Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44952 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by zacwale(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
AliExpress checkout available
$2300
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by naijaboy756: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2023
Does customer charge duty on item what is worth $124?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by felix55(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
DAVECENA:

Get a virtual card. I use PayDay but you can also use Chipper cash.
this payday, I have registered but can't verify my account ..do u know y
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by BluPlanet: 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
DAVECENA:

Get a virtual card. I use PayDay but you can also use Chipper cash.

At what rate please
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Benz03: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.
So you do this cheat just like me
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by 11Anonymous(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2023
BluPlanet:

At what rate please
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Akposkiz: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Next time shiptonaija
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by DAVECENA(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
felix55:
this payday, I have registered but can't verify my account ..do u know y

At first I used my NIN slip and waited for days, only to realize I didn't initiate the process. So, use a recognized means of identification and it shouldn't take long to get verified. What means have you been using?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamspilla: 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
Exact same thing has happened to me, a phone ordered reached Nigeria since 31st October and tracking, showing it was in my Town yet had no further movement until date. Just a change from "sorting center" to "line Haul office" on the same 31st oct 2022 entry all still showing its in my city. Meanwhile on 17track website a new update as of 5th jan 2023
'Exception Handling. Sender/lodger to contact Customer Service at 1605" pretty safe to assume customs or post office staff are doing sharp practices

onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?]

Please help
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamspilla: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Go and pay your duty op, as a good Nigerian. Any item that exceeds 250usd must attract a duty. That's the only help...which is to go meet them and pay the right amount as duty. Ciao

I don't understand are we supposed to randomly start visiting all customs in our states or to go to Lagos headquarters or to airport or to apapa port looking for customs that have not contacted us at all. How am i supposed to pay duty when my phone is no where to be found in the first place??
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamspilla: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:
Phones and some other electronics attract duty so visit custom office or ask them in the post office they will tell you who to meet pay duty and collect your item .
Good luck

How to know which customs to visit nationwide
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamspilla: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
WiziAgoziee:
From my experience 4 years ago... custom seize my order containing 2 watches in wuse post office when they trackd my order they took me to a room with custom officer the man start asking me about the price i devalue it he ended up finding details of the price brought out official catalogue to calculate the percentage and gave me one big bill of around 20k i ended up giving hin 5k. i was naïve. if na now you go give me details to pay on remita direct to govt. or no payment in dat case they will calc high amount my advise go there and negotiate for ur phone with 5k. they will tell u you use aliexpress to evade custom charges just be bold. Its fuckd in naija. now i do easily received my orders here no charges what so eva

Please did the customs contact you initially? Or how do you know which customs centre to go and check from in your city?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by letsfarmnigeria: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2023
bamspilla:

How to know which customs to visit nationwide

If you ordered from lagos visit the nearest post office box next to your address they will help you with custom office holding it
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by talktalk4u: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2023
Its not held by Custom....The logistics company is holding it .... Nipost or speedeff is holding it
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamspilla: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

If you ordered from lagos visit the nearest post office box next to your address they will help you with custom office holding it

I'm far far away from lagos
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by letsfarmnigeria: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
bamspilla:

I'm far far away from lagos

Visit the nearest post office to we're you ordered they will tell you the custom holding your parcel

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SamsonJohn743(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2023
Please guys I just got a notification of the product i ordered from AliExpress.
This is my first order…

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SamsonJohn743(m): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2023
SamsonJohn743:
This is my first order…

I don’t know what to do with this
information…
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Whois(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Track it on speedaf.com

SamsonJohn743:
This is my first order…

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SamsonJohn743(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2023
Whois:
Track it on speedaf.com

I got this from speedaf today. What should i do next?

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Whois(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
Wait for am email from speedaf informing you to go to their office for pickup

SamsonJohn743:

I got this from speedaf today. What should i do next?

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SamsonJohn743(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
Whois:
Wait for am email from speedaf informing you to go to their office for pickup

Thanks
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by zubebs(f): 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
Guys please I need assistance
I ordered a phone on AliExpress since February ending and yet the phone hadn't come. I opened dispute but dispute was rejected saying there's nothing wrong with the shipping... That was about a month ago. I contacted AliExpress customer service and was asked to check my local post office, if it's not there I should collect a stamped letter saying so. I went to the post office and they said it's been with customs since 12th of march that they're yet to clear it so I should just wait. I asked for the letter but they refused. I went back to AliExpress and they said I can't prove that I didn't receive the phone without an official letter from nipost. Guys I don't know what to do. Had anyone experienced this? How did you resolve it? I didn't see phone, I didn't get my money back

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Wilhelm99: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Can anyone help me with the link to poco official store on aliexpress
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by shedy03(m): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Rastaramsey:
My o.p your phone don enter voicemail...

If you reach there complain complain
Nasoso story you go dey collect...

Na something wey don do me before...
This is why I prefer to buy my things in naija, like the customs and Post Office people are hungry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.