Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Happened After I Lied On My CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened After I Lied On My CV (30994 Views)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Mystery2020: 10:07am On May 21, 2022
After job hunting for a while, I saw a thread on Nairaland (some of those how to write a CV topics) where applicants with gaps in their CVs were advised to fill them up anyhow with anything they can defend. The poster authoritatively said such applicants stand no chance of getting a job.

So I took the advice because of my past experiences, some of which I have shared here

and here.

Also read: https://www.nairaland.com/7117921/8-things-need-survive-banker#112665995

https://www.nairaland.com/7103678/toxicity-score-various-occupations-sectors

Then, I continued the journey after rewritting my CV by 'filling the gaps'.

Boom! I was called for an interview at the very first place I applied to with this doctored CV. I passed the first stage with the HR. I was quizzed thoroughly during the second stage (panel interview) with the line manager & supervisor. They kept going back and forth on those things I claimed in my CV. They had doubts, but I remained calm and relaxed.

Days later, I got a call from the HR to come for stage three with one of the directors. The caller said I should relax that it is nothing serious. I became anxious. Why would the HR say something like that and why didn't they send an email like they have always done? I asked myself.

I met some others too and was the last to be interviewed. The director decided to test me hands-on on some of the things I claimed to have done or able to do. I knew it was a setup, because they ought to have done this in previous stages. But I remained calm. I did what the director requested and I left.

The following week, they called me on phone again to come. Immediately I got there, I took the letter and quickly acknowledge receipt before they could change their minds. This was how I got the job.

279 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Nahdeh: 11:12am On May 21, 2022
Congrats bro. emphasis on put what you can defend

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by ChoCho54(f): 12:38pm On May 21, 2022
Op please what's it you put that you needed to defend?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by pheelhip(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2022
I Like your composure all through the interview stages, your confidence sold you out even during hands on deck

Congratulations Man

53 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by oilmane(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2022
Mystery2020:
After job hunting for a while, I saw a thread on Nairaland (some of those how to write a CV topics) where applicants with gaps in their CVs were advised to fill them up anyhow with anything they can defend. The poster who wrote authoritativly said such applicants stand no chance of getting a job.

So I took the advice because of my past experiences, some of which I have shared here

and here.

Also read: https://www.nairaland.com/7117921/8-things-need-survive-banker#112665995

Boom! I was called for an interview at the very first place I applied to with this doctored CV. I passed the first stage with the HR. I was quizzed thoroughly during the second stage (panel interview) with the line manager & supervisor. They kept going back and forth on those things I claimed in my CV. They had doubts, but I remained calm and relaxed.

Days later, I got a call from the HR to come for stage three with one of the directors. The caller said I should relax that it is nothing serious. I became troubled. Why would the HR say something like that and why didn't they send an email like they have always done? I asked myself.

I met some others too and was the last to be interviewed. The director decided to test me hands-on on some of the things I claimed to have done or able to do. I knew it was a setup, because they ought to have done this in previous stages. But I remained calm. I did what the director requested and I left.

The following week, they called me on phone again to come. Immediately I got there, I took the letter and quickly acknowledge receipt before they could change their minds. This was how I got the job.

Congratulations man

13 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Happiboispot(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2022
Congratulations

5 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by youngblaq: 2:32pm On May 21, 2022
Bravo man

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Stallionhorse: 3:57pm On May 21, 2022
Fake it till you make it.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Samade7: 3:57pm On May 21, 2022
Yahoo way of getting job cheesy........congratulations bro.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Unzerious: 4:05pm On May 21, 2022
Enhorabuena!

Your Write-Up made my Day Bro smiley

8 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by potbelly(m): 4:18pm On May 21, 2022
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by NgebsonEmma: 4:26pm On May 21, 2022
That's good for you

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by sammirano: 4:45pm On May 21, 2022
You no well grin grin grin Why you come first scare us too wey wan copy you grin grin na joke oo. prospective employer

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Ahmback(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2022
Op, awoof dey purge belle ooo

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by sukar886: 4:59pm On May 21, 2022
Congratulations ....
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by freddie009(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2022
Back in the day a guy from the US told me this, he said is not ethical but it will get you at the door.

Even if you lose the job because they found out; we'll, they wouldn't have called you in the firstt place.

