Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44955 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by TechCapon(m): 7:42am On May 20, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
Pls explain more about this shiptonaija. And how long will it take to arrive. Is it a company?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 7:52am On May 20, 2022
TechCapon:
Pls explain more about this shiptonaija. And how long will it take to arrive. Is it a company?
yes its a company. You register on their site. They will give you addresses where you can send your items. Then they deliver it to you here in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meshachdbuzz(m): 8:11am On May 20, 2022
onlinetrader:
cheesy cheesy

You also ordered for a phone?

Yes oo
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 8:18am On May 20, 2022
meshachdbuzz:

Yes oo
you won't believe it. Just this morning, I woke up to see it has left customs custody cheesy grin

Could this be a coincidence or what?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meshachdbuzz(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2022
onlinetrader:
you won't believe it. Just this morning, I woke up to see it has left customs custody cheesy grin

Could this be a coincidence or what?

Enjoyment for you grin grin

Is the sorry logistics delay we will deliver it to you shortly thats my concern, its has been there over 2months now and its annoying.. It hasn't gotten to custom yet..

Wat to do, crossing my fingers las las in 16days i go open dispute if e no come..

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by kingreal: 9:32am On May 20, 2022
Rodinat:

Do you pay with dollar or Yuan?
Kindly guide ���
My brother how do you pay for the item? I want to buy a phone on aliexpress , I can't pay with my ATM because is beyond 20$, and the sellers are accepting credit cards, pls do u know sellers that accept bank transfer or other forms of payments? Please let me know. My email, kingsleye2002@yahoo.com. I intend buying cheap smartphones.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by kingreal: 9:40am On May 20, 2022
meshachdbuzz:

Yes oo
Bro, how did you pay for the phone? I will like to know. Which store did you ordered it from I will also like to know. I want to buy a phone less the 60$ . Thank you.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by kingreal: 9:44am On May 20, 2022
Leemekzy:
yes its a company. You register on their site. They will give you addresses where you can send your items. Then they deliver it to you here in nigeria.
Pls from which store did you ordered it from? How did you payied for it?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meshachdbuzz(m): 9:46am On May 20, 2022
kingreal:
Bro, how did you pay for the phone? I will like to know. Which store did you ordered it from I will also like to know. I want to buy a phone less the 60$ . Thank you.

Its 3months ago when access bank was still offering 300$ as monthly limit

But u can use fluterwave by barter is #601/$ as for today
It has no spending limit

And wat kind of phone that will be less than 60$
U sure say na phone grin
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 10:11am On May 20, 2022
Rodinat:

Do you pay with dollar or Yuan?
Kindly guide ���

yuan for 1688 and alipay bank deposit, dollar fr Alibaba and ALIEXPRESS

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 10:15am On May 20, 2022
Contact me for your procurement and shipping from 1688, Alibaba and Aliexpress to Nigeria. we buy, source and ship. whatsapp: 07081997275
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by fadaroking: 11:15am On May 20, 2022
Business people don land now now, instead of sharing the idea
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 12:46pm On May 20, 2022
kingreal:
Pls from which store did you ordered it from? How did you payied for it?
ordered from ebay.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chibatov(m): 5:30pm On May 20, 2022
chibatov:
boss please check my post reply above and tell me if that is normal. I'm a new to shipping from abroad
I bought it from the US. I didn’t ship to Nigeria directly because of custom wahala now see
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by MonogramMaster(m): 4:59am On May 21, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by MonogramMaster(m): 5:00am On May 21, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by charlsecy(m): 11:47am On May 21, 2022
onlinetrader:
..... phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.
I have had a similar experience.

My phone was held by some agency for some time. I later got a call and email to submit proof of purchase. I submitted soft copies of evidence. The phone was released.

Post office charge is based on the weight of the item.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nana2018: 1:23pm On May 25, 2022
joey150:

Whenever I attempt to order it never seems like they'll deliver to my doorstep.

I want to completely avoid going to the post office. Usually all I see is Aliexpress standard shipping.

I think the Ali Express standard shipment is the one that ends with R and it's mostly Speedaf that delivers that

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by rezzy: 4:22pm On May 25, 2022
meshachdbuzz:

Op me am still waiting patiently

I had something like this, it wasn't delivered at all
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meshachdbuzz(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2022
rezzy:

I had something like this, it wasn't delivered at all

I have 9days more to open dispute
I no cucu buy again self make i dey use my note9s to merge with my v60
I Be wan give the 9s out cash kuku done deh scarce this days self sad
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by 9jaX: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
[quote author=MonogramMaster post=113026030][/quote]

Please do not, its the worst logistics company I have ever used check out reviews online first
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help
Hello chief, have u eventually got your phone?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by PubgAvicii(m): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
My own is still saying despatch to overseas postal admin
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
heykims:

Hello chief, have u eventually got your phone?
Yes..I am so sorry for not giving you guys update. Received the phone just few weeks later but been engaged with so many things

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Whitemagic: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
Gentlealibu:

This is not true. I use GTBANK and UBA MasterCard only for all my transactions on AliExpress.

The OP can open a dispute for his money to be returned back to him if he doesn't receive the item. As easy as ABC grin
And you’re able to buy beyond $100 - $200 items on AliExpress ?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by DAVECENA(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Collins4u1:

This item is on its way to your post office... Same happened when I bought pocofone f3... It will come

Hey man, I want to buy a Poco phone from AliExpress worth $180 and I need to know the cost of the custom duty. How much did you pay when you purchased yours? Thanks.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by DAVECENA(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
ote author=onlinetrader post=117149740]Yes..I am so sorry for not giving you guys update. Received the phone just few weeks later but been engaged with so many things[/quote]

That's great. How much did you pay as Custom duty? I want to get a phone via AliExpress and I'm pretty confused on the charge.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by viklegend(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello everyone, do u need to order stuffs from online sites like AliExpress and eBay but have no card able to pay for the item ??

Ambvik exchange is offering a festive checkout offers on all sites. My services span Fiverr orders, ebay checkouts, AliExpress and even alipay at a cheaper dollar rate

Kindly hit up

Escrow is allowed.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Kaveco(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
DAVECENA:

Hey man, I want to buy a Poco phone from AliExpress worth $180 and I need to know the cost of the custom duty. How much did you pay when you purchased yours? Thanks.

How did you pay for it? What card did guy use?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by DAVECENA(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2023
Kaveco:

How did you pay for it? What card did guy use?

Get a virtual card. I use PayDay but you can also use Chipper cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.