Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44954 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by foolbuster: 3:14pm On May 19, 2022
Johel:

Na mumu still be your middle name grin grin...cry blood.

Ode
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Kizyte(m): 3:21pm On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help
It will be delivered bro, it's normal for items to pass through customs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by porthouse7(f): 3:49pm On May 19, 2022
quentin06:

You pay the duty at the post office, I believe the item has not arrived.
I even contact seller, d guy is helpless also, if nothing happens next week I will open dispute resolution

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by jossypajay: 4:06pm On May 19, 2022
That is not true.
I bought items yesterday with GTB MasterCard and it sail through

Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 4:18pm On May 19, 2022
joey150:

Is speedaf the default delivery mode in Aliexpress?
Speedaf has been the courier company that always delivers my item bought on Aliexpress to me. They bring the item to your address.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Bensondrums(m): 4:31pm On May 19, 2022
Hello bro...pls I sent u an email. I need ur assistance in putting me tru how to order from aliexpress...theres an item i would like t ship but I'm a newbie to shipping from abroad nd I dont want t fall into d wrong hands. Pls help me out.. U can WhatsApp me on 08093799442
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Eriokanmi: 4:38pm On May 19, 2022
Marvfem:
how can one go to meet them plssss
Go to the customs office at the aircargo office inside Ikeja airport. Ask people and they'd direct you. Good luck.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by GreaterFuture(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
they take care off that.
Did you read that it's from China?
They have address on China too??
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by fm7070: 4:48pm On May 19, 2022
Go to their office and have discussion with them. Go with your evidence of payment. you may need to part with some change after all said and done.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by umuna(m): 5:05pm On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

They charge you duties on the phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by TruthUntold: 6:16pm On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help
hmmm, mine arrived too but was sent to Gusau, which is a state I don't live in. Email NIPOST to know exactly what happened to your item, because that update usually means it left the custody of customs.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 6:31pm On May 19, 2022
fadaroking:
Aliexpress still accepts Mastercard, the issue is that before now the spending limit on international transactions as stipulated by CBN was 50USD, in march the spending limit was further reduced to 20USD. So your order should not exceed 8,500NGN

Thanks but I want to order something of 6000 and it still failed

Sterling bank master card
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by joey150(m): 6:34pm On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf has been the courier company that always delivers my item bought on Aliexpress to me. They bring the item to your address.
Whenever I attempt to order it never seems like they'll deliver to my doorstep.

I want to completely avoid going to the post office. Usually all I see is Aliexpress standard shipping.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Gentlealibu: 6:39pm On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high

This is not true. I use GTBANK and UBA MasterCard only for all my transactions on AliExpress.

The OP can open a dispute for his money to be returned back to him if he doesn't receive the item. As easy as ABC grin
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chibatov(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Go to the customs office at the aircargo office inside Ikeja airport. Ask people and they'd direct you. Good luck.
Boss I'm a newbie to shipping from abroad. I just had an onyx speaker shipped through a third party and I don't want to bore you with story so I'll send you some pictures I just need to know if it is normal.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chibatov(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2022
Please I don’t want to bore you guys with stories. I bought the said speaker few weeks back and had it shipped from the us to lag through a third party now see what they are charging me. Please is this normal? Becos I personally feel it is too much

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Aliyuminna(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2022
It is not held. It will be delivered to you within weeks.
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Ezebinaugwu(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2022
wisdomkid:

Its $20/month and not a day.

Mine is a day
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 8:00pm On May 19, 2022
Aliyuminna:
It is not held. It will be delivered to you within weeks.
Thank you
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 19, 2022
Lol
All packages are opened!
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by UncleKoboko: 8:58pm On May 19, 2022
Ambassadors:
Anything more than $20 wont fly. I mean the card wont process
Nigeria is finished!
Two years ago, I was still doing $200 monthly on my Naira Gtb MasterCard.

IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH BUHARl
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by cutieme(m): 9:08pm On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help
How about clothes, shoes and wristwatches, do they charge much on them or are they delayed?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 9:50pm On May 19, 2022
joey150:

Whenever I attempt to order it never seems like they'll deliver to my doorstep.

I want to completely avoid going to the post office. Usually all I see is Aliexpress standard shipping.
Doorstep delivery started recently I think. Years ago I used to go collect my items at the post office but since last year, it has changed.
It is however for only items with 'tracking available' option for shipping.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2022
primeFestus:
Lol
All packages are opened!
They are not. Packages are opened randomly but not all. In fact most are not opened.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Rodinat: 9:53pm On May 19, 2022
Nogymmarts:
Have never experience this type of thing, and theres nothing by held by custom. go to ur nearest post office to confirm from them.

i do buy and ship from 1688, alibaba and aliexpress and don't have issue with them
Do you pay with dollar or Yuan?
Kindly guide ���
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by heykims(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2022
joey150:

Is speedaf the default delivery mode in Aliexpress?
It is the local courier company that now delivers items to doorsteps of customers.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chibatov(m): 11:27pm On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
please help a brother out by checking my post above
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chibatov(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2022
chiefkpokp:
Next time use our shipping company, oms mall and global services, we ship from China to Lagos, Benin, warri, we can waybill to your state.... We use through Hk to send battery goods....
boss please check my post reply above and tell me if that is normal. I'm a new to shipping from abroad
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 1:47am On May 20, 2022
cutieme:

How about clothes, shoes and wristwatches, do they charge much on them or are they delayed?
They don't charge at all

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chiefkpokp(m): 2:26am On May 20, 2022
chibatov:
boss please check my post reply above and tell me if that is normal. I'm a new to shipping from abroad

Have already check it, when ever we are shipping phones from China, we used through Hong Kong to avoid all this customs wahala.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:58am On May 20, 2022
Addy615:
https://barter.me/

The limit on the barter USD card is $10,000 per transaction and you can carry out multiple $10,000 transactions in a day

Trust me it works perfectly fine
At what rate? Highest black market rate?

What difference does it make when compared with jumia et al?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.