This is fake it till you make it but you have to be smart to pull this stunt though.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by ValCon888: 7:29pm On May 21, 2022
This thread made my day. Thank you OP.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Ishilove: 8:34pm On May 21, 2022
Emphasis on "what you can defend". No go put the one wey go embarass you in the open public

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by ictplotter(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2022
Mystery2020:
After job hunting for a while, I saw a thread on Nairaland (some of those how to write a CV topics) where applicants with gaps in their CVs were advised to fill them up anyhow with anything they can defend. The poster who wrote authoritativly said such applicants stand no chance of getting a job.

and here.

Days later, I got a call from the HR to come for stage three with one of the directors. The caller said I should relax that it is nothing serious. I became troubled. Why would the HR say something like that and why didn't they send an email like they have always done? I asked myself.

Scam alert. Same person with different n accounts n thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by turawaa(m): 3:09am On May 22, 2022
You still have to work on those stuffs you lied about….

Congratulations

6 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by toyeoye(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2022
Pro Tip: Don’t lie on your CV guys!
You can get away with it for a while but there's a chance you could get caught along the line and the outcome would be disappointing.

16 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by petrusevents(m): 8:08am On May 22, 2022
I was interviewing a guy for the position of Quality Assurance Officer in my company
Na so the guy go fabricate experiences con put am say he has worked with my formal company.
Na so I start to they ask questions , this guy fall my hands, he didn't do his homework well.
And that's how he lost the job.

Please only put what you can defend in your cv especially if you are looking for job in the manufacturing sector.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by engrglover(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2022
E
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by holuwajobar(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2022
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Orire01(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2022
OK

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature

https://www.nairaland.com/5933035/deal-breaker-affordable-cheap-laptops/25#111110056

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by tmtech: 11:13am On May 22, 2022
I remember one time I lied in my CV that I can use EXcel very well.. na so the indian carry laptop say make i arrange a worksheet and make a chart.

grin cheesy grin grin cheesy..
I tried my best sha cos I no Sabi excel like that that time.

The guy told me "my friend you don't know excel" grin grin grin.
But he still hired me . He later told my months later that he saw the zeal to learn in me, and that was why he hired me.

If you wan lie for CV , please have a basic understanding of what you are lying about .

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by zinaunreal(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2022
Mystery2020:
After job hunting for a while, I saw a thread on Nairaland (some of those how to write a CV topics) where applicants with gaps in their CVs were advised to fill them up anyhow with anything they can defend. The poster authoritatively said such applicants stand no chance of getting a job.

and here.

Days later, I got a call from the HR to come for stage three with one of the directors. The caller said I should relax that it is nothing serious. I became anxious. Why would the HR say something like that and why didn't they send an email like they have always done? I asked myself.

Thumbs up.. give examples of areas what you padded
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2022
We call it CV padding..
Enjoy your new job jareh

14 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by zinaunreal(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2022
ABANGWABOI:
We call it CV padding..
Enjoy your new job jareh

Like what do you need to pad?

Experience or what
Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by patrykhyci: 11:19am On May 22, 2022
Mystery2020:

and here.

Congrats OP.. But on a second thought, what of if one of the persons that grants you that interview is on NL and sees this??
Well!! Congrats again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by MeghaneMorgane(f): 11:19am On May 22, 2022
Congratulations to you. Many people exaggerate their CV.

If you go to a new country, even if you have never worked in that country, you need to put that you have some experience working in that country. If not, you don’t really stand a chance.

I’m of the opinion that you should put anything that you think will get you an interview with the HR. Anything at all. When you get to the HR, then the table is set for you to defend everything you wrote on that CV. Also, remove anything that will make anyone prejudge you. For those outside Nigeria, write the name of the school you graduate from but don’t write it is located in Nigeria. You can write the city or state but never write the country.

Infact, remove anything that will give people the impression that you are Nigerian. Use your English name instead of your native name. Immediately you have gotten a chance with the HR, then you can restore to default setting. That is my own take anyway. Job hunting is a very aggressive stage and you need to remove anything that will give people a bias impression of you to the extent that they wouldn’t call you for an interview.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Lied On My CV by Hespee93: 11:20am On May 22, 2022
Mystery2020:

and here.

This might be wrong, ut just want to request.

Can I a copy of your CV templates, you can renove your oersonal details from the one you want to send.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly / Urgent Vacancy / SBC (Seven-up Bottling Company) Graduate Trainee Interview Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.