Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44957 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Entanglement: 10:31am On May 19, 2022
rezzy:
I used mastercard 2 days ago
all visa card no longer work on Ali express as from last week.

Only master card working but cap at 20dollars

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by excelmerry: 10:31am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I have tried 5 different master cards from different banks

It says CSC_error 75000 something like that

This is an error from Visa card that I have been using too
Yes, I get same too. Was told that banks have reduced international monthly transactions on naira cards to just $20 per month. Can u believe it??
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chrizzyace: 10:31am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

If you don’t follow up just forget your goods.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Collins4u1(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
On its way for almost 10 days now..chai! Are you sure yours stayed on this position for 10 days or more?
more than 10days.. Infact i have received the phone and the tracker never updated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by LogicBomb8: 10:53am On May 19, 2022
mamawa123:

Nigerian customs will ask you to pay import duty on the phone. Next time use private shipper.
like what?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 10:57am On May 19, 2022
excelmerry:

Yes, I get same too. Was told that banks have reduced international monthly transactions on naira cards to just $20 per month. Can u believe it??

But I used Access visa card to order goods of more than 80$ recently
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by biodex(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2022
eyah, guy, you can try this guys, they are effective and efficient...
J3 cargo subsequently, those guys know their way around these things and will get you your package to your doorstep
Here's their Instagram handle: www.instagram.com/j3cargo
/+2347089244480
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by WiziAgoziee(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2022
From my experience 4 years ago... custom seize my order containing 2 watches in wuse post office when they trackd my order they took me to a room with custom officer the man start asking me about the price i devalue it he ended up finding details of the price brought out official catalogue to calculate the percentage and gave me one big bill of around 20k i ended up giving hin 5k. i was naïve. if na now you go give me details to pay on remita direct to govt. or no payment in dat case they will calc high amount my advise go there and negotiate for ur phone with 5k. they will tell u you use aliexpress to evade custom charges just be bold. Its fuckd in naija. now i do easily received my orders here no charges what so eva
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by NothingDoMe: 11:20am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

I doubt that. It's always stated in the terms and conditions that the buyer might be subjected to paying custom fee in accordance to the regulations of individual countries.
They actually do. Been using them even while they were shoptopmydoor till date. They handle everything.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by peacealways: 11:22am On May 19, 2022
Nigeria go better
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Jungleluv5: 11:25am On May 19, 2022
That is very bad I have like 2 to 3 items close to 2 years now with them which I have forgotten
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Marvfem: 11:58am On May 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Go and pay your duty op, as a good Nigerian. Any item that exceeds 250usd must attract a duty. That's the only help...which is to go meet them and pay the right amount as duty. Ciao
how can one go to meet them plssss
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 19, 2022
It’s at your local post office sometimes it will say unsuccessful delivery that’s your post guy being deceitful
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 12:06pm On May 19, 2022
INCREDIBLE007:

Pls how do I get in touch with them Pls
shiptonaija.com
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Johel(m): 12:19pm On May 19, 2022
foolbuster:

You are very stupid but you don't know.

Na mumu still be your middle name grin grin...cry blood.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by joey150(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.
Is speedaf the default delivery mode in Aliexpress?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Naija4love(m): 12:37pm On May 19, 2022
ican2020:
LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV & PlayStation 4 + Control & FIFA 22

Full HD 1080P: Watch TV and movies in true 1080p high-definition sharpness and Images are super

Dynamic Color makes 6 colors including RGB color more vivid and clearer. This cutting-edge color processing technology presents a picture that is natural.

LG's surround sound effect seems to recreate sounds. Feel the happenings all around you using just TV speaker with no additional equipment required

Immersive home entertainment: Connect your entertainment devices and enjoy a variety of contents such as games and movies through your TV.

Sophisticated inside and out, the stylish frames make the design even more dazzling with its modern taste.
Reason for sale: relocation

LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV Price 100,000
&
PlayStation 120,000 [Excellent Working Condition]

For more info call 08058435405

the 2 make i give u 150k
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Chigorkizz(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2022
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

Op me am still waiting patiently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by NotBeenPaid: 1:03pm On May 19, 2022
Addy615:
Get a barter USD card, this is what I have been using and it has been working for me

What exchange do they use please?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Crvrider: 1:05pm On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
they provide you with address in america & UK where you ship your items then they deliver it to your door step in nigeria. i use them when i shop on ebay and aliexpress.

Can they be used on Amazon as well?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Coalhill23(m): 1:11pm On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.

Please bro explain in details, how do I use the shiptonaija. I trying to buy some products from AliExpress and it's very slow bringing in goods+ custom overcharge wahala, I want to avoid?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 1:26pm On May 19, 2022
meshachdbuzz:

Op me am still waiting patiently
cheesy cheesy

You also ordered for a phone?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Rayd502(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2022
Ezebinaugwu:

With the current restriction of spending only $20 a day from all master card. Please how are you able to spend more than $20

It is 20usd a month.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by cedeki(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2022
I think you should exercise little more patience my orders usually takes longer than what you have described here
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by StreetMedia: 2:10pm On May 19, 2022
Op... The tracking stated 8th of May and today is 19th.
It will pass thru WH to DC before been dispatched to you.

Relax a bit more.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Addy615: 2:15pm On May 19, 2022
Here is how it works:

- Download the barter app from your google or iOS play store
- Create an account(you will be required to input your BVN for verification purposes)
- Fund your wallet
- Proceed to create a USD card(you will be charged a total of $7, $2 card creation fee inclusive), the money will be deducted from your wallet and the exchange rate will be displayed at the point of transaction.

I have been using Barter for over a year now and their service is quiet exceptional
NotBeenPaid:

What exchange do they use please?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Emmako007(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2022
Collins4u1:

This item is on its way to your post office... Same happened when I bought pocofone f3... It will come
Can you flasg me let me call? I have same issue too..
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Collins4u1(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2022
Emmako007:

Can you flasg me let me call? I have same issue too..

Done
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by fadaroking: 3:08pm On May 19, 2022
Aliexpress still accepts Mastercard, the issue is that before now the spending limit on international transactions as stipulated by CBN was 50USD, in march the spending limit was further reduced to 20USD. So your order should not exceed 8,500NGN

Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Morenike12345: 3:08pm On May 19, 2022
Why una dey behave like illiterate now...
SEBI it's clearly written dia that estimated delivery jun 1...allow June 1 to come first now b4 saying anything...if after June 1 u can't receive ur phone...you are allowed to collect ur money back now....nawa oo
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by fadaroking: 3:13pm On May 19, 2022
When you reach the delivery section, select "from china to nigeria via Aliexpress standard shipping" and your order will be shipped thru Speedaf
Dottore:

How can one choose speedaf in aliexpress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.