree: 12:46pm On May 17, 2022
When you are approaching 40 ur mental health will be looking for companionship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by qtguru(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Relocate and have children abroad, your fears will be reduced to a degree
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BlueAir: 12:47pm On May 17, 2022
grin they have been chopping her free. Omo those guys no laugh the guy wey go marry her grin
JOACHINpedro:

Which guy will reject this term and condition?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BigBashiru: 12:48pm On May 17, 2022
judedwriter:

Marriage is the sweetest because of sex grin God only permits sex in marriage.

But seriously, a lot of marriages fail today because people marry wrongly.

Another reason is the lack of love, forgiveness and tolerance.

"God only permits sex in marriage".... this belief is one of my biggest regrets..... these days only old cargoes get married which means Christians never get the products young and fresh.... Christian men will ever only marry girls that are used up by various other guys before marriage hahahaha.... I deserve better than that so I will hv sex with my young and fresh girlfriend so long as I hv good intentions I think I'm fine....
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BlueAir: 12:49pm On May 17, 2022
grin motivational quotes people. Hian grin I fear una
Olubee22:
There's nothing wrong with you. Your mental health is important and I salute you for your courage. It's ok to want kids and also fine to not want them. Take care of yourself, surround yourself with good people and enjoy life.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by CrownOfClay724: 12:50pm On May 17, 2022
nenyewrites:

Lol, and it's children that won't be busy? If you're no longer living with your parents, how long have you stayed with them when you visited? That's if you've ever visited, because I know so many people that haven't seen their parents for more than 5 years because of economic issues.

Nigerians should start building retirement homes because what people need is companionship not children checking up on them.

You won't get, even if I explain.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by judedwriter(m): 12:51pm On May 17, 2022
BigBashiru:

"God only permits sex in marriage".... this belief is one of my biggest regrets..... these days only old cargoes get married which means Christians never get the products young and fresh.... Christian men will ever only marry girls that are used up by various other guys before marriage hahahaha.... I deserve better than that so I will hv sex with my young and fresh girlfriend so long as I hv good intentions I think I'm fine....

My fellow nairalander, if only you know what you lose spiritually when you have sex outside marriage, you go run o shocked

I have lost so much precious blessings in my former ignorance
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BigBashiru: 12:53pm On May 17, 2022
judedwriter:

My fellow nairalander, if only you know what you lose spiritually when you have sex outside marriage, you go run o shocked

I have lost so much precious blessings in my former ignorance

That's all bullshit I will hv sex with my young girls and will not dump them afterwards....they become part of my concubine. Gideon did it Solomon did. In this era polygamy is most important....girls even respect polygamists more than monogamists.... na animal kingdom we dey last last
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Immorttal: 12:53pm On May 17, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

This decision is self destructive.
you're ill-informed.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 17, 2022
haggai247:

This type of your advice dey kill person and millions of people would follow it.

If you want to succeed in life business relationship and find happiness look at what everyone else is doing AND DO THE OPPOSITE.

HERE IS WHY.

1% SUPER RICH
7% AFFLUENCE
20% GETTING BY
75% POOR AND BROKE.
This is the pyramid of life.
Take any population all the pastors, politician, business men nairalanders class mates medical school marriage relationship any population sort itself into a pyramid.

You have to ask yourself some questions if it's pertaining marriage money family or relationship. Here's it.

What are the 1% doing that make them get there and what are the 79% doing that get them there.

If you're sincere with yourself and answer that question every thing will change for you garantee.

As for loneliness if you are not happy with yourself now and get things going for you expecting a child a husband a friend people around to make you happy is a big GAMBLE.

and one can't live his life on gambling.
You have to take responsibility for your own happiness this is a sad reality and I so much resent it but it's the truth.

If you want control over situation in your life you must accept responsibility 100%.

You are Very Perceptive and Intelligent.
I agree 100% with what you said.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 17, 2022
Damaged goods, accept our condolence, but know this .......Isolation is insanity, you re built for connection, staying alone will only worsen your condition. Seek spiritual deliverance from genuine pastors (if there are any left).
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by judedwriter(m): 12:55pm On May 17, 2022
BigBashiru:

That's all bullshit I will hv sex with my young girls and will not dump them afterwards....they become part of my concubine. Gideon did it Solomon did. In this era polygamy is most important....girls even respect polygamists more than monogamists.... na animal kingdom we dey last last

Anyways... Life remains the best teacher.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by gees101(m): 12:57pm On May 17, 2022
Take care of your mental health 1st before anything else
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 17, 2022
Klass99:

Mwah kiss

People are always pushing the narrative of having children for old age and as a retirement plan, on these streets. But how many of them actively do good, do right and do well by their own parents in real life?

Like you rightly said the Naija economy makes it hard, for folks to regularly visit parents and spend quality time with them, or even support them financially from afar without fail. Life gets busy, people are bugged down with life challenges of unemployment, underemployment, long job searches, fruitless business start ups etcetera and parents are either intentionally or unintentionally neglected by these same children they are told to have for when they are old.

Exactly. Most people are not realistic. And they're also boring, scared and unadventurous. That's why they need children to fill up their lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by thinkmoney(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
Contact me.
I have an arrangement that might work for u
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Toks2008(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please am not suffering from mood swings..this is something that is affecting my life and not some mood swings
If you live outside Nigeria you are not alone on this.

Marriage is overrated. It is better to be single and happy.

You can adopt a child and be happy... Whatever gives you peace is welcomed.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by resourcedude: 1:02pm On May 17, 2022
[quote author=Poswahala post=112893578]Guys I genuinely need some advice

Please advise.[/q
a man somewhere has the same dream like you. two of you can make good companion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Broke Guy Is Disturbing My Sister's Happiness / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship / If A Man Tells You Any Of These Lines, Run!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.