Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44958 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Ambassadors: 9:10am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Master card wen I still take order last week??
Anything more than $20 wont fly. I mean the card wont process

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 9:10am On May 19, 2022
porthouse7:
I have lots of items stock at Nigeria custom

You pay the duty at the post office, I believe the item has not arrived.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by rajiedreez: 9:10am On May 19, 2022
Brb
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by mamawa123: 9:12am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

Nigerian customs will ask you to pay import duty on the phone. Next time use private shipper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by rezzy: 9:12am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

Are you sure the seller sent it?
I bought memory card and it was exactly like yours., till the time expired

I have been receiving items from speedaf express, so I was sure the seller didn't sent it. I opened dispute and my money was refunded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by rezzy: 9:13am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high
I used mastercard 2 days ago
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by victorv12(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

Extortion is their next move.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by sleekflow(m): 9:15am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I have tried 5 different master cards from different banks

It says CSC_error 75000 something like that

This is an error from Visa card that I have been using too

Wahala... The only issue I know is with my Mums card. And that's about her card having a limit of 10k per month.

In my own case, I order as much as I want.

I use GT account though
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Dottore: 9:15am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
they provide you with address in america & UK where you ship your items then they deliver it to your door step in nigeria. i use them when i shop on ebay and aliexpress.
You mean in aliexpress, one should select ship to US or UK instead of ship to Nigeria?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by victorv12(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2022
The phone is already at the post office. The custom guys at the post office are the one that want to extort you.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 9:18am On May 19, 2022
Addy615:
Get a barter USD card, this is what I have been using and it has been working for me

How and where can I get it ?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 9:20am On May 19, 2022
rezzy:
I used mastercard 2 days ago

I went to open account with sterling bank cos of master card

I have wema bank master card too

Not working
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Ezebinaugwu(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

With the current restriction of spending only $20 a day from all master card. Please how are you able to spend more than $20
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by NaijaCars4sale: 9:21am On May 19, 2022
This is something that many people are facing right now
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Sion47: 9:22am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.

Thereby shortchanging the NCS and FGN
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by TheOldGods: 9:22am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
don't ever listen to this man. Shiptonaija is even worst your item may stay over a month before they ship it and they overcharge. They charged me 35k to ship a phone yet I waited for 2 months..

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Bluffly: 9:22am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help
Go to your local post office

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by rezzy: 9:23am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I went to open account with sterling bank cos of master card

I have wema bank master card too

Not working

I heard monthly limit is 20$ now.
Are you buying above 20$?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 9:23am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Wahala... The only issue I know is with my Mums card. And that's about her card having a limit of 10k per month.

In my own case, I order as much as I want.

I use GT account though

Maybe I will have to go open account with GT bank again

I have 7 banks around my house

I have account with 3 of them and non of their master cards are working
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chiefkpokp(m): 9:23am On May 19, 2022
Next time use our shipping company, oms mall and global services, we ship from China to Lagos, Benin, warri, we can waybill to your state.... We use through Hk to send battery goods....
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 9:24am On May 19, 2022
rezzy:

I heard monthly limit is 20$ now.
Are you buying above 20$?

I'm buying something of 86$

But ordered iphone 6 panel if 27$

With access bank Visa card and it worked
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SUPERPACK: 9:26am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I have tried 5 different master cards from different banks

It says CSC_error 75000 something like that

This is an error from Visa card that I have been using too
Almost all Nigerian cards now have $20 spending limit per month. Hope your order is not larger than that, that could be the problem.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by OneKinGuy(m): 9:28am On May 19, 2022
I don't think it's, being held by custom. The processing time is longer here in Nigeria. Wait fro about 2 weeks and you'll receive a, call to come pick it up.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by wink2015(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2022
Following up the news.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onyekabe(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
But it is costly using shiptoNija
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Addy615: 9:30am On May 19, 2022
https://barter.me/

The limit on the barter USD card is $10,000 per transaction and you can carry out multiple $10,000 transactions in a day

Trust me it works perfectly fine
Homeboiy:

How and where can I get it ?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 9:30am On May 19, 2022
Have never experience this type of thing, and theres nothing by held by custom. go to ur nearest post office to confirm from them.

i do buy and ship from 1688, alibaba and aliexpress and don't have issue with them

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 9:31am On May 19, 2022
TheOldGods:
don't ever listen to this man. Shiptonaija is even worst your item may stay over a month before they ship it and they overcharge. They charged me 35k to ship a phone yet I waited for 2 months..
2 Months? i doubt this.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Elidrisy20: 9:32am On May 19, 2022
They want thief am
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Johel(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

Mumu Na your middle name...we have phone stores all over Naija but u chose to do online purchase from AliExpress...on day Una go wise.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:34am On May 19, 2022
rezzy:

Are you sure the seller sent it?
I bought memory card and it was exactly like yours., till the time expired

I have been receiving items from speedaf express, so I was sure the seller didn't sent it. I opened dispute and my money was refunded
I want to believe so. I bought from a verified store
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by pannyman(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2022
Dottore:

How can one choose speedaf in aliexpress.

To ensure that Speedaf is the company that will deliver your item, select Aliexpress Standard Shipping as your shipping method. The tracking id would begin with "NG" and end with "R".

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.